Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn Reviews

Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 5
Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 6
Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn 7

Kim · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding experience at Main Street Manor!! From helping us pick the officiant to working with the caterer, florist & baker Donna took care of it all! The day of came together so perfectly I couldn't have asked for anything more. Donna & Ken are sweet awesome people who really care about your special day and make it perfect for you. We were thrilled with it all and would pick them again every time!!

Sent on 11/12/2015

The Mrs. and I had our Elopement at the Main Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn and it was wonderful. We wanted a small and private ceremony and Donna & Ken (our hosts) were able to provide that to a T. They took care of the cake, flowers, hor d'oeuvre and even got us an officiant. Donna & Ken also took pictures for us, Donna with her professional camera and Ken with my iPhone. They took a lot of photos and many of them came out great. The lighting where we had our ceremony wasn't great, so some pictures didn't come out well. If you are really into professional photos I would suggest hiring a photographer. Donna also made dinner reservations for us at a nearby restaurant where we had the most delicious dinner. She let the restaurant know that we were newly wed and the chef came out to congratulate us at our table. I thought that was really nice. At the end of dinner the server brought out dessert for us that Donna and Ken paid for ahead of time!

Overall this was a great stress free experience that I'll always remember. Everything was cute and as it should be. They allowed us to focus on each other, instead of all the little details. The Mrs. and I really appreciated that. Donna and Ken made sure that we had everything we needed and more. If you're looking to have a small private ceremony at a cozy inn in a small town, Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast is the place to go!

Sent on 10/06/2015

An effortless dream wedding
    I have to admit that I am a lazy bride who spent probably way less time than what most brides spend preparing for their weddings, but like all women who want everything (:-)) expect nothing less than a dream wedding. What an impossible mission! Yet Donna did it and made it better than what I had dreamed of! We had a small and intimate wedding with our closest friends and family members, and the venue is perfect for such an occasion. Donna knows her property and her business as a wedding planner inside out, and the venue and event was perfectly integrated. From the beautifully decorated outdoor ceremony arch to the sweet and elegant indoor reception setting surrounded by our favorite pictures, from the refreshing homemade peach ice tea to the cool, shaded porch for guests to hang out, Donna made sure that there was no stone left unturned and all the activities went on schedule as planned. Everyone of our guest left with a big smile on their face, complimenting what a great venue we have selected, what a beautiful wedding it was and how they had a great time.
    The venue really has all bases covered for an outdoor wedding. The garden is a beautiful spot for a warm sunny day (which is our case). However, even if it rains, the awning-shaded porch will make a perfect backup plan with a long aisle formed by the chairs along each side for the bride to walk in. We had 36 people in our wedding, and would highly recommend Donna and Main Street Manor if you are looking for a intimate wedding of similar scale!

Sent on 08/26/2015

jillian · Married on 08/08/2015

We were thrilled with our wedding at Main Street Manor in Flemington. This location is really quaint and adorable, and provided us with an affordable (but still classy and upscale) alternative to traditional, over-the-top, expensive weddings.

The best part is that your wedding is essentially planned for you by the bed and breakfast's owners, Donna and Ken, who are super helpful and responsive.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/03/2015

Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn was the most perfect location for a small, intimate wedding. The owners are wonderful! They are pleasant, attentive, organized, and kind. I really cannot say enough nice things about Donna and Ken. Donna becomes your personal wedding planner. She helps to arrange flowers (colors and types you like), the food from the caterer, and the cake (which was delicious!). I was looking for a place to hold a small wedding without a formal dinner reception, but somewhere that would make our day special. When I found Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn in a search I knew I found the right place.

Donna answered every question along the way. We planned and had our wedding in 3 months from when we first met with her. On our wedding day she made sure everything ran smoothly and how we wanted it. Donna and Ken truly made it our special day.

