Julia Baker Confections Reviews

17 | Scottsdale, AZ

17 Reviews for Julia Baker Confections

Jodi · Married on 11/08/2013

Thank you to Julia Baker Confections for my amazing Bridal Shower at the Biltmore Dessert Cafe as well as the decadent custom chocolate favors that I gave away as place settings. So good, so easy to work with and well worth the $$.

Jenna · Married on 05/05/2012

I am so excited to have been able to work with Kelly from Julia Baker. I felt that the cake design was my favorite portion of planning. I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for with my cake prior to our first appointment. Kelly was very sweet and allowed me to see different options in their workshop so I could design something perfect for our "cinco de mayo" celebration. I couldn't have been more pleased with the cake- our guests were amazed both by the gorgeous appearance and the incredible taste! I can't wait for our first year anniversary to taste the cake again! Thank you Julia Baker!

• Tara

Tara · Married on 03/24/2012

We feel SO lucky to have had our wedding cake and our wedding favors provided by the amazing Julia Baker! Our cake was absolutely beautiful and our 2 piece chocolate favors were so yummy! We received so many wonderful compliments! Kelly was such a joy to work with! She worked with us to create our dream wedding cake, provided us with endless cake and chocolate tastings, and was just so friendly and helpful. We can't wait to enjoy our top tier on our 1 year anniversary!

Sheena · Married on 03/08/2012

Yum yum yum! I wish I could use her again for my wedding... That's how good she was for the engagement party! My cake was my favorite item of the night and EVERYONE kept talking about the cake for weeks :)

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2011

Not only did Julia Baker do our wedding cake but they also provided chocolates for our favors. Kelly is so helpful through the process and even let us come in the do a tasting on all the different chocolates that they offer. The cake looked exactly like we had asked and it tasted amazing. Their fondant is actually edible and taste good compared to a lot of cakes. We plan on ordering a small cake on our 1 year anniversary from them, and who knows it might become a yearly tradition.

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2011

Amazing service. Everyone loved the cake at my wedding. Everyone wanted to know who did my cake. We also did cake balls they are to die for. The red velvet choclate cake balls you will be hooked. I can't say enough about Juila Baker you woul be crazy not to use them.

Natalie · Married on 10/22/2011

Julie Baker's cakes are amazing! My wedding cake turned out PERFECT! No one in town even compares!

Michelle · Married on 10/30/2010

Wow! What a dream! I remember walking into her studio the first time and feeling like I wanted to either move in or make a new friend! Her cakes are inspired and delicious. She managed to take ideas I had and make the most gorgeous cake that was both a scene stealer and delectable. We cannot wait to try it again on our one year!!

• U

Ursula · Married on 10/16/2010

My husband and I could not have been happier with JBC and our GORGEOUS wedding cake! The customer service there by both Julia and Kelly were great. Julia really listened to exactly what we wanted, drew sketches for us, let us taste numerous different flavors and fillings and delivered exactly what we wanted. We had a 3-tier round chocolate and white cake with the swiss meringue filling in both. It was so delicious! Our guests raved about how yummy the cake was. And of course it looked beautiful with a very thin layer of white shimmery fondant, ribbon, quilting and pearls. Perfection!

• W

Becky · Married on 05/30/2010

Julia Baker Confections is amazing. The cake was simply elegant and decorated exactly the way we invisioned. And it was one of the best tasting wedding cakes I have ever tasted. We recommend Julia to anyone looking for a great wedding cake.

Amber · Married on 05/30/2010

My wedding cake from Julia Baker's Confections was divine!
    We had a two tiered, round white sponge cake with raspberry gelee and Swiss meringue filling, covered in butter-cream frosting and the best fondant I've ever experienced.
    While JBC is known for some of the most beautifully decorated cakes, they were happy to oblige the clean, modern simplicity that I envisioned when it came to the appearance of my dream cake. It was smooth, ivory fondant, finished with ivory grosgrain ribbon and expertly topped by JBC with gorgeous succulents provided by Butterfly Petals.
    While our wedding cake was the most expensive cake I've ever eaten it was easily, hands down, the best cake I've ever tasted. My only regret is that we didn't order a bigger one. Not a crumb was left and we even sacrificed the top tier. I should have ordered a separate cake for my husband and I to devour all by ourselves later that evening. And now that we don't have the top part to save and eat on our first anniversary we'll just have to have JBC recreate a mini version for us to enjoy then.....only 50 weeks to go and totally looking forward to it!

Cori · Married on 05/08/2010

All I can say about our wedding cake from Julia Baker is WOW! We went with the chocolate petal cake and it was Gorgeous! People still talk about how unique and beautiful it was! Not to mention, it tasted absolutely amazing :) Working with Kelly was a real pleasure!

• Linda

Linda · Married on 04/09/2010

I am so thrilled Julia make our cake! I couldn't have asked for a better person to turn my dreams into a reality. Julia is truly gifted, she started off our interview by getting to know us and then we tried her AMAZING chocolates. She def. has unique cakes if you want something "different" and tailors it to your personality.

brooke · Married on 03/26/2010

The Red Velvet cake is the best wedding cake you could ever imagine!! It was so moist and flavorful my mouth is watering just thinking about it! Julia was so helpful with the cake selection and design process, it was sucha pleasure to work with her. The cake was SO beautiful all my guests were commenting on how spectacular the cake was. Thanks Julia!

Tiffany · Married on 10/18/2009

Julia Baker is amazing. I think every single one of our guests has since commented to us how beautiful and unique our wedding cake was. She made us her signature petal cake, and it's not only breathtaking but the most delicious cake you will ever taste!
    She is also the nicest woman. She sat with us and sketched out many different ideas before we decided on the cake, and she personally sat with us during the whole cake tasting (where you also get to sample her world famous chocolates!).
    I had to call the office a few times to ask different questions and confirm details, and someone always returned my call within a few hours.
    We feel so fortuante that she was able to do our cake for us!

Emily · Married on 01/16/2010

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE I HAVE EVER TASTED! And I am a dessert-fiend and have tasted my fair share of chocolate cake. Julia fully supported our idea of a comprehensive dessert bar displayed on my mom's collection of antique cake plates. In some cases we used family recipes which she supported as well. Desserts included peanut butter balls, the quirky family-favorite Mocka Cakes, red velvet cake, german chocolate cake, coconut cake, etc. The wedding cake was several different flavors (all of which I tried the morning after the wedding) and I am still dreaming about her chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. Unreal.

Katie · Married on 06/05/2010

3.5
      3.5

Our tasting was personal and fun and our cake turned out beautiful and was delicious. The only reason I didn't give a higher score was because the color was not what we had asked for at our tasting. It was the wrong color green, a lime green instead of dark green, but since it was an accent color and not in direct light no one but us noticed. The price was also higher then I would have anticipated.