Matt Bigelow Photography Reviews

87 | Crown Point, IN

87 Reviews for Matt Bigelow Photography

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

Matt and his team were so great to work with on our big day! They made us feel so comfortable taking pictures and had us laughing the entire time. Everyone got along so well with them. They were with us almost the entire day capturing every moment. Matt's creativity really shines during the wedding shoot. We would recommend him to absolutely everyone!

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

I knew as soon as I got engaged I wanted to use Matt as my photographer. We have several friends use him and he came highly recommended. We did an engagement session with him and it helped us become a little more comfortable behind the camera. Matt loves to share his cheesy jokes which made us feel relaxed and comfortable. On our wedding day Matt and his crew were amazing to work with. They found good spots to take photos and got all the shots I wanted. They made the day fun and enjoyable! My husband hated taking so many photos but Matt made it smooth and easy and even got him a drink to make him smile! I will choose Matt again for any future photo sessions!

Dustin · Married on 06/08/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Matt and how amazing he was. We knew from the second we met him he was the right person for our wedding...The engagement photos he took were AMAZING and he really takes the time to get to know you and who you are as a couple and individuals as well. He does everything to make you feel great about every aspect of the entire process no matter if it’s meeting with him down to the photo shoots. When it came to the wedding he becomes part of it, it’s not just someone there taking pictures he interacts with everyone and he is a very personable guy. Every one of our guests couldn’t stop talking about how great he was and we were so lucky to have him as our photographer. The pictures on his website speak for themselves but to have such an amazing person taking those pictures made it all worth it...I would give 10 stars if I could and if you have a chance to have him be your photographer I would not pass it up....it was a blast!!!!!!!

Niyati · Married on 05/26/2018

Matt and his team (Agnus and Maria) were literally the best people to work with. Indian weddings are multiple days (we had 2 days, 3 events) and are very big. Matt and his team were so respectful of our traditions and were so enthusiastic for every single event, probably more than we were! Their enthusiasm made us more excited and my parents literally said they felt like family by the end of the night. Matt is such a talented photographer with a great attitude that we know our pictures will be awesome. Many people asked me who my engagement shoot photographer was after seeing the quality of his work, and many more asked us after the wedding (despite not seeing his work at this point but purely based on attitude and work ethic). Abhi and I were so very pleased because Matt captures moments and is working non-stop to give us some cool quality photos. Would highly recommend him! Agnus was also so wonderful to work with and just kept everything light and fun in what could be a very stressful weekend!

Brianne · Married on 05/12/2018

Matt and his team are SUPER talented, and we are beyond thrilled with the photos and the whole experience. If you’re considering hiring Matt, DO IT! Matt genuinely cares about his clients and his work, and he produces nothing but excellent results. We live out of state, but Matt made the planning process stress-free for both engagement photos and the wedding day. He is very responsive, flexible and professional. We travelled to Indiana for our engagement photos and the weather ended up being terrible, but Matt was very flexible with rescheduling quickly so we didn’t have to make another trip to Indiana. The weather forecast for the wedding day in Indiana was storms and rain, so he helped identify offsite photo location options for rain or shine, which put our minds at ease. It stormed on our wedding day yet we had a window of opportunity to shoot photos outside and they turned out better than I ever would have imagined for a rainy wedding day! In fact, the pictures are perfect!! Not to mention, I am usually NOT comfortable in front of a camera, but this wasn’t the case! Matt and his team fit in like part of our family, and we had a total blast with them. Such great people to the core! I could go on and on! :)

• Lisa Blake

Lisa · Married on 04/26/2018

Matt took our engagement photos in November 2017 in Chicago and was beyond wonderful. His eye for the perfect shot is out of this world. He was responsive, punctual, and creative. Not only do his stunning photos speak for themselves, but he was absolutely wonderful to spend the afternoon with. He's fun, kind and made us feel incredibly comfortable. We couldn't be happier with the beautiful pictures he captured of this exciting time of our life and would recommend Matt to anyone, and look forward to doing so in the future! I keep trying to come up with other things we can hire Matt to come take pictures of - we honestly loved him that much!

