Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom Reviews

Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom 7
  • Rob

Rob Werner · Getting married on 07/12/2020

NYE 2018 - A Night to Remember

We held our wedding at The Gershon Fox Ballroom with Marquee Events this past New Year's Eve - and to say that it was perfect was an understatement. Kara and the entire team went out of their way to make our Great Gatsby-themed wedding everything we asked for. Kara walked us through every pre-wedding step, made herself available when we needed it most, didn't miss any of the minute details leading up to or on the day of, and she was so easy to work with in achieving our dream wedding. Her team's execution on setting everything up, to the layout, organization, and ability to work with our amazing vendors made the evening run so smoothly. The food and drinks were better than any of the venues we visited, and the team's hospitality was superb. The accommodations that were made for us in regard to food allergies were taken with the utmost care and consideration - they truly went out of their way to meet our needs. We had quite a large wedding, but the spaces available were better and way more unique, than any venue we visited. Between cocktail hour in the mezzanine; the long front hallway for coffee, desserts, & our cigar bar; the dance floor in the main foyer (with tables and seating surrounding); a smaller dance floor inside the dining room; and a space cordoned off outside as a smoking & cigar lounge made the experience feel like an actual party that Jay Gatsby would have thrown. We strongly recommend looking into using this space for any event (especially a larger wedding). The character, ambiance, history, and brilliance with which it's taken care of with Kara and the rest of the events team is of such high quality. Because of them, our wedding will never be forgotten

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom 16
    Marquee Events Featuring the Gershon Fox Ballroom 17

Michael Shuberth · Married on 03/23/2019

Book your wedding here!

I can't think of anything that could have gone better for our wedding venue with Marquee. The entire process from start to finish was first class. Kara walked us hand and hand through the entire planning process and was always more than willing to meet our requests. I know first hand this can be stressful time, but Kara handled everything like an experienced professional. This help ease all of our fears. The ceremony was elegant, and set up perfectly. The reception went off better than we could have hoped. Food and service was top notch. Again, Kara was there with us to make sure everything went off as we hoped. I would recommend the Gershon Fox Ballroom to any who is looking for a great venue, with a great atmosphere, and amazing customer service for their wedding venue!

Sent on 04/25/2019

John Cadigan · Married on 12/29/2018

Best Choice we made

I have no regrets about booking my wedding here. Kara, the wedding and event coordinator, did a fantastic job at meeting all of our needs, in fact she often surpassed them! Her support staff was polite, cordial, and professional. They were attentive to our guests needs and often went above and beyond the call of duty! Booking through the Marquee was one of my best choices!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Stephanie Romano · Married on 12/15/2018

Easy sophistication!

The G. Fox experience was like none other for our December wedding. It was sophisticated yet the staff made the whole experience easy and stress free. Kara responded to emails quickly and was happily willing to say yes to any of my requests or ideas. The venue is beautiful in itself and so versatile that I don't think any two weddings have to look the same. Plus the location makes it convenient to a hotel and an after party spot without needing to worry about transportation. And they even brought most everything back to our room so we didn't have to worry about packing or cleaning up! Guests constantly talked about the venue calling it sophisticated and fun. Definitely worth a look for those art deco/vintage/glamour brides.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Gooley · Married on 09/09/2018

Magical Wedding

We were so grateful to host our family and friends here for our wedding. The events team was very attentive and accommodating. The food was fabulous and everyone had such a wonderful time! Thank you Kara and team for such a magical evening!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jana · Married on 09/16/2017

Here you are, reading these reviews just as I once was. Let me tell you it's all true, Laura is incredible! She is down to earth, accommodating, kind, funny, and to the point. You'll get honest answers and sound advice, and better yet an amazing wedding! The building is gorgeous, and the package is wonderful, couldn't have had a better wedding! Thank you again Laura, you rock!

Sent on 09/07/2017

melissa · Married on 02/18/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue, and about the amazing coordinator, Laura! I had the best wedding, even more than what I could have hoped for! And my guests loved it too; it felt awesome to have numerous people say it was the best wedding they had attended!! The room is so gorgeous that anything you do is just icing on the cake! I was able to keep things DIY, but I knew if it didn't get done or didn't work out - the room is so pretty on its own, it was nice not to stress over the decor. The food was PERFECT!! The apps were perfect too! The beer and wine selection was better than most places, and there was no additional charges for the good stuff. Same with the linens and chairs; all new and nice and I didn't have to pay more to use the good stuff which I found annoying at other venues. The wedding was a classy affair without feeling too mature or too stuffy. The staff was wonderful too! Young enough to have fun and energy, but still kept it professional and attentive. It truly was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Also having the hotel right there makes it a perfect weekend for all! I cannot wait to attend an event put on by Marquee!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Keyo-Ann · Married on 10/14/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER... My wedding was October 14th. I have to say Laura is amazing and just on point with everything from tying bows to mini champagne bottles favors or the set up or just being there that day she does it all. If you want a wedding that blows your mind and you like being treated like a queen and king for the day even into the next day.Have your guests go insane over the venue, ambiance and food and service!!! We did not have to worry about anything down to our flowers cake and extra alcohol being brought and placed in our suite..Laura and her staff are Amazing I can not say enough good things our guests are still obssessing over the food and service and Venue. Just amazing.
    June, 2016...We just had our tasting! The staff Chef Mike are amazing. If a tasting is this amazing I can not wait till our wedding day!!!! It is almost as if Laura can see your vision and just go with it!! Can not say enough great things. The food any choice is huge portions and delicous. The venue in it of its self is beautiful and so well maintained. AMAZING

