Sara Kate Events Reviews

38 | Oceanside, NY

38 Reviews for Sara Kate Events

38 Sara Kate Events Reviews

Donna · Married on 10/28/2017

I hosted my wedding on 10/28/17 at The Glasshouses in NYC. I hired Katie and her team as our Day of Coordinator because I needed to make sure I was stress free and didn't worry on my actual wedding day! We hired a number of vendors and needed the reassurance that everything would run smoothly. Hiring Sara Kate Events was by far the best decision. She made sure to check in with all the vendors, helped us with our ceremony run through and made adjustments when necessary during the reception. Katie was so kind and wonderful. I completely trusted her and she went above and beyond. You can tell she has many years of experience and a great eye for detail. She knew the layout of the venue well which was a plus. Hiring her was worth every penny, best decision we made.

Michelle · Married on 07/29/2016

I had the pleasure of working and spending the day with Katie and her team at a wedding this past summer and they were phenomenal! Not only is she the sweetest person EVER but she gets it done! And with a smile on her face. She not only did the florals and decor for the wedding but she also handled day of coordination, and she did an impeccable job at both. The day was fun, smooth and flawless with her at the helm!

Morgan · Married on 07/29/2016

Probably the best decision I made for our wedding, aside from saying “yes” my groom, was hiring Katie Berger as our florist and day-of-coordinator. Katie feels like a long-lost friend of the most genuine and just-plain-nice variety; she takes the time to get to know you and all that you hope your wedding day to be. Believe me, you won’t know how much you need Katie until after the wedding – so take it from me: hire her now. No joke, she is a game changer in the wedding industry (and lets be honest – the world). For me, I wanted someone that could wear multiple hats (i.e. flowers, décor, and coordination) so as alleviate as much pressure from us (and my parents) on the day. Katie, and her assistant Mary Kate, did just that – and then some. Katie and Mary Kate ensured that our day ran smoothly from start to finish while keeping things both calm and fun! We will never be able to thank them enough, but I hope that a review like this will keep well-deserved business coming their way for a long, long time.

We hired Sara Kate Events for our wedding for full planning and they were fantastic! Katie Berger was our contact throughout the entire planning process and was extremely responsive and helpful with everything from finding the venue, Central Park Boathouse, to the photographers, band, videographer, cake, florist (one of the required ones by the Boathouse), photobooth, and other vendors. I honestly don't know how I would have been able to plan everything without her. She was on top of everything including the overall planning timeline, she let me know when we needed to hire the vendors by, she helped with out budget and keeping me on track, also, she helped us negotiate the contract with the Boathouse and reviewed all contracts with our other vendors. Katie was extremely organized and always available for my seemingly never ending questions through email, calling, and texts. On the day of Katie and Marykate, her assistant, were wonderful. They were on top of everything and made sure that I was on time for everything. I highly recommend both Katie and Sara Kate Events to anyone who is super busy and doesn't have time to plan their wedding but wants it to be perfect. They were a dream to work with.

We used Sara Kate Events for a day-of-wedding coordinator and had a fantastic experience. Terri and her assistant Jillian worked with us and did an excellent job - they are both very personable and organized, and made sure that our event ran very smoothly. Prior to the event, we spoke with Katie Berger (head of the company) several times and she was extremely organized and personable as well. Everyone answered our questions promptly and put our mind at ease. It was an invaluable part of our wedding planning and we highly recommend Sara Kate Events to anyone looking for experienced and professional wedding coordinators!

We used Sara Kate Events for our day-of wedding coordination and planning support - they were absolutely fabulous. Katie's experience and industry network were an invaluable resource to me. She recommended fantastic vendors, including transportation, hair and makeup, and provided great suggestions to help make our wedding flow beautifully and feel like us. In the lead up, Katie was always willing to make time to talk through logistics, ceremony flow, and answer any questions I had. She made me feel at ease - and we know brides can feel overwhelmed when planning their special day so this was huge for me. On the wedding day Mary Kate and the team were phenomenal. I was very involved with the planning of my day, but they took over and I just enjoyed everything. They anticipated needs before I did, and worked so well with all our vendors. Their services are a great value and totally worth it to help any couple make their day a beautiful memory. I would highly recommend them.

jaclyn · Married on 10/24/2014

Katie and MaryKate were beyond fabulous!! Where do I begin?! I don't even want to say vendor, because Katie and MaryKate were more like friends! They are awesome women, who do a phenomenal job!!!

