DIY Wedding Mentor Reviews

33 | Waterbury, VT

33 Reviews for DIY Wedding Mentor

Jill · Married on 04/28/2018

I signed up for Caitlin's "Feel the Wedding Day Love" course and was so happy with how helpful it was. It was like having the teacher's edition of any wedding planning book you'd find, with all the extra answers and resources. I've been planning a destination wedding in a low-key location, and really needed some structure and insider's information to help me pull everything together. If you're lucky enough to be in the DIY Wedding Mentor service area, I wouldn't hesitate a second to hire the team. And If you're located far away like me, ask for the next best thing and sign up for the course! :)

Sent on 04/11/2018

Mariel · Married on 04/14/2018

I signed up for Caitlin's Feel The Wedding Day Love course and absolutely recommend it! The course comes with a very thorough and detailed packet of materials, tips, tricks, checklists, etc, that you have online access to. To be honest, I didn't use the written materials as much as I could have, and the course was STILL worth every penny because Caitlin provided so much information and support on the monthly conference calls. She patiently answered any and every question I had, and she went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding weekend timeline was in good shape. I learned so much, and yet I know I did not even scratch the surface of her expertise on wedding organization and details! She is so competent and professional, I can only imagine that she would be an awesome day-of coordinator as well. You will be in good hands!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Rose · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Brittany was great! She was incredibly professional and organized, but also friendly and easy to talk with. She kept me on track throughout the planning process and she had lots of great resources and advice. She did a great job dealing with the owner of our venue who was a little difficult and she handled some last minute issues with vendors so that I could relax and enjoy the week before the wedding. I was able to relax and enjoy the day of our wedding because I knew Brittany had everything under control! She went above and beyond, she even picked up some flowers for me on her way to the venue to save us the stress! I would recommend Brittany and Caitlin to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/07/2017

Chelsea · Married on 06/11/2017

Making the decision to work with Brittany, and Caitlin was hands down the best decision I made during the wedding planning processes. If you are questioning hiring a day of wedding coordinator think no further and just do it! I like to think of myself as a well organized, type-A personality when it comes to planning but having Brittany by my side throughout the process was unbelievably helpful. There where SO many things I didn't even think of....the tiniest of details, and she had it covered! She and Caitlin where on site the morning of our wedding to set up and direct our vendors while I had the opportunity to sit back and relax. Brittany also stayed the entire day, through clean up at the end of the night. She even delivered our flowers to a local florist the next morning for donation. Their services are worth every penny, and more. I couldn't have been happier to find them!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Diana · Married on 06/02/2017

Using DIY Wedding Mentor was one of the best decisions I made in my wedding planning!! Caitlin was incredibly responsive and so helpful, and always remembered the specific details of my wedding whenever I had a question for her. By using the materials that were provided (along with advice and guidance on how to best utilize them), I was truly able to hand off all my wedding coordination to someone else on the day of, and fully enjoy my wedding without any stress!! Every one of my vendors commented on how organized I was, and how helpful the timelines and guidance I gave them was. Thanks to DIY Wedding Mentor my wedding was a huge success, with almost no issues on the day of! Completely worth the money if you're organized and willing to put in the work before the day of!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Dakota · Married on 10/15/2016

Do it. Hire Caitlin to be your coordinator. I promise you won't regret it AT ALL! My husband and I, at our reception, spoke in awe of her work ethic, organization, and pretty much everything about her! We had decided that she was worth every penny...plus some. We felt like she was a STEAL, and worth some much more than what she asks for. Our wedding was at the Mansfield Barn in Jericho, Vermont---a new venue and one that Caitlin Frauton hadn't worked at before, but you would have never known! She was extremely poised and took care of everything! Hiring Caitlin to be our wedding coordinator was the absolute, hands-down, best decision we made during our wedding planning. I don't have the words to describe how amazing the entire day was, and I know it wouldn't have been the same without Caitlin there! Caitlin, thank you so so so much for all of your organizing, planning, coordinating, decorating...and everything! If we could do it all over again we wouldn't have changed a single thing! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/21/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much for this feedback, Dakota and Andy! It was an incredible honor to be part of your wedding day, and I'm so happy it all came together so beautifully. You two were total DIY rockstars, and it was so much fun working with you!!

