JPO Concepts Reviews

26 Reviews for JPO Concepts

• Francesca

Francesca Mcculloch · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing experience!

I hired JPO for my 40th birthday celebrations and I couldn't be happier. From the very start they were incredibly professional but also very approachable and made the whole experience an easy and enjoyable one. From working with my budget to the very end details, I don't have anything other than praise.

I worked with Sean first and then Hadden who were such a pleasure, they always responded to my many email inquiries immediately and helped me navigate the whole process even if it wasn't in their immediate scope.

Every one of my guests commented on how delicious the food was, as well as beautifully presented. They worked with dietary restrictions of some of the guests and everyone, from the wait staff to the barmen were incredibly professional and attentive.

I had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and JPO made it come true. You won't regret hiring them to cater your next event.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Karen · Married on 11/09/2018

Great food and great service!

We hired JPO Concepts to cater a post-wedding party and could not have been happier with them. From the beginning they were incredibly helpful in helping us think through our various food options and design a customized menu that fit the vibe we were going for. And on the day of the event, everything came out perfectly! Our guests loved the food, and the staff were helpful, efficient and professional. Would highly recommend JPO for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

JPO Concepts was Amazing in planning my niece's sweet 16! couldn't ask for anything better what a spectacular night with all her friends and family! Sean Leahy our party planner worked so hard in creating a fabulous party everything from the food, decor, and entertainment everything was top of the line! thank you for creating a wonderful memory to last a lifetime!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jenny · Married on 07/27/2018

We cannot speak highly enough for the JPO team and Sean Leahy our wedding co-ordinator.

Right from our first conversation with Sean on the phone he knew exactly what we wanted and absolutely delivered on every aspect. Sean was extremely responsive and helpful with all our questions and requests.

Sean made our day perfect and we cannot thank him and the JPO team enough!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Giancarlo · Married on 06/10/2018

What a great decision to host our wedding and reception at the FLat Iron penthouse! IIt could not have been a better choice! The staff was wonderful, the space was clean,bright and airy. It was the best decision! So very New York is what our guests told us! Thank you again!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jhanay · Married on 05/25/2018

When it came time to plan our wedding, my husband and I had very specific goals for our special day. We wanted to provide a unique, fun and memorable wedding experience for our family and friends, something different than a catering hall. Hands down, JPO Concepts Catering was the reason our wedding day ran so effortlessly. Sean Leahy and his team were beyond professional and helped ensure us that each decision was thoughtfully planned out and successfully implemented. JPO's staff was professional, responsive, attentive to each detail and best of all, worked with our budget to create an amazing cocktail-style reception for our family and friends.

Throughout the months leading up until the big day, Sean was in constant communication with us and our vendors to ensure everything ran smoothly. He also helped us pick out linens, give us suggestions on glassware, menu cards, and other small details that helped us leave special touches for our guests. When it was time for the reception, the food was delicious and we admired the presentation of our appetizers, main courses and sweets selections throughout the evening. Our guests raved about the crab cake sliders and sirloin sliders during cocktail hour and we kept hearing amazing reviews about the salmon and short rib selections, some of the many passed plates that were passed to guests throughout the evening.

We highly recommend JPO Concepts Catering for anyone who is looking to throw a memorable wedding, party or gathering with family and friends. Thank you JPO for making our special day a huge success!

Sent on 06/21/2018

David · Married on 08/27/2017

We worked with JPO over the course of several months to plan our wedding. To keep it short, JPO was fantastic. The staff is professional and friendly, _very_ mindful of the look and feel of the place. They really listened to us and just put a lot of effort into making the feel of the wedding how we wanted. And lastly, they were mindful that we wanted to keep to a budget, and worked with us to keep costs down. It was an excellent experience working with JPO. They do a great job, and, simply put, their staff is full of great people.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

I would like to start off by saying, I cannot imagine going through my entire wedding planning process (or my wedding weekend) without the support and guidance of Kaitlyn at JPO Concepts. From day one, she made the process seem less overwhelming and allowed for it to be the most exciting year of my life. She is so incredibly organized, has amazing ideas and is always thinking out of the box (ask her about welcome tables and topiary decor), and best of all, is just fun to be around! When she really shines is during the actual wedding! The more hectic and crazy things get (organizing guests, timelines, bridal parties, vendors) the more calm she is and takes charge. I didn't have to worry about a single thing all weekend! Even though having a full service planner is an extra expense during wedding planning, I can say that is is without doubt worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. I was able to enjoy the year leading up to my wedding, and most of all, my actual wedding weekend (which to me, is priceless)!!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

