Silver Screen Events Reviews

33 | Arlington Heights, IL

33 Reviews for Silver Screen Events

Brianna · Married on 01/12/2019

Outstanding!!

Silver Screen Events team was very attentive, timely, and AMAZING! They have great packages (photobooth, videographerphy, photography, and Dj) that met every need to entertain our guests. They made sure that every photo was perfect and our guests could not stop talking about our Dj. To simply put it, it was a perfect night and we can’t thank Silver Screen Events for making our big day we will never forget.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Erica · Married on 03/17/2018

My fiance' and I used DJ Nelson from Dave's company for our Engagement Party last year. We received several compliments throughout the night about how DJ Nelson kept the party entertaining! My fiance' and I had such a good time that we will be using Silver Screen Events again for our upcoming wedding for DJ and photobooth services. Dave (the owner) has ALWAYS been 100% upfront about costs and packages. He goes above and beyond to explain everything thoroughly. Dave makes you feel at ease during the entire process by giving you suggestions on song selection if you are uncertain, and responding to e-mails and phone calls in a promptly manner. I would HIGHLY recommend using Silver Screen Events for your upcoming wedding or event!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Dawn · Married on 01/06/2018

I never write reviews but I just wanted to share my experience since Silver Screen Events did such a wonder job. Sergi & Evan our 2 photographers were everything we were were hoping for and more! We have already gotten so many compliments on the photos. Sergi was so nice and easy to work with, gave good instructions during the photos at the church and Evan took amazing portraits at our reception. With having 2 photographers we got back pictures we had no idea they were even taking of our family and guests and the photos look incredible. Dave, the owner was awesome to work with and was very customer focused. He recommended we use 2 photographers so we got back almost 1400 images and had such a great experience; I cannot wait to start working on our album. I would recommend this company and these photographers to anyone! What a wonderful memory!!!!!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Holly · Married on 07/09/2016

Finding a Dj can be the most frustrating part of the wedding process because it seems like everyone provides the same services at roughly the same price. We "clicked" with Silver Screen right from the start! their package was the best plus they gave us free upgrades. The quality of the service was unbeatable! Plus, we ordered HOT MINI DOUGHNUTS which were insanely amazing! We felt so comfortable with our DJ, Barry and played everything we wanted and didnt want. He know how to read the crown and our dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT LONG, even with people who never get out and dance! Barry was funny and personable and even worked with out Vocalist for the wedding ceremony so we wouldn't have to worry about all the "little" details surrounding that. Hiring Silver Screen events made my life (as a bride) easy. I am so thankful that we went with this company over others. We looked at about 15 services and though some had a slightly lower price, we felt as thought we werent important to them and we almost felt "bullied" by the other companies. With Silver Screem Events, we felt welcomed, important, confident of their service, and felt taken care of. The music was wonderful and had a little something for everyone! Our D.J. Barry even did special research to find a traditional Czech polka for my 94 year old grandma to dance to! You should be able to enjoy your wedding and know that your D.J. will coordinate your wedding day with your vendor without any problems to help make it most memorable for you, that is what Silver Screen Events did for us!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Stephanie · Married on 02/13/2016

We used Silver Screen Events and purchased the Ultimate Wedding Package...This is where you get photo/video/dj/photo booth services all in one big deal. Their staff was incredible and you could see they were all used to working together. Sergi & Sam were our two photographers and the images they captured have made my mother and I have tears of joy a few times. Joe our videographer and Nate our DJ also helped give my husband an I the wedding of our dreams. I dont remember the photo booth techs name but they were a lot of fun and it was a blast to be able to fit no many people in one shot. It was nice to have everything under one roof so to speak and not have to worry about companies working well together or even showing up! Plus, my husband loved the fact that we got everything under budget. Less than $5000 for the entire deal. If your a bride looking for great value, professionalism and price I highly recommend Silver Screen Events and David the owner. Now, I can't wait to start working on our wedding album. - Thanks again from a very happy bride & groom!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Shelly · Married on 09/05/2015

I just wanted to thank David and his staff at Silver Screen Events for doing such a great job on our wedding! We booked them for photography & video services and their staff did an amazing job! We almost didn't get the video but I am so glad now, as we have watched it a ton of times :) The 2 photographers, Sergi & Stephanie were so nice an professional we can not say enough good things about them. - Thanks again to everyone who helped make our dream a reality!