From the first phone call to the end of the reception, Katie was incredible. She is so down to earth and relatable, while making sure all your concerns are taken care of. Beyond being an amazing wedding planner, she is just a nice and caring person. You can really tell Katie and MaryKate genuinely love their jobs!

Katie was on top of everything! She had me fill out a questionnaire so that she knew every aspect of what I wanted. She also had a timeline that we kept to so perfectly!! If it wasn't for her telling me that I needed to get dressed, I would have probably been very late!!

If there were ever issues that came up unexpectedly, Katie and MaryKate were on top of it!

Katie and MaryKate's attention to detail is exactly what you would want on the biggest day of your life!! They were so laid back and was able to calm me down when the nerves were getting to me! Like right before the doors opened and I started doing some heavy panicked breathing, Katie, as she was fixing my blusher whispered to me: "you are fine"....it really helped!!!

If you are thinking of having a Day of Coordinator, pick Katie and MaryKate!! This is your day and you should not have to stress about anything! Katie and MaryKate do just that!! It was the best day of my life, and it would not have been without them (and

Nicole · Married on 04/12/2014

Katie was our day-of coordinator. She took care of logistics so I could focus on getting ready and enjoying my family and friends on the morning of the wedding. During the guests\' arrival and ceremony, she made sure everything we wanted to happen happened on schedule. Then, during cocktail hour, my stepfather-in-law turned grey, collapsed and became unresponsive. Katie brought the EMTs up from the street so my family and I could stay with him, gave reports on how he was doing while they helped him on another floor (he was fine, in the end) and worked with our DJ to redo the night\'s schedule on the fly. Once we knew he was going to be okay, she helped us figure out how to fit in our first dance, dinner, etc. in the time we had left with as little stress as was possible under the circumstances. I hope no one else has a medical emergency like that at their wedding, but the fact that all of us--stepfather-in-law included--managed to still have a beautiful night would have been really difficult if it weren\'t for Katie\'s cool head and organizational skills!

Katie was our day-of coordinator. She took care of logistics so I could focus on getting ready and enjoying my family and friends on the morning of the wedding. During the guests' arrival and ceremony, she made sure everything we wanted to happen happened on schedule. Then, during cocktail hour, my stepfather-in-law turned grey, collapsed and became unresponsive. Katie brought the EMTs up from the street so my family and I could stay with him, gave reports on how he was doing while they helped him on another floor (he was fine, in the end) and worked with our DJ to redo the night's schedule on the fly. Once we knew he was going to be okay, she helped us figure out how to fit in our first dance, dinner, etc. in the time we had left with as little stress as was possible under the circumstances. I hope no one else has a medical emergency like that at their wedding, but the fact that all of us--stepfather-in-law included--managed to still have a beautiful night would have been really difficult if it weren't for Katie's cool head and organizational skills!

Katie was fantastic. I hired her to be my DOC. It was one of the best decisions I made even though my venue told me that I didn't need to hire a coordinator. She was there to help me at the walk through of the venue, definitely nice having an advocate. When my makeup artist backed out three days before my wedding, she was there to answer my frantic phone calls and worked with my makeup artist to come up with an alternate who was fantastic. On the day of, Katie and Mary Kate were beyond helpful, I didn't have to stress about anything and neither did my bridal party or my parents. The best man's button popped off his coat and they were there to sew it back on, same goes for a pant leg hem that needed to be repaired (Mary Kate sat on the floor of the bridal suite and handled it with ease). I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. Worth every penny!

Melissa · Married on 01/03/2014

I was so excited to write this review for Katie & Marykate!! I honestly do NOT know what I would have done without them on our wedding day...they are AMAZING and I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride who wants their wedding to be stress free & go smoothly. These two all stars are absolute pros at what they do and seriously the sweetest most patient organized ladies! Everyone in our bridal party including my mother in law and mother were so impressed by how much we needed them and how amazing they were. We got married in a blizzard and had NO issues at all, I attribute so much of my calmness during the wedding to having Katie there. If you are not sure you will need a planner or not, let me tell you it was the best decision we made in our wedding process. And we are so happy we hired Katie because she was absolutely amazing!

