Rich Chapman Photographers Reviews

45 | Chicago, IL

45 Reviews for Rich Chapman Photographers

45 Rich Chapman Photographers Reviews

Carli · Married on 02/17/2018

Rich and Rich took very good care of us, and delivered fantastic results! :) They made our special day even more special, and provided us with beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

Joe · Married on 09/04/2016

Rich and his son Rich (a.k.a. Camera 1 and Camera 2) gave us great memories and were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. My wife and I appreciated their kind temperament, and our interactions with them before, during, and after the wedding were not only satisfying, but enjoyable. During a process which can be stressful, Rich and Rich helped us plan our photo agenda ahead of time and they walked us through it on the big day so that we could relax and simply enjoy each other. Our pictures were fantastic, and we love the canvas print that we see on our wall every day. Rich and Rich took care of all our photography needs at a price we were pleased with. They were a genuine pleasure to have at our wedding. Recommended!

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

Rich Chapman did an excellent job with our wedding pictures. We would highly recommend him to everyone!

Colleen · Married on 06/11/2016

Wow! How professionally this team is! He has been our family's "go-to" photographer for a few years now. when someone in the family gets engaged, they automatically know who they want their wedding photographer to be... Rich Chapman! Not only is the final product just spectacular, but the experience on the big day is what makes working with him so great! I think my favorite part of working with Rich Chapman photographers was that we met with them a few times leading up to our wedding day and he really helped guide us since we really had no clue what the best plan of action was. We appreciated that guidance so much and it made our wedding day so smooth and stress-free!!
    Thank you so much Rich Chapman Photographers!!

Rummana · Married on 04/16/2016

Rich Chapman and his partner/son were brilliant. I had two events--very Indian centric--and they did a great job capturing all the vibrant colors and festivities amid the larger than ususal crowds. They were also very accommodating and thorough and took the time out to discuss well beforehand how the ceremonies and events would unfold.

Jacqui · Married on 08/22/2015

Rich is the best photographer I have ever seen! He went above and beyond what I dreamed for our wedding photos! We got teary eyed just looking at the photos, because he documented moment by moment of the whole wedding. AMAZING!!

Bill · Married on 08/01/2015

I’m a professional photographer myself, so I set a high bar for my wedding photographer. Rich Chapman and his son did a fabulous job that exceeded even my expectations. His photos are technically excellent, of course, but more importantly, he captured the love, joy and fun of our ceremony and reception. He was even ready when a vintage B-24 Liberator unexpectedly flew over our ceremony!
    Rich and his son make a great team, and they went about their work with charm, class and utmost professionalism. They understood that we were there to celebrate with family and friends, not to pose endlessly for the photographer; I was impressed with the great wedding portraits they captured, and how efficiently they did this so we could get back to the party.
    We know that magic day will come alive for us every time we look through Rich’s work. My wife and I and our family and friends will cherish these photos forever.

Rich, made an amazing day even that much better. Highly recommend!

Colin · Married on 07/25/2015

Rich did an amazing job for us....he was easy to work with, all our guests were impressed with how he worked the crowd and the final pictures and album told our story in the best way possible.

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2015

I cannot express enough how appreciative we are that Rich was our wedding photographer! Absolutely wonderful. Rich is a family friend, so naturally, we immediately thought he would be a good choice for our wedding photographer. Little did we know that we had chosen THE BEST photographer we could ever ask for. Literally everything we could ever want in our photo album is there. Every little detail of our wedding captured beautifully. I had ZERO stress as a bride that our photos were going to turn out well, and let me tell you, that was a WONDERFUL feeling. Rich was so well organized and efficient too. Everyone always talks about how their faces hurt from smiling for so long taking photos after the wedding, right? We took photos at the church for 15 minutes only, and we got HUNDREDS OF absolutely amazing photos. HUNDREDS. Noone complained about taking a million photos, every single person in our wedding was captured, every single guest is in a photo. Everything was amazing. And then pre-reception and reception photos are just as amazing! We had a rainy day in summer for our wedding, and somehow we still have the most beautiful pictures I could ever ask for. Rich has a great eye for what is going to make a perfect photo, so take his advice and let him guide you. We felt so stress-free working with him, we honestly could not be happier! We will definitely be using Rich for all of our photography needs from here on out!