Lindsey · Married on 10/01/2016

Caitlin was absolutely wonderful to work with from the start!! She goes above and beyond to keep you organized and give you advice. There were countless times that she reminded me of details that I'd never thought of. She even spent time to help me find a rehearsal dinner outfit! On the day of the wedding, even my husband agreed that it was priceless to have her. She coordinated everything from centerpieces to our dog walker. She even personally made sure that my wine glass was always filled at the reception! I could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/21/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Aww thank you Lindsey & Trey! You both and your family and friends were so kind, and your wedding was a wonderful experience to be a part of! I know you wanted to share VT with your family and friends from the South, but know that VT was just as lucky to have such a nice group of people here for your wedding weekend. Wishing you both the very best Dr. & Dr. Williams!

Karah · Married on 09/17/2016

Caitlin and her diy wedding mentor team are amazing!! Our dream wedding came to life because of Caitlin. She was so organized and helpful during the planning process. There were so many important details I would have completely forgot or overlooked if it wasn't for Caitlin and her knowledge of planning a diy wedding. She took the time to get to know us and exactly how we wanted things to go and she made it happen. The day of our wedding was flawless as far as we were concerned- Caitlin handled any issue that may have come up without anyone ever knowing! The entire day I was amazed with how hard caitlin and her team worked to make everything perfect. Caitlin is more than a wedding planner, she truly cares about the couple and making their wedding day special!

Sent on 09/27/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you Karah and Sam for the kind words! We had so much FUN at your wedding!! There was so much laughter and so many smiles from start to finish that the happiness was absolutely infectious. Thank you for having us be a part of your wedding day and being so amazing to work with - it meant the world to us!

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Caitlin and her DIY Wedding Mentor Services. My now husband and I just had our wedding a few weeks ago, and I honestly can't imagine our day without Caitlin. Starting about two months before our wedding, we knew we needed a more hands on Day Of Coordinator for our non-traditional venue. After searching for a while, we found DIY Wedding Mentor and were immediately blown away by Caitlin's professionalism, calm, understanding attitude, and her overall pleasant demeanor. From our initial consult, Caitlin made me feel at ease and empowered in the wedding planning process. She was so organized, empathetic, and forward-thinking, and she made us feel so comfortable going into our wedding. I used Caitlin for a variety of consults before the actual day of our wedding, she helped coordinate our entire rehearsal and ceremony, she worked with our venue before, during and after our celebration, and she was nothing but encouraging, resourceful and amazing throughout the entire process. Because we were planning our wedding from out of state, Caitlin offered to do a site visit for us, and truly served as a liaison and advocate for us while we couldn't be in Vermont. The week before our wedding, Caitlin handled last minute vendor coordination so that we could be fully present and enjoy time with our family and friends. The day of our wedding, Caitlin and her assistant, Brittney, were a dream to have on site. Everything ran so smoothly, and I can't stress enough just how calming and supportive they really were. Caitlin did everything from setting up our venue, assuring drop off times, and coordinating our processional to pinning boutonnieres and helping my bridesmaid bustle my dress. We have received so many compliments about her services and just how smoothly the day ran because of her. If you are considering having even a little bit of a DIY wedding, hire DIY Wedding Mentor! We can't thank her enough for everything she did for us!

Sent on 09/26/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Sarah & Sam, thank you so much for sharing your experience of working with us! We are so happy that you found us because we couldn't imagine this wedding season without working with you! The few logistical challenges with the space made it all that more rewarding when everything came together so beautifully. And your kindness, calm, and practical approach was just amazing :) So happy for the two of you!!

Brooke · Married on 09/03/2016

Caitlin was truly incredible to work with. She went so far above and beyond what our expectations of what a planner would be; her unfailing organization, loving direction and positive encouragement made the entire process enjoyable, even on the difficult days! She had a unique ability to both hear and understand what our values were, and then incorporate them into her skillful planning, making our wedding day more beautiful, original and relaxing than we could have ever done ourselves. She's a one-of-a-kind planner, and an absolute professional. I can not recommend her highly enough!!!

Sent on 09/15/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke & Matt! I loved our planning sessions so much, and it was such an amazing experience being part of your wedding day. It was wonderful how you both knew what you wanted in your local VT wedding, and were also flexible and open minded throughout the process. Your wedding was amazing and unique because it totally reflected the both of you :) Wishing you both lots and lots of happiness, and hoping our paths cross again soon!

