Maria Thacker Events & Consulting Reviews

24 | Atlanta, GA

24 Reviews for Maria Thacker Events & Consulting

Katie · Married on 05/28/2016

I am so grateful that I chose Maria to be my day-of wedding planner. This was a decision I had made later on in the planning process as I wasn't sure if it was necessary. I can honestly say that I would have been lost without her and was crazy to think my mother and I could've managed alone. Maria is not just a day-of planner. She helped me in every way possible during the 6 months leading up to my wedding day. My wedding day truly would not have been the same without Maria behind the scenes making sure everything went smoothly. Because everything really did go perfectly I know she managed every issue that came up and reacted quickly so that no one else noticed... this may or may not have included a baby throwing up on my dress ;) Anyone who works with Maria will immediately trust her and know that she has your back. Her number one goal is to make the bride happy and will do everything in her power to make that happen. I cannot thank Maria enough for making my wedding day PERFECT!

Christina · Married on 05/30/2015

Maria is wonderful. I hired her for day-of; but, she went above and beyond my expectation for a day of coordinator. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, she was available for any questions, concerns, or last minute freak outs that I had. She provided referrals to multiple different types of vendors, keeping in mind our pricepoint the entire time. She worked with all of my other vendors to set-up a beautiful ceremony and reception site as well as helped break down and load everything up at the end of the night. Our venue had a strict noise ordinance and the reception had to end at 10 p.m. Maria created a timeline that allowed my husband and I to enjoy our day, yet still keep in line with the strict rules of the venue. Maria is worth every penny spent! Thanks Maria!

Kelly · Married on 05/02/2015

Maria Thacker Events is the best event coordinator out there! Maria and her team did beyond what I could have ever expected throughout the planning process of our wedding and day of. She is extremely organized, attentive to detail and a fabulous person to work with. Any issue that may arise will be fixed before you even know it happened! Any questions you may have are answered immediately. And any requests/specifics/vendors you may want are contracted and set before you know it! Our wedding was an amazing celebration and one of the best days of our lives thanks to Maria and her team! If she is available on your date book her ASAP. We truly cannot say enough wonderful things about her! Thank you Maria for all that you and your team did to make our wedding absolutely perfect!

Patrick · Married on 07/26/2014

Maria Thacker is an excellent wedding planner! The day of the wedding she was always there when either of us needed her. It's like she can be in two places at one time. There was great coordination between her and all the vendors that really took the pressure off us leading upto and on the wedding day. Thank you Maria for all you did to help make our wedding so special - the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Maria Thacker Events & Consulting's reply:

Thank you both. It was a joy working with you.

Naomi · Married on 05/03/2014

My wedding was challenging for two reasons. First, it was going to be outdoors at a remote location in North Georgia. Second, I knew nothing about wedding etiquette, traditions, or planning. Maria nonetheless made the event a resounding success. She answered every question I asked quickly and professionally, offering her suggestions when I had no clue how to proceed. She really showed her stuff on the wedding weekend, however. She and her team arrived literally two days in advance to help us set up, and spend the day of dealing with unexpected wind. My wedding day was very special and powerful, largely thanks to all of her hard work. There was even a problem with our caterer, who showed up two hours late and then refused to help with clean-up. Because of Maria, I didn't even notice (and neither did the guests!) I was able to focus on being a bride instead of dealing with logistical technicalities. Another great thing about Maria is how she handled all of the different personalities and worries of different family members who were involved, notably the mothers. Thanks to Maria, tensions were smoothed over and everyone's expectations were met if not exceeded. She did a great job and is someone who I can recommend not only as a wedding planner, but a great human being.

Sonya · Married on 10/05/2013

To say Maria went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect would truly be an understatement. Not only did she take the time to really get to know us, she was able to effectively translate my husband's and my personalities into every aspect of planning our wedding. From creating our programs and guestbook, to designing our ceremony seating and reception decor, she took care to make sure our big day really reflected who we are. Thanks to Maria, we were really able to just relax and enjoy our special day, which is exactly what we wanted! We can't recommend her services enough!

