From This Day Forward traveling wedding makeup service Reviews

41 | Rockland, ME

41 Reviews for From This Day Forward traveling wedding makeup service

• Kristine

Kristine F. · Married on 07/20/2019

Natural Looking Makeup that lasted ALL Day on Summer's Hottest Day!

As someone who has been wearing makeup since I was 12 and someone who usually does other people's makeup at weddings, I am extremely particular about makeup but knew I also didn't want to worry about messing it up on my wedding day. I found Cindy through my hairstylist and while I was initially apprehensive about having someone new, all my fears went out the window at the makeup trial. Her airbrush technique and false eyelash technique were flawless - they lasted all day long on a day that was almost 90 degrees in Maine. She was a delight to work with, and helped me achieve the dream look I was going for.... and same with my Mom who is even more particular.

Sent on 10/07/2019

From This Day Forward traveling wedding makeup service's reply:

Thank you so much Kristine, it was my pleasure! Looking forward to having some pictures to post on my website. Best wishes to you both.

Suzanne · Married on 08/26/2017

Cynthia did a great job getting my bridesmaids and I ready for my wedding. She arrived on time, made everyone feel comfortable with her easygoing personality, and was flexible when one of my bridesmaids requested to use her own makeup brushes. Everyone looked beautiful. Thanks Cynthia!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Kim · Married on 08/12/2017

Cynthia is a treasure. We were very lucky to hire her for our wedding. In addition to doing beautiful makeup for the bride and wedding party, Cynthia was professional, responsive, accommodating, kind and relaxed. She has a ton of experience in the industry and our experience with her was nothing but positive from beginning to end. We had a trial session on a cold windy morning and when the makeup smudged from my watery eyes she gave great advice and feedback on what we could do to avoid that next time, and I had zero issues on the wedding day, watery eyes and all. Definitely do the trial if you can swing it!! Additionally, our wedding party was nearly all women of color, and it was really awesome to work with someone who has experience working with women of different ethnic backgrounds and skin tones. We loved working with Cynthia and would certainly recommend her to friends and family in the area.

Sent on 08/17/2017

From This Day Forward traveling wedding makeup service's reply:

Thank you Kim, I enjoyed working with all of you as well, and hope our paths cross again!

Lindsay · Married on 08/05/2017

Very professional! Everyone including myself looked beautiful! You made my special day even more special!!! Excellent Job! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 09/25/2017

Emily · Married on 07/22/2017

My mom and I really enjoyed our make up time with Cynthia. She communicated right up to the wedding. She discussed what we liked and didn't and our make up came out fantastic! She was on time, great to be around and very professional. I'd highly recommend using Cynthia for any event.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/24/2017

Cynthia was wonderful and did an excellent job! Only thing I recommend if your getting fake lashes is to buy some glue in case you have any issues once she has left. One of my lashes started to fall off after the ceremony ??

Sent on 09/02/2017

From This Day Forward traveling wedding makeup service's reply:

Thanks for letting me know Hannah! I have since started using a different glue and haven't had any problems. Sorry that happened to you :( Hope you're doing great, I really enjoyed working with you and your wedding party and hope to see you around!

Allison · Married on 04/29/2017

I was so happy with my bridal makeup and wedding party. Everyone looked amazing. My two teenage nieces were in the wedding and they looked so perfect and age appropriate. I had a few last minute changes and add ons and they were graciously accommodated. I would recommend From This Day Forward in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Betsie · Married on 09/12/2015

Cynthia was wonderful to work with. She did makeup for my bridesmaids, my mother, my mother in law, and myself. Everyone looked beautiful and the makeup lasted all day (even through many happy tears!). It can sometimes be awkward to request changes after someone has done your makeup, but she was happy to adjust anything (for example, I asked for a different lipstick). Thank you Cynthia!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2015

I had a wonderful time working with Cynthia as my makeup artist. She was responsive, very accommodating, and extremely talented. I had a total party of 11 to get their makeup done and I could not have asked for a better job. I highly recommend Cynthia!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Cynthia exceeded all expectations, by far! She did my makeup, as well as makeup for all bridesmaids, my grandmother, and my mother-in-law, all of whom raved about her. I've never felt as beautiful in my life as I did on my wedding day, thanks to Cynthia. She really gets it! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Cynthia was a complete pleasure to work with. She was patient, efficient, prompt, and so talented! I don't normally wear much makeup, but the natural yet fancy makeup job Cynthia did made me feel like a princess.

I was really touched that Cynthia offers complimentary makeup work to women fighting cancer free. My mother, who had just finished a course of chemotherapy the summer before my wedding, looked and felt gorgeous.

Thank you, Cynthia!