Ashley · Married on 05/23/2015

Rich's photos exceeded our expectations! In all of our planning, the photos were our number one priority. We wanted them to be nice because we knew we would have them for forever. The style was very professional and timeless (unlike some of the washed out hipster-y type photos that you see these days), which was the perfect fit for us! Rich and his son were very professional, organized, creative, and willing to accommodate our needs. A lot of the shots we would have never thought to take and they turned out beautiful!
    One of my favorite things is that we had our photos back so quickly! We have friends that got married the same weekend and STILL don't have their photos, but we started seeing some of the first photos while we were still on our honeymoon! What service!
    Our albums were timely too and they look absolutely incredible! We could not be happier with the results.

THANK YOU, RICH!

Ralph · Married on 11/08/2014

We can't thank you enough for the great job you did at our daughter's wedding. From the initial consultation to the delivery of the photo book, everything was done first class. There are plenty of wedding photographers in the Chicago area, but there's a reason we picked you and your son to document our daughter's big day. While you captured every memorable moment with your stunning photography skills, we found working with the Chapmans was a piece of (wedding) cake! It's a pleasure to work with such down-to-earth perfectionists. If anyone asks if we know a good wedding photographer, we will be honored to put them in touch with the best!
    --Ralph and Karen Greenslade

Kelly · Married on 09/21/2013

When first meeting Richard he makes you feel totally and completely comfortable. His energy and demeanor are very welcoming. We met at a convenient location for both of us where we discussed the vision for photographing our wedding. He showed us his previous work then asked us to describe the style we were looking for. It didn't take long for all of us to paint a picture of what we wanted, which he eventually ended up capturing to perfection. We set up one more meeting a few days before the wedding to go over must have shots and lay out a schedule for the day. With his experience he offers up a bunch of great ideas that later we were very glad to have.

As for the day of the wedding, Richard went with my wife to gather all the preparation for the wedding while his son joined the men to capture our own preparation. His son did a great job capturing everything on our end being there for every fun moment but never in the way. During our actual ceremony neither Richard or his son were very noticeable. They have an amazing way of blending in to the ceremony while still being able to nail all the perfect shots. When looking back at the photos it almost seemed impossible that they could have been everywhere to gather those moments as only a two man team.

When we gathered after the ceremony, Richard did a great job leading our wedding party and guiding us all into place for the classic formal shots. We had a rather large wedding party and he still managed to get every shot with out taking too much time. Our personal favorite shots came out of the bride and groom photo walk. We were very fortunate to have a beautiful day for photos and Richard used it amazingly to nail some remarkable images. The wedding took place at a country club but the way he used his imagination and creativity he made it seem as if we were off in a beautiful forest preserve somewhere. The work truly does speak for itself.

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2013

I had the pleasure of meeting Rich at two of my friend’s weddings, which after seeing their amazing photos I recommended him to my sister. Two years later, I booked him for my own wedding!

Prior to our wedding, Rich met at a convenient location for us and made us feel so comfortable. He brought his portfolio for us to look at and wanted to hear all about our engagement, our “vision,” and everything we wanted our wedding day to be. Having that first meeting with him put me at such ease! He was SO incredibly excited for our day, and so passionate, which only made us more excited.

I recommend making a list of all of the shots you want for that day and meeting with Rich to discuss. I waited until the last minute to do this and had to email it to him, but it would have been great to meet one time right before the wedding. Again, this was all me, not Rich!

The day of the wedding, Rich and his son arrived early and got right to work. They were so attentive to every detail and were absolutely amazing! They are both so pleasant to work with and you barely realize they are there! Looking back at the photos, I had no idea he was even taking some of the shots. He does a fabulous job of capturing every single moment and not being intrusive about it.

While we were on our honeymoon, Rich sent us a slideshow of about 15 of the best shots. I was floored! This was such a great thing to send to our family members for a sneak peak! You also get rights to ALL of your photos. What you should know is that all of the photos are unedited, so if you want certain photos edited you have to ask for them.