• Z

Zsaneta · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough about how awesome Maria and her team were for my wedding on 9/28/13. My now husband and I did not require her full line of services but she provided everything we needed. She was always available and full of ideas and suggestions. Maria was always flexible with scheduling and meeting with her and always accessible. She kept our special day running smoothly and beautifully. I would highly recommend you call her for ANY meeting or wedding needs!

K. · Married on 08/31/2013

Maria was an exceptional wedding planner who went above and beyond both before, during, and after our wedding. We hired Maria as a "day of" coordinator, but she was available to answer our questions and assist us with planning well before the "day of." I honestly cannot imagine our wedding going as smoothly and as beautifully as it did without her assistance. She was professional, very responsive by both email and phone, and made our wedding day as stress-free as possible. I highly recommend her as a competitively-priced and reliable wedding planner.

Kim · Married on 05/18/2013

Maria was amazing. We could not have executed the event without her. We hired her for the day of coordinator, but she went above and beyond and took the reigns from the day we hired her. She handled all vendor communication, issue resolution, and confirmations. She gained our trust quickly with her thoroughness and attention to detail. It allowed all of us to relax and enjoy the special day. The day went SO smoothly due to her upfront planning as well as ability to quickly solve any issues that came up during the event. We highly recommend Maria!

Barbara · Married on 05/18/2013

My daughter was married May 18, 2013. Our wedding planning was complicated. The bride and groom live in Dallas, the parents live in Cincinnati and the wedding was in Atlanta. Guests came from all over the United States, UK, Australia and South America. Maria Thacker is the only wedding planner that could pull that off!!!!
    Our wedding was organized, smooth and wonderful!!! I had no worries....Maria and her team took care of everything. I cannot imagine planning this event without Maria and her team. There is no question in my mind that Maria Thacker Events is the best.
    Barbara Rahn

Jeff · Married on 05/18/2013

Maria is a totally professsional, hard-working individual. She met with us (I am father of the bride), discussed our thoughts and plans, made recommendations and suggestions, kept in contact with all parties concerned, and was instrumental in allowing our daughter's day to flow very smoothly. We highly recommend her to anyone even remotely considering having an outside source assist with planning a wedding.

Cheri · Married on 03/17/2013

Maria was everything I could ask for in a wedding planner. Being that we live in Ohio and our wedding was in Atlanta, I had to rely on her to be my point of contact with most of my vendors. Two months before my wedding the caterer went out of business, I called Maria in full "bridezilla" mode. Her response was no biggie. It was just that no biggie she handled the search and transition to new caterer with ease.
    The day before my wedding I needed to someone to pick up my wedding dress and she took care of it. She truly made our wedding the best day ever!

• Navneet

Navneet · Married on 10/27/2012

Maria was exceptionally professional in her services with the pre wedding planning and with the day of the event details. All the activities went without a glitch. She was very responsive to all our needs. We are so thankful we chose her for our wedding. Nakul and Navneet

Maria was so incredibly valuable to my husband and me. She kept us on track and organized throughout the entire process. She provided us with amazing vendors and negotiated great deals. She even helped us navigate through invites, contracts, and the usual wedding etiquette. The day of the wedding she kept everything flowing perfectly and arranged the entire room just as I had envisioned. I couldn’t have imagined the complexity of planning our wedding, but Maria made everything simple for us and focused our efforts to get the best experience for our guests and ourselves. I absolutely recommend Maria.
    Rebecca and Greg

Heather · Married on 06/02/2012

Maria was actually a guest at our wedding, but she went above and beyond her guest "duties" to make sure that my event went smoothly and was well decorated. I greatly appreciated the questions and reccomendations Maria had about the wedding (like rainboots and umbrellas for my girls and I since the weather was rainy), and was even more appreciative at the support and guidance she gave me. When she found out our ceremony was lacking decorations she sprung into action, taking it upon herself to pick up decorations at a local store, and she also stopped by our reception site to pick up some extra flowers and leftover ribbon. When Maria heard that some of my decorations and other stuff at the reception where not set up exactly how I wanted she was quick to fix everything and make sure it was how I had imagined. There's no doubt in my mind that Maria helped to make my wedding a perfect and memorable event. I highly recommend her services for any bride looking for support and someone with great ideas, a vast knowledge of wedding planning and a keen attention to detail. Maria really knows her stuff and it shows in her professionalism and ideas/recommendations. I cannot thank her enough for all that she did for me.

