Michaud's Catering & Event Center Reviews

71 | Strongsville, OH

71 Reviews for Michaud's Catering & Event Center

• User4520788 · 2+ years ago

A little outdated but relatively inexpensive and allows you to bring in your own alcohol which saves on cost. Could get pretty crowded if multiple wedding receptions are going on during te same evening.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Great budget-friendly location in Cleveland! Cost of this venue is is so affordable, which is the reason we selected it. BYOB was the best feature. The food was okay, nothing to write home about, but not terrible either. The hall is a bit dated, but entry-way is nice. It poured down rain during our reception, and the lobby and a few of the rooms there actually flooded, which affected some of the other receptions there, but luckily not ours.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Michaud's Catering & Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your review! While It is true that due to the torrential downpour that evening, our lobby did sustain some flooding as well as much of Strongsville had flooding issues. We were able to contain what flooding we had and are happy to report that none of our banquet rooms, nor any of the receptions that evening had any flooding occur. Second, we're sorry to hear that the food was just okay, and not great. We do our best to provide quality, great tasting foods at reasonable prices for all of our guests. Once again, thank you for the feedback as we are constantly trying to improve the overall experience here at Michaud's. Best wishes to you both!

Jessica · Married on 12/13/2014

They were very nice. they helped us with our menu and picking out table linen. I was upset that they changed our room we booked without telling us. We picked the room because of the natural wood, well they didn't tell us that they were going to remodel and paint everything white. the food was amazing and there was plenty of it for seconds.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

3.5

Any time we had questions they responded quickly and with answers that made sense. The place is a banquet hall and there were numerous weddings that night but that didn't bother us at all. The food was good, came out in time, and the banquet manager that attended us was amazing. She was there throughout the night and checked on us numerous times.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Renee · Married on 05/29/2016

3.0

Cheapest place in the area and you would never know it. Don't have the wedding on a Saturday to save big time and see if they have a booking special coming up. I booked in March and I could pick any room free.

Sent on 09/14/2016

David · Married on 08/07/2004

The experience they provided was excellent. Friendly representatives. Food was great. Establishment did not provide alcohol, They would serve it but you had to buy it and bring it to establishment. I liked this though, because I could control exactly what drinks were being served.

Sent on 04/03/2008

Derek · Married on 06/09/2007

4.2

Food was excellent, everyone loved it. They had a lot of price options for food, and they were all inclusive of everything but liquor, including food, service, tax, tip, you name it! I recommend to anyone on a budget!

Sent on 07/24/2007

Holli · Married on 07/08/2000

4.2

We had the grand ballroom with 300 people. The food was great, the price was good and the room was beautiful. Large dance floor, 2 bars. We had our pictures taken in the outdoor garden area which was really nicely landscaped. Everything went well. I recommend it.

Sent on 01/05/2008

3.0

We had a wedding with approximately 200 guests. The service was fantastic; the food was good, the managers informed us of the presence of a security camera and police officer in order to address potential security issues. The outdoor area was great for the ceremony, however the seating was somewhat limited due to the layout. The interior was VERY dated,

Sent on 06/02/2013

April · Married on 07/21/2012

3.0

We had a great time at our wedding. We had our ceremony in the courtyard and the reception in the regency room. Michaud's did a great job. We were not allowed to take any left-overs home and they took the food away very quickly which I was not happy about. The decor and overall look is a little outdated but other than that I have few complaints.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/16/2010

3.0

I thought that Michaud's did a lovely job with our reception. I think that we had the best banquet manager ever...her name is Debbie, she was great!! The food was very good, the servers and staff were all very kind and easy to work with. Our room (Dubbonet) was beautiful. The only thing I might change is some of the decor is quite dated, but honestly it was a lovely reception and we got great bang for our buck. I would recommend Michaud's....especially if you have a budget and yet you still want a very nice and classy event.

Sent on 05/13/2010

rachel · Married on 09/13/2008

great food.

Sent on 12/10/2008

Meredith · Married on 07/30/2005

3.0

We had used the outdoors for the ceremony. We enjoyed that. The decorations were a little tacky. The food was okay. We had originally ordered some chicken with fruit sauce and never received the sauce so the chicken was plain and they never compensated us for that. They claimed thats how it comes all the time.

Sent on 09/29/2008
  • User2719725 · 2+ years ago

3.6
      3.0

Food was yummy, people were friendly and my reception was great! There are just a few issues they don't make concessions for. Overall I would reccommend them.

