Risa James Events Reviews

24 Reviews for Risa James Events

1 User photo

Risa James Events 1

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

I can’t say enough amazing things about Risa! She was by far the best decision we made for our wedding! We hired her for day of coordination but she was SO much more than that. I kept in touch with her through the whole planning process and she was quick to respond with advice and recommendations. We dealt with a very difficult venue and contract issues and Risa was there to help us every step of the way. The month of the wedding she seemlessly took over contacting the vendors, building the day of timeline and ensuring I wasn’t forgetting anything. Our wedding day was perfect and we owe it to her! It makes me want to get married again just to work with her again!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Lol, Lizy - that last line is the best! I had so much fun working with you and Sam, and I'm glad everything with the venue worked out in the end. Look forward to staying in touch with you guys!

Darsi · Married on 09/29/2018

We hired Risa as our day-of coordinator and I cannot say enough good things. Even though we hired her for the day of, she started working with us more than a month before the wedding, putting together timelines and coordinating with our vendors. Because of this I had very little stress leading up to the wedding day. In fact I was so chill, that everyone kept asking me how the heck I was so relaxed that close to my wedding! Her timeline was organized down to the smallest detail. Everyone in my wedding party and family was super impressed with Risa's attention to detail. She even got a few compliments from our vendors. On the day of she made sure everything ran according to schedule and it all went off without a hitch. In addition to working with the vendors, she was reloading Polaroid cameras, restocking our dessert bar, and paying attention to every little detail so I didn't have to. If there is one piece of advice I would pass along to brides it's GET A DAY-OF COORDINATOR! And if you are in the Sacramento area, WORK WITH RISA!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Darsi! Working with you and Greg was fantastic, and I know you two will have a wonderful marriage!

Roxanne · Married on 07/29/2018

We absolutely loved working with Risa! She's helped us in so many ways even though we only hired her as our day-of coordinator. She was very accommodating of any changes we threw her way. I remember having to change the timeline at least 4 times but Risa still made it all happen. She sent all of our vendors a timeline of the wedding day to follow and revised and re-sent them again when needed. When we felt like we need to move our Father/Daughter dance earlier that when it was supposed to happen on the day of, Risa was all smiles and took care of it, no problem! She even stayed and cleaned up after the reception to help us organize what we brought to and what the venue provided. This goes above and beyond what we expected from her.

Honestly, she is THE BEST at her job. You will definitely not regret it if you decide to work with her. :)

Sent on 07/12/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks, Roxanne - I loved working with you and Mark as well! Thanks for letting me be part of your special day. I wish you many years of happiness in your married life!
  • U

Ugne · Married on 07/12/2018

Having Risa coordinate our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We hired Risa as a day-of coordinator but she was working with us a month prior to the wedding. Our wedding was at Park Winters, CA and even though she is based in Sacramento, she met us twice before the wedding to walk through the venue and to guide us through the rehearsal at no extra charge.
    Risa is incredibly well-organized; she reached out to all vendors and created a in-depth timeline that allowed the day to go by smoothly. She has a great attention to detail, and caught on to some potential mishaps throughout the day. My goal was to avoid putting our family members to work on our wedding day, so Risa took care of all decorations, set up and tear down. She was very pleasant to work with and easy to communicate with. Months prior to the wedding, I believed that a coordinator would not be necessary since my husband and I planned our wedding entirely and we had very reliable vendors. However, I cannot stress enough how important it was to have Risa maintain an overall picture of the day. It took immense stress off me and my husband and allowed us to enjoy our special day!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Ugne! Working with you and Wyatt was wonderful. I know you will enjoy many years of happiness together!

Alice · Married on 06/23/2018

Wedding planning is no easy feat. Risa helped my fiance and I make our special day perfect. She answered my emails and questions right away and brought up many questions, ideas and scenarios that I never considered during the planning process. Risa is very experienced with weddings and is even able to help answer a legal question or two. It was extremely helpful having her coordinate with all the venders and provide final checks with them. She braved the triple digit Sacramento heat on our wedding day to help decorate our wedding arch as well as placed the flowers on top of our wedding cake. And they both looked great! We were so happy we hired Risa to help us coordinate our wedding. You blew us away :)

Sent on 07/16/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Alice! I had such a good time working with you and Kelly to make your wedding a success. I wish you both much love and happiness in your married life together!