Sent on 06/20/2016

Laura and her team (especially Chef Mike Kelly) made our wedding unforgettable. Her professionalism and personality was amazing to work with and we still have guests complimenting the food! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Susan · Married on 11/27/2015

We could not have made a better decision for our wedding. The Marquee provided the perfect backdrop for a classy, elegant evening with our favorite people in the world. The food was amazing and our guests had a blast. Working with Laura gave me every confidence that everything would go perfectly, and it did. I knew she'd take care of every detail as if it were her own, and I love her for it. Thank you for the perfect wedding!! :)

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • User4820113 · 2+ years ago

The Gershon Fox Ballroom was the perfect location for our wedding. Grand and elegant - our guests were definitely impressed with the space. AND the food - everyone raved! Laura was amazing and easy to work with - she made me feel confident that every last detail would be in place - and it was.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/10/2015

My wedding was in October of 2015. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our experience with Marquee and Laura! Not only is the venue gorgeous and supplied my photographer with great ideas for photos, but everything is very professionally run. Laura was there for me with every email and question through the planning process, she was able to wrangle my 2 little flower girls and 1 little ring bearer and deal with a large bridal party. The ceremony set-up and coordination was flawless, as was the reception. But the food.. AMAZING! We still get compliments from people saying it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding, and I couldn't agree more!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Jon · Married on 09/26/2015

After interviewing 13+ local wineries for our wedding venue, Gershon Bachus was an easy choice. Christina was absolutely incredible from our very first meeting. Here's why you should choose this venue for your wedding:

- The owner/coordinator. Christina is amazing at what she does. Right from the start she'll treat you as a friend, not a customer and help guide you along the way and on the day of.

- They are closed to the public the day of your wedding. I challenge you to find another local winery that will do this for you....you won't.

- The staff. The staff here are like one big family working in unison to make everything go smoothly and offer a 10+ experience to you and your guests.

- The food. Sorrel's bistro who caters weddings here is INCREDIBLE. The menu choices are high quality, high class, and the opposite of "wedding food".

- The preferred vendors. The preferred vendors were also top notch and absolutely incredible.

Christina went well above and beyond her role of coordinator and became a friend. She helped my wife with the expected day of malfunctions (hair, make-up, dress, etc) and even stayed after the event to help my bride deconstruct her hair.

My wife and I couldn't be happier with the venue we picked and look forward to wine tasting at Gershon Bachus for years to come.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Sophia · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our wedding reception at the Gershon Fox Ballroom. Our wedding guests are still talking about our wedding and how it was just unbelievable. I credit most of that to Laura, Chef Kelly and the staff at Marquee Events and the Gershon Fox Ballroom. Laura was so attentive and responsive to all of our requests and concerns. She put all of my worries and concerns at ease and made the evening run smoothly. The food was absolutely incredible! Everyone was raving about the food and how it "doesn't taste like food you'd get at a wedding". The ballroom is just beautiful and having the dancing in the atrium was just perfect. Laura and her staff made my dream wedding become a reality. Everyone said they didn't feel like they were in Hartford, but in Manhattan. The art deco style and old Hollywood feel is just magical. We cannot say enough good things about Marquee Events. We just wish we could relive our wedding reception over again!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Robin · Married on 04/24/2015

We got married on April 24th. Laura and her team made our wedding seamless! It was perfect! I did not have to worry about one thing. The venue is beautiful, the staff was more than helpful and took care of everything. Thank you sooo much for making our day effortless and amazing!!!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 03/21/2015

My wedding was held at the Marquee on March 21, 2015 and every guest I have talked to as said this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to! The place is just gorgeous but what makes this place really shine is Laura. Laura is a very special person, she is not just the wedding coordinator here but the rock every bride needs!!! I would say I was a very laid back bride however even I had some "AH" moments and Laura was always there to tell me everything was just fine. Moments before I was about to walk down the isle, my garter was falling down and she got down and helped me fix it ....now thats love! The candy bar she put together for me was AMAZING, the food phenomenal and the service was awesome. I heard after the wedding that some of the tables had competitions seeing who could eat the entire steak, a few succeeded I have no idea how!! Thank you Marquee for making my wedding a dream come true!!!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Kelly · Married on 03/07/2015

