Grace Lin Makeup and Hair Studio Reviews

189 | Pasadena, CA

189 Reviews for Grace Lin Makeup and Hair Studio

• Minerva

Minerva Li · Married on 08/08/2020

Favorite make up artist ever!

This is the second time I have booked Grace. She is definitely my favorite make up and hair artist. She is very nice and easy to work with. She does amazing work and makes you look flawless. I love how she always make my hair look amazing! She’s really good at what she does, and it shows in her work. She’s always on time and great with schedule planning.

She also did amazing make up on my mom. My mom is a cancer patient and she gave my mom life with her amazing make up!

I highly recommend Grace for bridal and photo shoots for hair and make up!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing and professional hair and makeup artist

I’ve now worked with Grace three times over the course of wedding planning: two engagement shoots and the day of my wedding. Grace is amazing at what she does: if you show her a photo of the style you’re looking for, she’ll make it happen, and make you look gorgeous. I opted for the bridal trial, where she spent three hours for my engagement shoot with two hairstyle changes and one bridal look.

For the second engagement shoot, she was very flexible with the timing. My husband and I actually arrived at her studio at 5:30 am, and she was able to accommodate us. Even though we woke up incredibly early for our SF city hall shoot, my hair and makeup was impeccable all day. Also, she hid my dark circles, which was a miracle - I was so happy with how everything looked in the photos!

On the day of the wedding, Grace made me feel like a princess- my hair and makeup held up all day, and I had so many compliments from everyone. Grace and her team did a wonderful job during my wedding, and made me, my mom, sister, and mother in law look absolutely fantastic. She even gave me a little makeup kit for touch ups, but I didn’t even need it- everything stayed in place until the end of the night. I definitely recommend her for your hair and makeup needs, as she is friendly and easy to talk to, as well as quick. Grace, thank you so much!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Lyla

Lyla Jiang · Married on 09/29/2019

Halle and Olivia are great!!!

I feel lucky when I found Grace. She is so comfortable to work with and very responsive. She recommended Halle, who did her makeup on her wedding day, to me. Halle and I had a trial for around four hours. Halle was very patient and cared a lot about what I want on my big day. Halle not only has the best makeup/hair style skills, but also very professional and has a very good personality which made our experience very pleasant. What impressed me most is not her excellent skills at makeup/hair stylish (she is certainly very good at it with no doubt) but her calmness when we found there may be no enough time for hair styling. After she created the basic structure of my hair, we felt it would be better to pull the hair more higher than we decided before. So Halle redid the hair which looked like a simple change but it turned out not very easy because the length of my hair. We were quite short in time but Halle was super calm and you can feel that she was very confident that she would finish it in time - turns out she did finish and did an amazing job! My hair style was so beautiful and stable. I was surprised how many clips she put on my hair when I took the clips out of my hair after the wedding. The makeup - I got so many compliments! I was worried that crying would mess up my makeup but Halle did an amazing job - I cried a lot during the party and I still looked gorgeous (hahahahahaha I sure do!) and the skin was flawless all the time. I feel so lucky to have Halle! You will need a makeup/hair stylist like her on your wedding day. She has all the best qualities - talented, creative, calm, and responsible. I would also recommend Olivia, who did the makeup/hair for my two moms and my husband. Olivia is so good! She didn't give my mom and mother-in-law the same makeup style - she did design different styles for them based on their looks. My two moms are so so so so beautiful on my wedding and I am so happy!!! My husband is satisfied with her as well because she did give him a very handsome look and gorgeous hair touch-up! We are grateful to have them in our wedding day and would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for makeup/hair stylist!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Seres

Seres Lu · Married on 09/28/2019

Loved her!

Grace and her team was so lovely. I showed her exactly what I wanted and she achieved it spot on! Her team also showed up on time and fully ready to go before me and my bridal party even got to the venue the day of the wedding. I also know that Grace regularly goes to Asia to train and learn the latest craft, so love the professionalism and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Janet Kwok · Married on 06/15/2019

love my makeup

Halle did my wedding makeup and Hair. Maggie did makeup and May did hair for my bridesmaids and moms. We all love our make up and hair so much.

When I did my makeup trial 3 months before the wedding day, I had no idea what I wanted because I'm not very well versed in makeup. Halle made some great recommendations based on my features, and showed me pictures to guide me through what options I have. I completely trusted her judgment and it turned out amazing.

On the wedding day, Halle, Maggie and May arrived on time. They listened to what my bridesmaids wanted and were able to fulfill their requests. They were very quick, easy to work with, and highly skilled.