The B & B was a beautiful setting for the wedding. We decided to hold the ceremony inside and then spent our "reception" on the front porch. Loved it! I would recommend Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn without a doubt!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/12/2015

Donna, Ken and the Main Street Manor far exceeded my expectations for our Wedding Day. Donna took care of every detail to make it the most beautiful, emotional and stress free Wedding experience. The Main Street Manor is breathtaking and we truly enjoyed our overnight experience and wonderful breakfast!
    Donna, Ken and the Main Street Manor gave us so many wonderful memories of our Wedding Day to last a lifetime!.
    I would highly recommend the Main Street Manor for a Wedding or weekend getaway. We definitely have plans of returning.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Amy · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I are so happy that we came across Main Street Manor to hold our intimate wedding. Donna and Ken are the greatest people who are so professional and welcoming. They made the whole experience so wonderful, and Donna really listened to us so we were able to have our perfect day.
    We have received nothing but complements on how beautiful the inn was, how great the food was and what great people Donna and Ken are.
    Thanks to Donna, who becomes your personal wedding planner, our day went so smoothly and completely stress free, we were able to enjoy our wedding day with our family and friends.
    We can not thank them enough for hosting our special day and making it so memorable.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ann · Married on 10/12/2014

Donna and Ken provided the perfect venue and the ultimate service to make our vow renewal extraordinarily special. Donna's attention to detail helped me to think through exactly how we wanted the ceremony and reception to proceed. The garden, where we held the ceremony, could not have been more beautiful. The Manor is quite beautiful and the porch provided a relaxing area for friends and family to relax and enjoy the beautiful day.
    Donna helped us integrate items from our wedding into the reception, e.g., photos placed throughout the manor, a scarf placed around a wreath, our original cake cutters, etc. Donna also took care of the flowers and the cake and I couldn't have asked for anything better.
    While Donna and Ken did not provide the music and photographer, they made excellent recommendations. They were highly attentive to our guests, but not intrusive. I very much felt that they were totally invested in making the day special for us. I recommend them without hesitation; I would love to have another event there.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Mary · Married on 10/11/2014

We were married at Main Street Manor a few weeks ago. Our wedding day was the most incredible day of our lives, and mostly due to the fact that we found the best venue and best innkeepers to help us start our new chapter together. MSM is absolutely exquisite as a Bed and Breakfast alone so you can only imagine how much more incredible it can be for a wedding.

Our wedding package was basically a full service package, and Donna handled everything. She is an incredible business woman and an even more incredible person. She listens to you and builds a relationship with her clients. She made recommendations to us for our photographer and officiant – both also exceeded our expectations. Donna communicated all of the details to us and answered all of our questions promptly and again in great detail. That’s what I loved most about her, is that she didn't leave any room for guessing and gave us all of the information up front. There was no stress or worry in preparing for our wedding day – I only wish all brides could experience what I did!

It gets better! We stayed over and were able to have our first meal as husband and wife in our room with breakfast served to us. Delicious, fresh, and romantic all at the same time. The service and standards this place sets forth is what all businesses should aim for. As for the wedding, I will cherish every minute I spent under Main Street Manor’s roof and all of my 28 guests felt the same way too.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Vicki · Married on 09/20/2014

We would highly recommend Main Street Manor to any couple looking for an intimate wedding venue. Donna and Ken were a pleasure to work with a did a fantastic job! The let us customize a package that best fit our group. The house and gardens were the perfect venue and all of the details were just as we wanted them to be! The food was great, the cake was delicious, and the flowers were beautiful! We were even able to work it out to have our guests stay over for a night and have a formal breakfast together the next morning. It was the perfect day and a prefect venue for our group of 8.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Holly · Married on 06/21/2014

We had our wedding and reception at Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn in Flemington, NJ in June 2014. The owners, Donna and Ken were wonderful to work with and took care of our every wish! The thing that makes this venue perfect for any intimate celebration is that with Donna, you are basically getting a wedding planner and venue in one! After doing a bit of research online and getting an idea of what planning a wedding would entail had we done it ourselves, it was a huge relief to be able to hand over the details to Donna and know they would be taken care of. From the moment we spoke to her on the phone for the first time, we knew Main Street Manor was the place for us.
    On the actual wedding day, Donna ensured that everything went smoothly from corralling the flowers girls and positioning the musicians to timing the food and the champagne toast. Her discreet and phenomenal work allowed us to focus on fully experiencing the day with our family and friends.
    All of the food was amazing. The hors d'oeuvres were top notch and everyone raved about the cheese assortment. We got to bring our own wine, so that is a plus both for budget and for wine connoisseurs (we had all NJ wines – huge hit!). We chose to go with the “buffet style” package and that allowed for half of our party to be formally seated and the other half to sit more casually, taking advantage of the spacious front porch. We also hired musicians Donna recommended – a violin and guitar duo that played classical and contemporary music. The dinner was just as delicious as the appetizers and the cake was exceptional (one of our guests bakes professionally and she had a second piece!). Donna decorated the top of our red velvet cake with fresh flowers that were absolutely gorgeous.
    I highly recommend Main Street Manor Bed & Breakfast Inn. Our wedding was a day we will cherish forever and we are so lucky we found Donna & Ken at Main Street Manor.