Sent on 10/06/2015

My husband and I hired Silver Screen events to provide cinnamon apple donuts at our wedding. The vendors showed up on time, were very friendly, and the donuts were delicious - they made the perfect sweet ending to our night.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2014

I am so glad that we used Silver Screen Events for most of the major stuff for our wedding.
    We got married in December and just got our pictures & video back and we could not be
    happier! We booked their ultimate package and it included 2- photographers, 2 video people,
    photo booth & dj. Dan was our main shooter and he was like another Dad to me. He took
    his time and went above and beyond and trust me I know I was pretty stressed. Ha, ha..
    Heather was our other photographer and like Dan captured so many photos between them over 1500
    to be exact and we just love them. I am so glad we decided to get video because now looking
    back at it, they shot things that even we missed because we were so busy with our guest. And
    Juan our DJ and the photo booth just rocked all night long!!! - Thanks again for giving us a
    great night and cant wait to start working on our album.

Sent on 01/19/2015

We got married on Dec. 13 just want to thank Silver Screen Events for providing
    such a great time for our reception! We booked their DJ & Photo Booth services
    and could not of been happier! Mike our DJ kept everyone dancing, including our parents..lol
    And the Photo Booth techs were a lot of fun and our guests were surprised
    on how many people the booth could hold! - We highly recommend them
    to anyone looking to have a great time!

Sent on 01/25/2015

We got married last November and I finally got around to finishing up our album with Kelly the designer from Silver Screen Events and could not be happier!!! Together she helped walk us thru each step and with her design skills gave us an album beyond what we had anticipated. I showed it to all my family & friends last weekend as we were excited as to how it came out. We got back over 1500 photos from Dan & Heather and they were so professional in capturing our entire day. Plus, at first we were not going to get video but now I am glad we did as there was so much of our day that we never even saw until we watched the video. It was one of the best things we could of done and so glad we changed our minds on getting video of our day! - Thanks again to Silver Screen Events entire staff for giving us all those great memories!

Sent on 03/30/2015
  • Oralia

Oralia · Married on 05/16/2014

4 different services under one company...yes please! This was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding process. All four services - Photographer, Videographer, DJ, and Photobooth - definitely exceeded our expectations. Our photographers Serge and Dan were so nice and were very creative! Our videographer, Garland, was so sweet when we spoke to him on the phone prior to the wedding and he did an awesome job at the reception. Our DJ, Barry, was outstanding!! He kept the party going - the only time I stepped off the dance floor was when I had to go to bathroom; everybody thought he was great! The photobooth was super fun - even the owner came to help out which we thought was really cool. Overall, we spent good money on this company and I'm glad we did - my husband and I had the best time and were really happy with our decision to hire Silver Screen Events.

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • Z

Zack · Married on 04/12/2014

We booked Silver Screen Events Ultimate wedding package, which meant they did our photography/video/dj/photo booth. I will admit I was a little skeptical about going with one company for our entire wedding but my wife and I did like the fact that every service came with 2 - people. That night, the reception rocked as Nate our DJ kept the dance floor packed and even dealt with some crazy requests..lol The 2 guys working the photo booth ever very energetic and my guests had a blast. I waited to write the review until we got the pictures & video back and we could not be happier! My wife and her mother have laughed & cried (in a good way) numerous times and they have relived our wedding to many times to count... lol Their entire staff worked liked a well oiled machine. Heather was our main photographer and Garland ( I think that was his name) was the main videographer and I was surprised to see the video as I didnt even remember him shooting most of what I saw...lol All I can say is that if your looking for an awesome deal & quality - check out Silver Screen Events as my wife and I are extremely happy!!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Very happy with Silver Screen Events. Dan our photographer for our wedding, was excellent! The pictures were better than we could of imagined.
    As for the DJ, Randall kept the dance floor rocking all night long. Thanks again for giving us a great wedding and reception.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Shasta · Married on 12/07/2013