Daniel · Married on 05/05/2018

My fiancé and I just got married this past weekend, we used Risa day of coordinator services. I can not imagine a more professional, detail oriented person. Risa was personable, friendly and above all else extremely great at pulling information together to make your wedding day stress free. Risa's Day of services are by no means just the day of, she must have kept in constant contact with my fiancé constantly making sure that she had everything correct. We also had a home visit with her a couple of weeks before the wedding just to go over details that we might have not thought of, she was there coordinating our rehersal. She took care of our wedding timeline, she contacted all our vendors and was in constant contact with our venue. Rita also set up all our wedding decor, mind you we did not have that much of a put together theme, but when Risa was done with decorating, it was perfect. We got way more then we expected with Risa, if your looking for someone that is hardworking, highly educated, and detail oriented, she is your best option. She is worth every penny and we ever have another major event that needs coordinating we would hire her, not just for the day but for the entire event.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Danny! Working with you and Jenny was super fun, and I was delighted to be part of your wedding day. I wish you both much love and prosperity in the future!

Lizeth · Married on 04/28/2018

Working with Risa was great! She is very professional, organized and reliable. Risa listened to every single detail that we wanted and made sure we had the wedding of our dreams. Anytime we had a question, Risa responded quickly. There were some cultural traditions that we wanted to include at our reception that Risa wasn't familiar with, she looked them up online to make sure she knew exactly what would be happening and how much time she needed to fit them in our timeline. I am still on cloud nine, thinking about my wedding and how perfect it was. I know for sure it wouldn't have been so great without Risa's help! If you are getting married and are looking for someone to make your dream wedding come true, we highly recommend Risa!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Risa James Events's reply:

Thank you, Liz! It was such a pleasure working with you and Alfonso to make your wedding a success! I loved meeting your families and learning about the various Mexican wedding traditions. I wish you so much love and happiness in your married life!

Nosheen · Married on 12/02/2017

I reached out to Risa 10 months before my wedding already completely overwhelmed and right away she was there for me! From multiple events, to traditional rituals, to accommodating out of state guests and then to be sure the events are a hoot themselves, was not an easy task! She kept me sane and organized throughout the planning process and the day of the actual wedding Risa was at the venue early and kept me updated on which vendors had arrived, showing me photos of the decor (while I was getting hair and makeup done and having my photoshoot). From delays to any other issues that came up, Risa was always there--She even packed us a to-go bag of our wedding food because we did not have time to sit and eat properly.
    I would recommend Risa to anyone planning a wedding big or small!

Risa James Events 2

Nina · Married on 09/30/2017

Hiring Risa as our coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We hired her only 4 weeks before our wedding (which had 175 guests) when all the logistical planning was getting stressful, and she was a God send! She helped us create the timeline, communicated with all our vendors to double check any potential problems or discrepancies, and finalize all the details. On the day of our wedding, I didn't have worry about anything for setup or how things would be executed because I knew we were in good hands. We had DIY centerpieces for 19 tables that had to be set up with water, floating candles, and flowers that the catering set-up crew couldn't do, so both her and her assistant took care of it and made them look beautiful! Risa had also planned the timeline very well and made sure we were able to get through our program so the photographer could capture everything before she left (an hour before the reception was over). She also was extremely helpful at the end of the night when we had to clean up the venue and pack everything up in separate cars, and she even stayed with us until all of it was taken care of. Her prices were super reasonable and she was worth every penny to have her to coordinate our wedding! I would highly recommend her to any other couples planning their wedding in the Sacramento area.

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2017

Risa was amazing to work with. She was so attentive and detail oriented. During the more stressful moments of wedding planning, she helped us to stay calm and provided us with the most helpful advice. I cannot recommend her enough!

