Leise Jones Photography Reviews

50 | Roslindale, MA

50 Reviews for Leise Jones Photography

• Emily

Emily Seaman · Married on 09/12/2019

Still getting compliments about Leise! :)

We are SO HAPPY that we booked Leise as our wedding photographer! She is so welcoming, thoughtful, flexible, and supportive. From our very first meeting she helped us feel comfortable and relaxed, while also walking us through lots of details and questions (which is not an easy thing to do!). She is extremely knowledgeable and helped us think through not only our photography schedule, but also the schedule of our event itself! Since we didn't have a wedding planner, her expertise had a huge impact on our ability to put together an event that ran smoothly. Leise was very flexible and worked with us to find a photography package that fit our budget and goals. Her photos are wonderful and immortalize so many lovely moments that I would have missed or forgotten without her there to capture everything for us. Leise is such a pro and anticipated so many of our questions, needs, and things we didn't even know to think about! We continue to get compliments from both our families about how great she was to work with :) We absolutely will recommend Leise to anyone else looking for a wedding photographer in the Boston area. She's fantastic!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Emily! This is such a nice review and I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so fun and laid-back and really represented YOU, which I loved to see. It was an honor for me to be there!!
  • Alexa

Alexa Shola · Married on 08/30/2019

Leise Jones is YOUR Photgrapher

I don't even know where to begin to describe how amazing, kind, and talented Leise is. If you want a photographer that will support you, guide you, be extremely accessible, and take breathtaking, REAL photos - then Leise is your girl! From the very beginning Leise was there to support my husband and I, and not just from a photography standpoint. She helped us learn about what to expect in the general process leading up to the day and of course, what to expect the day of. Obviously, we had no clue what we were doing or what to expect, but Leise was there to keep us calm and put things into perspective to help us make any decisions. We had Leise do our "Get To Know You" photos, which are essentially engagement photos, but she names it differently because she uses this as an opportunity to truly get to know the couple she is working with. We were relaxed the whole time and she let us BE US. My husband and I knew right away that Leise was special because of her approach, high level of expertise, and her portfolio of work. For our wedding day, we relied on Leise heavily, and boy did she step up! We also had a second photographer, Danielle, who was simply wonderful and fun to work with. Leise just knew what to do, what to say, and where to be - and she worked with my other vendors extremely well. Many of our guests were raving about her, especially because she took the time to learn everyone's names and special needs/accommodations - now that's a photographer who TRULY cares. Her photos speak for themselves, but Leise had our backs from the very beginning we signed our contract with her. Her dedication, honesty, and personality are a huge part of what makes her the amazing photographer that she is. BOOK HER!!! I promise you not only will your photos be the photos that you always dreamed of having to look back on your wedding day, but you will have a photographer that will go above and beyond for you on the most important day of your life.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Wow, Alexa, thank you for this amazing review! We loved working with you and Joe and your incredible families! Thank YOU!
  • Erin

Erin Donohue · Married on 06/02/2019

Look no further for your wedding photographer

Leise is the best! Not only is she a fantastic photographer, but she is an all around wonderful person. Leise was detail-oriented, fun, and most importantly captured gorgeous photos of our day. Several family members commented "your photographer is awesome!" because she moved us through the "formal" photo taking process with both professionalism and humor. We had a lengthy shot list of small group photos that we wanted and Leise was all over it, making sure we checked everything off the list. Her experience shines through in everything she does, and we loved working with her!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Aw, thanks, Erin! I think you're an all around wonderful person, too! I loved working with you, Mike, and your families!

Allison Pagliaro · Married on 10/12/2018

Leise is a joy to work with!

Leise's photographs are amazing and working with her was a pleasure. She was friendly and knowledgeable. Any time we had a question she had the answer ready before we asked. The "Get to Know You" session was a great way to get to know each other and practice working with a photographer. On the day of our wedding, she was so helpful in getting everyone organized. Our formal photos took no time at all - she directed everyone efficiently and checked in with us throughout the reception. The photos we received are beautiful. From formal, to informal, to candids, every single photograph is great. We highly recommend Leise as a wedding photographer.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Allison! You two were awesome to work with. It was an honor to be the one to document your day.

