Mystic Photography Reviews

Mystic Photography 2
  • Stephanne

Stephanne · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful experience!

Jim did an incredible job with our wedding. First, he was amazingly patient during our engagement shoot with our two dogs. Then, the day of the wedding, an absolute professional, worked wonderfully well with all the other vendors, even those he hadn’t worked with before. Made sure that the shots we wanted were captured and took charge when necessary to make sure our day was captured perfectly. So glad we had Jim with us for our day!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Dan · Married on 03/17/2018

Planning for a wedding is very stressful. We certainly felt this, which is why Jim is a great choice. Throughout the whole process, he was professional, punctual, and personal. We texted regularly for almost a year, molding our perfect day exactly how we wanted. I knew we selected the right photographer after the engagement photo shoot. My family couldn't stop talking about the pictures! (Especially my grandmother, who took a particular liking to one of the photos, saying that it was the best photo ever taken of us!)
    On the big day, Jim and his assistant were well concealed, and were not intrusive at all. It is strange to me how they both pulled that off because the incredible photos taken were so close up! They captured everything. Thanks to them and their stellar photography, we now have over one thousand moments preserved for eternity! I will end my review with an email I received from my parents a week ago after they viewed our wedding album:

"Finished looking at the pictures. They are beautiful. The photographer caught every moment, every glance every expression. He was excellent. We have such happy memories of that day!!Thank you for sharing. I think we have a photographer to recommend …..love always, Mom and Dad"

Thank you Jim!!!!!

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Mystic Photography 3

Joni · Married on 10/08/2017

Jim was amazing to work with! We started working with him for our engagement shoot and right from the first time we met, we both walked away feeling so comfortable! Jim helped to make our big day smooth and captured one of the best day of our lives. We received both our engagement and wedding photos in a timely matter that both my husband and I were very impressed with! If you’re looking for a great photographer who’s flexible, open minded, kindhearted, creative, and fun to work with, Jim and his crew are who you want!!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Marcie · Married on 09/30/2017

I have not only used them for my engagement and wedding photos, but I have attended a few wedding that have as well. These guys are not only professional and talented, they are super personable! They really capture all of your moments and make a stressful day relaxing and let you enjoy every minute of your special day. I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable couple to work with!

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Mystic Photography 4

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2017

We absolutely loved having Jim as our photographer for both our wedding photography and our engagement photo shoot. He is truly an accommodating and professional photographer. He will get any shot that you could request. Also his wedding photos are absolutely beautiful, he is truly an artist with a keen eye for photography.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Christine · Married on 06/18/2016

Jen and Brian were amazing! They did such a good job in making sure that every picture we wanted to take was done. They kept the camera up all day, and made sure we were happy and comfortable for all of the pictures.. They went wherever we wanted them to go! They took tons of pictures and were very patient in pictures as we had never done them before. Best decision we made!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Micah · Married on 06/08/2016

I knew of Jim's work as he did a great job with my brother's wedding as well as another friend's in the past. Jim met with us to discuss the details and understand our requests. My wife and I had a small ceremony with our families in attendance. We took photos at the ceremony location as well as two other spots. Jim was very accommodating of our plan to take photos in multiple locations. The pictures came out great. I would recommend Mystic Photo/Video to anyone seeking quality and professional photos!

Sent on 07/20/2016

dale · Married on 10/10/2015

James was absolutely amazing!!!!!! He by far was our favorite vendor that we hired for our special day. He was so accommodating and made sure we got every picture we wanted and did it all without us even knowing he was doing them. He's got a great team of photographers that are just as professional that will take amazing pictures from different angles so you'll get every veiw from your special day.....originally we were scheduled to have James and his sister (mystic photography truly is a family run business) as our 2 photographers but unfortunately Jen had just broken her ankle right before our wedding so her husband Brian stepped up in her place and was just as amazing as James. We just got our photos back and they were everything we wanted plus some......you won't find a better value in photography then with Mystic photography......we look forward to working with them In the future again!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2015

I had a great experience with mystic and loved my engagement photos. I am currently waiting for my wedding pics but am in love with my teasers so I know they'll be amazing!!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Heather · Married on 09/12/2015

We used Mystic to photograph my Bridal Shower. Jim captured some great moments during the shower, and it was great to have him there so none of the guests had to take time away from enjoying the event! Greg and Leah provided Videography for our wedding ceremony and reception. They were easy to work with, and worked really well with our photographer. The video is beautiful and is WORTH EVERY PENNY! We were able to share the video with family that was unable to come to the ceremony, and we will be able to watch the ceremony on our anniversary for years to come. We are so thankful for this video, it is perfect!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Laura · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I did not even second guess calling Mystic Photo/Video when we got engaged to do our engagement and wedding photos. They photographed my sister and brother in laws wedding 2 years ago and we were so impressed with how they worked and how gorgeous their photos came out. Jim and Brian were phenominal at our wedding! They were professional throughout the whole event. They worked around everything and were extremely flexible to make sure they got the perfect pictures. My main concern was not missing our cocktail hour with photos and Jim and Brian both stuck to our timeline ( even when we made adjustments!). Our pictures came out beyond our expectations! Both are always answering any questions we have promptly! Thank you!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/31/2015

Jim responded to my inquiry through the Mystic Photo site very fast. We met at Jim's studio and my husband and I felt comfortable with Jim as soon as we met him- we booked him right away! We could tell that Jim loves what he does, he responded very quickly whenever I had questions leading up to the wedding, and we felt like our wedding was highly important to him. Kathleen was Jim's assistant at our wedding and was also very pleasant and easy to work with. We hardly knew they were there (they do a great blend of posing and candid shots) but we have so many pictures to prove it! Since your wedding day will be such a whirlwind, trust Jim at Mystic Photo to get the important pictures and just relax and have fun!

