38 Reviews for Sara Kate Events

Day-Of Coord. (4)
Full Planning (1)

I hosted my wedding on 10/28/17 at The Glasshouses in NYC. I hired Katie and her team as our Day of Coordinator because I needed to make sure I was stress free and didn't worry on my actual wedding day! We hired a number of vendors and needed the reassurance that everything would run smoothly. Hiring Sara Kate Events was by far the best decision. She made sure to check in with all the vendors, helped us with our ceremony run through and made adjustments when necessary during the reception. Katie was so kind and wonderful. I completely trusted her and she went above and beyond. You can tell she has many years of experience and a great eye for detail. She knew the layout of the venue well which was a plus. Hiring her was worth every penny, best decision we made.

Profile Picture Donna, 10/28/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had the pleasure of working and spending the day with Katie and her team at a wedding this past summer and they were phenomenal! Not only is she the sweetest person EVER but she gets it done! And with a smile on her face. She not only did the florals and decor for the wedding but she also handled day of coordination, and she did an impeccable job at both. The day was fun, smooth and flawless with her at the helm!

Profile Picture User7250357, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Probably the best decision I made for our wedding, aside from saying “yes” my groom, was hiring Katie Berger as our florist and day-of-coordinator. Katie feels like a long-lost friend of the most genuine and just-plain-nice variety; she takes the time to get to know you and all that you hope your wedding day to be. Believe me, you won’t know how much you need Katie until after the wedding – so take it from me: hire her now. No joke, she is a game changer in the wedding industry (and lets be honest – the world). For me, I wanted someone that could wear multiple hats (i.e. flowers, décor, and coordination) so as alleviate as much pressure from us (and my parents) on the day. Katie, and her assistant Mary Kate, did just that – and then some. Katie and Mary Kate ensured that our day ran smoothly from start to finish while keeping things both calm and fun! We will never be able to thank them enough, but I hope that a review like this will keep well-deserved business coming their way for a long, long time.

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
4.7

I had Terri Loiacono and her assistant Jill as my day-of coordinators for my wedding in May 2016. Let me tell you, Terri is phenomenal!! She is a pro, truly. She totally put me at ease and handled all the day-of logistics. My wedding was very DIY - raw space type venue that required a lot of setup, plus I had food trucks instead of a traditional caterer so there were even more vendors and logistics to manage - but Terri and Jill managed it all so I didn't think about a thing on my wedding day except getting married and spending time with my friends and family! Also, Terri is SUPER responsive over email and text which was so helpful in the weeks leading up to my email - she always had quick answers to all of the questions and thoughts I sent her way. She is very organized and will remember all the details you tell her. I spent so much time worrying about things like setup, breakdown, decor, logistics in advance of the wedding but I shouldn't have worried - with Terri in charge there is nothing to worry about. Also, Sara Kate's prices for day of coordination are so reasonable - I got price estimates from many vendors and they were the best deal. And worth the money too! If you need a day of coordinator, hire Sara Kate events and ask for Terri Loiacono!!

Profile Picture User6359704, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

I planned a wedding while outside of the country so I had tonnes of questions which Katie handled so professionally. I was always made to feel comfortable with all my decisions as Katie provided me with lots of information on alternative options. Katie managed our wedding directly and was always transparent on costs, vendors etc. We were so happy with our decision to have Katie be part of our big day she really made sure our day went smoothly. I would recommend Katie and Sara Kate events without hesitation.

Profile Picture Grainne, 12/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Sara Kate Events for our wedding for full planning and they were fantastic! Katie Berger was our contact throughout the entire planning process and was extremely responsive and helpful with everything from finding the venue, Central Park Boathouse, to the photographers, band, videographer, cake, florist (one of the required ones by the Boathouse), photobooth, and other vendors. I honestly don't know how I would have been able to plan everything without her. She was on top of everything including the overall planning timeline, she let me know when we needed to hire the vendors by, she helped with out budget and keeping me on track, also, she helped us negotiate the contract with the Boathouse and reviewed all contracts with our other vendors. Katie was extremely organized and always available for my seemingly never ending questions through email, calling, and texts. On the day of Katie and Marykate, her assistant, were wonderful. They were on top of everything and made sure that I was on time for everything. I highly recommend both Katie and Sara Kate Events to anyone who is super busy and doesn't have time to plan their wedding but wants it to be perfect. They were a dream to work with.