Angela · Married on 08/18/2018

We could not have asked for a better experience than we had working with Leise! She is the utmost professional and made us feel at ease at every turn (even when I was inexplicably 15 minutes late to start the family photos!). She knows her stuff and was able to secure amazing shots of our special day while being unobtrusive to the point of making me wonder if she had received earlier training as a ninja. She was equally able to keep chatty uncles and squirrely kids in line while snapping away and never missing a key moment. We loved working with her and recommend her highly.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Matt · Married on 07/21/2018

Leise was an absolute joy to work with! We knew choosing a photographer was going to be a challenge for us, not because we had particularly challenging style in mind, but because we had a wedding full of people who are notably and unashamedly camera-shy. While the quality of the work was in course important, finding a photographer who really got us and had a great energy and knew how to deal with tricky subjects was actually the most important thing. Leise was that photographer, hands-down. She listened to what we had in mind and delivered in spades. We wanted to see all the moments we'd miss during the day, just by the nature of not being able to be everywhere at once—it's like she cloned herself on that day and captured every last candid moment. Enjoying our photos (which were delivered blazingly fast just a month after the ceremony—I know friend who waited six months to see theirs from other photographers) was like reliving the best parts of the day from a whole new angle. She got photos of people (smiling too!) who I have never seen in front of a camera, let alone looking like they were enjoying it. If this kind of great chemistry and flow is important to you for your big day, Leise would be a perfect fit for you—she definitely was for us.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Maggie · Married on 05/26/2018

Leise is amazing! She captured real wedding moments in such a beautiful way. She was such a pleasure to work with and made us feel comfortable every step of the process from the getting to know you session through our wedding day. She was great at getting our large families organized for efficient photos at the right time. Next time we need a photographer she will absolutely be our first call.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2018

We loved having Leise as our wedding photographer. Not only does she take amazing, heartfelt photos which speak for themselves, she was also such a great presence on our wedding day. She was high energy yet calming at the same time - all our friends and family raved about her. We loved the time we shared with her and the pictures she took for us - we would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sisir · Married on 03/17/2018

Leise was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had our wedding in Boston in March 2018 and I was initially very apprehensive about photography as I generally don't like posed pictures. Leise helped us structure our event such that the key photographs were all taken in alotted 1/2 hr slot and the majority of the pictures were mostly candid. She captured our day wonderfully and we are very happy with the results. She also made an effort to aquaint herself with everyone in the wedding party and in the end was part of our families and we loved having her at our wedding. Also I must thank here for the guidance based on her experience with other weddings on the little things such as "where the boutenniere's go on a suit!"

She was very flexible to our unique needs of a cross cultural wedding (south indian-jewish mash up). She was focused on the day and was 100% on top of her game, its a pleasure to watch someone who is at the top of their craft and we recommend her highly to other couples! The guests at the wedding also like her a lot, she was warm and enjoyable to be around and made the experience fun for all!

Yay! Leise!

Sisir & Rebecca
    Mar 17th, The Bostonian Hotel

Sent on 04/21/2018

Jillian · event on: 01/13/2018

Leise is a fantastic person as well as an amazing photographer. We have her booked for our wedding coming up in October 2018 and she includes a get-to-know-you photo session akin to engagement photos, which is the event I am currently reviewing. She was flexible setting up a time with us since we live out of state, and even spent some extra time chatting with us, sans camera. Getting to know her background and experiences gave me a deep appreciation for what she does. Leise made us feel so comfortable during the photo shoot that we were able to really be ourselves. That level of comfort shows in the beautiful pictures she took! I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by how quickly she got the photos back to us, and I am truly in love with them. Everyone I show them to comments on how wonderful they are, how talented Leise is, and that they look forward to having her at the wedding. And I couldn’t agree more! I am that much more excited for my wedding day, and it is a relief knowing we will have Leise there to capture the moments in stunning art form for us to cherish forever. I would highly recommend Leise to anyone in need of photography services! I cannot say enough good things about this fabulous human being and her work.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 01/06/2018

If you are looking for a photographer to capture your special moment--wedding, engagement, birth of a child, new home, new chapter in life..whatever! Hire Leise NOW! She is not only the most incredible and professional photographer, but such an amazing person. Leise will take the time to get to know you, who you are and what your story is. To me, that is the making of the perfect photographer--because she will know what you are trying to share <3 I had the great pleasure of having her work with my husband and I for our wedding, and it was such a blessing. She was coaching us through the whole process, captured the most beautiful photos, edited them and got them back to us with such a quick turnaround. Seriously, email her now..she's the best ! :)

Sent on 06/03/2018

Caroline · Married on 09/30/2017

Leise is wonderful! For months after the wedding, people commented on how wonderful the photographer was. Our photos are gorgeous too! Leise was so awesome to work with throughout the process and was amazing on wedding day!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Caroline!! I loved working with you and Kyle and your families, too!

