Smog Shoppe Reviews

12 | Culver City, CA

12 Reviews for Smog Shoppe

Jeremy · Married on 02/10/2018

Great venue, helpful staff and a truly unique space.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Tobi · Married on 11/19/2016

BEST VENUE IN LA! I am obsessed. We fell in love with Smog from the second we found it online. I cried and new it was for us. The staff is exceptional (Nicolette & Dana). The cost included 12 hours of rental, space design assistance, vendor referrals, tables/chairs, benches, 2 lounge areas, ceremony & reception space, open house visits for planning, and 2 planning sessions; space is fully decorated!. There is an indoor & outdoor space, crow's nest for the bridal party/getting ready space, dance floor, kitchen, and closet (often used for photo booths or storage). They offer off-season, mid-week/Friday/Sunday, and same-sex discounts. The appeal for us was the eclectic design of the space. It's exceptional and fits all styles. The staff are very knowledgable and helpful in offering ideas to accommodate your needs & style. The furniture can be moved around as well. We were looking for a lounge-y, coffee house, hip venue that would give the feeling of entertaining our guests at home. Our guests were blown away by this space. Absolutely blown away. I could seriously live there.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Tiffany · Married on 10/04/2014

Once we walked into the Smogshoppe we knew it was the one. We had our reception here and the flow of the floorplan and people that worked our event were great! We got so many compliments on the space and loved how everything turned out. Throughout the entire process, Lia, Helen and Dana were very responsive and professional. They answered all our questions in a timely manner. Dana was our event manager the day of and she was very involved and helped our wedding planner. I would recommend everyone in LA to take a look at this space as its a gem in the city.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2013

The most BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE venue in Los Angeles. Our guests were raving about the venue all night. You get an exquisite live wall as your ceremony back drop which makes your photographs just incredible. Then the industrial reception room is so fun and you get a giant movie screen to do with as you choose... pretty amazing. And the staff at Tact Mgmt and Marvimon were so great to work with from day one. They love weddings... and they do everything they can to make sure your day is perfect. Love this place. Absolute Magic.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Lisa · Married on 07/14/2013

Smog Shoppe was beautiful. It was everything we wanted and we could not have been happier. Our guests loved the venue and we had a great experience with them planning our wedding.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Kasey · Married on 10/21/2012

I absolutely loved my wedding. The venue is unique and beautiful and well worth the price. I HIGHLY recommend using their day-of coordination services. The extra help made the day go flawlessly.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2011

The crew that runs the Smog Shoppe are awesome & super easy to deal with!! Everything went smooth thanks to them. Couldn't be happier. 5 stars!

Sent on 02/19/2012

SmogShoppe is my favorite venue in LA, hands down. My husband and I got married last month, and this place was everything we hoped for and more. The venue is absolutely stunning; with a modern, unique, and cool earthy vibe. Exactly what we were looking for! We hate the traditional "ballroom" look, and we wanted a smaller, intimate wedding, so SmogsShoppe fit our needs perfectly. The staff were very helpful since the very beginning. Communication with everyone was exceptional. Everything ran smoothly. Our guests were raving about it then, and they keep talking about how much they loved the venue today. It was just beautiful. I highly, highly recommend. Especially for those who appreciate the urban, earthy, modern, chic look. Not for boring couples. Yes, the venue was pricey, but worth every penny. We got our pictures a few days ago and we couldn't be happier... SmogShoppe makes for some amazing backdrops! Thank you Lia, Dana, and everyone else working so hard to make this place be as amazing as it is! We had the best time. Thank you Marvimon Inc.!

Sent on 03/01/2015

Expensive but a really magical place to do both your ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 11/10/2013

I am the groom. So forgive me for the short remarks. It should be enough that I am taking the time to write a review in praise of the Smog Shoppe. From our stand point, the place was excellent. It is a bit on the pricer side, because you have to pay for venue and still supply your own vendors for food. That was perfect for us because we wanted a very special menu and not some wedding-in-a-box menu.

Biggest plus is when you rent the place you get it for a full 12 hour period. They arent like those other places that double book wedding for morning and evening. We only had our reception here but easily could have had both.

Customer relations were excellent! Congrats and have fun! Being married is awesome! I wish more people would do it.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Kathy · Married on 01/12/2013

3.0

Hands down, the most beautiful event location in LA. It's like an oasis in the middle of the city; and all the lush greenery, the retro throwback pieces from when it used to be a smog emission test center, even the helicopter propeller as a ceiling fan are just TOO COOL for words. The interior and exterior are beautifully set up, and we hardly spent any extra money on decorations, which was a nice bonus. And all the photos turned out really great. The private upstairs area also provided a nice "bridal suite" for us to get ready and use as a green room. The employees were really nice and very knowledgeable. Plus, they also provide a valet service as well as a "bouncer", if you will because they're pretty strict on capacity - which ended up being great for us b/c I was able to use that as my "excuse" to limit my guest list. But they were really particular about a lot of things - I had to purchase wedding insurance; if i wanted children at the wedding, I had to hire a professional babysitter for every 3-4 kids; plus, a bunch of other vendors didn't want to work with them because they're so strict. Plus, parking is a little tricky; their lot isn't all that big and otherwise it's just street parking. All in all though, it was our dream wedding venue and we were really happy with it.

Sent on 01/17/2014

3.8
      3.0

The venue was so beautiful. The staff was professional and extremely responsive. The coordinators were phenomenal and answered every question and concern almost immediately via email.

The one down fall was the day of security guy Steve, he was incredibly rude to my mom and sister, short and snappy throughout the entire day/night. He's the reason a 3 for professionalism.

It also took until September to get the security deposit back even though Steve promised it at the end of the night.

Sent on 11/08/2014