When people tell me that my wedding was beautiful, elegant, fun and unique, a huge portion of the credit goes to Katie Berger at SaraKate Events. I never thought of myself as the kind of person to hire a wedding planner, but having done so I can say (1) Save your sanity and do it; and (2) Do yourself an even bigger favor and hire Katie Berger.

Katie has three children under the age of 5 and she's a former kindergarten teacher, so she knows how to keep things under control while maintaining a sense of humor. She is highly organized, warm, personable, and 100% committed to making your wedding special and unique. Everyone in the wedding party remarked on a what a great team I had helping us out (and believe me, it was not always easy wrangling us!). Katie had lots of great creative ideas and tons of vendor contacts. Her assistant Mary Kate, who was on-site on the day of my wedding, was also tremendously helpful and a welcome calm presence. I truly felt that they were excited and happy for me, and glad to be there making it all happen. The level and quality of service that Katie provided was absolutely worth the very reasonable fee she charged. I really cannot recommend her highly enough. I have no complaints, and as a New York that is saying something!

Julia · Married on 10/27/2012

Katie was my day of coordinator and she did a fabulous job. She was a pleasure to work with and made the day of my wedding stress-free. The day of my wedding, I realized I forgot to order a bout for one of our groomsmen. Katie immediately handled it and there was an extra bout waiting for us at the venue. She dealt with our photobooth when they showed up late and made sure we didn't pay for the hours they missed. She checked in with all of our vendors the week of the wedding and generally made sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Katie to anyone. She was so sweet, but she definitely means business and can handle any situation.

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2012

Katie was the DOC for my wedding in September 2012. She and her assistant, Mary Kate, surpassed all my expectations. First of all, although I hired her for day-of services, Katie actually worked with me for a full year prior to the wedding, responding promptly to my questions over email, chatting on the phone to work out planning details, etc. She has a sterling reputation among other NYC vendors: When I told my caterers that she was my DOC, they smiled and told me I was in great hands and they were happy she would be there. On the day of the wedding, Katie and Mary Kate took care of EVERYTHING--every little detail, including many I am sure I don't even know about! They coached the wedding party through the procession and made sure the processional music was timed exactly right, coordinated our photography sessions, and generally presided over the evening to ensure that everything ran flawlessly. My wedding was absolutely perfect, and their hard work played a big role in that! They are superstars, and they are both incredibly sweet to boot.

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2012

I hired Katie Berger to be my Day-of-Coordinator for my September wedding. Before the wedding occurred, I knew that hiring Katie would prove to be one of my best wedding planning decisions. Every phone call, email, question and concern was answered quickly, honestly and professionally. With all the different details that go into a wedding, I didn't want to have to think about logistics on the day of. During the week leading up to my wedding, while I was busy seeing family and friends who were visiting from out-of-town, Katie was busy confirming all the wedding details with my vendors. Being able to spend that extra time with people who traveled thousands of miles for the wedding was already worth the investment.

At the rehearsal, Katie took the lead, referring to her notes to line up the wedding party and answer questions. The morning of the wedding, I received a phone call from our limo company that the limo we had reserved had broken down the night before and would not be ready in time. I put in a quick call to Katie who remained calm and composed, and took care of everything. When it was time to leave for the church our limos were waiting right on schedule. At the venue, Katie and Mary Kate had executed my vision flawlessly, incorporating all of the personal hand-made details exactly as I had envisioned. They stayed to the very end, directing the wedding party, informing us of timing of events and gathering all of our gifts and personal belongings for an easy exit at the end of the evening.

Do yourself a favor -- Hire Katie Berger! You spend far too much time leading up to the wedding stressing over all the moving parts... hire her so you can actually enjoy the day when it arrives! With her by your side, you can feel confident that your wedding will be handled with the utmost care and attention. Thank you Katie for executing our dream wedding!

I cannot recommend Katie and her assistant Mary Kate enough! I knew from the first time I met Katie that I needed her to be by my side on wedding day. I am a worrier by nature and I wanted to know that someone (besides my mom and MOH would be able to take care of things if anything went wrong). She was so friendly, organized and thought of things that had never come to mind! We were married on a very hot day in June but Katie was able to rearrange our time schedule so that we took all of the pictures we wanted without having to stand in the heat for hours. She was a true professional from start to finish and it really let me and my husband enjoy our special day!

