25 Mystic Street, Arlington, MA 02474 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

5 Reviews for Studio Atticus

• I

Isabelle · Married on 09/13/2014

Connie made me feel so relaxed on my wedding day. She is a true professional and has such an amazing eye. My husband and I were completely blown away by our photos and her creativity. She has a way of capturing simple candid moments in the most beautiful way. We're so grateful she was our photographer!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Dahlia · Married on 03/17/2013

It's a little hard to describe how thrilled we were having Connie, the owner of Studio Atticus, as our wedding photographer. I'll start with the thing that most people probably prioritize in selecting their photographer: the quality and artistry of the photos themselves. Connie's work is quite simply stunning. She documented our day in the most beautiful way, delivering many hundreds of images that artistically captured fleeting instants, glances, hugs, kisses, dance moves, and expressions. She managed to paint people in their most flattering light while ensuring that everyone still looks like their true selves. Connie's work speaks for itself, but for what it's worth, I truly believe she's one of the very best photographers (among many talented photographers) working in New England.

In addition, Connie is a total sweetheart with a warm and genuine personality that is uniquely suited to this work. She has a wonderful way of putting people at ease (which really does make the day so much more enjoyable--remember you'll be spending quite a bit of time with whomever you hire to photograph your wedding), understanding and effectively but always politely and tactfully handling the family circumstances and dynamics that inevitably arise at a wedding, and so forth. She is a consummate professional; during the ceremony and reception she was so unobtrusive that we were hardly aware she was taking photos.

I guess my big-picture view on the importance of wedding photos is that when the celebration's over, all that's left--besides the happy memories of course--are the images. So I happen to think ending up with photos you love and will enjoy sharing with your kids and grandchildren one day is very important--more so than the flowers, music, cake, etc. We are incredibly happy with ours and would wholeheartedly give Connie and Studio Atticus the highest possible recommendation.

Sent on 04/28/2013

We used Studio Atticus for our wedding and she was great. Connie is very knowledgeable and takes lovely photos! We were looking for photos that had an artistic element but also captured the all the moments and details of the day. She has a very sweet and calm attitude, which can be great amid the chaos of the wedding day.

She took the time to visit our venue (Boston Public Library) with us beforehand and talk through some of the best places to capture photos. She also did a great job of giving us options for balancing our wish list of photos with realistic expectations. For example, we wanted some group shots w/ friends at the wedding and the amount of time it would take to gather all the folks we wanted in the pics would have eaten up a huge chunk of time during the reception so we opted only to do a few.

We ending up ordering a wedding album through her. The cost was very high but the finished product was beautiful. My husband and I had very specific ideas of what photos we wanted and also specific preferences for the layout and Connie was very accommodating. At the same time, had we not had very specific opinions re: layout, she would have also be able to come up with a beautiful album on her own.

Definitely would recommend Studio Atticus!

Sent on 11/08/2014