Profile Picture User6224634, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Sara Kate Events for a day-of-wedding coordinator and had a fantastic experience. Terri and her assistant Jillian worked with us and did an excellent job - they are both very personable and organized, and made sure that our event ran very smoothly. Prior to the event, we spoke with Katie Berger (head of the company) several times and she was extremely organized and personable as well. Everyone answered our questions promptly and put our mind at ease. It was an invaluable part of our wedding planning and we highly recommend Sara Kate Events to anyone looking for experienced and professional wedding coordinators!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
0.0

This wedding planner was a wedding nightmare experience. She was lazy, messed up our wedding contract with the venue that almost cost us thousands of dollars after she said she looked it over but clearly didn't. She was supposed to coordinate my wedding but after 6 months, had done absolutely nothing. I had to find every vendor. It was a horrible experience and I had to make an emergency decision to get a new planner after realizing I was being conned. She refused to give me the $3,500 back. I felt robbed and completely taken advantage of. She thought we had money to spare and took advantage of a bride trying to plan her wedding, which should have been a fun and enjoyable experience.

Profile Picture User6055540, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning

We used Sara Kate Events for our day-of wedding coordination and planning support - they were absolutely fabulous. Katie's experience and industry network were an invaluable resource to me. She recommended fantastic vendors, including transportation, hair and makeup, and provided great suggestions to help make our wedding flow beautifully and feel like us. In the lead up, Katie was always willing to make time to talk through logistics, ceremony flow, and answer any questions I had. She made me feel at ease - and we know brides can feel overwhelmed when planning their special day so this was huge for me. On the wedding day Mary Kate and the team were phenomenal. I was very involved with the planning of my day, but they took over and I just enjoyed everything. They anticipated needs before I did, and worked so well with all our vendors. Their services are a great value and totally worth it to help any couple make their day a beautiful memory. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User5078365, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Katie and her assistant Mary Kate for day of coordination. And we could not have made a better choice. She was super reliable, organized, and pretty much on top of every request or need that we had. She is extremely responsive to any question that we had leading up to the day. All went smoothly on the day of the wedding. It definitely put my mind at ease having these two by my side. I have to say my husband did not totally understand why we needed day of coordination, but after they showed up and took charge he understood why! I would definitely recommend her for couples seeking day of coordination. Also we had our wedding at the Boathouse in Central Park- she knows all the details and inner workings of this venue, if you are having your wedding there I would especially recommend her!

Profile Picture Anne, 11/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie and MaryKate were beyond fabulous!! Where do I begin?! I don't even want to say vendor, because Katie and MaryKate were more like friends! They are awesome women, who do a phenomenal job!!!

From the first phone call to the end of the reception, Katie was incredible. She is so down to earth and relatable, while making sure all your concerns are taken care of. Beyond being an amazing wedding planner, she is just a nice and caring person. You can really tell Katie and MaryKate genuinely love their jobs!

Katie was on top of everything! She had me fill out a questionnaire so that she knew every aspect of what I wanted. She also had a timeline that we kept to so perfectly!! If it wasn't for her telling me that I needed to get dressed, I would have probably been very late!!

If there were ever issues that came up unexpectedly, Katie and MaryKate were on top of it!

Katie and MaryKate's attention to detail is exactly what you would want on the biggest day of your life!! They were so laid back and was able to calm me down when the nerves were getting to me! Like right before the doors opened and I started doing some heavy panicked breathing, Katie, as she was fixing my blusher whispered to me: "you are fine"....it really helped!!!

If you are thinking of having a Day of Coordinator, pick Katie and MaryKate!! This is your day and you should not have to stress about anything! Katie and MaryKate do just that!! It was the best day of my life, and it would not have been without them (and

Profile Picture jaclyn, 10/24/14, 2 Reviews
4.7

We can't thank Katie enough for all her help on our wedding day. We hired Katie to be our DOC. I'd been very stressed prior to the wedding, and felt so much of my anxiety being lifted after she showed up to the hotel. She and Mary Kate kept me calm, and my fiance and I did not have to think of anything else during the ceremony or reception. I can't imagine what it would've been if they had not been there.

Profile Picture User3565963, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Katie Berger and her team - Terri and Mary Kate - for Day of Wedding coordination. They were very helpful and friendly and made our wedding weekend run so smoothly and stress-free!

