Risa James Events Reviews

Risa James Events 5
Risa James Events 6
  • Gabriella

Gabriella Castaneda · Married on 09/28/2019

The Best Person For the Job!

Risa was a complete life saver. My husband and I were a different case since we live full time in Scotland. Risa was professional, had wonderful advice and a spectacular eye for detail. When we were planning, the wedding timeline was invaluable. She also kept me on track and made sure everything was ready for the wedding day because we only had 2 days from us landing in California to the wedding day. I sometimes struggle with making decisions, and Risa's experience and advice really helped me make decisions I was very happy with for the wedding.I don't think our day would have run as smoothly if it weren't for her. She was flexible and willing wanted to chat even if we were 8 hours ahead. She kept me, and my husband on track which helped us relax for the wedding. Seriously, there aren't enough stars for Risa! She deserves at least 100!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you SO much, Gabby! You and Ewan are just the best, and I had so much fun working with you and your mom on your wedding! I'm glad we were able to give you the beautiful Sacramento wedding you wanted. I look forward to staying in touch with you via Instagram :-)
  • Anna

Anna Lopez · Married on 08/10/2019

Risa is your go to gal!

I truly don't know what I would have done without you. I loved my wedding and it was thanks to you! Aside from all the caos you managed to make my day enjoyable and special. I was not worried about a single thing throughout the whole day and that is greatest gift on the most important day of our lives. I could not thank you enough! You are the best!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Anna! I loved working with you and Edwin and meeting all your family and friends. I know the two of you will be so happy together! Thanks for letting me be part of your special day!

Stephanie · Married on 07/28/2019

Wedding Bliss Made Possible by Risa

When I booked Risa for a day-of-coordinator for my wedding in late July I was expecting someone who just works the day of the wedding but that was not the case with Risa. I was immediately impressed by the amount of time she dedicated to make my day special months in advance. She was extremely flexible and willing to work with our schedules and needs in a kind, thoughtful, and professional manner. Risa brought things to my attention that without her I would have completely overlooked and would have made my wedding 10 times more stressful. On the actually day of the event I didn't have to worry about one single thing because Risa was there to manage everything. From decor set-up, contacting vendors, organizing guest arrival, managing our first look and so much more my day was so enjoyable because I didn't have to worry about one single thing. She even went as far as gathered up all of my belongings at the end of the night, boxed them all up, and placed them in a safe location for me to grab the next day. If anyone is on the fence about hiring Risa I would say no doubt this was the best decision I ever made while planning the wedding. I would easily recommend her to anyone and guarantee that they would not be disappointed in their choice to work with Risa. I cannot thank her enough for all the work that she did to ensure that my wedding was magical and stress-free and that was all made possible by Risa.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you SO much, Stephanie! It was such a joy to work with you and Mark over the past few months. I'm thrilled that you had a magical wedding day, and I hope the rest of your married life is just as magical!
  • Helen

Helen Berenice Maldonado · Married on 06/29/2019

Bride and groom

Excellent, meticulous and detail oriented! She's the best! Risa stays on top of everything for you if you want her to do this.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Risa James Events 7
    Risa James Events 8
    Risa James Events 9

Risa James Events's reply:

Aw, thanks so much, Helen! Love those photos too! I miss you and Bruce already :) I hope married life is treating you both well!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely wonderful!

Risa has superb attention to detail and was wonderful to work with. We clicked instantly and she made sure every part of our wedding ran smoothly. Our only regret was that we only hired her for coordination services. If it's in your budget (and even if it's not), hire her as soon as you start planning!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittany! I loved getting to know you and Marshall, and I'm happy we'll be able to stay in touch on Instagram!
  • Susie

Susie Helton · Married on 06/01/2019

Risa James Events was the best decision made in our wedding planning!

I simply cannot say enough about the value of working with Risa James Events for my daughter's recent wedding. From our initial meeting, to the months leading up to our beautiful day, Risa was always available for questions and advice and kept us on track with details of which we would have been completely unaware without her steady guidance. As the mother of the bride, my intention in hiring a coordinator was to be able to completely enjoy the day as my daughter married her one true love, and from the moment Risa arrived onsite at the venue, I was 'off duty'. I did not have to attend to another single detail other than to answer an occasional question, because the necessary groundwork and communication had been laid. Risa, you truly made the day a joy, and I'm so very grateful for your poise, professionalism and competence. Thank you!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Risa James Events 10
    Risa James Events 11

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Susie! I loved working with you, Jessi, and CC to make their wedding beautiful! I'm excited to stay in touch with all of you through the magic of Instagram!