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2012

I used Sara Kate Events for Day of Services for my wedding in April and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I am an out of town bride who had only been to NYC one time before when I got engaged. I knew nothing about planning an event in the city. I really knew very little about the city and never made any site visits and planned as much as I could remotely. It was very overwhelming to say the least. She helped me via phone and email with everything from vendor selections to the schedule of events. Strangely this was hard for me being from the south we always have reception style weddings so sit down dinners blew my mind and I had no idea how they were supposed to flow. She made everything so simple for me. She informed me but reminded me It was my wedding and we can make it any way I would like :) There were no time limits or extra charges for her time before and expert advice. She made herself available 24/7 for anything. I needed that.

I had a destination wedding with a group of all out of towners from New Orleans (not the easiest group to deal with). Katie and Mary Kate were INCREDIBLE!! They both kept me very calm (what I really needed) and didn't allow me to worry about a thing. The thing that meant the most to me was how attentive to my mother they were. My mom has parkinsons and has difficulty walking and was very nervous. They helped pin her dress and tell her how beautiful she looked when she needed it, and made sure she was comfortable at all times. Along with all that they kept my day running smoothly and the enitre group happy. They managed all our day of transportation, passed out welcome bags to multiple hotels which I was very worried about. I cannot sing their praises enough and tell you how thankful I was to find them. They were there for me from the moment I arrived till the moment we were all headed off. They not only knew my needs but anticipated them. Just can't say enough wonderful things!!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/21/2012

Hiring Katie as Day-of-Coordinator was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning! We were able to completely trust her experience and discretion, and this allowed us to completely relax and enjoy our wedding day. Katie was always accessible during the planning process. Whenever I emailed her with a question, she always got back to me quickly. During the wedding Katie and her assistant Mary Kate were very hands on - they seemed to be everywhere at once and yet were so discreet! We just enjoyed ourselves and once in a while one of them would pop over every once in a while to ask a question or remind me of the schedule. Some of the specific things they did to make the day a success: - We had a small snafu with our transportation company (only one of our two buses showed up to take guests from the ceremony to the reception) and Katie and Mary Kate just took control, figured it out and got the second bus there quickly while the wedding party went off to take photos. They did it so calmly and efficiently, I never even realized there was a problem. - One of my cousins wanted to make an unplanned 'announcement' at the reception about his wedding gift (well-intended, but not appropriate). Katie got wind of this and discreetly brought it to our attention. She was very diplomatic with my cousin and arranged for him to 'present' his gift to us briefly and privately rather than in front of all of our guests. - Our wedding was in a raw space, so everything needed to be brought in that morning and removed that evening. I had a whole bunch of decor items that required setup. Katie and Mary Kate took charge of unpacking, setup, and breakdown and everything looked fantastic. We were so glad we got Katie involved when we did! It allowed us to enjoy our wedding day all the more rather than worrying about logistics!

Katie did a superior job! 5 stars just aren't enough. Choosing her was one of the easiest vendor decisions. I had emailed a few DOCs when I started looking for help and she got back to me faster than the others. She clearly understood and perfectly executed my vision for the day. As an added bonus she worked with our DJ (DJ Gaza) regularly so they had the flow of the reception covered. Katie had an assistant the day of and they set up all of the little detail things beautifully. They also handled all of the issues that came up with other vendors so that I could enjoy the day. I don't know how she did it but she was able to anticipate my needs and was right there when I needed anything. I was particular about a few things and she made sure they were exactly the way I wanted. They made everything look wonderful. Katie also ran the rehearsal and was there to tell us where to go and what to do from ceremony to finish. I didn't have to think or stress about anything all night. If you are thinking of hiring a Day of Coordinator, I recommend it. If you can, you should hire Katie. She's a gem! My only regret is that I didn't hire her sooner in the process.