This place is great! We chose their Ultimate Wedding Package which included-photo,video, DJ & a huge photo booth. My husband liked the fact that it was a one stop shop and that we only had to deal with one vendor. We got two photographers in the package and Gary and Joe were both awesome! Not only did they take great pictures but their personalities put me at ease and made me relaxed. My mother loves the video and can't believe how much of the night she missed once she saw the final edit. I think she has watched it three times now, ha,ha. Nate our DJ kept the party going all night long and I don't remember the photo booth techs but they had a ton of props. All I can say is that we can't be more thankful for the great time , great pics and video that we had with Silver Screens!

Sent on 02/12/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2013

My new husband and I greatly appreciate the kindness and flexibility of this company. It was a week until our wedding and we still did not have a photographer. I had other photographers laugh at me on the phone when I called to see if they were available. After a very frustrating day on the phone calling photographers I was near tears when I called Silver Screen Events. Dave was very understanding on the phone and was able to fit us in for a consultation. Money was an issue for us and Dave worked with us so that we were able to get a good deal that fit into our budget. Our photos are beautiful, Serge is a gifted photographer. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend and would use them again in the future.

Sent on 08/30/2013

We loved how many props our guests could pick from! Everyone loved it!!

Sent on 01/12/2013

Leticia · Married on 06/16/2012

Excellent DJ! Michael was very helpful & knowledgeable. We don't know what we would have done with out him. He kept us both calm & collected when "situations" would arise. Thank you so much!!

Letty & Tani

Sent on 06/27/2012

Sheryl · Married on 04/21/2012

My husband and I used SilverScreenEvents for our photography, videography, dj, photo booth, and up lighting for our wedding. We could not have been happier with the outcome. Everyone there and David the owner, is such a pleasure to work with, and very accomodating. We used Lee as our main photographer, and he was amazing, very creative, and our pictures came out beautifully. Sergi was our 2nd photographer who came in later in the day, and also amazing. He had great ideas also, and the pictures came out wonderfully. Don was our videographer, and he was a pleasure to work with. He spoke with us on what we wanted on our video and it turned out fantastic. Barry was our Dj, and I can't say enough great things about him. He was very accomodating, in that we had special requests for polish music, and our first dance song was quite unusual, and he was able to find everything with no problem, and he had everyone up and dancing all night. David and Mike D were working the photo booth, which was one of the best ideas. David suppied so many props and soo many of our guests had a blast using the photo booth, and had fun with Mike and David. Overall, we were soo pleased to have used SilverScreenEvents for all our needs. It was great knowing that everyone has worked together before, and there was no need to worry. The price was fantastic for everything we used them for, and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for either all their needs, or even just one or two needs.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Blank · Married on 08/28/2011

Silver Screen Events was absolutely the best decision we made out of all our wedding vendors! Everything that involved them went smoothly, and we were thrilled with the results. Our main photographer (Serge) and videographer (Don), were very professional and reliable. They were very enthusiastic about their job and very positive throughout the day - a very helpful quality in the midst of wedding day craziness.
    We just received our photos and video in the mail last night (3 weeks after our wedding!!!!!!) and we loved everything we saw. There was so much variety (almost 2000 pictures), and we saw things that we didn't even get a chance to notice at the actual wedding. Serge was able to capture every moment in such beautiful and glamorous ways!
    Watching the video was like getting to relieve the entire day over and actually notice every aspect. The video was edited very professionally. There were a variety of angles, interesting transitions, background music, and more - it was truly an experience.
    Thank you to Silver Screen - Dave, Serge, Don, and Mikhail for doing such an amazing job and for capturing our special day so perfectly! We will definitely recommend them to all our friends and family!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Nina · Married on 07/23/2011

SilverScreen was phenomenal!!! I can't even explain how awesome our videographers and photographers were!!! We also rented the photo booth from them, which was great and sooo much fun! I was 100% satisfied with them!!

