11 Reviews for GR Catering & Gourmet Rotisserie Events

Cocktail Reception (1)
Mexican (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
11 GR Catering & Gourmet Rotisserie Events Reviews

Great food for the price. The tasting was very professional. I would highly recommend them. My wedding is in September and I'm confident they will do an excellent job!

Profile Picture User6031088, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, American

Gaby and Marty were so incredibly wonderful to work with. From the time of our first email exchange (Sept 2015) up until our wedding (Aug 2016), we were in constant communication. They were able to accommodate our guests with special dietary restrictions. Their prices were incredibly reasonable. They were able to cater 100 people for under $5000. We rented some tables and linen through one of the vendors they work with and it was all very reasonable. We had somewhat of a restricted budget and they were able to work with us. We opted for the buffet choice, which also helped decrease the overall price. Our guests could not stop talking about the food. They were incredibly impressed as were we during our tasting. There was a small tasting fee which was applied toward the final bill. I liked that they were able to return our emails/phone calls within a reasonable time frame. Even when they were busy (during Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays) they let us know with a quick email that they would get back to us after the event if it was going to be a few days. Planning a wedding can be very stressful. I am so glad I had a caterer that was very involved every step of the way and made me not have to worry about anything the day of. The ONLY gripe I have was that we didn't realize water service was not part of the catering duties. I found out about this a day or 2 before the wedding. My husband and I were able to find some large water pitchers and have the guests serve themselves. It would have been nice to have been made aware of this issue before hand so that we could have come up with a better plan or have hired extra help. Overall, not that big a deal. We were able to solve the problem quickly. It wasn't a fancy wedding by any means. The guests didn't complain and everyone enjoyed the food which was my biggest concern. Nothing like going to a wedding, being hungry, and then being served awful, cold food. I can honestly say, none of that was a problem. HIGHLY recommended!!

Profile Picture Alma, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Tables, Vegetarian, American, Mexican

I would highly recommend this vendor to any couple looking for a catering company that will meet all your needs. GR Catering provided us with excellent service and food. The staging of their set-up for the buffet was beautiful and tied in with our beach chic wedding theme. The price was very affordable and they worked extremely hard to accommodate all of our special requests. A wedding is a huge life event and you can't go wrong choosing this company to cater the big day! We were more than pleased with the results and can't give them enough praise for all they did!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: American, Tables, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Alcohol

GR Catering was AMAZING! We had a country style wedding at a winery in Julian, and GR Catering helped to make our day perfect. The tri-tip and chicken was cooked on site and tasted even better than it did at our original tasting! All the guests had nothing but positive things to say about the food and the staff as well. Marty and Gaby were easy to work with and accommodating on all levels. I would HIGHLY recommend using GR Catering, and will definitely use them again in the future. Thank you for making our day a dream come true!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired GR Catering for our wedding here in San Diego on 8/2/14 and were VERY pleased with our whole experience with them. We had 132 people and got rave reviews from our guests about the food and service! Marty and staff were very professional from the tasting we had months before to everything leading up to our big day. Communication was great and I had no trouble getting in contact with them in the weeks prior to our wedding to get any questions we had answered. It unexpectedly rained at our outdoor wedding (never happens in SD in August) and the catering staff was prepared and professional. They came early to set-up and start everything, and the food was delicious, not too heavy but still very filling. So glad we found them as they helped to make our special day that much more enjoyable and memorable!! Thanks Marty, Gaby and staff!!

Profile Picture User4317289, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Marty, Gaby and Barbara and the rest of the GR Catering staff were extremely flexible and responsive to last-minute adjustments for our wedding reception. Marty went out of his way to obtain and provide additional tables, decorative table linen and first-class service. The GR Catering staff worked efficiently and professionally before, during and after the reception. Many of the guests have told us that the food was excellent and plentiful. The guests were uniformly impressed with the quality of the catering.

Profile Picture User4042205, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

GR Catering catered both of my daughter's weddings. Both weddings were a a total success. Everything was so perfect, so well organized. The food was delicious, like always. The whole staff was beyond service oriented. Well I may never finish with this review if I keep going, all I can say is Thank You and Thank You Again

Profile Picture User3954873, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From the beginning Marty and Gaby were great to work with. Emails and phone calls were responded to in a timely manner and Marty was always very cordial. He recommended we do a ‘vendor pow-wow’ so he could meet all of our vendors and get everyone on the same page as far as set up, events throughout the night, and timeline. It was such a great recommendation that I would pass on to anyone! We had a lot of changes/additions to our invoice throughout the process. I would have a corrected invoice typically within 1-2 days.The day before the wedding I asked if I could deliver the beer/wine that we had purchased, to Marty’s store front and have him deliver it to the venue with the rest of our food. Marty doesn’t normally do this but went out of his way. This way we didn’t have to ask a friend to do it the day of, or have to do it ourselves.
On our wedding day Marty made sure my husband and I had food and drinks in our hand as soon as the ceremony ended and it was time to take photos. He worked his butt off! The buffet set up looked great and our tables were simple but beautifully decorated as I had requested. I even changed one of my colors from apple green to yellow at the last minute and trusted that Marty would pull through without my seeing the linen color. It looked awesome.
We went with a Hawaiian theme and had pork, chicken, fish, Hawaiian macaroni salad, tropical salad, and Hawaiian rolls. We were very happy with the food and heard from our guests the same!
I was very happy with GR. Our wedding day went off without a hitch (many said it was the best wedding they had been to!). I would definitely use them again and recommend them for a wedding or other big event. Marty’s patience and calm demeanor in addition to his solid recommendations made him very valuable to us. Their overall prices were affordable!

Profile Picture User3639880, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are still getting compliments on how good the food was weeks after our wedding. they showed up on time and looked great. everyone go there fill and boy was it yummy!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/1/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great food. Reasonable prices.

Profile Picture Valorie, 4/18/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

After meeting with numerous catering companies for our wedding, we decided to go with Gourmet Rotisserie Catering because they were very personable, professional, and had great reviews. We are soooo happy that we did because they went above and beyond with their services and did an exceptional job! Their staff that showed up were all dressed professional and they were very pleasant to all of the guests. We needed a bar last minute and they went out of their way to rent one for us and then brought it and set it up for our bartender. The food was absolutely delicious and we received nothing but great feedback about how much everyone enjoyed the food. After the wedding, they did not hesitate in helping with the clean up and that was very much appreciated (as it was a DIY wedding). They have been in the business for so long that they know their stuff and they know exactly what is needed and what isn't. When making the menu, they were able to tailor the menu to whatever we decided to serve and their prices are extremely reasonable! They cater to all events, not only weddings, so we will definitely use them again for our next event. Marty and his team got in there and got the job handled in a very professional and timely manner while still providing a high level of service. I would definitely recommend Gourmet Rotisserie Catering for all catering needs!!! :o)

Profile Picture Janelle, 4/11/09, 5 Reviews