On WeddingWire since 2009
The University Club of Pasadena is a historic wedding venue located in Pasadena, California that serves couples all over Southern California. This social and business networking club, founded in 1922, offers both indoor and outdoor settings for your ceremony and reception. Their professional staff will work with you one-on-one to create an unforgettable celebration. The University Club of Pasadena only hosts one wedding per day, in order to give you the time and attention you deserve.
Facilities and Capacity
Couples can host up to 300 guests at this elegant venue. Their beautiful, outdoor Garden Patio is perfect for your ceremony and/or cocktail hour. Gorgeous flowers, lush trees, and twinkle lights will surround you as you say your “I do’s.” You can also exchange your vows inside, in front of a majestic fireplace, and then sip cocktails in their Lounge. For your reception, you can dine and dance the night away in their sophisticated, Dining Room. This spacious space features high ceilings, ornate chandeliers, and an abundance of natural light through their large windows.
This full-service venue lets you and your loved ones enjoy the entire club and its amenities on the day of your celebration. There’s an amazing bridal suite and groom's room on-site for you and your wedding party to get ready-in, as well as plenty of parking for your guests. They have an in-house chef who will create the menu of your dreams, by listening to your individual needs and desires. Tables, chairs, and linens are included in their rental fee, along with china, glassware, and flatware. Additional services include:
- Cake cutting
- Chocolate fountain
- Event planner
- Event rentals
- Lighting and sound
- Wedding cake
In addition to hosting your wedding, The University Club of Pasadena is also happy to host your engagement party, bridal shower, and/or rehearsal dinner. For more intimate gatherings, they offer their elegant Library, which can seat up to 30 guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
18 User photos
The best decision for our wedding day!
1. You get the venue for the entire day! Other venues we toured had strict times we could enter, some even requiring the bride to arrive completely ready because there wasn't a space for HMU. Cinthia was so flexible and even allowed us to arrive at 6AM to begin getting ready! We had a brunch spread with our family/bridal party there, where Cinthia had the staff assist with setting up and tearing down our brunch tables.
2. The bar package is VERY flexible compared to other venues. We noticed that most of the venues we considered have a per-head cost, expensive since some of our elderly don't drink. UC instead allowed us to set a general bar limit, which afterwards they would convert into a cash bar (we didn't end up reaching our limit, but this was a very cost-effective set-up for us).
3. Joy and Tony were incredible at customizing our drinks! Joy had so many creative suggestions for Asian inspired drinks - they allowed us to have multiple taste testings and we landed on a lychee mojito and strawberry soju in a martini glass. We had SO many guests rave about our signature drinks, asking us for the recipes!
4. They went above and beyond for desserts!!!! We were so disappointed when other venues either don't allow outside vendors or have a fee - we're not cake people so we wanted to bring in Fosselman's ice cream instead. Cinthia and Chef Tony not only allowed us to bring in outside ice cream, but even told us that UC regularly serves Fosselman's for the club members so they could provide the ice cream for us instead of us bringing it! We originally wanted an ice cream bar, but they informed us they could only scoop the ice cream from the kitchen and have the waiters pass them around on trays because of their freezer location. However, the week of our wedding, Cinthia called us and said they've figured out a way to create our ice cream bar! It meant so much to us that UC was still trying to figure out a way to have our dream dessert station even though my husband and I were fine with tray-passed ice cream - and SO many guests complimented us for the ice cream station!
5. Cinthia and Chef Tony are very willing to work with you to make sure the entrees are exactly the way you want it! We initially weren't incredibly happy with the salmon during out taste testing, so they had us come in again to try the chicken with another free taste test (this is a huge deal - other venues often charge for taste tests)! They even allowed us to sub mashed potatoes for scalloped potatoes etc. I'll be honest - we thought the food at our taste testing was okay, pretty decent wedding food. BUT the food the night of our wedding was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!! We had so many guests (some of our guests are even wedding coordinators) compliment us for the food! Multiple parents also said this wedding had the best kid meals they've ever seen with delicious chicken tenders and fries - I had a dad even ask if he could also have a kids meal!
Other details that makes UC stand out...
- Parking ON SITE with a private lot!
- You have the entire building to yourself!
- Indoors in case of rain!
- I noticed some wedding websites giving UC three dollar signs, but this venue is actually VERY accommodating to your budget with fair prices
- 10/10 STAFF. Cinthia, Tony (bar), Tony (chef), and Joy are absolutely amazing to work with!
Above & Beyond
(photography credit for pictures in this review go to Carrie Rogers Photography)
Are you interested?
Would you like to visit?
The University Club of Pasadena frequently asked questions
- Bridal Suite
- Clean Up
- Set Up
- Cake Cutting
- Champagne Toast
- House Beer
- House Liquor
- House Wine
- Premium Liquor
- Signature Drink
- Specialty Beer
- Specialty Wine
- Banquet Hall
- Country/Golf Club
- Historic Building
- Covered Outdoor
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Bar Services
- Catering Services
- Clean Up
- Event Planner
- Event Rentals
- Get Ready Rooms
- Liability Insurance
- Audio Equipment
- Dance Floor