Rare Form Band LLC Reviews

96 | Boston, MA

96 Reviews for Rare Form Band LLC

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2014

Rare Form performed at my wedding this past August, it was the best band! The wedding guests were dancing before the dinner was served and the floor was full all night! They also did the ceremony and cocktail hour which was spectacular! The band is easy to work with and will make sure to learn songs that are important to you! If I could I would hire them once a month for a big bash because they were that good! Hope to see them perform again soon!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Kathryn · Married on 08/16/2014

I originally experienced Rare Form at my brother's wedding in 2011 and was blown away by their performance. I knew right then and there that I wanted them at my wedding. I saw them again at my brother's sister-in-law's wedding in 2013 and they were just as I remembered! So fun! Well, when the time came to pick my wedding music, it was a no-brainer - I contacted Rare Form right away!

If you are looking for a wedding band that will get everyone onto the dance floor, Rare Form is the band! I had shy family members who never dance and they were tearing up the dance floor! It was great! The variety of music that Rare Form played struck a chord (no pun intended - or was it?) with everyone, from me and my 20-something-year-old friends to my 83-year-old great aunts. There was something for everyone.

I also had Jon Abrams, the band's keyboardist, play my ceremony music along with a cellist that he had previously worked with. They were fantastic!

Donna, the band's manager, was a pleasure to work with. She's very responsive and makes sure every detail of your day's music is communicated clearly so you won't stress!

I HIGHLY recommend Rare Form! You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Rare Form played at my brother's wedding years ago and people raved about how great the band was! When it came to my own wedding this past summer, I had no interest in exploring other bands. I contacted Donna the band manager, and reserved Rare Form. They are professional and fun. The band is more than willing to learn special requests...which we really enjoyed! There was a moment at the wedding when I wasn't sure whether an artist's original recording was playing or the band, only to turn and see that is was the band! I highly recommend Rare Form!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Steven · Married on 08/02/2014

Rare Form Band made our wedding. I am a harsh critic of bands because of my taste in music and honestly my wife and I and all of our guests were absolutely amazed by how talented and professional Rare Form band is. We have gone to about 10 high end weddings amongst our friends over the past year and we were consistently told by our guests that was the best wedding they have ever been to. The band made the wedding. People danced from the mother son dance until the venue kicked us out. The lead singer has a an incredible Barry White voice and throws sarcasm and tweaks to the music out at the perfect times. They also unexpectedly played my wife and I's first dance song and also unexpectedly played ice ice baby when my mom and I danced to it during our first dance. At the end of the night, Steve the lead guitarist played the most incredible guitar solo to turn the venue into a Van Morrison concert. This band is a true collection of extremely talented musicians that will turn your wedding into a night you will never forget.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/27/2014

We had our wedding July 2014 and Rare Form was amazing!!! We didn't have a well-known first dance song and they learned it and preformed it perfectly. They had all 150 guests (all different ages) dancing the night away! We still get complements on how great Rare Form was and have had some of our guest refer them to their friend for future weddings. They truly made our wedding memorable and fun for everyone. We sang and danced the night away, it was unforgettable!!!!

• Kevin

Kevin · Married on 07/26/2014

We could not have been happier with the Rare Form .Band. They kept the dance floor packed, played every song we requested and MADE our daughters wedding a night everyone remembers. Even the venue people remarked what a fun wedding it was. We still receive calls and coments about what a great and enjoyable wedding we hoasted. Cannoy say enough about the R F Band...a must!.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/19/2014

Everyone told us our wedding was literally the best wedding they've ever been to because Rare Form was amazing!! They play such a variety of music that we had people of all ages dancing on the floor all night long!

James · Married on 06/28/2014

Rare Form was,...without a doubt the best wedding band we have ever seen/heard/danced too, etc. They made our wedding reception an incredibly fun event. They performed a broad range of songs and had an incredible capacity to pull it off with a crazy bunch of people of all ages.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Rare Form did an amazing job at our wedding! They had everyone on the dance floor the whole night and played songs that people from all ages groups enjoyed! I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to plan fun event.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Rare Form did an amazing job at our wedding at the Boston Seaport Hotel in June. Leading up to the wedding, they were super helpful in making sure everything was organized and this removed all stress from this part of organizing the wedding which was great. We weren't 100% sure what type of music we wanted, and we just gave them a general idea and they took that and ran with it and put on an amazing performance.

Throughout the course of the wedding, we repeatedly received compliments from guests about what an amazing band we had found and how impressed they were with the different styles and sounds that a single band could pull off. Definitely would recommend to others, they are both friendly and talented and really put on a good show.