Sent on 07/03/2014

Mariela · Married on 04/26/2014

The wedding was so beautiful and perfect and all thanks to donna. She's the best wedding planning ever. Thanks there is not words to explain how perfect it was.

Sent on 05/10/2014

megan · Married on 04/13/2014

Donna and Ken are amazing. They made are special day everything we hoped it would be. It was relaxed, well planned, beautiful and went off with out a single problem. From day one Donna was attentive, helpful and extremely professional. I would recommend this venue to anyone, and i hope their business thrives and they have many more weddings at their home in the future.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/11/2014

Absolutely perfect elopement. It was wonderful, everything about our special day was amazing.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 12/20/2013

IDEAL choice for your wedding or party - My husband & eloped here and couldn't have been happier with the superb service we received from Donna & her husband at their lovely bed & breakfast. If you don't want to worry about anything, have your dream wedding a reality, and want to have no regrets, choose this venue. Very reasonably priced for the excellent service, attention to detail and very intimate setting. You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Mary Claire and Paul · Married on 11/09/2013

We had the most wonderful day thanks to Donna and Ken. They made the entire process very simple, we didn't have to do anything. Their home and the accomodations were absolutely beautiful, right down to the very last detail. Our guests enjoyed the experience as well and are still talking about how wonderful the whole day was.

Mary Claire and Paul Koptis

Sent on 11/18/2013

Mark · Married on 11/07/2013

Donna and Ken at Main St. Manor made our wedding day perfect. From the wedding cake, flowers, ceremony, reception and room accomodations, everything was perfect. We and our wedding guests were impressed with the attention given by Donna to all the little details that make for an unforgettable day. What a beautiful B&B to have a wedding at !

Sent on 11/25/2013

Ralph · Married on 10/19/2013

Main Street Manor is an outstanding business run by Donna and Ken. My wife and I booked with them in January for our October wedding. We met with them unsure of how to set up anything; all we knew was that we wanted a small wedding with around 30 family members. When my wife and I first arrived for our consultation, Donna and Ken warmly greeted and welcomed us into their Victorian home. Donna was very eager and successful at making us feel at ease with the whole process. The entire meeting was simple in choosing exactly what we needed, due entirely to Donna and Ken's attentiveness and organization. Main Street Manor would provide us with a beautiful venue, seasonal flowers for our Fall wedding, wonderful décor, a custom cake, and a variety of delicious food chosen from a diverse menu. They even recommended an officiant.

The wedding turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined. It went by so smoothly with great service from their staff. We stayed overnight in the "Forget Me Not" suite and were served an exquisite breakfast in the morning. Ken and Donna made us feel very comfortable. We recommend Main Street Manor to anyone looking for an intimate event with professional, stress-free service. You will have a special, one of a kind experience with Ken and Donna.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Rich · Married on 10/13/2013

Our wedding was simply awesome! Michelle and I couldn't be more pleased with all the personal effort of love and care Donna infused into our wedding day. Donna demonstrated great personal pride in managing our special day in a seamless manner. The grounds and interior of her Victorian Home were immaculately prepared. All of the food from our appetizers to our entree's to our dessert were deliciously prepared and well presented. Donna arranged a helpful staff that pleasantly cared for all our guests needs. She is a unique individual that truly reflects a genuine down-to-earth quality that we were honored to have a first hand experience of. Thank you for making our wedding day such a joyful, happy and meaningful experience! .......... Michelle and Rich Braconi