Ann Creson · Married on 04/06/2019

Risa is a must for your special day!!!!

Risa is undoubtedly the one person you cannot be without when planning a wedding and have present on your daughter’s wedding day. She is creative, proactive, quick to solve a problem, professional, keeps everyone on a sensible timeline, helpful, honorable and just a pure delightful person. Love her work, interaction with vendors and the overall support system she brings. Our entire wedding party and family just loved her. I was extremely skeptical of hiring a wedding planner and thought I would be able to do it all on my own. Risa however, made it possible for me to enjoy it all to the fullest. She is by far the best ever!!!!
    ~Ann C.~

Sent on 04/11/2019

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Ann, for your kind words! I'm so happy everything turned out beautifully for Kaeli & Brandon, and it was a delight to work with you and your family. I wish you all the best, and I hope to be able to work with you again in the future!
  • Danica

Danica · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding - day of coordinator

Risa is amazing at what she does! From the moment we first spoke she put me at ease because she is friendly and experienced. I had no idea how many tiny details had to be hammered out before the wedding and Risa made every step organized and simple to work through. She is extremely responsive and flexible. She stepped in so many times where I was feeling swamped.

On our wedding day everything went off without a hitch! The timing, flow, and vibe of the wedding were all exactly how I wanted them. Risa does a great job of understanding what you want and helping to execute it. During the wedding she was able to anticipate and be attentive to the needs of my husband and I. She developed great relationships with our vendors and helped to create a wonderful day for us we will never forget!

I would highly recommend Risa for anyone looking for support with coordinating or planning their wedding. She will not disappoint! Happy planning! :)

Sent on 11/25/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Danica! It was wonderful working with you and Zane and your family to make your wedding fantastic! I wish you two many years of happiness!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

I can’t say enough amazing things about Risa! She was by far the best decision we made for our wedding! We hired her for day of coordination but she was SO much more than that. I kept in touch with her through the whole planning process and she was quick to respond with advice and recommendations. We dealt with a very difficult venue and contract issues and Risa was there to help us every step of the way. The month of the wedding she seemlessly took over contacting the vendors, building the day of timeline and ensuring I wasn’t forgetting anything. Our wedding day was perfect and we owe it to her! It makes me want to get married again just to work with her again!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Lol, Lizy - that last line is the best! I had so much fun working with you and Sam, and I'm glad everything with the venue worked out in the end. Look forward to staying in touch with you guys!

Darsi · Married on 09/29/2018

We hired Risa as our day-of coordinator and I cannot say enough good things. Even though we hired her for the day of, she started working with us more than a month before the wedding, putting together timelines and coordinating with our vendors. Because of this I had very little stress leading up to the wedding day. In fact I was so chill, that everyone kept asking me how the heck I was so relaxed that close to my wedding! Her timeline was organized down to the smallest detail. Everyone in my wedding party and family was super impressed with Risa's attention to detail. She even got a few compliments from our vendors. On the day of she made sure everything ran according to schedule and it all went off without a hitch. In addition to working with the vendors, she was reloading Polaroid cameras, restocking our dessert bar, and paying attention to every little detail so I didn't have to. If there is one piece of advice I would pass along to brides it's GET A DAY-OF COORDINATOR! And if you are in the Sacramento area, WORK WITH RISA!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Darsi! Working with you and Greg was fantastic, and I know you two will have a wonderful marriage!

Roxanne · Married on 07/29/2018

We absolutely loved working with Risa! She's helped us in so many ways even though we only hired her as our day-of coordinator. She was very accommodating of any changes we threw her way. I remember having to change the timeline at least 4 times but Risa still made it all happen. She sent all of our vendors a timeline of the wedding day to follow and revised and re-sent them again when needed. When we felt like we need to move our Father/Daughter dance earlier that when it was supposed to happen on the day of, Risa was all smiles and took care of it, no problem! She even stayed and cleaned up after the reception to help us organize what we brought to and what the venue provided. This goes above and beyond what we expected from her.