Marquee Events was the core of my wedding, March 7th, 2015. Laura helped me organize, plan, and make everything really beautiful. I am a control freak and had no problem putting my trust in Laura and her staff at Marquee Events. I knew she would help make everything run smoothly and she did. So many countless things that were above and beyond… right down to printing off a hard copy of the dialog for the announcer to read from, still not sure how she even got that done. Laura, you amaze me! And Shaun, whom I believe to be the headwaiter, also went above and beyond on the night of the wedding. Brian is still talking about how he never had an empty drink. He took care of Brian & I so well and kept track of all of my items and sent them all up to our room. When we got up there… there was my bouquet, my veil, our dinner all boxed up in the fridge, and our cake. Wow! He even found out that someone lost an earring and some cufflinks and he found them and brought them back to their owners. It’s those extra things that set them apart from others. Amazing wedding, amazing night, amazing staff, thank you so much!!!
    Oh yeah, and the N.Y. Strip is the size of my head and Facebook has been flooded with pictures of beef from our wedding.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

I highly recommend the Marquee, we had our wedding here. They were so easy to work with and the whole place looked absolutely beautiful. Everyone was raving to us about the food and how gorgeous the place was. We dealt with Laura and she was so easy to work with. The day was perfect from start to finish! Thanks Marquee!!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Brettnee · Married on 09/19/2014

We just got married on September 19th and I can't believe how amazing it was! Working with Laura was incredible! She made sure we got any and everything we wanted. The compliments kept pouring in about the venue, the delicious food, the waitstaff and the entire ceremony and reception. I will definitely be recommending this venue to all bride-to-bes I talk to!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Michele · Married on 06/27/2014

Beyond amazing experience. I didnt have to worry about a thing! The staff is so professional, the food is out of this world and the atmosphere is perfect!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/10/2014

Looking for a venue was starting to seem hopeless until I stumbled across Marquee Catering & Events in Hartford. Immediately, just from looking at the pictures online, you can tell how stunning the building is and the staff does an unbelievable job at transforming it to your dream location. Everything from start to finish was the easiest and most pleasant experience that we ever could have imagined. Darren was an incredible asset to have with our planning and took care of everything for us. Their package included everything that we were looking for. There was the amazing food which included the biggest portions I've ever seen served at a wedding, their separate (very impressive) areas for cocktails and the bridal suite as well as free (yes free) valet parking for guests which was a must have for guests in Hartford. All of this, along with a stunning backdrop for our pictures and the staff,who were so helpful practically reading our minds, made for the most seamless evening. It was an amazing event and I'm forever grateful for everyone at Marquee, but especially Darren, who made it unforgettable.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Meredith · Married on 05/03/2014

We got married at the Marquee and couldn't have been happier! Our guests raved about how everything looked and the food, and everything went smoothly. Working with Darren made everything easier and he was always responsive and patient with my many many questions. I would definitely recommend the Marquee!

Sent on 05/05/2014

If you are looking for a unique wedding venue with stellar service, look no further! The Marquee was incredible from beginning to end. The space in itself is jaw-dropping, different from any other wedding venue I've ever seen. It has a very unique feeling to it. I cannot tell you how much we have heard from our guests how impressed they were with the space, how nice it was to be somewhere "different," and how convenient the location was. With the Marriott right next door and valet parking available, you could not make it easier for your guests to have a worry-free experience. On to the service. We worked with Darren from the moment we walked through the doors for our first appointment until the night of our wedding. He is so easy to work with, very responsive, and knows what he is doing. I had no worries leading up to my wedding because I knew I was in good hands. As for the night of, the service was spectacular. I was so impressed. One of the servers made a point to look up how to say "fish" in Portuguese so that he could serve it to my family from Portugal. As the night went on and our guests were feeling good, the inevitable happened -- someone dropped their drink. Before I could even turn around to see what had happened someone was there with a broom and towel and it was cleaned up literally within seconds. We were in awe! The food is amazing. You have so many options to choose from and it is truly difficult to make a decision because it is all SO good. I made a point that it was very important to me that meals were served hot, as nothing is worse than being served a cold meal, and the Marquee did not disappoint. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food.

If you do decide to book the Marquee and are having a fairly large wedding, I suggest having the dance floor in the atrium as we did. I have heard from many of our (older) guests how nice it was to sit and socialize with people without having to yell over loud music. Just another plus!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Heather · Married on 04/19/2014

The venue in itself was a beautiful location, easy access for all our guests and the valet parking was a great extra. I can even begin to rave about the food, the service, and attention to detail. Darren was an amazing coordinator and answered all my question in a very timely manner. The staff was amazing and attentive and all our guests were in awe of the venue. The price for everything that was included was perfect! The amount of guests that praised the food, the venue and the staff was amazing and everyone had a great time. We had a few guests that are a bit stuffy that were were just waiting to hear about what they had to critique and not one of them came back and didn\'t say that everything was perfect! Not that I want to ever get married again, but vow renewal..charity event, if I ever have a chance to organize something like this I wouldn\'t go anywhere else. On a side note...somehow some way all my things made it back to the honeymoon suit in one piece. With my husband and I being a bit liquored up I have no idea how they did it! Kudos to Marquee!!!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/18/2014

I got married at the Marquee in April, 2014. My experience was incredible, from the moment I walked through the doors for the initial tour to the day of my wedding! Laura was absolutely wonderful and ensured that everything I requested was done with ease. My wedding day went flawless and with no stress thanks to the Marquee team! The venue is unique and just beautiful! To this day I get tons of compliments on the venue, food and service.

Sent on 10/09/2014