Nick Kessler Photography Reviews

20 | New York, NY

20 Reviews for Nick Kessler Photography

Angie · Married on 05/21/2016

Our pictures ARE AMAZING. Also, Nick Kessler is an awesome guy. He's basically the person we spent the most time with at the wedding and he made us feel comfortable and at ease. I wanted something beyond the regular soft-lensed pretty wedding pictures and this guy delivered in spades. He's an artist. Our pictures are beyond cool. We got married in May which is at the beginning of the wedding season and it took us about 6 weeks to get our pictures back -- actually faster than what I was expecting. I can't say enough about Nick -- hire him, you won't be sorry.

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/18/2014

Out of the two of us, my husband is the photography guru, and he personally requested Nick to be our wedding photographer. And oh my gosh am I happy with that request. Nick created a custom package for our wedding; he was completely flexible and responsive and was willing to meet us anywhere we wanted for our engagement shoot. We had multiple Skype meetings and went over the timeline and my requests, and he had a lot of helpful timeline comments and suggestions due to experience.

My husband is not necessarily photogenic...and prefers "candid" shots. Therefore I've never really been able to get an awesome picture of him containing a genuine smile. But we have never taken such good photos as we have with Nick! Nick's photos are - amazing. I am literally staring at them while back at work. Saying that I am happy with them is an understatement. Thank you Nick!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Marshie · Married on 08/10/2012

Nick is an extremely talented artistic photographer. He puts his heart into everything he does. I am so lucky that we were able to spend the happiest day of our life with someone that we get along with so well. He delivered so many breathtaking accounts of our wedding day. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Cristina · Married on 06/24/2012

When people see my wedding photos, the first thing they want to know is "wow! who was your photographer?" That's because Nick Kessler lives and breathes his photography and cares a lot about the couples he works with and their vision for the day. He is clearly a professional with not only superior technical skill, but an artistic eye. He has mastered taking pictures in any type of lighting. The best part about working with Nick is his personality. He got along with the entire wedding party so well, I did not feel like he was someone I hired but more like another friend at the wedding that was sharing in our joy just as much as every one of our guests. I would recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 12/28/2012

Nick Kessler was my wedding photographer. I was a little concerned that Nick shoots weddings by himself without an assitant because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to capture everything. Boy was I wrong! Nick was fantastic and everyone at my wedding loved him. I even had one of my guests telling me "Your photographer is everywhere!" during the reception. He really makes sure he captures everything and must get an amazing workout at the same time! I don't know how he jumps around from place to place so fast but he did it. Nick is also extremely responsive. Almost every time I would email him I'd receive a response within the hour. Nick was recommended to us by another friend and we couldn't be happier we chose him as our wedding photographer. He truley loves photography and takes pride in his work. We would highly recommend...

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/07/2012

I'm the mother of the bride and couldn't be more pleased with Nick. He was wonderful and made sure we had all the pictures we wanted and came up with some great ideas!! I've only seen some preliminary but they are great!!!!!!! Nick you are the best!!! If you want a great photographer then hire Nick!!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2011

Nick was awesome in every aspect of photographing our wedding and engagement pictures. He was very professional, easygoing, and flexible. The best part, however, is the pictures!! I had several guests at my wedding wishing that they had Nick instead of whichever photographer they used. One of my bridesmaids wanted to recreate her wedding so that Nick could do the photography. I am so glad we used Nick for our wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Carrie · Married on 11/06/2010

As soon as we met Nick, we knew we wanted him to photograph our wedding. He was very easy to talk to and we instantly felt comfortable with him. Nick photographs weddings by himself but no need to worry that he won't capture every moment; he told us he would look at the venues before (if it were a place he was not familiar with). All of our family members and friends couldn't believe how he could be in so many places-we received so many compliments about him from how professional he was to how comfortable everyone felt with him. He was also very easy to schedule times to meet-i have a job where it is difficult to leave during the day and he met us on weekends or after work; communication through email made all of this even easier! The album quality is outstanding; once we received the album, he gave us all of our pictures on CD. We cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Nick except that we hope you pick him too!

Sent on 11/04/2011

Cristin · Married on 09/04/2010

Nick Kessler photographed our wedding on September 4. To say that Nick did an excellent job would be an understatement. He was professional, made everyone feel comfortable, captured amazing shots and balanced the "formal" shots our parents wanted and the creativity we were looking for. He has a great eye for detail ...and i extraordinariliy talented. He is fun and we just had a blast with him. When the pictures came back (very quickly!), they just took my breath away. Hands down, the best investment of our wedding. Thanks Nick!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Billy · Married on 08/01/2010