My husband and I chose JPO Concepts for their Day of Coordination services at our wedding and they were fantastic! We had several meetings leading up to the big day and our planners helped talk us through all of the details of our event. They were also really responsive over email and were always available to answer my last-minute questions. Our wedding day flowed so smoothly thanks to all of their hard work before and during our event! The planners worked with us to put together a schedule for the whole day, and kept us and all of our vendors on time throughout the night so we could just relax and enjoy the moment. I wouldn't hesitate to hire them for another event!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2017

JPO Concepts was an unbelievable catering company to work with. I opted to add to our proposal for the "day of coordinator" through their catering company, which really helped me in ways people cannot understand. My wedding space was kind of a DIY space and I thought a day of coordinator would be a good idea for vendor coordination day of. However, it was way more than a "day of" experience working with them. Margo and Kaitlin worked with me every step of the way, having several meetings over the year to plan my perfect day. They accommodated my work schedule, they were extremely friendly, they went above and beyond to help me with all of the details and helped me remember things I didn't even think about. I really love them! Margo was in her element the day of my wedding, she ran the day perfectly and had great confidence. She made me not have to worry about a thing!

The food the company provided was outstanding, the bartenders and servers were phenomenal. I could not say enough good things about this company. They are really on top of it!

I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Gisselle · Married on 05/04/2014

We hired JPO Concepts to cater our wedding at The W Loft. My husband is a foodie so he wanted to make sure the quality of the food was great. Before signing the contract we asked if we could have the tasting and they agreed to it (many other caterers would not). During the tasting, we were so impressed with Kaitlyn's professionalism and personality that we asked her to also be our Day of Coordinator. Leading up to the wedding and the day of I couldn't have asked for more, JPO was extremely professional and did an amazing job with the venue (note that to have them decorate the venue is a little extra). The food and ambiance for our wedding was exceptional thanks to JPO. Also, JPO was the most economical option with really amazing food.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Krista & Del · Married on 08/31/2013

WOW! There are not enough words to describe the awesomeness that is JPO Concepts! We hired them to do everything for our wedding - catering, event planning, decor, rentals, etc. They absolutely knocked it out of the park! The food was not your typical "wedding catering" but restaurant quality. All of our guests are still raving about how delicious everything tasted and how beautifully it was presented. The way Helah and Kaitlyn were able to take our vision for our wedding day and put it together through all of the fine details in decor, lighting and setup was beyond our wildest dreams. They were extremely professional and responsive throughout the whole process. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and it was all because of JPO Concepts! We highly recommend Helah and her team! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/03/2013
  • User3195843 · 2+ years ago

DUMBO Loft Wedding 4/6/13

We hired JPO Concepts for our wedding at the DUMBO Loft and we can confidently say our wedding turned out perfectly thanks to them. From the first day we contacted them, they were very professional, yet very easy to work with. They took our budget and ideas for the wedding and turned it into an event we never thought could be possible.

We worked primarily with Helah and Katelyn, both of whom were extremely helpful with their fresh ideas, as well as accommodating to all our plans for the wedding. They handled so much of the tedious work of the planning process. We felt like we just gave them our ideas and they somehow did most of the work for us. It felt like we were on autopilot for the process, which alleviated almost all of the stress we had seen other couples go through during their wedding planning.

We didn't even expect how good the ceremony and reception turned out to be until we arrived there the day of the wedding. They took two bare empty venues and turned them into something truly very beautiful. Many of our guests commented how pretty the reception looked and couldn't believe the pictures of it before they had done all the decorations. And this was all done on a very reasonable budget. JPO did some kind of crazy magic and blew away everyone's expectations.

Most importantly, it was a real pleasure working with Helah, Kaitlyn, and all of their workers. They are all a young, friendly bunch of true professionals, and we had no doubt our wedding was in the right hands. After the wedding, we believe that 90% of the success of a wedding is who you pick for your Officiant, Photographer, and Wedding Planning team.

Truly magic, and we have no doubt they are the next big thing. Highly recommended for, most likely, the best wedding planning committee in the New York Region for any type of budget.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Donna · Married on 11/03/2012

Helah and her staff were amazing, professional, and provided me with everything I dreamed of!

Sent on 04/09/2013

We rented the Prince Street Penthouse via JPO Concepts for our reception venue. We loved that it had a roof deck with city views, while offering plenty of indoor space. The kitchen and hardwood floors in the venue are beautiful. The venue isn't like a traditional loft space that is cold; rather, it is very comfortable and warm and there are plenty of couches and tables available.

