The University Club of Pasadena Reviews

The University Club of Pasadena 2
The University Club of Pasadena 3
The University Club of Pasadena 4

Jay · Married on 07/07/2018

University Club and their staff are the best. Kelli, Jonathan, and Cyrus were absolutely amazing to work with from the beginning to the end. Everything was perfect. They're also super flexible with food and bar customization. I had a handful of guests with food allergies, and we had a very specific drink list we wanted for the bar that they were happy to accommodate. I shopped around at least 20 venues in the general LA area, and I'm seriously so glad I chose this place. If you're looking to get married in Pasadena, hands down 10/10 this is the venue I recommend.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 10/20/2017

My daughter had her wedding here, at University Club Of Pasadena, in August 2018. When we walked in, we were all sold.

The venue is charming and just what my daughter and her fiancé (now husband) were looking for. It's historic and steeped in "Old Pasadena" charm. The vine-filled courtyard was perfect for the ceremony, and the fountain and lights added a lovely touch. The crisp linens, gold chivari chairs and beautiful chandeliers in the dining room added to the elegance of the evening.

Kelli, Director of Catering & Special Events, and her staff exceeded our expectations in every way. From beginning to end, Kelli helped my daughter and her fiancé plan their dream wedding. Kelli and Jonathon were so accommodating. The entire staff took wonderful care of us.

The food was amazing! We served Indian and American food and Chef & his staff did not disappoint. The presentation was gorgeous and the food was delicious! Everyone was talking about it. We also served a variety of unique & delicious appetizers before dinner.

The value is incredible. University Club Of Pasadena is an all-inclusive venue with ceremony and reception space, separate, very large rooms for bride and groom preparations and valet parking included!

If you're looking for a wedding venue, please visit University Club of Pasadena. I hope you fall in love with this place and Kelli & Staff as much as we did.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Gwen · Married on 10/13/2017

We were just married on 10/13/2017, but fell in love with the University Club a year prior. We had already placed a down payment on another venue, but immediately changed our minds once we walked in. The management team, and staff were amazing! Kelli, Cyrus, Jonathan and entire team were super professional, flexible, and more than attentive not only for the planning process, but the day of, our entire wedding party was treated like royalty! The food selections were superb, and the chef and his creations, are out of this world! Everyone at our wedding ranted and raved about the food, from the appetizers, to salad, and especially the main course. If you are planning a wedding, I would highly recommend making an appointment becomes this venue books quickly.

Sent on 10/21/2017
    The University Club of Pasadena 5
    The University Club of Pasadena 6
    The University Club of Pasadena 7
    The University Club of Pasadena 8

Tracy · Married on 07/15/2017

The space transformed well and allowed us to utilize multiple rooms including a separate one for the kids.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Kendra · Married on 02/04/2017

The University Club of Pasadena made my wedding unforgettable. It was such an affordable and beautiful wedding venue. I would recommend any couple on a tight budget to check this place out. The staff was amazing and friendly, especially Valerie who kept up communication with me through the whole process.

Sent on 02/17/2017

lauren · Married on 12/03/2016

This review is way past due! We had our wedding reception at the University Club of Pasadena on November 26, 2016. It was everything we had wished for and more! The space is beautiful, the staff was amazing from beginning to end, and the food was exceptional. We received so many compliments on everything. I wish we could do it all over again, it was perfect!

Sent on 01/13/2017
  • Lorri

Lorri · Married on 08/18/2012

I couldn't have asked for better place for the reception. The site itself gives a lovely sense of charm and character. There are separate areas for ceremony,cocktails,greeting hall and reception. The bride and groom each get their own space. The staff was very curtious and polite throughout the entire planning process til the wedding was over. They allowed any vendor I wanted and referred some very great vendors. The Event Coordinator worked with us on everything, from handling our rental needs for chairs, tables and special lighting to arranging the furniture for us the exact way we asked. The catering staff was very professional and food flowed from the kitchen very timely, not to mention how great it tasted. I will be going back for my next large event.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Krista · Married on 02/09/2008

They were a little slow in responding to my initial request for information but once I was contacted, I was very happy. This place is beautiful for your ceremony and reception! My guests loved the location. You have the entire facility to yourselves the entire night! The food is incredible, the prices are even better! Loved this place

Sent on 02/27/2008
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 06/10/2017

3.5

If I could plan it all over again, I would still go through the University Club. All of their staff are professional and friendly, the food is delicious, and the space is beautiful. We had access to the entire building for 12 hours, no need to worry about sharing space with other special events. Their staff gave us ideas when we were having trouble deciding on layouts and decorations and were extremely patient with all of our questions. All of our guests came up to us to mention how good the food was at the end of the night.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Kitty · Married on 07/02/2016

The University Club of Pasadena is a hidden gem for weddings in Los Angeles! After looking at many venues across LA that felt like overpriced wedding factories, we were excited to find a place that felt unique and inviting. It's a beautiful venue that offers flexibility and is budget friendly. The Club looks nice in photos, but in person you'll be blown away by it's historic charm. It's located in Old Town Pasadena, near City Hall which we used a location for wedding photos. This place checked all the boxes for what we wanted from our wedding. We wanted 1 location for the ceremony and reception, which the club delivered. We had an outdoor ceremony on the covered patio with the fountain because we married in July. The reception space is large; we seated 140 guest comfortably plus a large dance floor. A plus when we contracted in January 2015 was no difference in price for booking a Saturday versus a Friday or Sunday like most other venues. I don't recall a minimum charge being required when we booked, or if there was it was relatively low that we didn't notice. They host 1 event per day, no worries about sharing your space which includes a ceremony site, reception hall, brides room, and grooms room. There are other rooms to explore and use for photo opps or childcare (which we did and our guest loved). Also included was valet for all guest and the choice of Chiavari chairs, at no extra cost! This place seemed too good to be true. The food was AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS made by their in-house Chef Ali, who is very talented and guest raved about how great dinner tasted. Staff responds to emails and calls promptly and servers working our wedding were all very polite and nice. They were flexible with our needs and request which was so helpful with planning. There is a Westin hotel across the street where we and our guest stayed, you can walk across the street if you don't want to drive. The University Club of Pasadena is top notch, and we are so happy we got married here.

Sent on 07/26/2016

4.2
      3.0

Overall, this was a great place for our wedding! It sometimes took two or three emails to get a response, and we had to correct some errors and remind the staff of things we'd requested. However, everything came together on our wedding day, everything went smoothly, and we got so many compliments! Food was DELICIOUS!

Sent on 05/10/2016

The University Club of Pasadena's reply:

Hello,

We are happy to hear that on your special day everything came together like you planned. We hope to continue to be your venue of choice and wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Best,
    University Club of Pasadena

Alejandra · Married on 11/04/2006

4.2
      3.5

When I walked into the University Club of Pasadena, I knew that I wanted to have the reception there. The location is beautiful and it was private. We had the whole club to ourselves. It looks a lot more expensive than what it was. The staff and manager were extremely helpful and egard to please. The food was delicious!!!! Everyone only has beautiful things to say about the club. Next to a destination wedding, I would not have done it anywhere else.

Sent on 06/17/2008