Emily Dawn Artistry Reviews

82 | Studio City, CA

82 Reviews for Emily Dawn Artistry

Marissa · Married on 09/17/2011

Emily and her team were great! I felt like a princess after she transformed me with her hair and makeup skills! Definitely call her!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Shari · Married on 07/23/2011

Emily provided hair, make and a bronzer for my skinning my wedding day. She set up an organized schedule for all of my brides maids (5), my mom and I. Emilia staff were on time to set up at my house and got started right away. It was great to get ready at my own house. Emily kept me relaxed and calm! I gave her an example of how I wanted my hair to be done and she executed it flawlessly! My girls all had a side braid in there hair with beautiful curls coming down! Emily and her team were amazing! I couldn't ask for anybody better!

Sent on 09/08/2011

Wendy · Married on 04/14/2012

Emily is a very down to earth person. She makes you feel like you've known her for years. You can literally give her a pic of what you want and she will not only get the style down . But ensure it goes with you .

Sent on 05/17/2012

Desiree · Married on 10/22/2016

2.5

I worked with Jenna (makeup) and Robyn (hair) for my wedding, and these ladies completely achieved my vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day. They teamed up and did my hair and makeup at the same time during my trial, which was an excellent time saver without sacrificing any of their skill. Jenna was spot on with my makeup, and Robyn worked with me to achieve the perfect balance of romantic and casual for my hair. On the day of my wedding, both girls were extremely on time and efficient, and my hair and makeup turned out even better than my trial! The only criticism of the company that I had was their communication before the wedding. I had asked them what lip color was used in my trial, so I could purchase it for touch-ups, and it took them 2.5 weeks to respond, only to tell me that the color they used was discontinued, and I'd have to go to Sephora to figure out my lip color on my own. They also neglected to ask for an initial deposit until a few weeks before the wedding when they said it was past-due. Aside from these communication flubs, I'd definitely recommend their team!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/06/2015

3.5

Emily and Jenna are great! A friend on mine used Emily and her team for her wedding and when I got married I knew who to call. I had Jenna for the day of and Emily was my point of contact the whole way through. Emily was very responsive, I ended up doing hair/makeup/extensions/and extra hours of touch up. EVERY penny was worth it! I truly felt AMAZING that day. Emily met me before hand to match my extensions for color and they were perfect the day of (and I have ombre hair). Jenna did AMAZING on my hair and makeup and for the extra hours she was with me the whole day doing touch ups from first look, to Ketubah signing, and after the ceremony. I would recommend Emily Dawn/Jenna to anyone, they are amazing!

Sent on 09/15/2015

L · Married on 07/21/2013

Emily Dawn and Ashley Joy were professional, friendly and very responsive to my needs and the needs of my wedding party. When unexpected make-up needs popped up (forehead gash on a flower girl and sunburn lines on bridesmaids) and an extra hair appointment was requested, they jumped right in and helped, without hesitation. Emily is skilled, creative and very collaborative. I had a very specific 40's look in mind which she was able to capture both for our engagement photos and at our wedding. I recommend her very highly!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Audrey · Married on 07/05/2013

Emily does a fantastic job of achieving the look you want. My only suggestion to clients would be to make sure to let her know if you are open to her ideas/suggestions at the beginning for two reasons: 1) Her suggestions are usually for the best and 2) She really wants you to get what you want, so unless you tell her it's okay to go a little away from your ideas to make it better, she'll do exactly what is in your photo references.

Sent on 07/11/2013