Megan · Married on 04/21/2012

Maria is great - she was available to help out with my rehearsal and actual ceremony when my day-of coordinator (Lettie Nicole Events, who I would also highly recommend) was unable to be there. It was great having an extra set of hands on deck, and Maria jumped right in to help out with keeping everything in order at the ceremony. She gave me peace of mind that someone was looking out for the details, and made sure everything ran smoothly and according to plan - any bride would be lucky to have Maria on her wedding day team!

Puja · Married on 10/08/2011

Maria provided us amazing services for our wedding! We got a detailed outline spanning 12 months ahead of the wedding day including 'to do lists,' ideas, lists of vendors in our area, etc. Maria was very flexible in working with us from Atlanta and our wedding was in VA, she was always available for a quick phone call, emails, and the long phone calls as well! She always kept us in the loop with vendors, was extremely thorough on the days leading and day of our wedding. Her services in our wedding planning and event day were extremely necessary, without her we honestly wouldn't have been able to pull of such an amazing wedding of 400 guests!
    I am truly amazed at her flexibility and time commitment throughout our wedding planning and event :D

June · Married on 09/10/2011

Maria was awesome as the day of planner for our wedding. Although we only had her for "day of" we think she went above and beyond and did more for us than any other day of planner offered. Maria communicated with us often and responded to our questions, comments, and concerns promptly, making us very comfortable as our wedding was quickly approaching. Maria and her staff were extremely professional yet welcoming and comforting at the wedding rehearsal and on the wedding day. If there were any issues happening on our wedding day, we had no idea because Maria made sure they were taken care of so that our day was only filled with joy & love! Thanks, Maria!

Kelly · Married on 07/05/2011

Maria planned my wedding with only 4 weeks notice. She did an amazing job, and truly made my vision come to life. Thanks Maria!!

Randilynn · Married on 01/22/2011

I will never be able to thank Maria enough for making our wedding day such a spectacular, once-in-a-lifetime experience for both of us! From the first introductory phone call to assisting with our grand exit from the reception under a blaze of sparklers, Maria was with me every step of the way! Throughout the planning process, she was my go-to professional for all of the hundreds of tiny details that go into planning a wedding. She was readily available to answer questions, make recommendations, offer suggestions, schedule and coordinate with vendors and step in whenever her expertise was needed. Her attention to detail, top-notch organization and fun, engaging personality made all the work of planning truly enjoyable! On our wedding day, she made sure the day ran flawlessly and I was able to relax and enjoy all the special moments without any stress or worry! I could not have done it without Maria!

Karen · Married on 06/05/2010

Maria was always very responsive with any questions I had, a great quality in a wedding planner! She also was able to suggest possible vendors that were within my price point. All of the ones that I worked with that Maria recommended were very professional, so she must work with the best! She wants her brides to have the best possible time and will put her heart into everything. I would recommend Maria to any future brides.

Mamta · Married on 04/28/2012

Maria was a pleasure to work with and always willing to go the extra mile to wok with our vendors to give us the wedding of our dreams.

c · Married on 10/11/2012

Maria was great! To handle two ceremonies two days apart took a skilled and experienced planner like Maria. Also, one of the ceremonies was a traditional African ceremony. Maria was very open to, and accepting of, the culture and its wedding traditions. She allowed the traditions of the culture to guide her in executing what turned out to be a very well organized and successful event. Thanks Maria!

Lauren · Married on 05/11/2013

4.2

Hiring Maria as our wedding planner was the smartest decision we made during the planning process. She was there to answer all our questions, set up and negotiate vendor meetings and contracts, keep us on track with tasks, and calm me ( a bridezilla) down when I was beyond stressed! She was extremely knowledgable, responsive, and organized, and was understanding of our budget and vision for what we wanted on our special day.