Sent on 10/28/2013

Dana · Married on 09/28/2013

Main Street Manor was the perfect place to have our intimate wedding. The inn itself is cozy and beautiful and the innkeepers, Donna and Ken were a pleasure to work with. They took away all of the stress if actually planning a wedding, considering they do everything for you! They recommended our officiant and coordinate with local caterers, bakers and florists. The food was delicious, the property is well kept and gorgeous and our reception was absolutely elegant and personal. We were looking to have a small wedding, and Main Street Manor made it special, perfect and grand without the hassle of planning everything. My husband and I couldn't picked a better place to have our wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Alison · Married on 09/15/2013

Donna and Ken did a wonderful job hosting our intimate wedding at the Manor Street Manor! Donna is very professional and organized! She knew exactly the right questions to ask in order to help with all the details of our day. The cake, flowers and dinner were outstanding...just how I envisioned. The whole process of our wedding was so easy and stress free I thought I was forgetting something! ;) Their Victorian house was beautiful and our 15 guests were truly impressed with how everything turned out. I cannot thank Donna and Ken enough for all of their hard work to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2013
  • Helen

Helen · Married on 08/03/2013

Working with Donna and the Main Street Manor was such a wonderful and stress free experience! From our initial meeting, to the day of the wedding, everything ran smoothly. The decor was wonderful, the food was amazing, the attention to detail was on point, and the inn keeper's hospitality was wonderful! If you are into intimate weddings, The Main Street Manor is the place for you!!

-Helen Kerins :-)))

Sent on 08/08/2013

Rebecca · Married on 07/29/2013

We had a small wedding with our families at the inn and it was simply wonderful! Donna, one of the owners, was fantastic and helped take care of all the details (connected us with an officiant, worked with the florist to create my bouquet, ordered the cake, selected and prepared a variety of hors d'oeurves). She was on top of everything, answering all my questions and checking in so that our special day would go smoothly. Main Street Manor is beautiful and our experience was perfect!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Jackie · Married on 07/27/2013

This review will do Donna and Ken no justice, but I am going to try:
    My day was absolutely perfect. From the first time I reached out to see the Inn, there wasn't a time that they weren't professional, accessible, helpful, etc. I worked closely with Donna on all of the details, and she was the reason I booked. She just understood what I wanted and literally made everything happen. I knew I wanted things to be "pretty" and feel "special" but Donna took everything to a whole other level. Everyone she recommended was phenomenal; the cake was absolutely amazing; the food was delicious; and she was there for me the entire day. She brought her calmness to me whenever she stopped in to check on me and it really made all of the difference. Ken was also our ring bearer - so great. It was so nice having two thoughtful people there with us on our special day. They are so genuine.

PS. Their clientele is fabulous. Staying at bed and breakfast, many walks of life can come through a door. Each guest was more magnificent than the next. My husband and I kept saying to each out how thankful we are to be around even more great people.

All round, the Main Street Manor Bed and Breakfast is a terrific place to get married, and Donna & Ken are the dream team.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Jenny · Married on 07/20/2013

My husband and I knew we wanted to have a small wedding. I started to research small/intimate weddings in NY and NJ, and stumbled upon Main Street Manor. After browsing through their website and seeing that they specialize in small weddings, I knew I had to check them out in person. After one meeting with Donna at the inn, I knew it was the perfect place for our big day, and we set a date. From day one, Donna was not only playing host, she was planning. She helped arrange everything from the caterer, to the Reverend, to the music, to the flowers! No stone was left unturned, and in the end we had an extraordinary day. I told Donna early on that I just wanted to show up that day, and that's exactly how it went! Everything was absolute perfection, and I never felt the least bit stressed out through the entire process. Donna is great at what she does, because she genuinely loves doing it, and wants you to have an amazing day. She and Ken take great pride in what they do, not just as wedding planners, but also as inn keepers. The night of the wedding we decided to stay over at the inn, which was a great decision. In the morning we were treated to breakfast in bed! Overall, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I cannot recommend Main Street Manor enough to those couples who would like to have a small wedding that still feels important and significant. We cannot wait to go back for a little weekend getaway. Donna and Ken don't just treat you like a customer, they treat you like a guest in their home. They are truly two of the nicest people you will ever meet, and made our wedding more special than we could have even imagined.

Sent on 08/13/2013