Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture Reviews

135 | Raleigh, NC

135 Reviews for Olga's Bridal and Formal Couture

Michelle · Married on 09/09/2017

Olga did a fantastic job on my mother's wedding dress from 41 years ago. She was able to update it to look more modern and I will be wearing it in a few weeks! It turned out better than I was expecting and highly recommend working with Olga.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Caitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Olga was wonderful! She did an amazing job altering my dress and was very accommodating in the process! I would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Heidi · Married on 08/05/2017

When I got engaged, I decided to wear a dress that has been worn in my family for four generations-- it was handmade in 1954 and worn in the same style since. I brought his satin and lace masterpiece to Olga and not only did she treat it with care and respect, she treated it like it was her own. She updated the dress very quickly with expert precision, made it modern, converted it from a button all the way up to a corset back and made a few adjustments so that women from size 2-size 10 could wear it. She made sure this heirloom could be worn by generations to come. Thank you Olga for helping me make cherished memories and helping us continue to make them.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

Olga is the absolute best out there! Just make sure you reach out to her quickly because she books up quickly. Olga restored and altered my mother's wedding dress and it's better than I could have ever imagined or dreamed up. I loved all of her ideas! She also made me a custom veil to match the lace, everything about the experience was amazing and she's so talented! I'm so glad I went to Olga to make my wedding dress experience so perfect!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Jayme · Married on 04/29/2017

Olga (grandmother) came recommended to me by multiple people and I am so glad I found her! My dress was at least 2 sizes too big when it was ordered so alterations were a nightmare. My dress was made of lace and had 7 layers total. Olga had to alter each layer individually, add boning and custom beading, and carefully cut the lace and stitch it back together without noticing. It took multiple appointments and cost more than I expected, but her work was top notch and 100% worth it. Olga transformed my dress so by the end it fit me perfectly like it was made only for me. She worked around my schedule to accommodate me and she listened to my concerns and suggestions. She even did some extra work for free. I would not trust anyone else but the Olga's for wedding dress alterations. THESE LADIES ARE THE BEST and I am forever grateful!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/16/2016

Olga is absolutely amazing! I wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress (originally made by my grandmother), but the style was very outdated. She listened to all of my requests and transformed my dress into a beautiful modern gown that still felt like it was my mom's (and grandmother's)! She went out of her way on many occasions and treated my dress like her own. My dress was beyond perfect when she was finished. I cannot say enough great things about her - I wouldn't go to anyone else!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Heather · Married on 08/20/2016

Olga and her granddaughter, Olga are the best! They were able to do exactly what I wanted, even if they thought it was a strange request! They were very good at explaining what need to be done to achieve each alteration and what would work or wouldn't work. Everything was done in a timely manor and done at a very reasonable rate. I am very thankful to them for taking such care with my dress and being so patient with me. I booked my appointment right after I got my dress to insure that they were available.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2016

Olga & her granddaughter were made to alter dresses. I bought my dress, Lian Carlo design, from a sample sale in SLC, Utah. It was a $4,500 guipure lace gown in a size 12. I am just shy of a 00 (I generally wear Kids 12/14). I found Olga from Google, and she had millions of great reviews. So I put all my trust, and this gown into her hands.. because I wouldn't have been able to buy this gown at full price in my size, or replace it if it got ruined. First, she books quickly; I think I booked about 9 months in advance for my appointments that started 6-8 weeks before the wedding. We sent my gown to get cleaned(since it was a sample, and because she said it might help shrink a little). I was nervous, but it came back in perfect condition. I had 5 fittings altogether. They basically took my gown completely apart and put it back together on me during the fittings, because I was smaller than the manikin. Olga and her granddaughter were super patient, and even reassuring when I called almost in tears after an appointment because I was worried about the final look of my dress. It came out absolutely perfect, and I can't even believe that you aren't able to tell they completely took the dress apart and put it back together. They also made my veil, that was perfect too.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Tammy · Married on 07/06/2016

After many gowns my daughter Macie didn't like any she had tried so she decided that she wanted to redesign my wedding dress that I wore on 11/26/88. So we set out to find someone that would design it exactly the way she wanted it. We tried two other seamstress and were not happy at all with either one. They insisted on doing things to the gown that Macie didn't want done and they were extremely expensive!! We finally found Olga here on the Weddingwire and made an appointment with her. Not only did she do everything that my daughter wanted her to do she also had some ideas that we had not even thought of! Macie was married on 7/6/16 and she was stunning!! Olga was amazing and even changed her calendar around to accommodate our schedule. I would recommend as soon as you find your dress to go ahead and give her a call if it needs alterations! We were amazed at Olga's talent and professionalism! She is truly a gem!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Michelle · Married on 07/02/2016