Profile Picture Andrew, 7/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie was our day-of coordinator. She took care of logistics so I could focus on getting ready and enjoying my family and friends on the morning of the wedding. During the guests\' arrival and ceremony, she made sure everything we wanted to happen happened on schedule. Then, during cocktail hour, my stepfather-in-law turned grey, collapsed and became unresponsive. Katie brought the EMTs up from the street so my family and I could stay with him, gave reports on how he was doing while they helped him on another floor (he was fine, in the end) and worked with our DJ to redo the night\'s schedule on the fly. Once we knew he was going to be okay, she helped us figure out how to fit in our first dance, dinner, etc. in the time we had left with as little stress as was possible under the circumstances. I hope no one else has a medical emergency like that at their wedding, but the fact that all of us--stepfather-in-law included--managed to still have a beautiful night would have been really difficult if it weren\'t for Katie\'s cool head and organizational skills!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie was our day-of coordinator. She took care of logistics so I could focus on getting ready and enjoying my family and friends on the morning of the wedding. During the guests' arrival and ceremony, she made sure everything we wanted to happen happened on schedule. Then, during cocktail hour, my stepfather-in-law turned grey, collapsed and became unresponsive. Katie brought the EMTs up from the street so my family and I could stay with him, gave reports on how he was doing while they helped him on another floor (he was fine, in the end) and worked with our DJ to redo the night's schedule on the fly. Once we knew he was going to be okay, she helped us figure out how to fit in our first dance, dinner, etc. in the time we had left with as little stress as was possible under the circumstances. I hope no one else has a medical emergency like that at their wedding, but the fact that all of us--stepfather-in-law included--managed to still have a beautiful night would have been really difficult if it weren't for Katie's cool head and organizational skills!

Profile Picture User6509034, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

Katie was fantastic. I hired her to be my DOC. It was one of the best decisions I made even though my venue told me that I didn't need to hire a coordinator. She was there to help me at the walk through of the venue, definitely nice having an advocate. When my makeup artist backed out three days before my wedding, she was there to answer my frantic phone calls and worked with my makeup artist to come up with an alternate who was fantastic. On the day of, Katie and Mary Kate were beyond helpful, I didn't have to stress about anything and neither did my bridal party or my parents. The best man's button popped off his coat and they were there to sew it back on, same goes for a pant leg hem that needed to be repaired (Mary Kate sat on the floor of the bridal suite and handled it with ease). I honestly don't know what we would have done without them. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture User4047150, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was so excited to write this review for Katie & Marykate!! I honestly do NOT know what I would have done without them on our wedding day...they are AMAZING and I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride who wants their wedding to be stress free & go smoothly. These two all stars are absolute pros at what they do and seriously the sweetest most patient organized ladies! Everyone in our bridal party including my mother in law and mother were so impressed by how much we needed them and how amazing they were. We got married in a blizzard and had NO issues at all, I attribute so much of my calmness during the wedding to having Katie there. If you are not sure you will need a planner or not, let me tell you it was the best decision we made in our wedding process. And we are so happy we hired Katie because she was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Melissa, 1/3/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie is incredible. If you are thinking of using her, just do. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

I was organising my NYC wedding from Ireland and she was just incredible. I used her as a go between for vendors and a person on the ground on the day. And at both - she was worth every penny.

On the day she was the perfect mix of invisible and invaluable - exactly what you want for your wedding.

Profile Picture Anthony, 6/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When people tell me that my wedding was beautiful, elegant, fun and unique, a huge portion of the credit goes to Katie Berger at SaraKate Events. I never thought of myself as the kind of person to hire a wedding planner, but having done so I can say (1) Save your sanity and do it; and (2) Do yourself an even bigger favor and hire Katie Berger.

Katie has three children under the age of 5 and she's a former kindergarten teacher, so she knows how to keep things under control while maintaining a sense of humor. She is highly organized, warm, personable, and 100% committed to making your wedding special and unique. Everyone in the wedding party remarked on a what a great team I had helping us out (and believe me, it was not always easy wrangling us!). Katie had lots of great creative ideas and tons of vendor contacts. Her assistant Mary Kate, who was on-site on the day of my wedding, was also tremendously helpful and a welcome calm presence. I truly felt that they were excited and happy for me, and glad to be there making it all happen. The level and quality of service that Katie provided was absolutely worth the very reasonable fee she charged. I really cannot recommend her highly enough. I have no complaints, and as a New York that is saying something!

Profile Picture User2608745, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie was my day of coordinator and she did a fabulous job. She was a pleasure to work with and made the day of my wedding stress-free. The day of my wedding, I realized I forgot to order a bout for one of our groomsmen. Katie immediately handled it and there was an extra bout waiting for us at the venue. She dealt with our photobooth when they showed up late and made sure we didn't pay for the hours they missed. She checked in with all of our vendors the week of the wedding and generally made sure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Katie to anyone. She was so sweet, but she definitely means business and can handle any situation.