Sent on 08/01/2011

Charles · Married on 05/01/2010

The entire staff was extremely helpful, very courteous, very attentive, and they also kept it light with humor. It was very encouraging to us knowing that our memories were being captured in a very professional manner.

Sent on 05/14/2010

Kevin · Married on 04/17/2010

Barry was incredible. I have recommended both Silver Screen Events and Barry to others and will continue to do so. Barry represented your company exceptionally. We were impressed by his professionalism and his ability to put music which reflected our suggestions. I do not believe the dance floor was empty the moment the music started, which speaks volume of Barry's ability. Barry's part in our wedding celebration helped to make the entire day memorable! Thank you.

Sent on 05/02/2010

Michelle · Married on 07/25/2009

My husband and I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! We just picked up our album a few weeks ago and I can't put it down! The detail and quality is amazing! Both of the photographers were really great and had wonderful ideas. The staff is very helpful and courtious. Our wedding video is so beautiful. Our whole family was in tears! I have recommended Silver Screens to every one I know who is getting married:)

Sent on 02/24/2010

Jackie · Married on 10/29/2011

Although my now husband and I were engaged for 3 years, we had finally decided on a wedding date 6 weeks out! To me, photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, so we had searched frantically for wedding photographers online and met with a few companies. None of them seemed to be a good fit. I happened to come across Silver Screen Events online after searching for photographers near our wedding venue (Arlington Park Racecourse in Arlington Heights) and everything fell into place from there!

I called them late on a weeknight and the owner (David) was very helpful and willing to work with us with such short notice. We viewed the photographers albums on their website, selected a few that had the style we were looking for, and then scheduled an appt. to get things rolling that weekend.

We didn't plan to get a video since we thought it would be too expensive. Their package was so affordable that we were able to get that service too and I'm so happy we did! It's amazing to be able to experience our vows again and again and see everyone dancing and having a great time!

Serge was our main photographer. Not only did he capture some really great pics the day of our wedding, we had asked him to come back out the following weekend to capture some pics that we didn't get to take because I was running very late the day of our wedding. He went above and beyond, took extra time to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. We showed him some pics that we really liked from other weddings we'd seen and he was able to help us capture those for ourselves. Very friendly and open to the shots you want to capture. Be sure to make a list ahead of time and let your photographer know exactly what you want and any special pics you need with family members. Both of my photographers were friendly and helpful and I'd definitely use them again.

Don was our videopgrapher and was super helpful! Our wedding was in October and there was a big chance of rain for our outdoor ceremony. After talking with him on the phone about the rain plan, he wanted to ensure that everything would work out properly as far as the video was concerned. So he made a special trip to our venue the week before to look at the indoor and outdoor spaces in person so he could plan accordingly for the equipment and set-up needs.

Overall, I was very happy with the photographs and video and I highly recommend Silver Screen Events! Definitely a great value for 2 photographers, 2 videographers, multiple locations and rights to the digital negatives to print your own pics.

Sent on 03/26/2012
  • O

Jennifer · Married on 11/13/2010

We absolutely loved Silver Screen for our wedding. It was so convenient and great to go to one appointment and set up three of the major vendors for our wedding (men surely appreciate this). Once we were assigned our photographers, dj, and videographer, they contacted us months in advance. I was able to get in touch with my vendors any time and they were prompt in returning my phone calls. On the day of, everyone was on time and a pleasure to work with. We could not have been happier or gotten more for our money.

Sent on 12/06/2010