Sent on 06/24/2015

We were married on October 4th at the Albany Country Club. We could not have asked for more from our photographers. They started taking pictures around 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon and didn't stop until around 11 that night. Thank you for all your hard work!! The photos look amazing!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014

I want to thank Mystic Photo/Video for helping make our wedding a special one. When things got busy and hectic Mystic was very professional & reassured us that everything was going to be ok. They are friendly and very caring. They worked quietly and were never in the way. I would recommend them to anyone. Can't wait to order our wedding album!!

Sent on 10/22/2014

We were married last month and Mystic Photo/Video did a beautiful job with our photos and video!! They worked together as a team and did not get in the way. We have so many photos to choose from. It could take us a whole year to finish choosing which ones to print. We can not be any happier with that day or with the photos and video that they captured for us.

Kara · Married on 09/05/2014

Jim and Katie were wonderful. They were professional, fun, and engaged our guests.

Jim called us about one month before the wedding to go over all our plans. On our wedding day he arrived with a list of everything we had discussed on the phone and he took seriously the responsibility of getting every shot we had asked for.

Our priest appreciated that they were unobtrusive and respectful at the ceremony. They still got great shots. Our families loved them. They were friendly and engaging. We loved them. They were never pushy and they were always right where they needed to be. They took shots that we didn't even know that we wanted until we saw them. They had several requests for their business cards. Everyone was impressed.

The pictures came out great. Some of the shots were creative, some traditional, all look very professional. That's exactly what we asked for. Jim and Katie each have their own unique style. We were surprised by how differently their pictures came out when we saw the finished product. It is definitely worth having both of them.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Amanda · event on 08/31/2014

I like the professional service. Jim Cameron is always friendly and great to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2014

We just watched our wedding video and LOVE IT!!! We could not have asked for a better crew to document our special day. Thank you a million times :)

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2014

Jim, Jen & Brian,
    Thank you all so much for your awesome videography/photography skills!! We absolutely loved our video & pictures and our family couldn't be more thrilled. You were all very professional and so great to work with! You all went above and beyond our expectations. I will recommend you in a heartbeat. Thanks again for the great work and getting our video/pictures to us so fast!

Sent on 10/22/2014

My husband and I were married on May 24, 2014, and we could not be happier with the photos. They are absolutely beautiful in every way. In half of them we did not even know the camera was there and that's what makes it so great. Jim and Brian you did an amazing job!!!!
    Now we have tons of memory's for the years to come!
    Meggan & John

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jim and Brian were fantastic at our August wedding. A friend recommended them and they were a great choice. We met with Brian for our engagement photos a few months after booking them. He was extremely flexible with scheduling and location. Prior to the wedding Brian suggested we put together a list of photos we wanted and come the day of the wedding, Brian and Jim did a great job of working from the list.

It was great to have 2 photographers available for the entire day and we didn't have to worry about photography at all. They made a great team, were creative with poses, and were well prepared for the venues and a sparkler picture! I am so happy that we selected Mystic Photo/Video for our wedding photographers!!!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Robyn · Married on 07/28/2012

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. I really enjoyed that they were all family because they knew how to work together. Jen and Brian were our photographers and Jim was our videography. They were fun, creative and the pictures look amazing. They were very flexible and did all the photos I requested. Very easy to work with and captured the night perfectly.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2012

Great to work with!
    Has fun ideas for photos on your day.
    You get 2 photographers for you day and they cover everything, so you really capture the fun moments.

Sent on 08/04/2012
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 10/09/2011

Jim came all the way from Albany to photograph our Cooperstown, NY wedding. He was extremely professional, available by phone and email (with very quick responses), and stayed all day, making sure he got every single shot we could have possibly wanted (and more!)! He is very down-to-earth, making him easy to get along with, and has great shot ideas!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Jessica · Married on 11/13/2010

We were married on November 13th, 2010 and LOVED having Mystic Photo as our photographers! Jim and Brian did a wonderful job and were soooo easy to work with. I was a very "involved" bride, to put it mildly, and Jim was so quick at returning my emails full of questions... I really appreciated that! :-) We had so many compliments from friends and family on our wedding day in regards to the laid back, easy going attitude of our photographers and how comfortable every body felt... even those who typically hate to have their picture taken! And I truly think that the end results speak for themselves... our pictures are gorgeous and we are going to have such a hard time deciding which ones to frame! On top of that, Mystic Photo was soooo reasonably priced compared to other photographers we looked at... you just can't beat this value. THANKS so much to Jim and Brian for doing such a wonderful job... we will recommend you to anyone who asks for wedding photographers!

Sent on 02/26/2011