Profile Picture Julia, 10/27/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

A HUGE thank you to Katie and her assistant Mary Kate for their amazing work at our wedding. They both ensured that the day, from beginning to end, went off without a hitch! They addressed any minor concerns throughout the day, and came to us when only absolutely necessary with recommendations for how to proceed (for example, our dinner was running ahead of schedule, so they recommended that we dance between courses instead of having everyone sit for an extra 25 minutes).

They arranged and hung paper flowers over our dance floor and set up our lounge area, making the atmosphere perfect. We'd highly recommend them as day-of coordinators!

Profile Picture User1654632, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
0.0

Katie and her team (Mary Kate, Elizabeth, Trauny, etc) are incredibly incompetent, mediocre and sophomoric. Their main focus is on receiving payment. They are a classic example of vendors who are more concerned with extorting the maximum amount out of couples with no real care or concern for the success of the wedding.

We retained Katie for our wedding and she failed in every task. Her planning skills are non –existent. Her crisis management skills equally non-existent. She really failed us in the three key areas where we needed her assistance: vendor management, guest management and timeline creation and execution.
It was a mess.

We in essence really ran solo on auto pilot as her presence only created more problems not solving problems. Throughout the night, despite her being there with her full team, we could barely find her or any of her assistants when we needed them.

Even another vendor who ultimately assumed some of her duties and saved us from a total breakdown clearly made it known to us that she was incompetent.

We strongly advise every couple who wants their event properly run and organized absolutely NOT to retain Katie and/or Sara Kate events. Caveat Emptor!

Profile Picture User2715234, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Katie was the DOC for my wedding in September 2012. She and her assistant, Mary Kate, surpassed all my expectations. First of all, although I hired her for day-of services, Katie actually worked with me for a full year prior to the wedding, responding promptly to my questions over email, chatting on the phone to work out planning details, etc. She has a sterling reputation among other NYC vendors: When I told my caterers that she was my DOC, they smiled and told me I was in great hands and they were happy she would be there. On the day of the wedding, Katie and Mary Kate took care of EVERYTHING--every little detail, including many I am sure I don't even know about! They coached the wedding party through the procession and made sure the processional music was timed exactly right, coordinated our photography sessions, and generally presided over the evening to ensure that everything ran flawlessly. My wedding was absolutely perfect, and their hard work played a big role in that! They are superstars, and they are both incredibly sweet to boot.

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/29/12, 3 Reviews
4.1

I planned my entire wedding and needed a company for "day of" services to guide with proper execution. Even after reviewing every detail, things still went wrong... which is expected with weddings. My makeup artist was late, the party bus broke down and my hair flopped 3 times, but Tauny was there running her butt off to help out with every detail. She was a lifesaver and did not stop till an hour after our wedding was over. If I had a question or concern, she was on it and trust me the last thing you want to do when your busy and stressed is handle a problem yourself! The one thing I would change is, I wish I was able to meet a few coordinator choices before making my decision to hire the company. I was not able to have Katie on my day of, but did not get introduced to Tauny till one month prior. I physically met her on the wedding day. Like I said, she did a wonderful job, but it would have been nice to meet a few people or just her before hand so I could have a basis of opinion. Try before you buy, if you may.

Profile Picture User1539147, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Katie Berger to be my Day-of-Coordinator for my September wedding. Before the wedding occurred, I knew that hiring Katie would prove to be one of my best wedding planning decisions. Every phone call, email, question and concern was answered quickly, honestly and professionally. With all the different details that go into a wedding, I didn't want to have to think about logistics on the day of. During the week leading up to my wedding, while I was busy seeing family and friends who were visiting from out-of-town, Katie was busy confirming all the wedding details with my vendors. Being able to spend that extra time with people who traveled thousands of miles for the wedding was already worth the investment.

At the rehearsal, Katie took the lead, referring to her notes to line up the wedding party and answer questions. The morning of the wedding, I received a phone call from our limo company that the limo we had reserved had broken down the night before and would not be ready in time. I put in a quick call to Katie who remained calm and composed, and took care of everything. When it was time to leave for the church our limos were waiting right on schedule. At the venue, Katie and Mary Kate had executed my vision flawlessly, incorporating all of the personal hand-made details exactly as I had envisioned. They stayed to the very end, directing the wedding party, informing us of timing of events and gathering all of our gifts and personal belongings for an easy exit at the end of the evening.

Do yourself a favor -- Hire Katie Berger! You spend far too much time leading up to the wedding stressing over all the moving parts... hire her so you can actually enjoy the day when it arrives! With her by your side, you can feel confident that your wedding will be handled with the utmost care and attention. Thank you Katie for executing our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/15/12, 3 Reviews