Kaitlyn and PS at JPO Concepts were very responsive to my many questions during the planning process. The venue is also a good value.

Highly recommend JPO Concepts and The Prince Street Penthouse.

Sent on 08/01/2012

jen · Married on 09/25/2011

JPO Concepts are an incredible team of planners - Helah, P.S. and Kaitlyn were so professional and responsive throughout the whole process and really helped to make our big day so special and beautiful! They provided waitstaff for us, and they did an amazing job. They knew exactly how I wanted the tables to be set up and had great recommendations for decor and schedule and everything else! I was pretty clueless to begin with in planning this wedding...and I was planning the event to take place in NYC while living in LA...so JPO really took a HUGE load off my shoulders just from phone calls and emails and 1 single visit! The wedding was beautiful. The venue was stunning - Attic Studios in LIC, NY...and JPO really made it all happen. Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/02/2011
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/25/2010

Helah and her team were a complete joy to work with. They helped us figure out the best way to achieve our goals, had great and creative ideas, and most of all were incredibly fun to work with.

Danielle · Married on 05/30/2010

We hired Helah as our wedding coordinator and she was wonderful to work with. She was straightforward, organized, accommodating to our needs and schedules and had many suggested ideas and vendors we ended up using. In fact, we have since hired her recommended photographer several times for other occasions. We have only positive feelings when we think about both our wedding planning experience and the wedding day, and much of this is owed to JPO's creativity and professionalism.

Sent on 01/21/2011

Tara · Married on 09/05/2009

I planned my wedding in only 6 weeks and could not have done it without Helah. Thanks to her the entire event was personal, beautiful and went seamlessly. She listened to what I wanted and made it happen quickly. She was an absolute pleasure to work with in every way. I highly recommend using JPO to plan your wedding.

Melody · Married on 12/23/2012

If you are looking for a place to hold a small wedding up to 100 guest then this is your place.
    We wanted something classy yet intamate and that is exactly what we got. Check them out you will be pleased.

Sent on 01/10/2013

tom · Married on 07/10/2010

Helah and her crew were a pleasure to do business with. Im glad that we chose her for our NYC wedding.

John Tomlinson · Getting married on 09/05/2019

Great to work with

We used JPO for a gala event with about 300 guests for dinner.

The food was high-quality and looked good, and the event staffing/service was on-point. Perhaps more importantly, the JPO team has good judgement and really listened to understand our needs in the run-up to the event. Highly Recommended.

Sent on 05/09/2019

Nicolas · Married on 06/08/2018

My partner and I spoke with a few other caterers before deciding to work with JPO for our wedding in June. After comparing a number of places, we could tell they cared about making our event great within the budget we gave them. The initial proposal they gave us was actually less than what we said we were willing to spend, which allowed for some extras, like a pasta course and some additional hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. We were doing a DIY wedding, so we declined their day-of coordination ($1500 extra). Despite this, our contact Hadden served as the Captain for the event and was on-call coordinating staff and dinner/dessert for our whole event. She was fantastic and everything moved smoothly. Despite a kale salad so spicy it was almost inedible, the rest of the food was delicious. The passed appetizers were by far the star of event - our guests were literally stalking the servers for chicken biscuits and sliders. This was also by far some of the kindest waitstaff I’ve ever encountered at a wedding - and this is coming not just from me and my husband but from multiple guests saying how well they were taken care of. One of my vegetarian friends said a server took her plate into the kitchen and filled it with all the veg options so she didn’t have to share with the others at her table.

We had two small issues with JPO. We had a family-style dinner and the serving dishes were extremely small (like, cereal bowl-sized). While some tables seemed to have frequent refills, others seem to have lacked a bit of food (file this under “more things you never thought you’d need to ask about while planning your wedding”). Also, the bartenders were a little difficult to work with - I asked for a Manhattan at one point and he did not know how to make one (c’mon man, you’re bartending a wedding in NYC)! However, both of these inconveniences were overshadowed by JPO’s professionalism, delicious food, and excellent service. Would definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 08/20/2018
  • Nancy

Nancy · Married on 07/30/2011

3.8
      3.5

The JPO Concepts girls were great the day of our wedding. They did a fabulous job with the decorations at the space. They are efficient at the reception but the waiters were a bit too efficient as they were throwing people's food away as soon as they placed it on a table. And the event planner was not attending to the bride and the groom as much as I wanted to-I didn't get a chance to eat and she agreed she would have food at our table.

Overall, it was a good experience, they worked with our budget and were responsive to our emails and calls.

Sent on 06/04/2012