82 Reviews for Matt Bigelow Photography

Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
Save the Date (1)
80 Matt Bigelow Photography Reviews

Matt and his team are SUPER talented, and we are beyond thrilled with the photos and the whole experience. If you’re considering hiring Matt, DO IT! Matt genuinely cares about his clients and his work, and he produces nothing but excellent results. We live out of state, but Matt made the planning process stress-free for both engagement photos and the wedding day. He is very responsive, flexible and professional. We travelled to Indiana for our engagement photos and the weather ended up being terrible, but Matt was very flexible with rescheduling quickly so we didn’t have to make another trip to Indiana. The weather forecast for the wedding day in Indiana was storms and rain, so he helped identify offsite photo location options for rain or shine, which put our minds at ease. It stormed on our wedding day yet we had a window of opportunity to shoot photos outside and they turned out better than I ever would have imagined for a rainy wedding day! In fact, the pictures are perfect!! Not to mention, I am usually NOT comfortable in front of a camera, but this wasn’t the case! Matt and his team fit in like part of our family, and we had a total blast with them. Such great people to the core! I could go on and on! :)

Profile Picture Brianne, 5/11/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt took our engagement photos in November 2017 in Chicago and was beyond wonderful. His eye for the perfect shot is out of this world. He was responsive, punctual, and creative. Not only do his stunning photos speak for themselves, but he was absolutely wonderful to spend the afternoon with. He's fun, kind and made us feel incredibly comfortable. We couldn't be happier with the beautiful pictures he captured of this exciting time of our life and would recommend Matt to anyone, and look forward to doing so in the future! I keep trying to come up with other things we can hire Matt to come take pictures of - we honestly loved him that much!

Profile Picture Lisa , 4/26/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

We has such a wonderful time working with Matt! Words can't express how creative, energetic, and easy to work with he is. We recommend him 110%! He was instantly part of the family and he captured A-M-A-Z-I-N-G moments for both our engagement session and our wedding day. Matt's personality and easy going demeanor made the experience fantastic :) Having him as our photographer was the best choice we made, and we're so excited to have such a wonderful collection of photos to look back on from out special day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Just WoW. Matt has a wonderful eye for photography. He brings a very high amount of energy to the entire experience. That is what i liked most about Matt. He kept people laughing and charged up the entire day. Very fun to work with. We did have the lighting assistant and an extra photographer with our package.

Profile Picture Grant, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was seriously the one thing we were not worried about the day of our wedding! He is an extremely talented photographer, a great guy, and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, or any event really. The people he chose to assist him for both our engagement photos and our wedding day were so amazing, and the entire crew was a blast to work with. They made the day fun and flawless. Our families loved the energy Matt and team brought throughout the entire day!! We loved Matt’s creativity in both situations when we had crazy ideas and when we had absolutely no clue what we wanted to do. He is meticulous with every step of the process. It is clear that Matt knows what he is doing and the price point is perfectly aligned to his magnificent talents!

Profile Picture Catherine, 1/27/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

Matt was everything and more than what we expected! We have seen his work for years. It was my one "must have" as a bride. His work is jaw-dropping. From our pre-planning meeting to our last meeting the week of our wedding, he had everything covered. He has many location shoot ideas, a creative eye, and a personality that made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. We cannot wait to see our wedding photos.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt Bigelow was amazing to work with! Matt and his team first and foremost respected what we wanted to have done for the photographs. They had amazing ideas based on the wedding location for some tremendous shots. They spent all day with us and captured both formal and informal photographs.

Matt and his team also have an amazing ability to make taking photos for hours FUN and ENJOYABLE!!! My husband and his groomsmen also commented on how fun the afternoon was (not an easy job to pull them away from College football and enjoy being photographed), but they did it.

We would highly recommend Matt Bigelow for anyone wanting to have an amazing photography experience!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was the most amazing photographer! He was so warm and welcoming from the first day we met, and he made me and my entire bridal party feel completely comfortable! The shots he captured were breathtaking. I would recommend him to any bride in need of a photographer!

Profile Picture Vanavia, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I'm so glad we chose Matt to be our wedding photographer! He went out of his way to get some really cool shots- even going to a strangers house to see if we could use their barn for our pictures. He was so professional and made us very comfortable. He never seemed like he was tired of us and even checked with me multiple times before leaving for the night. Our package included engagement pictures and save the dates and they were exactly what we wanted. Choosing someone who will photograph a huge event like a wedding is a daunting task but when we came across Matt's work and then read about his reputation, our choice was easy. So glad Matt was our wedding photographer!