Alyssa · Married on 09/30/2017

Leise was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made it a point to reach out to me the "mother of the groom" to make sure that everyone got the photos on their wish list. We had ALOT of family and she was very organized with getting them all taken. The best part is that she captured ALL of the happiness and love! My favorite was the range of emotions during the mother son dance (realized i am not crying is not my most flattering) but displayed the raw emotion of the moment and of course the ones of my grandbabies.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Donna · Married on 07/09/2016

Leise was an amazing photographer and she was so fun to work with! Both my husband and I aren’t used to being in the spotlight but Leise made it so comfortable so we could focus on enjoying our wedding day. I love looking at our wedding photos and she captured our day so beautifully.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Donna! I remember how much you warmed up after our Get to Know You Session, so I think that helped you feel comfortable on your wedding day. Plus, you and Dan look so great together!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/25/2016

Leise was amazing! Her photos captured our day so perfectly, and I loved how natural they all were. We loved all of the pictures so much that it's impossible to choose favorites! She was wonderful to work with; you can tell that she truly loves what she does. She was just as excited about our wedding day as we were! She was also an awesome guest at our wedding, and our guests all felt like they were able to approach her to ask for pictures. We'll definitely use her again!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Lynn · event on: 06/23/2016

We worked with Leise to take headshots of individual and groups of employees for use in marketing materials. We also worked with Leise to come into Boston public school with us, where we do most of our work, to photograph students in classrooms. Leise was a pleasure to work with, and has been tremendously responsive in terms of providing us with digital access to her photographs and helping us to select the best ones for our purposes.

Sent on 02/13/2018
  • U

Urvi · Married on 02/29/2016

Leise was first recommended to me by a good friend. I instantly trusted her and felt her warmth and enthusiasm from our first phone call and meeting. She was so flexible and easy to work with and the very best memories from our special day are now captured, flawlessly, thanks to Leise's careful eye and unique ability to find special moments in everything.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Eliza · Married on 10/17/2015

We hired Leise for our wedding on 10/17/15 and she was absolutely fantastic! We loved having the "getting to know you" engagement photo session ahead of time so that we knew her style on the day of our wedding. Leise and her assistant Danielle were incredibly personable, professional, and made us feel at ease during our wedding. They were also very unobtrusive during the reception, which was wonderful because we knew that our special day was being documented but didn't feel like we had cameras in our faces! Leise is able to capture the essence of important moments and this is reflected in her beautiful photography. We are so glad that she was available to work with us, and please, if you are reading this review - look no further! You have found the best photographer out there. Thank you, Leise, for capturing our memories in photos for us to look back on forever.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/03/2015

Having Leise as our photographer contributed so much to our incredibly happy experience of our wedding. Most importantly of course, she is an amazing photographer and she captured moments that look in photos exactly the way they felt in the moment. Also invaluable are the extra contributions that come from her willingness to share all sorts of wedding wisdom. She is the ideal photographer AND planner, advisor, and friend to have beside you on your wedding day!

Our lengthy search for a photographer concluded as soon as we met Leise for coffee. We felt instantly comfortable and connected with her. My husband and I are infamous for being awkward in front of a camera, so our priorities included finding a photographer who could increase our comfort, provide some good coaching, and focus more on natural moments than poses. The getting-to-know-you shoot proved that Leise can make anyone smile naturally - we arrived so nervous and ended up laughing and enjoying our way through the entire shoot. We left feeling ready to tackle wedding day photos with ease and confidence.

Leise encouraged us to ask her any wedding planning questions, even if not directly photography related, as she has a wealth of experience (and as she pointed out, a professional investment in the day running smoothly, as a great wedding leads to happy guests, which makes for the best pictures!). She steered us right with all of our questions.