Overall, Rich was patient, kind, detail-oriented and beyond passionate about my photos. He made me feel like my wedding was the most important one he’d ever done. I would highly recommend Rich!

Please check out my longer review on other websites, as WW only lets you post so much. I have SO many more amazing details to share! All in all, check out Rich’s photos. They speak for themselves!

Melanie & Bret · Married on 09/01/2012

We were referred to Rich Chapman, by a friend, and are extremely thankful that he was available to photograph our wedding! With approximately 450 guests, we were looking for someone who could be adaptable in many different situations and capture as many moments as possible. After meeting with him and his son, we felt very confident that we had made the right choice. They were so easy to talk to and were interested in what WE wanted.....not just how to get the job done. They kept in contact with us before and after the wedding and were quick to respond to our emails and phone calls.
    Rich, his son, and Kent exceeded our expectations by being professional, quick on their feet, creative and most importantly, FUN! They all have this sense of humor and personality that make you laugh and smile. We felt like they were a part of our family and friends. We have also received many compliments on the photos and are brought to tears and laughter every time we look at them. One of our favorite moments (notice I said one) was when he released a sneak peak, short video of our wedding photos! It was amazing! I highly recommend Rich Chapman Photography for your wedding and any other occasion. No question!

Jordan · Married on 08/25/2012

Hiring Rich Chapman Photography was one of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. Rich, his son, and his wife are incredibly professional, personable, and passionate and will do whatever it takes to get the “perfect shot.” From our initial meeting, to the engagement photo session, to the big day, Rich and his team made us feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera. In all of our pictures, we look like the best possible version of our selves without looking cheesy or fake. The team made sure we got all of the standard shots and then took it to the next level by asking for suggestions and letting their creative juices flow.

One of our favorite parts is that Rich gave us access to all of the digital files. This way, we can print the ones we love now and in 2, 3, or 4 years, we can still go back and print as many as we want.

Overall, you cannot find a better photographer to capture the best moments of your big day than Rich Chapman Photography.

Lynn · Married on 07/20/2012

I was referred to Rich by a friend. Rich and his son were a great team, and were very friendly, courteous, and professional. Rich is an amazing photographer, who shows passion and perfection in his work. We were very happy with the pictures, and had many comments from friends and family on the quality of his work. We loved many of the candid shots and he captured all the important moments of our wedding. The family and friends group pictures were beautiful. Rich has a talent for getting the photo perfect. We were very happy to have chosen him for our photographer. We highly recommend him.

Peggy · Married on 07/07/2012

Artistic ... very easy to work with ... a story teller ... talented ... enthusiastic ... a real pro! These are just a few words we would use to describe Rich Chapman, our wedding photographer. We knew from our first meeting with Rich, that this kind, energetic, talented photographer was the perfect choice for our wedding. Rich expertly guided us every step of the way from the planning process through the wedding and on into the final photo selection. Rich was always prompt, enthusiastic, professional and accommodating ... willing to do whatever it took to provide us with fabulous photos. Rich didn't just take "pics," he used his extensive photographic expertise and impressive artistic talent to tell our wedding story, and the results are spectacular!

Rich and his son make a great team, and between the two of them we received a bounty of beautiful photos of our wedding in a very timely manner. We highly recommend Rich Chapman and his son to anyone who wants the best for their wedding!

Peggy

Stefanie · Married on 06/30/2012

Fabulous! Professional! Great attention to detail! Best Decision we could have made! My husband and I will be forever gratetful for our beautiful and heartfelt wedding memories captured on film by Rich Chapman Photography. The satisfaction and reassurance knowing who our photographer was going to be and that he understood our vision was such a blessing. We were able to enjoy our special day and have confidence that Rich was capturing all the little moments that still bring tears to our eyes and laughter to our hearts. Rich and son made sure we captured all the photos on our "Must have" list and were constantly keeping a look out for creative shots that have turned out to be some of our favorites! Our wedding album is amazing...much better than others I've seen and the whole process of selecting the photos and incorporating our suggestions went very smoothly! Rich worked dilligently to deliver our albums (one for us and two parent books) within 5 months after our wedding (very fast!) so we could wrap them just in time for Christmas. I continue to refer Rich Chapman Photography to friends and am exciting that he will be shooting my brother in law's wedding this month!