Profile Picture sarah, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't have picked a better photographer!!! I'm so happy Matt was available to shoot our big day. He truly brings life to his work, and every picture I see is a masterpiece!! Plus, he has an amazing ability at making people comfortable during their photos shoots. My husband and I always hated posing for photos, but Matt captured our personalities and made our experience exciting and fun!!! I will always recommend Matt Bigelow to everyone! I have received a crazy amount of compliments on our pictures!!!! Seriously, if he's available for your special day, book him! You will not regret it!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Matt Bigelow Photography was a pleasure! Matt made my wedding party and I feel so comfortable and fit right into our special day! He added a sense of relief and comfort on such a crazy, hectic day. My husband and I really enjoyed having him around and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! Matt has a true talent not only behind the camera but working with people as well. We had a blast at our wedding and thank him so much for being so amazing!!!

Profile Picture Marianthi, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do we begin? Matt is extremely professional, helpful, and amazing! He knows how to make you laugh if you're feeling nervous and he gets AMAZING photos! I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt and his team were fantastic! Not only is his work amazing but he is SO fun to work with!! We had so much fun at both our wedding and our engagement photo session. He was a huge hit with our families and bridal party! Not to mention, he is so easy to get in touch with and answers any questions! We decided to not do a first look for our wedding which can make the time frame for photos challenging but Matt did such an excellent job of getting everything we wanted! He listened to us and gave us great suggestions! I highly recommend him. You wont be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We cannot thank Matt and his assistants enough for everything they did the day of our wedding! They were very flexible with time and willing to go anywhere we wanted for pictures and they were such a fun group to work with. We had a large bridal party but that didn't stop them from getting every shot we wanted and asked for. We are so excited to get our pictures back!! I highly recommend Matt for any event, especially weddings. Thank you again Matt!!

Profile Picture Erica, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt is an AMAZING photographer! I had been looking at his work for years and telling him that when I get married, I would have him be my wedding photographer...and I did just that! My husband and I flew Matt to Delaware & it was so worth it!! Matt is super easy to work with and is very creative! It rained on our wedding day and when Matt asked where I wanted to take pictures, I was at a loss of ideas. He said hang tight, I'll be right back. He figured out the perfect spots and all of our photos came out beautiful! He was even eager to go out to the pier by the ocean when it was super windy, chilly and sprinkling out. We recently got our photos back, almost 1000 pictures by the way, and we LOVE them all! He captured every special moment, every little detail and our guests having a blast on the dance floor all night long! We literally could not have picked anyone better than this guy! If you're looking for someone who is fun, easy to work with and full of ideas, choose Matt!

Profile Picture Leah, 5/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I have extremely high expectations when it comes to service providers, especially small business owners because I too, am a small business owner. Matt was one of the few professional photographers who would would even take on my wedding due to my restricted time line. (I only needed two hours of photography and many photographers turned my project down stating they couldn't give me what I wanted in two hours.) The fact that he was able to be flexible and accommodating speaks volumes to me in terms of customer service.

I expect lightening fast responses from service providers and again, Matt delivered. I also expect people in general to be able to problem solve. On the day of, we experienced a few unexpected issues (people in our way, and basically our guests were standing around watching our entire photo shoot.) Matt worked around this brilliantly. He never once let it get in his way of his ability to capture the look and feel I asked for. (Which wasn't a traditional wedding feel by any means.)

Matt works creatively, yet efficiently and his personality is just down right cool, someone you'd want to be friends with. I have worked with several photographers in my business and I even taught marketing classes to photography majors/aspiring photographers, and few come even close to possessing the professionalism that Matt displays. I'd hire him again in a heart beat and I promise you, I do not say that about many people.

Profile Picture Jill, 3/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not say enough amazing things about working with Matt. The second we got engaged, I knew I wanted Matt to capture our wedding. We even changed our wedding date to assure he could be our photographer. From our engagement session to our big day, he was such a joy to work. Not only is he very professional, but he makes everything so much fun and is very creative. Our bridal party even told me how impressed they were by him all day!

We were blown away with our "sneak peek" wedding photos and are so excited to see the rest! If you're in the market for a photographer, I can promise you Matt will not leave you disappointed!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We met Matt at a friend's wedding and absolutely loved how he interacted with guests while taking pictures! At that point we decide that we need him for ours!! His work is phenomenal and exceeds your needs. Matt is great at communicating and answers questions quickly. While you are able to be yourself, Matt takes such a special moment and turns it into a memory for a life time! We would highly recommend Matt for any type of event you may have!