Sent on 10/17/2012

matt · Married on 07/01/2012

3.4
      3.5

They are somewhat flexible on things, but at times we couldn't get ahold of the bartender for cups of water. I feel everything was on par for the price you pay here. Don't expect exceptional service, but also don't expect horrible service. I would recommend them to people looking for an average priced place.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2017

3.2
      3.0

Our wedding was on August 26th 2017. During the whole wedding planning process we worked with Christine she was just wonderful. Very helpful, caring, and very professional. on August 25th we had our rehearsal from 5:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m. Our ceremony was out in there court yard so that is where we were rehearsing. Quarter to 6 a bunch of guests from another wedding came out very rudely interfering with our rehearsal. Granted we were doing one more run just to make sure everyone was good. But it was very wrong for the staff of Michauds to allow that to happen. I had a time blocked for the court yard to do my rehersal and it was interrupted. The day of the wedding we had a 4:30 to 5 ceremony. We ended a little before 5 and we were saying hello to all of our guests as they went into our reception room for a cocktail hour. we had about 10 guests left when another wedding party came out walked right passed us and our guests to take pictures. After our guest went inside we had reserved the court yard to take pictures since it was our cocktail hour. My husband and father in law brought it up to the manager on duty that there was another wedding party in the court yard when we had it reserved it from 5 pm to 6 pm. At first she did argue that it was not in our contract but that was something we discussed with Christine. Whether she put it in the contract or not we are not sure. After loosing out on several minutes of time to do our pictures the other bridal party went back to their room. Then we were able to start ours. We did not get to take pictures all over the court yard like we wanted to due to the other bridal party, the was a lot of miscommunication between the staff when it came to our rehearsal and wedding day. If you are going to use Michauds be aware that they do have other weddings going on, and make sure it is in your contract if you have something reserved so you do not run into the issues we did.

Sent on 09/11/2017

I was at a wedding there on May 25 2014
    The hall and the service was great,
    But it was the worst food I've ever tasted at a wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2014

rachel · Married on 09/13/2008

2.8
      2.5

Bartenders were not professional at all. We had two... didn't seem to know what they were doing. Someone who worked for Michaud's turned on the heat (we got married in September- AC weather in a Hall)

Sent on 09/26/2008

Jen · Married on 08/11/2012

1.8
      1.5
      2.0
      3.0

1) I specifically chose the "Grand Ballroom" at Michaud's because I wanted to have my wedding ceremony on the staircase which Chuck (and I think Doris is her name--the booking managers) both knew. This space was about $500 more than any other space to reserve, and we also had a minimum of paying for 250 heads because it was a large space. We would never have invited that many to our wedding, but I wanted my dream wedding of getting married on a staircase. Chuck called only two months before the wedding to let us know they'd be doing construction on the room, and we would no longer be able to use the stairs for the ceremony (they are tearing them down). I reminded him that the stairs and chandeliers were the main reason we went with their venue and he told me he knew that but they should have realized it was a safety concern and he mentioned the contract we signed states something about construction being able to take place and changes can happen…bla bla bla. He wasn't willing to make any concessions, even though I pleaded they wait until after my wedding, or take some money off of the price since this completely changed the vision of the wedding, etc. I asked to speak to the owner and he said I couldn't do that and they are building a shorter stage in place of the stairs that we can use. I was crushed. 2) The construction of the stage was NOT finished until late afternoon ON THE DAY OF MY WEDDING, which made it very difficult to decorate. In addition, we couldn’t use the stage for rehearsal and timing the night before. We had to work like dogs to finish getting the stage decorated on time and the mother of the bride didn't even have time to get her hair done. 3) Doris was always very abrasive and rude. Chuck did the initial walkthrough, and then she plays bad cop. 4) The outside garden for our pictures was brown and hardly any flowers that summer. 5) The food was awful, hardly seasoned and cold. 6) They cut electricitity and our last song mid song.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2008

0.8
      1.0

Let's see where to begin...during our greeting of guests we were constantly bombarded with someone asking for our remaining balance of 60.00 that was due. Kept pulling me and groom away from reception until this matter was taken care of or as quoted "could not proceed further".

Then when we sat down to eat 2 of the groomsmen had to sit with there backs facing the guests along with a bridedsmaid had to do the same. Table was uneven.

Food was not good, chicken was not cooked correctly (raw, bloody), we ordered beeftips not beef gravy..it was like something that should have been put over bread.

We cut wedding cake but it took them over 1hr and a half to starting the cake for guests, some didn't even get cake that is how long it took them to cut it.
    When asked why it took so long they advised didn't have enough people to cover all 8 of there rooms for that night.

Sent on 06/16/2008

Nicki · Married on 11/06/2010

The WORST do not use!
    Served my guests RAW food on ice cold plates!
    Ran out of vegetables!
    3 cars were broken into!
    Security guards failed to stop another party's drunk guest from cursing at my party, calling me, the bride, a bi**h.
    Never called to apologize!
    DO NOT USE!!