Ashley · Married on 06/29/2012

When looking for a wedding photographer we came across a photo of Rich's by searching on google "Chicago skyline wedding photo" and we fell in love with the pictures he had in his portfolio.  We met with him a few times before the wedding and we feel he was very thorough in getting an understanding of the way we wanted our wedding day to be captured.  He is a quirky and genuine person who wants you to have beautiful memories of your day.  We did a first look approach with a photo walk around the city of Chicago and he did such a wonderful job.  He delivered on some seriously stunning photos of our big day.  I love how he prefers to capture moments as they occur rather than staging "posed" photos, however in some instances a little more direction such as "un bottom that top button, your jacket looks funny" would have been nice.  (and that's me just being nit-picky!!). He got so many lovely details of our wedding and really didn't miss one moment of the day.  He was also very accommodating, responded to emails and questions quickly, and got my photos back to me in record time. I would hands down recommend Rich and his son for anyone's wedding or event!  I can't stop getting compliments on the pictures from our wedding day and we had such a great time shooting together.  He is a perfectionist and his work is certainly perfection.

We absolutely LOVED working with Rich Chapman (and his son, Rich). His passion for his work stood out from the moment of our first meeting. He truly cares about shooting the wedding pictures that you want and is not afraid to come up with unique, fun shots. He is friendly, fun and outgoing - it shows in his work! The photos that he took are fantastic - we have received many compliments from friends/family about them. Highly recommended!!!

Kristy · Married on 06/16/2012

As other reviews have stated, hiring Rich Chapman to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. After meeting with Rich, who was referred to us from a great friend, it was a no brainer to hire him to photograph our big day. Rich and his son are professional yet have a ease to how they work. Their experience and eye for knowing when they have "the shot" created the most beautiful and lasting memories of our wedding. When my husband and I looked through all the photographs they took, we often commented on how wonderful the pictures were - and also that we barely knew that Rich and Rich had taken them. I think many brides (& grooms) have stood up in weddings where the photographer took away from the day by being weird, pushy, odd, etc. Working with Rich was the absolute opposite. We are so glad Rich was part of our wedding day and we know he'll help to create wonderful memories for many other brides too.

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2011

Rich and his son Richie were such a pleasure to work with. In fact, it really did not feel like work, and rather that they were an extension of our friends and family. We are unbelievably thrilled with the photos, and photo albums that they compiled - we cannot stop reliving the joy and excitement of our wedding day. The Chapmans had done a few of our very good friends' weddings previously, so we knew we had a great team to work with, but they wildly exceeded our expectations. I am sad the the 'process' is over, but I am confident that I will see Rich and his family again covering more of our loved ones' weddings, and will likely reach out to him when we start expanding our own family - I hear his baby pictures are just as fabulous :)

Justine · Married on 06/04/2011

For my wedding day I wanted to walk away with photographs that would take me back to the beautiful day. Rich Chapman and his team symbolize the power of photography and demonstrate talent which is evident in their work. His genuine, respectful, and hardworking team consisted of his talented son and committed wife. They were willing to go anywhere my husband I wanted to go (including the limo!) and were always ready to capture the perfect shot! From the moment we met Rich, I had no doubt in my mind that he had the professionalism and determination to provide us with the photos that we wanted. Every time I look at my photographs I am brought back to my special day. I can feel the love, passion, and happiness that Rich captured in each photo. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Rich Chapman Photography in order to capture our special day!

Jen · Married on 05/21/2011

Rich, his son, and wife were amazing for our engagement photo session and for our wedding day. They truly care about the quality of your pictures and will do anything to make sure that you love your pictures. It was very nice to have someone so passionate about photography take our wedding photos. Rich and his family are extremely thoughtful and talented. I would recommend Rich Chapman to any friend or family member.