I could not thank them enough to making us look beautiful on my wedding day. I would highly recommend them any day.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Stella · Married on 01/19/2019

AMAZING Hair & Makeup for your Wedding!!!

You will not be disappointed if you hire Grace to do your makeup & hair on your wedding day!

Grace is a veteran in this industry and it shows in her work. I was amazed at my before and after pictures during my trial. And it was nothing short of amazing when wedding day came! Grace did such an amazing job with my makeup & hair! I have never felt as pretty in my life & it is not a bad feeling on your wedding day! Plus everyone was mentioning how beautiful I was... Lol :) Grace is very easy to talk to & she listens to what you want but at the same time uses her expertise to make you look stunning. She is super quick with emails & texts. And overall she is just a sweet person who does an amazing job!

Grace also did my groom's hair & makeup and my flower girl's hair. They both looked great as well! Everyone was happy with Grace's work!

Do you want to looking AMAZING on your wedding day? Then hire Grace & her team! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/26/2019
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 11/18/2018

Halle, Jane and Maggie!!

Halle and Jane prepped me for my engagement session. Halle handled the hair and Jane handled the makeup.
    Halle picked the perfect hair style for a weekend, neighborhood walk photo shoots. She understood when I asked for a nice and simple hair style. She did curls and braids.
    Jane nailed it on the natural look. I told Jane that my wedding and engagement pictures would be outdoors and the photographer specialized in light photographer, she knew just what to do. I don't wear much makeup on a daily basis so it was really helpful to be able to trust someone to take care of me.

Maggie and Jane prepped me for my wedding day. Maggie handled the hair and Jane handled the makeup.
    Maggie made my Pinterest favorites a reality. I showed her a few pictures and she adjusted to what she thought would work best for me. My dress was a high neck dress so after hair and makeup, she even stayed behind to help me into my dress. Life saver! After helping me into my dress, she made sure my hair was perfect before she slipped away.
    Jane was worked her magic on me again and I couldn't be happier with the results. I had quite a struggle to get into my dress and Jane's makeup didn't even budge. It was amazing! And after 8+ hours, my makeup did not require touch up!

All three ladies are amazing to work with, fun to talk to, on time and so, so talented. They made me feel and look beautiful for my big day and I cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Bernice · Married on 03/11/2017

I loved Halle's work (followed her on instagram) and I feel so lucky that Grace assigned her as my makeup artist for my wedding day. She was very patient during the trial and made sure she addressed my "wants", but also made suggestions about the "pros" and "cons" of the various options I had in mind. I loved all her suggestions and she made my vision even better! I received so many compliments and I am really thankful to Halle!

Sent on 04/05/2017

karen · Married on 01/28/2017

I used Grace Lin Professional Make up Team for my wedding on 8.19.12 and Grace turned me into a stunning princess I got so many compliments on my make up and hair. All the guests wanted her contact info. The team is very prompt, kind, and has so much talent.

Grace was able to deal with me when I was being indecisive and guided me throughout the whole process and was very flexible with me.

I HIGHLY recommend Grace and her team to anyone in the LA/OC area who's looking for a professional and the most AMAZING team for your special day.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Tyffany · Married on 09/07/2016

I booked Grace Lin and her team at the last minute after a failed makeup trial with another reputable makeup company based in Orange County. I had always thought that her style was what would be ideal for me and what I would wish to achieve for my wedding but she was based 30 miles away from Newport so I didn't do my trial with her and I totally regret it. Because I was confident after looking through all the photos from Yelp and her portfolio that she was the makeup and stylist for me, I booked her for my wedding without a trial and I was completely pleased with the result! Grace knew the look that matched my personality, features, and dress the best. My hair and makeup was absolutely gorgeous and natural. I felt like very comfortable and beautiful all day and all night. Even through the teary moments, the makeup lasted all day. I didn't even use the touch up kit she gave me except to reapply lipstick once!

Jane and Olivia are also master artists. My moms and bridesmaids all looked beautiful and happy with their looks.

Grace and her team are very good with enhancing our features. My last makeup artist told me she couldn't even out my eyes because one eyelid was not as double eyelid as the other. Grace used eyelid tape on that eye and balanced out my look without a hitch. She also trimmed my eyebrows to achieve a better look.

I highly recommend her and her team!!! Most importantly, she made me and my family beautiful and very very happy.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Grace was recommended to me by the wife of a friend, and while I was hesitant at first with her originally based in LA, having Grace and her team do hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and the mothers for our wedding in August 2016 at Gardener Ranch (Carmel Valley, CA) was an AWESOME decision and experience.