Jonathan · Married on 05/27/2017

Risa was, by far, the all-star, MVP (most valuable planner) of our wedding vendor team. Anyone can help you pick out this or that, or tell you what you can easily find on the internet with 10 minutes of searching. Risa goes above-and-beyond; she actually provides GREAT ADVICE and COUNSEL to you. She has an opinion about things; and she's right. We had numerous times where we would explain to a vendor that "well our wedding planner suggested . . . " and they would glow with happiness and praise because they had the exact same opinion (whether it was timing of the event, indoor vs outdoor, band vs DJ, sequence of photos, etc.). Risa has unparalleled tastes for helping you create the perfect event that your guests will never forget (and that will give you a lifetime of memories). We will, without hesitation, hire Risa again in the future for our next event! I can't say enough great things about her foresight, steady planing, and consistency when dealing with other vendors.

Susan · Married on 10/29/2016

We hired Risa at the strong recommendation of a friend to be the "day-of" wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding on October 29, 2016. Thank goodness we listened to our friend! Risa was so much more than a "day-of" coordinator. She was full of wise counsel and always available for consult during the weeks before the wedding. At the rehearsal, wedding ceremony and reception, Risa managed a rather complicated venue complete with tents and structures, herded our large crowd into each place flawlessly, and coordinated all the vendors. If you want a smart, extremely capable, positive, efficient, relaxed wedding coordinator, then Risa is your woman!

Traci · Married on 10/09/2016

Risa was absolutely lovely to work with! Calm under the pressure and detail-oriented, she wrangled family members and vendors, set-up escort cards, family photos, etc., AND helped with our DIY flower arrangements. She kept the first look on schedule when our photographer got a little confused and probably handled a few other unknown-to-me snafus. We hired Risa to be our day-of-coordinator, but she went above and beyond day-of duties. Her monthly check-ins kept us on track and her on-point questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding ensured that nothing fell through the cracks. There are so many moving parts to a wedding (even our 120-person, relatively chill, outdoor BBQ affair had 10+ vendors), and it was invaluable to have Risa there to coordinate the day so our families could enjoy themselves. Her fee was reasonable too!

Liz · Married on 09/24/2016

I never would have survived the wedding planning experience without Risa. Risa was extremely responsive, thoughtful, and engaged in the planning process, and helped us sort out our complex venue and schedule. She's extremely detail oriented, but she doesn't lose sight of the big picture. Thanks to her advice, our day went off flawlessly, and we couldn't recommend her more.

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

Phenomenal! Absolutely phenomenal! The best choice we made for our wedding. Risa is everything you could ask for in a wedding coordinator- organized, professional, detail-oriented and overall a great person. Risa put together a timeline for us and took care of all the details...all of them. Our wedding ran smoothly because of Risa. She also made the day of our wedding less stressful because she did everything- set up decor, organized vendors, arranged the wedding party, kept us on time, and helped with the clean up. Because of all her hard work both before and the day of our wedding, we were able to enjoy our day. Risa did such a great job, she deserves ten stars!

Virginia · Married on 09/03/2016

Risa is wonderful! Highly recommend her to any bride who wants to be sure the big day will run seamlessly. She managed multiple vendors and did not need much from me the day-of- exactly what you want. She checked in with me whenever something important came up, and was a pleasure to work with.

Risa is wonderful. Risa is responsive, flexible, very detailed and result oriented. She works with you from the day you book through the wedding day. She makes you feel comfortable and will be as hands on and off as much as you need and is always there to provide an opinion or guidance when needed. She thinks of things that you wouldn't think of and asks the right questions and always has your best interest in mind.

She came to us during the wedding only when she needed us to be somewhere, to provide us updates or when anything major came up. She was always calm and helpful during the wedding. Risa goes above and beyond and worked with our last minute changes during the wedding and still kept everything on track. On the day of the wedding, we had a lot of decor for her to setup and she delivered.

I couldn't have imagined our day without Risa. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a DOC (and already have to my friends). She was one of my favorite and easiest wedding vendors to work with!