Melissa · Married on 03/10/2018

We has such a wonderful time working with Matt! Words can't express how creative, energetic, and easy to work with he is. We recommend him 110%! He was instantly part of the family and he captured A-M-A-Z-I-N-G moments for both our engagement session and our wedding day. Matt's personality and easy going demeanor made the experience fantastic :) Having him as our photographer was the best choice we made, and we're so excited to have such a wonderful collection of photos to look back on from out special day.

Grant · Married on 03/09/2018

Just WoW. Matt has a wonderful eye for photography. He brings a very high amount of energy to the entire experience. That is what i liked most about Matt. He kept people laughing and charged up the entire day. Very fun to work with. We did have the lighting assistant and an extra photographer with our package.

Catherine · Married on 01/27/2018

Matt was seriously the one thing we were not worried about the day of our wedding! He is an extremely talented photographer, a great guy, and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, or any event really. The people he chose to assist him for both our engagement photos and our wedding day were so amazing, and the entire crew was a blast to work with. They made the day fun and flawless. Our families loved the energy Matt and team brought throughout the entire day!! We loved Matt’s creativity in both situations when we had crazy ideas and when we had absolutely no clue what we wanted to do. He is meticulous with every step of the process. It is clear that Matt knows what he is doing and the price point is perfectly aligned to his magnificent talents!

Rachel · Married on 11/25/2017

Matt was everything and more than what we expected! We have seen his work for years. It was my one "must have" as a bride. His work is jaw-dropping. From our pre-planning meeting to our last meeting the week of our wedding, he had everything covered. He has many location shoot ideas, a creative eye, and a personality that made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. We cannot wait to see our wedding photos.

Amy · Married on 10/28/2017

Matt Bigelow was amazing to work with! Matt and his team first and foremost respected what we wanted to have done for the photographs. They had amazing ideas based on the wedding location for some tremendous shots. They spent all day with us and captured both formal and informal photographs.

Matt and his team also have an amazing ability to make taking photos for hours FUN and ENJOYABLE!!! My husband and his groomsmen also commented on how fun the afternoon was (not an easy job to pull them away from College football and enjoy being photographed), but they did it.

We would highly recommend Matt Bigelow for anyone wanting to have an amazing photography experience!

Vanavia · Married on 09/03/2017

Matt was the most amazing photographer! He was so warm and welcoming from the first day we met, and he made me and my entire bridal party feel completely comfortable! The shots he captured were breathtaking. I would recommend him to any bride in need of a photographer!

sarah · Married on 08/19/2017

I'm so glad we chose Matt to be our wedding photographer! He went out of his way to get some really cool shots- even going to a strangers house to see if we could use their barn for our pictures. He was so professional and made us very comfortable. He never seemed like he was tired of us and even checked with me multiple times before leaving for the night. Our package included engagement pictures and save the dates and they were exactly what we wanted. Choosing someone who will photograph a huge event like a wedding is a daunting task but when we came across Matt's work and then read about his reputation, our choice was easy. So glad Matt was our wedding photographer!

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2017

We couldn't have picked a better photographer!!! I'm so happy Matt was available to shoot our big day. He truly brings life to his work, and every picture I see is a masterpiece!! Plus, he has an amazing ability at making people comfortable during their photos shoots. My husband and I always hated posing for photos, but Matt captured our personalities and made our experience exciting and fun!!! I will always recommend Matt Bigelow to everyone! I have received a crazy amount of compliments on our pictures!!!! Seriously, if he's available for your special day, book him! You will not regret it!!!

Marianthi · Married on 07/22/2017

Working with Matt Bigelow Photography was a pleasure! Matt made my wedding party and I feel so comfortable and fit right into our special day! He added a sense of relief and comfort on such a crazy, hectic day. My husband and I really enjoyed having him around and we couldn't be happier with our pictures! Matt has a true talent not only behind the camera but working with people as well. We had a blast at our wedding and thank him so much for being so amazing!!!

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

Where do we begin? Matt is extremely professional, helpful, and amazing! He knows how to make you laugh if you're feeling nervous and he gets AMAZING photos! I would recommend him to anyone!

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Matt and his team were fantastic! Not only is his work amazing but he is SO fun to work with!! We had so much fun at both our wedding and our engagement photo session. He was a huge hit with our families and bridal party! Not to mention, he is so easy to get in touch with and answers any questions! We decided to not do a first look for our wedding which can make the time frame for photos challenging but Matt did such an excellent job of getting everything we wanted! He listened to us and gave us great suggestions! I highly recommend him. You wont be disappointed!