Sent on 12/20/2013
  • User3820696 · 2+ years ago

Cynthia Clayton did a phenomenal job with make up on my wedding day. All of my bridesmaids and my own make up looked perfect. Beautiful and natural make up, not over done. I highly recommend Cynthia for your wedding, she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Alison · Married on 08/23/2013

Cynthia started my wedding day off perfectly with her wonderful service. She made me and the moms look absolutely stunning. She listened to each of us about individual preferences and captured what we were looking for. Cynthia created a natural look that lasted throughout the day and looks beautiful in the photos. We all received many, many compliments during the wedding day itself!

She’s very personable, professional, and worked well with the hairstylist. Cynthia contributed to a beautiful day and has helped to create a lifetime of wonderful memories. She is an artist with a wonderful talent.

It was a pleasure to have her be a part of my wedding and I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 12/21/2013
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 08/16/2013

Cynthia did a beautiful job on my wedding makeup. It was very natural and lasted the whole night. My mother, and bridal party also used Cynthia for her makeup services and they were all VERY pleased with her work! Thank you Cynthia for a job well done.

Sent on 08/31/2013

Cynthia is always very responsive to her clients, friendly and easy to work with! She always arrives to her destination with time to spare and willing to stay a bit later than expected if the schedule happens to change without notice! Her work always seems to bring out the most natural beauty in all of her clients; her makeup applications are NEVER overdone!

Sent on 01/02/2014

Cindy was easy to work with. She did a great job on our make-up for the wedding. She made everyone feel beautiful. She did light make-up as requested by the bride. She was friendly to us all. The flower girls were very happy with their fairy dust and lip gloss. She added fun and beauty to our day!!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Hannah · Married on 09/29/2012

Cyndi did an amazing job with my makeup and all of my bridesmaids. Everyone looked natural but at our best! I appreciated that she didn't make us look overly made up and played up our best features. She was also flexible and generous with her time and had everyone made up and ready to go so quickly! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Cindy is great! So professional and personable. Everyone looked absolutely radiant the day of the wedding, and getting ready was lots of fun! I highly recommend her make-up services.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Bonnie · Married on 07/21/2012

Fantastic work! Over the top! Awesome!

Sent on 08/13/2012

I was married on an island 12 miles off the coast of Maine and planned my wedding from South Carolina. Needless to say, I was nervous about hiring people from so far away without the opportunity to really know their work. Cyndi was fantastic from the GET GO. Not only was she extremely accommodating of my schedule and challenging logistics, but she is wonderfully talented. I felt completely at ease with Cyndi from the moment I met her and confident that she would make me as feel beautiful as I hoped for my very special day. Not only did Cyndi do a great job on mine and my bridesmaids makeup, but I felt like she truly listened to me. I had a slightly different idea on what color lipstick I wanted for the wedding day (different from what we had done at the trial) and she was completely willing to listen to what I envisioned and find a color that worked with my ideas the day of. Brilliant! I would highly recommend Cyndi to any bride near or far.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Kate · Married on 06/23/2012

I was a photographer at a wedding that Cyndi was a vendor at. Cyndi was absolutely wonderful and I could tell that she made the entire bridal party feel relaxed and happy. The makeup was natural, yet made everyone look radiant. I didn't even have to do any touch up work on the portraits I took of the bridal party because the makeup was so well done. I sincerely hope I get the chance to work with Cyndi again at a future wedding!

Sent on 08/12/2012
  • F

Frannie · Married on 05/19/2012

Hiring a make-up artist was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I felt gorgeous all evening, and my photos have come out beautiful. Cyndi was worth every penny. Her make-up application felt natural on my face, and I still looked like me. Just a better version of me:)

Sent on 06/08/2012

Nancy · Married on 09/24/2011

Cyndi was very professional, very accommodating, and really just an absolute pleasure to have do my makeup. She listened to what I wanted, and delivered it. I would have no hesitation in recommending her to a bride - she did a fabulous job for me and my mom and my MOH. And I think her prices are reasonable too. All in all, an excellent experience.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Allison · Married on 09/10/2011

Cyndi was excellent to work with! She does beautiful makeup that is appropriate for a day outdoor wedding - not too heavy but radiant and long lasting! My maids and I were all very happy. She was responsive and very reasonably priced, and it was great having her on location so that we could be getting dressed and taking pictures right away. I very highly recommend Cyndi, especially for day outdoor weddings like ours - she has been working with Maine brides and knows how to keep you looking fresh and natural for photos! Thank Cyndi!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Kim · Married on 08/13/2011

I found Cyndi online and I'm so glad I did. I wanted to have a stress-free wedding day, where someone could come to my cousin's cottage to do all the girls' makeup - me, my bridesmaids and my mother. I didn't know such a service existed in Maine, or how skilled that person might be. So thank goodness for Cyndi! I love the beautiful, natural look she gave all of us - it's exactly what I was hoping for. I'm especially fair skinned, and was concerned that I would look "overdone". If you have similar concerns, definitely take Cyndi up on her offer to do a trial run before the wedding. It's worth it, for piece of mind's sake. After the trial run, I knew I'd look my best on my wedding day. Thanks, Cyndi!

Sent on 09/02/2011