I came to Olga after I had already visited one other professional who took one look at my mother's dress and said - I can do nothing with this, it's too ruined. I was almost in tears after I had left her but I knew I still had Olga to look at it too. When I first walked in with the dress, Olga gasped and said how beautiful it was which already made me really happy that she recognized how special the dress was. I told her what the first woman had said and she just waved her hand and said 'ah, it's no problem, we can fix this!' When I tried the dress on for her, it was like she was reading my mind. All the alterations I wanted to make to the dress she was pointing out as suggestions. We ended up removing the sleaves and opening the back of the dress, and the rest of the changes were repair and cosmetic. But it was no easy task, the dress was very discolored, stained from pop at my mother's reception, lace falling off, missing beading, and torn from where someone had stepped on it. All of these things, she handled with ease and my favorite part was she got just as excited about the transformation as I did! She ended up using 20 bussel pins because even that detail she wanted to be perfect, and it was. When my mother came down for my final fitting, she couldn't believe that was her dress. In tears she got to see not only her dress renewed and beautiful which she had thought was ruined, but also her daughter wearing it. The dress was my absolute FAVORITE part of my wedding day. I couldn't wait to put it on and everyone commented how beautiful and unique it was. Olga made my wedding a truly memorable experience and I would recommend her to anyone, especially to those who think their dress is just too far gone to save!! Thank you Olga!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Spencer Jane · Married on 06/04/2016

Olga is simply the best. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful and talented she is! Olga is word-of-mouth around Raleigh, NC. My mom and I contacted Olga immediately finding my dress. Do this ASAP because she gets completely booked (because she is THAT good)! Luckily for me, we bought my dress off the rack so we were able to immediately take it to her and probably had more time than most brides do with altering their wedding dress. We saw Olga several times, but depending on what she has to do the dress, you may see her less or more. She is very flexible with your schedule (I live out of town and my mom lives in town) so she worked around my work and social life! She is creative and kind, and somewhat magical to be around. I feel very confident in my dress but there is definitely a special touch that Olga provides. She gave me some great wedding and marriage advice at my final fitting and surprised me with my "something blue" as well. My mom and I could not be more satisfied. Ladies, take your wedding dress to Olga! You will not be disappointed. She was patient in teaching mom how to bustle, too. True talent, Olga! Thank you for making me feel like a princess. I will never forget how special you made me feel. Thank you! Love, Spencer.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Carrie · Married on 05/29/2016

Both of the Olga's were wonderful! My mom and I looked forward to going to every fitting as they transformed my dress to fit me perfectly. Olga's granddaughter, also named Olga, is mainly who I worked with and she was fabulous! She was very quick with the alterations, new exactly how to work with my lace and silk organza, and came up with a beautiful and unique bustle that held throughout the evening! Definitely heed other reviewers advice and call as soon as you have the dress because she books up fast! Very reasonable and worth every penny!

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/21/2016

After hearing so many horror stories about dresses getting ruined, I was nervous to take my dress anywhere. Olga was recommended to us after someone we knew had a dress ruined and they said she was amazing...they weren't kidding! I am so impressed with the work Olga did on my dress!! It fits beautifully now, I couldn't be happier! The alterations were expensive, but I had a lace dress, so that bumped it up a lot (there was a ton of hand-stitching involved). It was well worth it, though, to get it done right! I'm so impressed by Olga's alterations, and I'm going to be recommending her to everyone!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Jillian · Married on 05/07/2016

If you are getting married in the next year, call and book Olga now! She books up extremely quickly, and after seeing her work her magic on my silk organza dress (a very difficult material to work with), I now know why. Not only did she tailor my dress to fit like a glove, she also created a custom bustle for it that was absolutely STUNNING. Olga also fit me in with only a few days notice before my wedding when I noticed that my beaded belt she had sewn on to the dress had come loose. There is not a better seamstress in the state of North Carolina. Thank you, Olga!!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/21/2015

Olga is an unbelievably gifted professional. She was kind enough to move up the time frame of my alterations to accommodate illness within my family & still was able to make my wedding dress perfect with time to spare! She created new kind of bustle that is completely unique to my dress which suits the style perfectly. It creates a back and forth cascading effect when pinned. My mother, the original wearer of my dress, has been delighted throughout the entire process. She was nervous handing over her dress to anyone for alterations but Olga has inspired confidence at every turn. The final product is stunning & I cannot wait to wear it! If you are considering Olga for any type of alteration DO IT! You absolutely will not regret your decision! She is an undeniable expert with an outstanding eye for detail.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Ashley · Married on 11/06/2015

Olga completely transformed my David's Bridal dress and made it into something so much better. I originally came to her devastated because I had gained weight and the dress didnt fit. She was so kind about it and came up with a solution right away. We had several visits and the dress was altered to fit me, not the other way around. When I ended up with severe bronchitis (and in the hospital) 3 weeks before the wedding, i dropped 10lbs fast- and she had to rework the dress to fit me about 9 days before the wedding. She never stressed and was always positive. I loved my dress and got so many compliments on it. Olga is the best. Hands down.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/24/2015