Erica · Married on 05/13/2017

We cannot thank Matt and his assistants enough for everything they did the day of our wedding! They were very flexible with time and willing to go anywhere we wanted for pictures and they were such a fun group to work with. We had a large bridal party but that didn't stop them from getting every shot we wanted and asked for. We are so excited to get our pictures back!! I highly recommend Matt for any event, especially weddings. Thank you again Matt!!

Leah · Married on 05/05/2017

Matt is an AMAZING photographer! I had been looking at his work for years and telling him that when I get married, I would have him be my wedding photographer...and I did just that! My husband and I flew Matt to Delaware & it was so worth it!! Matt is super easy to work with and is very creative! It rained on our wedding day and when Matt asked where I wanted to take pictures, I was at a loss of ideas. He said hang tight, I'll be right back. He figured out the perfect spots and all of our photos came out beautiful! He was even eager to go out to the pier by the ocean when it was super windy, chilly and sprinkling out. We recently got our photos back, almost 1000 pictures by the way, and we LOVE them all! He captured every special moment, every little detail and our guests having a blast on the dance floor all night long! We literally could not have picked anyone better than this guy! If you're looking for someone who is fun, easy to work with and full of ideas, choose Matt!

Jill · Married on 03/24/2017

I have extremely high expectations when it comes to service providers, especially small business owners because I too, am a small business owner. Matt was one of the few professional photographers who would would even take on my wedding due to my restricted time line. (I only needed two hours of photography and many photographers turned my project down stating they couldn't give me what I wanted in two hours.) The fact that he was able to be flexible and accommodating speaks volumes to me in terms of customer service.

I expect lightening fast responses from service providers and again, Matt delivered. I also expect people in general to be able to problem solve. On the day of, we experienced a few unexpected issues (people in our way, and basically our guests were standing around watching our entire photo shoot.) Matt worked around this brilliantly. He never once let it get in his way of his ability to capture the look and feel I asked for. (Which wasn't a traditional wedding feel by any means.)

Matt works creatively, yet efficiently and his personality is just down right cool, someone you'd want to be friends with. I have worked with several photographers in my business and I even taught marketing classes to photography majors/aspiring photographers, and few come even close to possessing the professionalism that Matt displays. I'd hire him again in a heart beat and I promise you, I do not say that about many people.

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

We could not say enough amazing things about working with Matt. The second we got engaged, I knew I wanted Matt to capture our wedding. We even changed our wedding date to assure he could be our photographer. From our engagement session to our big day, he was such a joy to work. Not only is he very professional, but he makes everything so much fun and is very creative. Our bridal party even told me how impressed they were by him all day!

We were blown away with our "sneak peek" wedding photos and are so excited to see the rest! If you're in the market for a photographer, I can promise you Matt will not leave you disappointed!

Jose · Married on 10/15/2016

We met Matt at a friend's wedding and absolutely loved how he interacted with guests while taking pictures! At that point we decide that we need him for ours!! His work is phenomenal and exceeds your needs. Matt is great at communicating and answers questions quickly. While you are able to be yourself, Matt takes such a special moment and turns it into a memory for a life time! We would highly recommend Matt for any type of event you may have!

Molly · Married on 10/01/2016

Awesome people and awesome photographs. So easy to work with and made me feel very comfortable. Very highly recommended.

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Where do I begin?! Matt truly is a brilliant, exceptional, one-of-a-kind photographer. When Josh and I got engaged, I immediately contacted Matt Bigelow! His work had caught my eye on Facebook and Instagram and I knew he was special…there was no need to shop around, his work speaks for itself! After our first meeting to talk about engagement photos and “Save the Date’s,“ I knew we would have some beautiful photos to remember this exciting time for the rest of our lives! Matt amazed us with our unique at-home engagement shots and then completely blew us away on our wedding day. His attention to detail, creativity, and energy fueled the whole day! He brought so much happiness to our entire experience… from his ice-breaking jokes to his sweet moves on the dance floor, Matt was the best photographer we could have asked for! And as if that wasn’t enough, we woke up the next day to “teaser” photos posted online that left us totally speechless! Thank you to Matt and his beautiful wife for all of their hard work, imagination and expertise. We couldn’t be happier with the memories we have to treasure for years to come.