Profile Picture Jose, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Awesome people and awesome photographs. So easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable. Very highly recommended.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Where do I begin?! Matt truly is a brilliant, exceptional, one-of-a-kind photographer. When Josh and I got engaged, I immediately contacted Matt Bigelow! His work had caught my eye on Facebook and Instagram and I knew he was special…there was no need to shop around, his work speaks for itself! After our first meeting to talk about engagement photos and “Save the Date’s,“ I knew we would have some beautiful photos to remember this exciting time for the rest of our lives! Matt amazed us with our unique at-home engagement shots and then completely blew us away on our wedding day. His attention to detail, creativity, and energy fueled the whole day! He brought so much happiness to our entire experience… from his ice-breaking jokes to his sweet moves on the dance floor, Matt was the best photographer we could have asked for! And as if that wasn’t enough, we woke up the next day to “teaser” photos posted online that left us totally speechless! Thank you to Matt and his beautiful wife for all of their hard work, imagination and expertise. We couldn’t be happier with the memories we have to treasure for years to come.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We cannot even find the words to say how thankful we are that we were able to work with Matt! We have been in touch with Matt for over a year and a half - from our initial inquiry, to our engagement photos, and then to our wedding day. He was always easy to get in touch with, quick with responses, and he has endless supply of amazing ideas. We realized our wedding would be one of the most important days of our lives and knew the photography would be the one thing we are able to look back on to remember the day, and even see things we may have missed. When we sat down with Matt the very first day, we knew he was perfect for us. He took all of the stress out of the process for us. We decided to bring our (slightly hyper) dog with to our engagement photo session which could have ended horribly. Matt not only made us incredibly comfortable in front of the camera, but even made quick friends with our dog by running around with him which made our dog much more cooperative and we ended up with some truly amazing photographs. As the wedding day approached, Matt made things as simple as possible for us, while still allowing us to have as much input as we wanted. We felt so comfortable with Matt we decided to run with any ideas he had in mind. He brought us to such great locations and had such creative ideas. He kept the entire bridal party laughing from beginning to end, gave us excellent directions in order to keep us looking fabulous, and truly made everyone feel confident. The guests at the wedding even raved about how "awesome" the photographer was. He is such an amazing photographer, and such a genuine person. We cannot wait to see all of the pictures from the wedding and hope this is just the beginning and that we cross paths again! Thanks again Matt - and our second photographer Megan was amazing too!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Realize when you pick a photographer for your wedding day, you are spending the MOST important day thus far in your life and its the ENTIRE day with your photographer. So you want to make sure you jive and jam with your photographer...and Matt Bigelow is that guy! From the moment we did our fist meeting Matt was excited for our day, excited to hear about us and ready to give us the most amazing shots we could ever imagine.

So much care and effort is put into the tiny details of your wedding day, Matt's attention to detail is no different.
Matt will work with your needs, wants and ideas then on top of that give you even better ideas!

Once the day is over, the thank you notes are all sent and received, and the dress is cleaned and in storage.....all you have from day to day, anniversary to anniversary are the lovely photographs and memories shot by Matt Bigelow Photography. And we couldn't be happier with our memories.

Profile Picture Renee, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I honestly do not know where to even begin…working with Matt was absolutely the best experience! As a photographer myself, I was obviously EXTREMELY picky about who was shooting my wedding. I have had Matt picked out to shoot my wedding for 7 years, and was willing to switch my “dream venue” if he was not available for my wedding date because no other photographer could compare to his work. (Thankfully, he was available that date!)

Matt knew the wedding schedule like the back of his hand (better than I, the bride, knew it!) and kept everything moving smoothly. He was able to communicate so well with all of my bridesmaids and groomsmen to get them into the poses he needed without hesitation. (and with my groomsmen I didn’t think that would even be possible lol)

Even though I have been a fan of his work for years, what impressed me the most was his perfect balance of professionalism and letting his fun personality really shine through at the same time, making my entire bridal party truly just love Matt! His fun personality really put everyone at ease and made everyone so very comfortable in front of the camera, eliminating all awkward tension that could show through in photos. After a while, he was not just a vendor, he was truly thought of as a friend in everyone’s eyes.

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about working with Matt and would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking for a photographer.

Profile Picture Mandi, 8/20/16, 1 Review