First off, leading up to the wedding day, Grace was very responsive (from after the initial consultation through booking, the trial & the day-of) and accommodating in developing a timeline that allowed me to squeeze in a traditional Chinese tea ceremony AND meet my coordinator's request to be done by noon. And the timeline was very realistic to boot!! There was very little deviation or delay off of Grace’s timeline, which I (as someone who cares a crazy amount about punctuality) appreciated so much. Now about the actual hair and makeup. I already knew Grace was going to do a wonderful job with my hair and makeup -- and if anything she did an even better job on the wedding day than the trial! It was perfect and matched the romantic, rustic, and natural look I was going for. The team (Evie and Vivian) that Grace brought to do bridesmaids makeup and hair and mothers makeup also did an outstanding job. I've definitely been at weddings where the bridesmaids clearly got less attention, but both Evie and Vivian were pros at what they did and made all of the wedding party gals look so beautiful. It's worth mentioning that each of my bridesmaids specified their own unique hairstyles and each style was done perfectly.

Overall, Grace and her team are extremely professional and talented at what they do. I cannot say enough positive things about Grace and have already recommended her to a number of my friends that are getting married in the Bay Area!!

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • qlilpenguin

Alice · Married on 07/16/2016

I booked Grace for my wedding day makeup & hair, and also for my 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. Everyone looked beautiful. Grace worked on just me (bride) for the wedding while Kendall and Jean worked on the 6 other women. My hair & makeup came out FLAWLESS and I had never felt more beautiful in my life. I got so many compliments on my look and I've already referred Grace to a friend (it's only been 2 weeks since my wedding).

I also had Grace do my trial 2 months before the wedding and she created the perfect look for me. She recommended that I get highlights (I'm Taiwanese with all black hair) which I did, and that was the best decision. The highlights, though not usually noticeable with my hair down, really showed the texture in my hair and made all the difference on the wedding day. Grace knows how to capture "my look" - as in, I wanted to be elegant and beautiful but not too fobby or too sexy. But at the same time, if that's the look you're going for, she can create those for you too.

Grace also came back to my wedding reception that night to do my 2nd look. I changed into a second dress and she touched up my makeup and did a different hairstyle within 30 minutes. That was amazing! I'm so glad I hired Grace for the most important day of my life and I would recommend her to anyone needing hair & makeup service!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Carla · Married on 01/31/2016

After an exhaustive search for wedding makeup artists, I just kept coming back to Grace Lin Make Up and Hair Studio. Grace was very responsive, and answered all my questions. What set her apart from the rest was her technical knowledge about makeup and what would best suit my face, taking into consideration the way I would look in pictures, and the way I looked in person. Setting up the trial appointment was very easy. I came with ideas both from the Grace Lin website and Pinterest, and we were able to come up with a great look.

The wedding day service was amazing. Hallie and Maggie did such a great job. They were prompt and finished in time. I liked that Grace Lin specialized in Asian makeup/coloring, but even my blonde, green-eyed MOH looked stunning!

Overall, this company is super easy to work with at reasonable rates. The customer service is friendly, responsive and accommodating. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asks.

Sent on 02/10/2016

I just had my wedding in mid October and I am so satisfied with Grace and Vivi! When I was looking for my MUA I paid extra attention on business etiquette, responsiveness, and makeup techniques. Grace did not disappoint at all. She's always polite, fast in responding, and gave great advice on my makeup. I listened to her and chose to work with Vivi. That was the best decision ever made! Everyone loved my makeup and hair and I felt truly beautiful on the day.

Grace and her team might not be the cheapest MUA out there but it was great value and I wholeheartedly recommend her if you truly care about how you look on your big day!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Grace Lin sent us her finest makeup and hair artists for my wedding day this past weekend in Pacific Palisades.

All of my bridesmaids and mothers/aunties loved their looks. Katy and Vivi (Renee) did a fantastic job on my bridal hair and makeup as well! The updo for my Chinese tea ceremony (by Katy) was flawless and I received so many compliments!

Vivi (Renee) is a shining star; I had her for all-day service and she did my makeup, hair touch ups, and style changes throughout the day (on a hot September day this was a godsend). She was always patient and kind even though we were very stressed out due to a strict timeline throughout our jam packed festivities! She made me look and feel so beautiful and that made my wedding day even more special.