Sara · Married on 06/25/2016

Risa was absolutely amazing! We booked her very last minute to do day-of coordinating for the wedding. I talked to a few planners before finding Risa, and they all made me feel stressed talking to them-- saying how little time was left for them to get organized, how soon the wedding was, how their prices would be MUCH steeper due to the fact that the wedding was so soon, etc. Not Risa! She was chill as a cucumber but still on top of every detail. I literally don't know what we would have done without her. She was authoritative and quick to make decisions but never came off as pushy and was extremely accommodating to my ideas and making sure my vision came through. My sister, who was my MOH, is getting married in a few months, asked me 5 times during my wedding to find out if Risa was available her date! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Sara · Married on 06/11/2016

Risa was fantastic. I can't imagine how we could have pulled off the wedding without Risa's help. They say the wedding day goes by quickly, and it's so true. There are so many things going on around you the day of, it would have been impossible for me to enjoy the day without Risa taking care of all of the logistics. Risa was also great keeping in touch with me through out the 9 months leading up to the wedding, and giving me prompt suggestions and answering any concerns that I may had.

I booked Risa for a last minute emergency with my hotel wedding planner. She was an amazing help for my day of wedding planning needs. She also spent a good amount of time communicating with me the weeks up the to wedding to make sure everything was on track. She pays attention to detail, is quick to adjust to changes, responsive, and a *very* considerate wedding coordinator. She also has good taste!

She communicated with all my bridal party with ease. She was also very flexible with our situation.

We asked a lot of her and she delivered. While because of the few reviews we saw of her services we were hesitant in the beginning, after talking to her, and after our wedding, we were very glad to have found her and recommend her without hesitation.

Matthew · Married on 09/12/2015

Risa has the knowledge, experience and initiative to coordinate any event from start to finish. Besides being endlessly helpful, she also has the negotiating skills you want for the extras that can enhance your event.

Kate · Married on 10/12/2014

Risa is creative, organized and attentive to detail, as all event planners should be. What sets Risa apart from others, however, is that she is pragmatic and results-oriented. So many event planners focus on frills with high price tags that won't necessarily make your event any more fun or beautiful or memorable. For both my wedding and another wedding that I attended as a guest, I saw Risa's creative solutions successfully come to life. Risa can help you allocate your event budget efficiently to make your dream event a reality. She is also attentive and will work with your personal preferences, rather than encouraging a cookie-cutter event model.

Risa was instrumental in helping me identify wedding vendors that delivered the highest quality at surprisingly reasonable prices. In particular, her guidance in choosing a florist and DJ was exceptional. Since my wedding last fall, I have received multiple inquiries regarding these vendors, and I would not have known about them without Risa's guidance.

M · Married on 05/21/2016

Risa! She is incredible - I don't know what I would've done without her the day of my wedding. I didn't need her at the ceremony (it was at a church and there was a church coordinator there), so she helped set up everything at the brunch wedding reception I was having. Yes, it was a fairly simple given many of the weddings with huge budgets that I've seen, but still, I never imagined there would be so many details that I'd have to think or worry about on the "day of." I could not be in two places at once, and that's the main reason I hired her. She made my brunch look absolutely elegant, using the decor I had given her to lay out (the name cards, the decorations, the centerpieces, the favors, etc.). To be honest, I wasn't sure how my reception would come together since I basically planned/ordered everything on my own, but Risa gave everything her special touch and it really came together.

That being said, it's not all about the help the "day of." It's the talking to the vendors. And by that I mean one vendor in my case, that was both the venue and the catering. And they were a total pain in the ass in terms of communication and trying to sneak in costs hoping we wouldn't notice. Ugh, it was awful. Anyway, Risa was cc'ed on everything and while she didn't address the issues to them directly it was great to have her as an advocate, and she made sure everything went smoothly the "day of" with the vendor. Thank goodness - because it did, and it was wonderful, and a huge part of that was her overseeing the reception.

Okay this is starting to get rambly but RISA I LOVE YOU and I will be recommending you to other friends.

Oh, and I gave her a "4" on responsiveness only because she's a superhero who does this and also has a full-time job so sometimes she can't get to you right away or until later in the day.