Artful Sweets LLC

Scottsdale, AZ View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Artful Sweets LLC specializes in bespoke wedding cakes and desserts in Scottsdale, Arizona. The owner, Susan Kolman, is an experienced pastry chef who loves to create customized wedding cakes that are bursting with personality and taste. Whether it’s an array of delicate French pastries or a classic three-tier wedding cake, this chef can provide your special day with delicious sweet treats.

Experience

Susan’s extensive training in classic French baking is what allows her to create innovative baked goods that taste as good as they look. After making the decision to abandon her high-level corporate job, she followed her passion for baking and creative artistry. She has spent years training and perfecting her skills in various Washington DC and Scottsdale AZ establishments and adores the opportunity to bring one-of-a-kind wedding-cake visions to life.

At Artful Sweets LLC, Susan wants your wedding cake to perfectly fit your shared one-of-a-kind vision. In your private tasting session, you'll sample a variety of flavors and outline every detail of your dream wedding cake. Susan believes that every detail of your cake shouldn't just taste incredible, but also be a reflection of you as a couple. As well as personalized cakes, she also offers a number of tantalizing baked goods to choose from, including cookies, mini-cakes, caramel tarts, and more. Dietary requirements will be taken into consideration, and there are a number of nut-free, and lactose-free options to choose from, made from superior-quality ingredients. All chosen desserts can be delivered and set up at your metropolitan Phoenix area wedding venue for a seamless and stress-free experience on your beautiful day.

• Woman-owned

$6

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$7

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Croquembouche
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Toppers

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local

Are you licensed by the state health department?

Not Required

4.7

Mary L. Married on 05/12/2022

I have a SWEET message to share about (Vendor) Artful Sweets. LLC

I have a SWEET message to share!

Earlier this year I commissioned a birthday cake to be created by ARTFUL SWEETS, LLC. I was looking for a combo of Red Velvet & Carrot Cake an all in one delight! To add to my request I was looking for a Tuscan looking colors of copper and gold for an exterior appeal. Owner Pastry Chef Susan Kolman fulfilled my cake combo challenge to a tee.

On another occasion, I had commissioned Susan of ARTFUL SWEETS, LLC. last year to make motorcycle cookies for my Dad's 79th birthday placing his year of wisdom on the gas tank (Dad use to race motorcycles when I was a little gal). I just knew she was my go-to person for challenge #2.

If you have a SWEET tooth (too) on your mind for an occasion I would encourage giving Susan of ARTFUL SWEETS, LLC a whirl for your special occasion at 480.268.0615 artfulsweetsaz@gmail.com and you will be floating with a super sugar high too!

I knew Susan of ARTFUL SWEETS, LLC was my go-to person AGAIN for challenge #3. I was super excited for the fun 80th birthday cookies for my Dad and his neighbors at the Assisted Living.

My dad had a "custom pool" business in his hay day (after the motorcycle days). I thought it would be fitting for "custom design" pool cookies for his big day created by pastry chef Susan Kolman Owner of Artful Sweets LLC.

I would so recommend Susan's company for your event She worked up a sketch for my approval on the cookie creations and delivered them personally to my door (all masked up). The presentation was in an adorable pastry pink box the masterpiece cookies were all individually wrapped. So if you are looking for custom cakes, cookies and other pastry delight you too will be amazed by Susan of ARTFUL SWEETS LLC. artfulsweetsaz@gmail.com 480.268.0615
    Lonnie S. Married on 05/07/2022

The Best Pastry Chef in Arizona

Susan Kolman is the most amazing Pastry Chef I have ever personally known. Having gone to Le Cordon Bleu and degreed in the Culinary Arts, I remember how hard the pastry classes were. Every time I see a new creation she does I am truly amazed. Not only are the cakes hard to believe that they are really a cake since they look like works of art. She did a cake for me for a friend that was moving away. My friend loved photography so I asked Susan if she could make a cake that looks like a camera. Oh my gosh I looked so real down to the leather strap to the buttons and the detail of it all. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Not only did it look like a real camera is was so delicious! Multiple layers of different flavors even the black fondant was delicious! I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a cake for any occasion, if you want something absolutely delicious and something that is work of art that you would never see anywhere else, please reach out to Susan. You won’t regret it!

Chef Lonnie Schatz
    Director of Sales

CULT Artisan Beverage Company
    2030 W Quail Ave
    Phoenix, Az 85027
    C: (832) 312-6842
  • Sarah
    Sarah G. Married on 01/29/2022

We’re SO happy with our experience with Susan and Artful Sweets!

We had such an outstanding experience with Susan from Artful Sweets for our recent wedding. She was very professional, creative, insightful and responsive. Both my husband and I work in the pet industry, so she made the perfect dog-themed cake and cupcakes for our wedding. We couldn’t be any happier with her skilled services! Many thanks!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Pricing

Team

Susan Kolman
Susan Kolman
Owner/Pastry Chef

Missing opportunities to use her creative nature, Susan left the corporate world, high heels, and briefcases to pursue her love of baking and pastry. Following her formal pastry training, she designed desserts for a variety of restaurants in the Washington, D.C. area. Prior to moving to Arizona, she the good fortune to work for an international food import company where she worked alongside a number of world-renowned pastry chefs honing her skills and techniques.

Susan moved to Scottsdale 13 years ago with her husband and loves living in the desert. When she's not working in the kitchen, testing recipes and new decorative techniques, consulting with wedding couples, or developing cake designs, you'll find her practicing yoga, playing with her dogs, spending time with friends and family, exploring the desert , and enjoying art and music all over the Valley.

Scottsdale Scottsdale, AZ, 85255
Location of (Artful Sweets LLC)

Other vendors in Phoenix for your wedding