Liz · event on: 03/02/2014

I would like to Thank Rare Form for making this the most memorable Anniversary party ever! Our Guests are still raving about how much fun they had! They were also very easy to work with and very accommodating to any of our requests. Any parties I have in the future Rare form will be my first call!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Erin · Married on 08/09/2013

I can't believe how long it has taken for me to tell you that RARE FORM WAS THE BEST PART OF OUR WEDDING! Seven months later, people are still talking about it. In fact, my sister is getting married next February, and Rare Form will be the entertainment! Seriously - every interaction I had with Donna leading up to the event, and the band on the day of, was fabulous. They played almost every song we requested, and even learned a very tough one as our "last dance." They kept every person - from teenagers to people in their 60s and 70s - on the floor all night. I can't say enough about how fabulous they were. Having a band instead of a DJ makes a one thousand percent difference in the feel of the wedding. Thank you Rare Form for being the absolute dream of a wedding band. We are obsessed!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Erin · Married on 08/09/2013

I am obsessed with Rare Form. They absolutely MADE our wedding. Anyone who is thinking of getting a DJ... STOP what you are doing right now, and get a band. Preferably, get Rare Form. They had everyone dancing- from our teenage cousins, our friends (mid-20s), and all of the "grown-ups." They played nearly every song on our play list and also learned a really tough to play song for our last dance. I am beyond excited for them to play at my sister's wedding next February!! Thank you Rare Form and Donna for being so incredibly professional and attentive since the day we booked them, about 15 months before our wedding!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Marilyn · Married on 06/23/2013

Loved working with this band. Before the wedding, Donna was very accommodating. She returned my emails quickly. My guests loved the actual band and couldn't stop raving about them. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Sent on 03/05/2014

Monica · Married on 05/11/2013

Having Rare Form as our band was hands-down the best decision we made for our wedding day. Rare Form elegantly hosted our wedding and set the tone for quite the party. They were professional, talented and flexible. Rare Form played all the songs we asked them to and tailored their play lists to make sure all our of guests had a great time. We had the time of our lives and know that all our guests did too. So many of our guests still rave about Rare Form to this day. We couldn't be happier with our decision and we only wish we could relive the amazing day. It was the best day of our lives! Thank you Rare Form!! You guys rock!

Sent on 03/27/2014

Laura · Married on 11/10/2012

Rare Form is THE best wedding band. They played at my brother's wedding 9 years ago, and was the first vendor I contacted when I was planning my wedding. I hired them for the ceremony. cocktail hour, and reception. They were extremely helpful in selecting the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and nailed every song they sang at the reception. They were fun and engaging and we received endless compliments from our wedding guests about the band. I was thrilled that they were able to play at my wedding. Thank you, Rare Form!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Jenny · Married on 08/25/2012

Rare Form was recommended to me by a friend who saw them perform at another wedding. I listened to them online, spoke to their manager, and decided that since I liked what I heard, I was going to book them without hearing them in person first. After i did, I was a bit nervous, but every time I talked to Donna, the manager, she made me feel great about them. They learned 4 special songs for us: our 1st dance; the father-daughter dance; the mother-son dance; and our last dance. Their voices are INCREDIBLE! they sounded a lot like the originals, but also put their own twist on it which made it even more special for us. I can't say enough incredible things about them! They sounded awesome, they complied when we asked them to dress formally to match the feel of our wedding, and they played every single song we requested that night. I had a 1 musician play the cocktail hour, which created a beautiful ambiance, and then the whole 8 piece band joined for dinner and dancing. Their music set the tone for our party - from the minute our first dance was over until the very last song, everyone was on the dance floor. We didn't want the night to end! I would definitely recommend this band!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Rare Form is an incredible band and I would highly recommend them. If music is an important element of your planned event, then you have to hire Rare Form. Guest at my daughter's reception at The Granite Rose in Hampstead, NH ranged from 14 to 83. Everyone was dancing all night long. There was no gender gap that evening.

Rare Form has fantastic vocals, their sound is clean, clear and powerful. One guest stated " you hit a home run with this band. From their first song to their last, they were fantastic". They read our guest perfectly and the dance floor was packed all night long.

Amazing band,

Bob

Sent on 07/03/2012

Dear Donna,

Thank you-thank you-thank you and Rare Form for making our wedding an incredible event that we will forever remember.  Rare Form and their music transformed the wedding reception from a party into a forever memory.  The music was simply incredible!

All the band members were so lovely and truly a pleasure to work with.  Their upbeat, fun personalities were infectious - all our of guests commented on what a fun evening it was!  My husband and I were beyond impressed; we have already given out your contact information too many times to count.

We are so grateful and will forever remember how lucky we were to start our first night as husband and wife with such wonderful music!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2012

They were FABULOUS!!! I had a small wedding and didn't want some loud obnoxious band and they were perfect!!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Erin · event on: 04/14/2012

Extremely professional. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/16/2012

Peter · Married on 12/10/2011

The band was incredible! Everyone was dancing including folks who said they had not danced in years! I also appreciated how the band interacted with everyone and it added to the experience. Many commented that it was like being at a concert. We truly appreciated having the band at the wedding and they made it the great event it was.

Sent on 02/01/2012

Tom · event on: 12/03/2011

We host a holiday party to benefit the Make a Wish Foundation of New Hampshire and "RARE FORM" has been our band every year - this band is the reason we have over 300 people attend the event every year. This band is incredible and I am always willing to provide a reference - please email tharte@landmarkbenefits.com if you have any specific questions or need a reference.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Valerie · event on: 11/05/2011

My third time hiring this band. It will not be the last. Professional, flexible and FANTASTIC.

Sent on 01/23/2012