Nick Kessler did an absolutely spectacular job photographing our wedding! When we began looking for photographers, it was very important to my wife and I that we find a person with ample experience and knowledge of his or her craft. We found that there are many qualified photographers out there, but many of them tout their knowledge and experience over finding out about the bride and groom and providing a package that specifically fits their needs. Nick met with us prior to the wedding so that he could have a good understanding of our wishes and desires. He used his knowledge and experience to propose ideas and gave us tips to help the photography run more smoothly on the wedding day (less time sitting, more time celebrating!). He did an excellent job balancing the traditional while introducing the creative element to our wedding pictures. When we got our photos back, we were simply amazed. It was easily the best investment we made towards our wedding. If you talk to a bride and groom after their wedding, they will generally tell you that the whole thing flies by so quickly that it’s difficult to remember what even happened. Thanks to Nick, we have a beautiful collection of memories from our wedding day. Thank you so much, Nick Kessler!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Amanda & David · Married on 09/26/2009

I have know Nick for many years and when it came time for my husband and I to pick a photographer he was the first and only person that came to mind. Nick is fantastic. He has an artist's eye. He is very detailed oriented and unbelievable. Not only will you have great photos of your wedding but you will have great photos of all the little details that you tend to miss b/c you are talking to everyone. He helps you re-live your ceremony and reception over and over again. Please visit his website and see for yourself. www.nickkesslerphotography.com

Sent on 10/07/2009

Emily · Married on 10/25/2008

I can't say enough good things about Nick's work. He delivered a collection of wedding photos to us that exceeded our expectations. Everyone enjoyed his easy-going personality, and he was able to connect with all of our guests to get the best shots possible. He also shot my bridal portraits and they came out better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Jennifer · Married on 08/28/2008

I have to say that I was blown away when I got our pictures from Nick. HE WAS AMAZING!!!!!! He is very easy going and everyone at our wedding loved him. I look at my pictures every day and they still amaze me at how beautiful they are. He is truly an artist and would reccomend him to any one who wants beautiful pictures for a reasonable price.

Sent on 12/03/2009

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2008

Nick worked so well with everyone in the wedding. There were so many personalities to work with and he did exceptionally well. He is so creative and really got some beautiful shots of us before, during, and after the wedding. He is so nice and easy to work with. I would recommend him to ANYONE. We are acutally getting him to do my sisters Senior portraits! Check out his site... www.nickkesslerphotography.com. He is well worth it!

Sent on 08/12/2008

Tiffany · Married on 10/20/2012

Nick was such a great photographer from our engagement photos all the way to our wedding. The photos were better than I could have expected with an artistic quality reserved for anything but a wedding and he was always responsive with questions.

Sent on 12/29/2012
  • Chrystal

Chrystal · Married on 05/27/2012

Great to work with and provided us with great photos! Thanks for the memories :)

Sent on 09/03/2012

3.0
      2.5
      1.5
      3.5
      2.5

Overall, Nick did provide beautiful work in the end. However, the waiting you will do before you get your pictures is really not worth the stress. We had a similar situation to one reviewer on here who had to contact other people Nick works with (because Nick would not respond to repeated messages from us) to have them encourage Nick on our behalf, to send us our pictures. It took about 5 months, but we did eventually receive our pictures.

Sent on 02/29/2016

2.0
      3.0
      0.5

I had no intention of writing a negative review; I was prepared to let my experience pass without raising a fuss. However, after seeing another review and after I was contacted by a stranger yesterday who was asking me about my experience with Nick because of her own (very recent) negative experience, I thought other brides deserved fair warning. I got married 3 years ago and we were extremely happy with the engagement photos and wedding photos that were posted online. The problems started after the wedding. Despite the fact that we had paid the contract in full prior to the wedding, it took 2 YEARS for use to receive our digital, high res photos and photo albums that were a part of the package we purchased. When we did receive the photos and albums, there were absolutely beautiful, but there was no excuse for the 2-year wait, the stress, and the hassle it took to get them.

On a sidenote: The person who contacted me said they got married 2 months ago. They have yet to receive their photos and Nick is ignoring their calls and e-mails.

If you choose to go with Nick, he's a nice guy and he definitely has an eye for this art, but beware that you may be waiting a long time for your pictures. In my opinion, no part of your wedding should be this needlessly stressful.

Sent on 10/20/2015

1.2
      0.0
      0.0

We used Nick for our July wedding in 2015. He was great prior to the wedding and on wedding day. After the wedding, he went totally silent for over 4 months. Wouldn't respond to emails, calls, or text messages. Letters to his address even bounced back to us. We finally emailed some of his work colleagues and they contacted him for us, in which he then quickly delivered our photos to us. We were really heart broken over all of this. I would not recommend Nick to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2016

0.4
      0.5

Beware of hiring Nick Kessler as your wedding photographer!! He seemed like a great photographer before the wedding and even during it- but afterwards he fell off the face of the planet and we never received our wedding album. After numerous attempts to contact Nick and work with him, he became unresponsive. If you want your wedding album, be prepared to take Nick to court. I really regret having him as our photographer now. Years later and we have no album to look back at.

Sent on 01/25/2016