We were so lucky to have Vivi. Not only was she a highly talented makeup and hair artist, she was our go-to lady who jumped in to help whenever she could. She even helped my mom and sister put on/take off/bustle my wedding gown during major crunch times! We appreciated Vivi's artistry and positive attitude so much.

I definitely recommend Grace Lin and her team. Grace is excellent at replying to emails and communicated with me clearly and consistently throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is organized and professional, and she is extremely dedicated to her clients--always alert about her client's desires. You can tell she really cares about her brides and their happiness! Thanks Grace!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Grace Lin and her makeup team are amazing!

Halle did my makeup for my wedding and she was great! Firstly, my makeup looked amazing and it stayed on ALL day. Halle exceeded my expectations with both her skills and her customer service. For example, right before my wedding my dad had a minor accident and Halle touched up his lip last minute although it was not included in my services.

Also, for my trial Halle was so nice- she tried out a few different looks on my eyes because she could tell I was a bit indecisive. I was so happy that she did because it made me feel more secure with my final look.

Before my bridal makeup trial I had Grace and Maggie for my engagement hair and makeup. Grace did an excellent job on my makeup- it looked so natural and better than I could have ever imagined! Maggie was great, I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she was able to replicate it perfectly! I was really surprised because I have thin hair. Also, Grace was so nice- she even upgraded me to an airbrush.

In sum, I am so impressed with their customer service and hair/makeup skills. Grace and her team are truly talented! I highly recommend going to Grace Lin.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Angela · Married on 08/08/2015

Grace and her team were amazing! They helped me with my wedding last August 8 (i know this already over due). Grace is very responsive to our emails and to be honest, she is very organized in assigning her artists and getting all things done for us. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to have her as my artist, but May (my make up artist) and Maggie (hair stylist) were beyond amazing! they were the sweetest and very easy to work with. I showed them pictures of what I wanted for my make up and hair and they did it really well and much better than the photos and made sure it really looks good with me.

Since we had a big party, other artists assigned to my mom and mom-in law were benson and nora, who also did a good job. and for my bridesmaids May and Maggie also helped them and they were very happy with the result.

Also, they were on time with their schedule considering my wedding was all the way to OC and they all have to come at around 7am as we had a very big party.

Thank you Grace, May, Maggie, Benson and Nora. You guys are all great!:)

Sent on 11/28/2015

Janice · Married on 07/25/2015

I have never worn professional makeup prior to my wedding day. I don't even wear it daily. So you can imagine how freaked out I was that I needed to find someone to do makeup on my wedding day. All I looked up was for someone that did Asian Makeup and was near the venue (in Pasadena). Grace Lin was the first person to appear. I arranged a consultation meeting and right from the start I knew she would take care of me. I brought a few pictures and she was able to determine what would be best with the shape of my face and offered suggestions that worked with what I had envisioned. I had a makeup trial with her senior artist, Vivi, and was very happy with the results. On the day of the wedding, Vivi came ahead of schedule and took care of me and my maid of honor. I'm self conscious when it comes to my looks, but Vivi did a fantastic job that I felt confident all day and everyone complimented my looks. My maid of honor checked on my makeup periodically and she didn't have to re-apply or change anything. I got a few pics from the wedding and my makeup looks awesome. Thank you Grace and Vivi!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Tracy · Married on 10/25/2014

An overdue review. Grace Lin was awesome! My hair and makeup was flawless even by the end of my big day. My engagement session make up did not fail either. I truly recommend her and her team if you want flawless beauty, nothing that will make you look tan or pale, everything was just the right touch. Thanks again Grace!!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/03/2014

After getting quotes from several bridal make up artists, I found Grace Lin make up and hair studio with a decent portfolio and reasonable price. I decided to give it a try. I met Tery at my trial session, she’s very easy going and her make up skill is excellent. I knew I want a loose low side bun with natural make up for my beach wedding, and I gave her a few ideas and she got me right away. I pretty much booked her on the spot.

I got countless compliments on my wedding day for the hair and make up, so did my bridesmaids. They all look beautiful and I am so happy about choosing Tery as my makeup artist. I highly recommend Grace Lln make up and hair studio, especially Tery for any event.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Kristina · Married on 04/27/2014

As soon as I got engaged, I knew Grace Lin and her team were one of my top choices to do makeup and hair for my wedding. I emailed Grace and asked first if she (Grace) was available for my wedding date and she was! At the trial, I brought in lots of pictures to show Grace the makeup and hair style I wanted. I was fairly specific but opened to Grace's suggestions as well because I trusted her. We got along well because she was very straight-forward with me (in a good way!). I booked Grace immediately following my trial as I was very pleased with her amazing work! She was my first and only makeup trial I had!

