Maia Pearl Catering Reviews

5 | New York, NY

5 Reviews for Maia Pearl Catering

Maria · Married on 06/09/2017

We used Maia Pearl for our wedding at the Metropolitan Building. Sasha was really helpful and provided wonderful recommendations along the way. We decided to serve the food family style and it was such a great choice! So many of guests contacted us in the days after the wedding to rave about the food and also comment on how lovely it was to have it family style, as it really allowed them to mingle with everyone at the tables. Even certain family members who I know are the toughest critics, stopped me during the reception to talk about how delicious the food was. Aside from the food actually tasting exceptional, the amount you get is unbelievable. From the massive cheese board during cocktail hour to main entrees and sides, everything was spectacular.

My husband and I were honestly just hoping for the best because we didn't get to do a tasting beforehand. It was the best surprise. Our guests left so satisfied and impressed! You won't be disappointed with Maia Pearl.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Emily · Married on 01/03/2015

Maia Pearl Catering is the in-house caterer for the Metropolitan Building. Unlike many other venues, though, you can choose whether or not to use them. But as soon as we went for the tasting, we knew we'd go with them! Chef Sasha's food was simply delicious. Though she cooked for our wedding of nearly 250 people, the food didn't taste mass-produced or, well, wedding-y. Lots of compliments. Plus, Sasha was really nice to work with. We emailed back and forth a bunch, asking for her recommendations, and she was responsive and easy-going.

Sent on 01/18/2015

Kimberly · Married on 09/27/2014

We were very happy with Maia Pearl Catering for our wedding at the Metropolitan Building. The food was excellent and much more reasonably priced than using an outside caterer. Sasha was responsive via email, and the day went flawlessly. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Sheri · Married on 08/31/2013

Maia Pearl Catering is the in-house caterers at the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City. I was a bit nervous about using them at first because I couldn't really find any reviews on their food. However, once my fiancé and I went for a tasting about 6 weeks before our wedding, my fears were erased. Their food is excellent!

Sasha is easy to communicate with, which we did solely through email. This was perfect for me as I live overseas. Sasha sent us a list of dishes that they regularly make, from which we could pick. However, we also had the option of asking them to make other dishes (i.e. family recipes, etc). We ended up choosing from their standard list which had a good amount of variety. Included in their standard per person price is one stationary hors d'oeuvre, four passed hors d'oeuvres, a plated salad, two main dishes, and three sides (i.e. pastas/potatoes/veggies).

We ended up selecting Filet with Chimichurri sauce and Tilapia with vidalia onions with asparagus, root veggies, and roasted potatoes as sides.

Everyone loved the food! We had originally thought about getting one of the high-end caterers for the wedding but alas! our budget would not support this. I'm so glad we didn't. Maia Pearl Catering's food was excellent and at a much more reasonable price. Our guests loved the food at our wedding, which is great too!

Sent on 09/15/2013

Sandy · Married on 05/09/2014

Maia Pearl Catering is the on-site catering vendor for The Metropolitan Building. There was some confusion about whether I needed to contract with catering separately from the venue or not (We did not), and whether we needed to sign some additional addendums with the venue to get the catering (we did not). It was a little loosey-goosey for me, but it all worked out.

Sasha is very easy to work with. She has an extensive menu to select from, and she's happy to incorporate recipes of your own. Since we had a blended wedding (Western/Indian), we ordered some Indian food from an outside vendor to supplement the food we were getting onsite. She offered to serve that as well at no additional charge.

For some couples, this catering may not be what you're looking for. They only offer buffet or family style serving. If you are looking for plated service, you'll have to contract with an outside vendor.

I thought the servers and bartenders were professional and very easy to work with. We had ample food and our guests raved about the selections we offered.

I would happily use Sasha again.

Sent on 06/06/2014