On the wedding day itself, she and her second shooter, Danielle, were fantastic at keeping everyone calm, taking care of anything they noticed needed doing, and helping us manage the timeline of the day.

Leise understood exactly what we were looking for, followed through with all plans, and produced photos that are just gorgeous. We have spent many hours just reveling in the photos and reliving the happiest day of our life through them! We are so thankful to Leise for all of her help and beautiful work, and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 02/13/2016

Abbi · Married on 08/30/2015

Leise was such a huge help. Not only were the pictures amazing, not only was she pleasant and fun to work with, but she had amazing advice for us on all of the details of the wedding. We learned so much from her! On top of that she organized the quickest and most effecient cat herding of our families during the formal group photos of any photographer I have ever seen. We are so so grateful!

Sent on 06/29/2016

My husband and I renewed our vows. We had our ceremony at our Temple and a small backyard party at our home. We asked Leise to takes photos of the ceremony and family/friends only. Leise was extremely accommodating. Since this was not our wedding but a renewal, we wanted the pictures not to be traditional. We wanted creativity. Leise did just that. The pictures reflected the love and joy of the event. All the family commented on how wonderful she was to work with and how great the pictures came out. We feel lucky to have found her.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Leise did an absolutely FANTASTIC job at our wedding and with our photos. We could not be happier with our decision to hire her.

We met with several photographers, and we liked two things in particular about Leise upon first meeting her. First, she is extremely nice and very relaxed. We figured that any added stress to our wedding was a bad idea, and Leise is a wonderfully calming influence. Second, we liked that her photos captured the spontaneous and fun moments at weddings faithfully. Too many photographers are very "artsy" or show only heavily posed photos. We liked that Leise chooses to display a lot of candids and party photos in addition to posed photos. Leise also offered very competitive prices for her quality!

Based on our initial impression, Leise did not disappoint. We did an hour "getting to know you"/engagement photo session that was casual and helped us develop a rapport with her and feel comfortable in front of her camera (in addition to getting some great pictures) which was included in our package. On the big day, she was a joy to work with and exactly the calming influence we needed. When things started out late, she rolled with the punches, and she solved several problems we had with a shuttle bus that was supposed to take us to some outdoor locations for family photos. At the ceremony and reception she was barely noticeable, and with formal pictures she was quick and efficient so that we could spend a lot of time at cocktail hour while making it so that I did not see my wife until she was walking down the aisle. Overall, Leise made our day EASY.

And did I mention the pictures? They are fantastic! We had one moment in our ceremony where there was a spontaneous moment of laughter, and Leise got it perfectly. The candid party photos capture the moment better than any memory or video could. She told us she would be able to cover a 130-person wedding without a second shooter and she did a wonderful job. Overall highly recommended!

Sent on 07/25/2015

I am so glad we hired Leise as our photographer. Throughout the process--from getting to know each other initially to assembling our album of gorgeous pictures--Leise exuded competence and flexibility. When we said out of state wedding (Connecticut), she was down. When I said that I didn't want to do a first look AND that I wanted portraits to be taken with a brutal efficiency that would have me back at cocktail hour, she said no problem. When we threw her sort of crazy logistics to knock out pictures with our respective families at multiple locations prior to the ceremony, she was totally on board. Leise is able to take control of the situation gently if that's what is needed, but she is also completely able to roll with things and have fun.

In terms of our actual photographs, I could not be happier. There were so many beautiful shots that it was hard to choose our favorites (we narrowed the list down to about 150). Neither of us is especially natural in front of the camera, but Leise made it easy and not-awkward to get some really lovely pictures. Leise got us a little sneak peak quickly, then promptly followed up with the edited photos, then patiently guided us through the process of assembling our album.

Overall, I am so, so happy we selected Leise to be with us on our wedding day, and I would hire her again in a second.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Leise photographed our wedding and we are thrilled with the photos and with our experience working with her. From the "get to know you" engagement session, to the day itself, Leise was helpful in talking about the kinds of photos we were looking for and giving good advice. She was definitely in tune with our priorities, which were that we capture the day, but not miss out because we were off posing for lots of photos. For the family photos, Leise did a great job keeping everyone organized and switched people in and out quickly. Everything went so smoothly. She orchestrated our first look beautifully as well. We highly recommend Leise!

Sent on 06/19/2015