Since I had booked Grace so far in advanced, I would send her an email here and there asking for her opinions on accessories or other hairstyles I had come upon. She always answered all my emails usually within 1 day (but always by 2 days). Even though my wedding was far away and I'm sure she had other brides whose weddings were approaching always contacting her, Grace never made me feel that I was less important.

On the wedding day, Grace and her assistant Josephine showed up on time and begin working promptly. Both were very professional and great to be around. I know my bridesmaids loved Josephine as she made them feel very comfortable and pretty. I had a last minute makeup addition, which I informed Grace two days prior to my wedding, and Grace was more than happy to make arrangements. Grace was very meticulous when applying my makeup and doing my hair. She made sure I looked perfect before she left. I looked 100% better than at my trial (and I didn't think that was possible because I loved how I looked at my trial!). The makeup did not feel heavy at all and it was flawless for the entire day!

I was very happy with everything! I can say that if you want someone to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day or any event then book Grace and her team!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Kelly · Married on 04/05/2014

Grace Lin is awesome, friendly and professional. She provided prompt feedback when I had a question. When there was any confusion, she would take care of the matter appropriately leaving me stress-free. Grace was booked on my wedding day (April 2014), so she recommended her two senior artists Betty and Renee to me. Betty and Renee are amazing hair and makeup artists!!
    For the trial session, Renee worked on my makeup and Betty worked on my hair. Renee did a really great job with the makeup, and Betty was outstanding with styling my hair in two different styles. My husband, family, friends and I love it!!
    Renee worked on my hair and makeup for my engagement picture. Big thanks to Renee since I looked special and very beautiful, and my engagement pictures are great and everyone loves them!!
    On my wedding day, Renee and Betty both showed up on time at my house and knew what to do with hair and makeup for all my two maids of honor, my mom and me. They were friendly, nice and very accommodating given the morning preparation for the Chinese wedding ceremony was stressful and hectic. It was astonishing to watch Betty and Renee handle and take care of us. I could tell they love what they are doing through observing how sharp and focused they are while working on our makeup and hair!! They are pro!!
    Betty was with me all day. She was dedicating to me all this time--making sure I looked special and the best!! It does feel great to have someone there dedicating, caring and supportive on the most stressful day; it does make one less key and essential thing (for a bride) to worry on her wedding day!! :)
    I am completely thrilled with the work Betty and Renee provided on the trial session, engagement picture and my wedding day and with Grace recommending her two awesome senior artists and coordinating meetings, solutions and schedule setup. I would highly recommend Grace Lin Professional Makeup Team!!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Cindy · Married on 03/15/2014

I was referred by my best friend's sister to use Grace Lin Makeup and Hair. And I knew they are one of the best wedding makeup artists. Grace is responsive and flexible throughout the planning process, she was able to help me sort out the time slots for my bridesmaid makeup schedule. I was amazed how well the makeup turn out during the trial. On the wedding day it turned out even better! My mom also got her makeup and hair done by Grace's team, and it was flawless. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for wedding makeup to use Grace Lin's service.

Thank you Vivi and Cece for doing my bridal makeup and hair on my wedding. You girls are awesome! :)

Sent on 03/26/2014

shirley · Married on 01/19/2014

Vivi and Jen did a great job on my wedding day! Vivi did my makeup, and during the trial she made sure that I was happy with my look. Jen was fantastic with my hair, and my bridesmaid loved the makeup/hair she did for her as well. They're both incredibly sweet, and they will make sure you look amazing on your wedding day!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Elaine · Married on 10/05/2013

I've been a fan of Grace's work for years now, so when she made herself available on my wedding day, I was overjoyed. After the trial, I knew I was in good hands. She did not rush through the trial and even gave me tips on how to cut and dye my hair for the big day. Grace and her team are professional, courteous, and totally fun to work with. They arrived on time and accommodated all our requests with different hair and make up designs for 8 people. Her team is experienced and versatile, all my bridesmaids were happy with the results. Grace paid such attention to detail to me on my wedding day, it made me feel so relaxed. The end result was exactly what I wanted. Above all, all our hair and make up stayed perfectly in place fron morning to night, even in 90 degree weather. I highly recommend Grace and her team for any special occasion. I feel so lucky to have worked with them. Thank you Grace!

Sent on 10/09/2013