Olga to the rescue! I had a dress emergency the Wednesday prior to my Saturday wedding (my original seamstress could not fix what she had messed up) so I frantically called Olga at the suggestion of my fiancé. That was the best decision I could have ever made. Olga told me to come to her right away and as soon as I arrived, she jumped into action and let me know what needed to be done to have my dress perfect. Without hesitation, she moved some things around on her calendar to fit me in! I picked my dress up on Friday evening and it was perfect - and I got so many compliments on it! I only wish that I had gone to Olga from the beginning! Olga is very kind, personable, and professional and she is truly a master at her craft (she's one of those people that's good at what they do because they genuinely love it)! I will definitely recommend Olga to others!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Brianne · Married on 10/03/2015

Olga is simply amazing! She is a perfectionist who knows what she is doing. The detail she put into my dress went above and beyond. The bustle she created was beautiful. I absolutely would recommend her to everyone. My dress fit like a glove and was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Beth · Married on 09/07/2015

I booked Olga well in advance and it was totally worth it. She made my dress fit like a glove, added a little oomph in the upper half (or as she called it gave me a "boob job"), and made it so my strapless dress did not slip an inch all night. The bustle turned out beautiful and highlighted the beadwork on my dress. I wouldn't trust a wedding dress to anyone else.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Kate · Married on 08/29/2015

Olga (Granddaughter) Did my alterations and she was incredible! She took my all lace and beaded mermaid dress from a Size 14 to a size 8. She did a stunning 12 point bustle and even voluteered to come bustle it for me if my bridesmaids couldnt manage! Olga was kind and thorough she explained everything she was doing and why and kept my alterations budget in mind! She does all her work by hand and its obvious she truly loves what she does. I cant thank her enough for making my dress fit like a glove ( complete w a blue heart sewn in!) Olga is a treasure I highly recommend her and her grandmother. Book your first fitting when you order the dress she books up fast!!

Thank you Olga for making me feel like a princess on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/14/2015

I write to offer my highest recommendation of Olga to any bride-to-be seeking truly exceptional tailoring services for her wedding dress. First of all, as I am sure every busy bride will appreciate, Olga was incredibly accommodating of my hectic schedule (I live and work out of state) by letting me come in over the weekend so I wouldn't have to miss work. She then managed to tailor my dress, start to finish, over the course of a single Saturday and Sunday (no small feat!) so I wouldn't have to make yet another trip down to Raleigh. Most importantly, however, the results are absolutely phenomenal. Olga turned my standard store-bought dress (which was too big in several places) into a perfectly fitted, stunning dress with a unique bustle that I am so thrilled to get to wear on my upcoming wedding day! Olga truly is continuing her grandmother's reputation of outstanding, top-quality bridal alterations with excellent customer service. Olga is a great person and vendor to work with, and I am so glad I went to her! Thanks, Olga! - Liz T.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Mallory · Married on 12/13/2014

Olga is simply the BEST! She is amazing to work with, TOTALLY knows what she is doing and so reasonably priced for the love and detail she puts into her bride's dresses. I absolutely would recommend her to ANYONE for anything-- no job is too big for Olga to handle. My dress fit like a glove, was the most perfect length, and had an awesome bustle that help up after an entire evening of dancing! Literally, words can't describe how perfect she is at her profession! LOVE HER!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Linda · Married on 11/08/2014

Olga is an artist with a needle and thread. She took my 40-year old wedding gown, had it cleaned, and created a new bodice with sleeves reserving every stitch of lace from the original dress. It was the same gown, yet different, better suited to my daughter and today's times. She can do anything! She is worth every penny that she charges and you will never be disappointed.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Hallie · Married on 10/25/2014

Using Olga was the BEST decision we made in bridal attire for our wedding. She is attentive, intelligent and will make you look and feel like a model, all without breaking your budget. I loved every interaction with her -- she took the stress and worry over my dress completely out of the equation and I would recommend her over any other seamstress in the entire Southeast.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Hannah · Married on 10/17/2014

Olga's granddaughter, also named Olga, worked on my dress and she did an AMAZING job. My dress was over 2 sizes too big and all lace. Olga hemmed the lace and lining, which included removing the lace trim and replacing it, and it was perfect! The length was just right and you couldn't tell she removed and replaced the trim. It also had to be taken in a considerable amount and it turned out great. She added a 4 point bustle which looked so beautiful, unfortunately my mom was unable to figure it out at the wedding, which is no Olga's fault by any means. I only mention it because would suggest video taping when Olga trains you how to pin it! Lastly, Olga is very nice and reasonably priced!

Sent on 12/08/2014