We hired Katie as our DOC after reading several glowing reviews and we were FAR from disappointed. We worked with Katie and Mary Kate and both were the epitome of professionalism. Katie took over the responsibility of contacting all the vendors leading up to the wedding, so we were stress free for that week, and she was point person on the day of. She took charge of everything and did so with a smile and kindness. Any problem that popped up was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I was truly able to relax and enjoy my wedding thanks to Sara Kate Events. I can not thank them enough! I should also mention that the other vendors, from my hair stylist to venue coordinators, had nothing but great things to say as well.

Hiring Katie was by far the most crucial and valuable wedding investment I made! When you devote so much time, money and energy into planning a wedding, you really want to feel confident that the vendors your choose will help make your dream wedding a reality. Katie did just that ~ with perfection! I planned my wedding day on my own but started to stress out when I realized I couldn't be both the bride and the wedding planner on my big day. In need of a day-of-coordinator, I started searching the web and came across a rave review of Katie from one of her previous brides. This particular brides review addressed all of my same concerns and I knew right then Katie was the one for the job. Katie is truly a wedding planning pro - no need for micro management here! She absolutely did not miss a beat on my big day. Every detail was perfect (and believe me, there were MANY details)...and issues (if any) were quickly resolved. I was able to fully put my trust in her to execute my ridiculous powerpoint of who, what, when, where details and she did so flawlessly. Hiring Katie allowed me to enjoy my wedding day to the fullest, completely care-free. I truly don't know what I would have done without her. If you're looking for the cream of the crop when it comes to wedding planners, Katie is your girl. She is professional, reliable and super sweet to boot!

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2011

Katie is not only a unbelievable wedding coordinator, she is an incredibly warm and caring person and she pours her entire self into her bride's big day. Choosing Katie as my Day of Coordinator was an easy decision, and it proved to be one of the best decisions I made in planning my wedding.

Katie was part "Day of Coordinator" and part "Transportation Director". Since our church was in an urban area with NO parking lot or street parking, Katie took on the task of organizing shuttles (for about 180 people) from our reception venue to the church, and then from the church back to the venue. In addition, she arranged the limos for me and the bridal party, the groom and his groomsmen, and various family members on both sides. It was an overwhelming task for me to even think of putting together, and she was able to quell my anxiety with her obvious organizational abilities and her connection to vendors who were extremely reliable. Everything went off without a hitch, and if something had gone awry, I am confident that Katie would have handled it and I would have never known about it!

Besides the obvious tasks that Katie performed seamlessly leading up to and during the wedding, she also took on other unexpected roles without a moment's hesitation. During cocktail hour, she removed chocolate ice cream from the train of my dress after my pictures in a local park, she arranged the cut flowers around my cupcake display before dessert, and she offered me comfort during a very difficult moment a few days before the wedding. She is professional, knowledgeable, organized, and always prepared! I enjoyed every moment of my day and I was completely worry free from beginning to end. She is the best!

Laura · Married on 06/04/2011

We used Katie as of Day of Coordinator and it was probably one of the best decisions we ever made for our wedding. Even my father who thought it might not be necessary said after the fact that it was such an amazing help on our wedding day. Katie was always available through email or phone and came twice out before our wedding. Once to meet me at the venue and go through all the small details (favors, wedding card box, escort cards, etc.) and the next day she came to the rehearsal to meet everyone. She took copious notes about who everyone was, who went where and when everything should begin. On the day of the wedding I never had to worry about a thing. She set up all the small details exactly as we had described and was always available if I needed her. At the end of the wedding she helped my family pack up everything. I’ve been in other weddings where the bridal party gets tasked with these things and having Katie and MaryKate there for my wedding made sure that none of my guests had to worry about a “to do list”. They made sure that everything got checked off! It really was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.

Katie Berger did a fabulous job coordinating our wedding day! She was friendly, cheerful and on top of everything. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her!

Allie · Married on 04/17/2010

Without any reservation, Katie was absolutely fantastic! I didn't need to worry about a thing, and she went totally above and beyond. All I did was enjoy the day and knew I was in good hands. I know (third-hand from after the wedding, because I didn't realize that day at all) that a few potential issues did come up and she handled them with complete grace. She was there when I needed her to be all day/eve, incredibly sweet and thoughtful.... Everyone from both sides of the family adored her. She was also awesome with the vendors. Everything was handled without a hitch, and she made sure every detail was triple-confirmed.