Honestly, she is THE BEST at her job. You will definitely not regret it if you decide to work with her. :)

Sent on 07/12/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks, Roxanne - I loved working with you and Mark as well! Thanks for letting me be part of your special day. I wish you many years of happiness in your married life!
  • U

Ugne · Married on 07/12/2018

Having Risa coordinate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We hired Risa as a day-of coordinator but she was working with us a month prior to the wedding. Our wedding was at Park Winters, CA and even though she is based in Sacramento, she met us twice before the wedding to walk through the venue and to guide us through the rehearsal at no extra charge.
    Risa is incredibly well-organized; she reached out to all vendors and created a in-depth timeline that allowed the day to go by smoothly. She has a great attention to detail, and caught on to some potential mishaps throughout the day. My goal was to avoid putting our family members to work on our wedding day, so Risa took care of all decorations, set up and tear down. She was very pleasant to work with and easy to communicate with. Months prior to the wedding, I believed that a coordinator would not be necessary since my husband and I planned our wedding entirely and we had very reliable vendors. However, I cannot stress enough how important it was to have Risa maintain an overall picture of the day. It took immense stress off me and my husband and allowed us to enjoy our special day!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Ugne! Working with you and Wyatt was wonderful. I know you will enjoy many years of happiness together!

Alice · Married on 06/23/2018

Wedding planning is no easy feat. Risa helped my fiance and I make our special day perfect. She answered my emails and questions right away and brought up many questions, ideas and scenarios that I never considered during the planning process. Risa is very experienced with weddings and is even able to help answer a legal question or two. It was extremely helpful having her coordinate with all the venders and provide final checks with them. She braved the triple digit Sacramento heat on our wedding day to help decorate our wedding arch as well as placed the flowers on top of our wedding cake. And they both looked great! We were so happy we hired Risa to help us coordinate our wedding. You blew us away :)

Sent on 07/16/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Alice! I had such a good time working with you and Kelly to make your wedding a success. I wish you both much love and happiness in your married life together!

Daniel · Married on 05/05/2018

My fiancé and I just got married this past weekend, we used Risa day of coordinator services. I can not imagine a more professional, detail oriented person. Risa was personable, friendly and above all else extremely great at pulling information together to make your wedding day stress free. Risa's Day of services are by no means just the day of, she must have kept in constant contact with my fiancé constantly making sure that she had everything correct. We also had a home visit with her a couple of weeks before the wedding just to go over details that we might have not thought of, she was there coordinating our rehersal. She took care of our wedding timeline, she contacted all our vendors and was in constant contact with our venue. Rita also set up all our wedding decor, mind you we did not have that much of a put together theme, but when Risa was done with decorating, it was perfect. We got way more then we expected with Risa, if your looking for someone that is hardworking, highly educated, and detail oriented, she is your best option. She is worth every penny and we ever have another major event that needs coordinating we would hire her, not just for the day but for the entire event.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Danny! Working with you and Jenny was super fun, and I was delighted to be part of your wedding day. I wish you both much love and prosperity in the future!

Lizeth · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Risa was great! She is very professional, organized and reliable. Risa listened to every single detail that we wanted and made sure we had the wedding of our dreams. Anytime we had a question, Risa responded quickly. There were some cultural traditions that we wanted to include at our reception that Risa wasn't familiar with, she looked them up online to make sure she knew exactly what would be happening and how much time she needed to fit them in our timeline. I am still on cloud nine, thinking about my wedding and how perfect it was. I know for sure it wouldn't have been so great without Risa's help! If you are getting married and are looking for someone to make your dream wedding come true, we highly recommend Risa!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Liz! It was such a pleasure working with you and Alfonso to make your wedding a success! I loved meeting your families and learning about the various Mexican wedding traditions. I wish you so much love and happiness in your married life!

Nosheen · Married on 12/02/2017

I reached out to Risa 10 months before my wedding already completely overwhelmed and right away she was there for me! From multiple events, to traditional rituals, to accommodating out of state guests and then to be sure the events are a hoot themselves, was not an easy task! She kept me sane and organized throughout the planning process and the day of the actual wedding Risa was at the venue early and kept me updated on which vendors had arrived, showing me photos of the decor (while I was getting hair and makeup done and having my photoshoot). From delays to any other issues that came up, Risa was always there--She even packed us a to-go bag of our wedding food because we did not have time to sit and eat properly.
    I would recommend Risa to anyone planning a wedding big or small!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Risa James Events 12

Nina · Married on 09/30/2017

Hiring Risa as our coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We hired her only 4 weeks before our wedding (which had 175 guests) when all the logistical planning was getting stressful, and she was a God send! She helped us create the timeline, communicated with all our vendors to double check any potential problems or discrepancies, and finalize all the details. On the day of our wedding, I didn't have worry about anything for setup or how things would be executed because I knew we were in good hands. We had DIY centerpieces for 19 tables that had to be set up with water, floating candles, and flowers that the catering set-up crew couldn't do, so both her and her assistant took care of it and made them look beautiful! Risa had also planned the timeline very well and made sure we were able to get through our program so the photographer could capture everything before she left (an hour before the reception was over). She also was extremely helpful at the end of the night when we had to clean up the venue and pack everything up in separate cars, and she even stayed with us until all of it was taken care of. Her prices were super reasonable and she was worth every penny to have her to coordinate our wedding! I would highly recommend her to any other couples planning their wedding in the Sacramento area.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

Risa was amazing to work with. She was so attentive and detail oriented. During the more stressful moments of wedding planning, she helped us to stay calm and provided us with the most helpful advice. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Jonathan · Married on 05/27/2017

Risa was, by far, the all-star, MVP (most valuable planner) of our wedding vendor team. Anyone can help you pick out this or that, or tell you what you can easily find on the internet with 10 minutes of searching. Risa goes above-and-beyond; she actually provides GREAT ADVICE and COUNSEL to you. She has an opinion about things; and she's right. We had numerous times where we would explain to a vendor that "well our wedding planner suggested . . . " and they would glow with happiness and praise because they had the exact same opinion (whether it was timing of the event, indoor vs outdoor, band vs DJ, sequence of photos, etc.). Risa has unparalleled tastes for helping you create the perfect event that your guests will never forget (and that will give you a lifetime of memories). We will, without hesitation, hire Risa again in the future for our next event! I can't say enough great things about her foresight, steady planing, and consistency when dealing with other vendors.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Susan · Married on 10/29/2016

We hired Risa at the strong recommendation of a friend to be the "day-of" wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding on October 29, 2016. Thank goodness we listened to our friend! Risa was so much more than a "day-of" coordinator. She was full of wise counsel and always available for consult during the weeks before the wedding. At the rehearsal, wedding ceremony and reception, Risa managed a rather complicated venue complete with tents and structures, herded our large crowd into each place flawlessly, and coordinated all the vendors. If you want a smart, extremely capable, positive, efficient, relaxed wedding coordinator, then Risa is your woman!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Traci · Married on 10/09/2016

Risa was absolutely lovely to work with! Calm under the pressure and detail-oriented, she wrangled family members and vendors, set-up escort cards, family photos, etc., AND helped with our DIY flower arrangements. She kept the first look on schedule when our photographer got a little confused and probably handled a few other unknown-to-me snafus. We hired Risa to be our day-of-coordinator, but she went above and beyond day-of duties. Her monthly check-ins kept us on track and her on-point questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding ensured that nothing fell through the cracks. There are so many moving parts to a wedding (even our 120-person, relatively chill, outdoor BBQ affair had 10+ vendors), and it was invaluable to have Risa there to coordinate the day so our families could enjoy themselves. Her fee was reasonable too!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Liz · Married on 09/24/2016

I never would have survived the wedding planning experience without Risa. Risa was extremely responsive, thoughtful, and engaged in the planning process, and helped us sort out our complex venue and schedule. She's extremely detail oriented, but she doesn't lose sight of the big picture. Thanks to her advice, our day went off flawlessly, and we couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

Phenomenal! Absolutely phenomenal! The best choice we made for our wedding. Risa is everything you could ask for in a wedding coordinator- organized, professional, detail-oriented and overall a great person. Risa put together a timeline for us and took care of all the details...all of them. Our wedding ran smoothly because of Risa. She also made the day of our wedding less stressful because she did everything- set up decor, organized vendors, arranged the wedding party, kept us on time, and helped with the clean up. Because of all her hard work both before and the day of our wedding, we were able to enjoy our day. Risa did such a great job, she deserves ten stars!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Virginia · Married on 09/03/2016

Risa is wonderful! Highly recommend her to any bride who wants to be sure the big day will run seamlessly. She managed multiple vendors and did not need much from me the day-of- exactly what you want. She checked in with me whenever something important came up, and was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Risa is wonderful. Risa is responsive, flexible, very detailed and result oriented. She works with you from the day you book through the wedding day. She makes you feel comfortable and will be as hands on and off as much as you need and is always there to provide an opinion or guidance when needed. She thinks of things that you wouldn't think of and asks the right questions and always has your best interest in mind.

She came to us during the wedding only when she needed us to be somewhere, to provide us updates or when anything major came up. She was always calm and helpful during the wedding. Risa goes above and beyond and worked with our last minute changes during the wedding and still kept everything on track. On the day of the wedding, we had a lot of decor for her to setup and she delivered.

I couldn't have imagined our day without Risa. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a DOC (and already have to my friends). She was one of my favorite and easiest wedding vendors to work with!

Sent on 09/26/2016