Emily · Married on 08/13/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor has been invaluable to me...Im getting married at a venue so its not entirely DIY but so many of her tools have been so helpful for me. Her checklist reiterates that I havent forgotten about anything; her timeline covers everything from save the dates to ceremony; my fiance and I have followed her ceremony template to a T and its been so useful for us because we are not having a religious ceremony and werent sure where to start.

The prices are so reasonable for the great value you get from her work. It's clear that DIY wedding mentor understands that even though its another wedding for them, for you, its the most important day of your life.

Thank you!!

Sent on 06/07/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you, Emily! We're SO happy to hear that our Wedding Ceremony Template and checklists were helpful! It's so true that every wedding in amazing in its own way, and we're honored to help any couple who is looking for some support and guidance along the way. Thank you so much for the feedback - it means so much!

Chris & Emiy · Married on 06/04/2016

We worked closely with Brittany Hollman in preparation for our wedding and on the day of our wedding. Brittany worked with us months leading up to the wedding to help us stay organized and keep us on target. She has a great demeanor, a positive approach, and is a genuine person always wanting to do her best. Brittany attended our rehearsal dinner and was on site at our venue bright and early the morning of the wedding. She made it possible for us to enjoy our day, free of worries. She put out fires with ease, because not matter how hard you try to think of everything, something is bound to pop up. She was able to use her knowledge of wedding planning to make things happen! We highly recommend Brittany with absolutely no reservations because she made our wedding day what it was!

Sent on 07/18/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Chris and Emily, I was SO happy to help a truly wonderful couple. Thank you for the kind words! - Brittany

Melissa · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Caitlin was the best gift I could have given myself. She helped us so much in the planning process and then executed the day of so thoughtfully and completely. I was so relaxed on my wedding day (and I am prone to stress related freak outs) because I knew that Caitlin had it all under control and that everything was going to work out. I wanted to have my wedding at a nontraditional venue, and that's what she specializes in. I also knew that I didn't want my friends and family working on my wedding day. I wanted everyone to be able to just be a guest. And because of Caitlin's hard work, that was totally possible. Do yourself a favor, hire Caitlin so that you can relax on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/07/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Melissa! You and Ian were so wonderful to work with, and your camp wedding was amazing!! I will remember it, the meaningful details, and the feeling you created among your family and friends for a long time to come :)

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

I literally cannot say enough good things about Caitlin and DIY Wedding Mentor. Everything she did was exactly what I hoped for and envisioned. I truly believe she made my wedding even more beautiful than I had imagined. If you're on the fence, take my word for it and hire DIY Wedding Mentor. You won't be sorry!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much Kate for the review! It was such a great time doing the set up for your wedding - your decor was AMAZING! Loved it and working with you!

Amy · Married on 12/12/2015

I recently hired Caitlin to help me with my sisters wedding. Caitlin has been awesome to work with so far. I decided to use her "Wedding In A Box" service. It is great!! When I planned my wedding I ended up getting my save the dates, wedding invitations, rehearsal invitations, thank you notes and menus from all different sites. It was difficult trying to make sure they all coordinated. The "Wedding In A Box" service takes all the aggravation out of the process. Her designs are beautiful and she was able to change the colors without a problem. She has been so attentive and gets back to all my emails immediately. Caitlin is so easy going and patient. I had to email her up to 10 times some days because I was running everything by my mother. She was understanding and took my mom's vision into consideration.
    Well I received the engagement invitations in the mail today and they are beautiful!!!
    I know my sister is going to love them! She even sent them in really pretty packaging. You can tell she puts a LOT of thought into her work and it shows.

I am looking forward to working with Caitlin more over the next 11 months.
    Thanks Caitlin!!!

Sent on 01/29/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

I'm so glad you used Weddings In A Box and were happy with the invitations! I LOVE the teal and purple colors that you and your mom chose. I look forward with working with your family more as well over the coming months!

Carole · Married on 10/10/2015

My daughter and her husband had their wedding at our home on our "farm" . The venue was challenging because it was an expansive area to cover and we had 300 people as guests. Caitlyn was amazing, I don't know how we would have had a wedding without her. I honestly never worried about one detail on the day of the wedding. And for me, that is huge!!! Her organizational and communication skills were fabulous. Every one in the wedding party loved her soft demeanor and smile. She had every single thing under control from lighting the votives to making sure no one missed the buses and was left behind. I cannot rave enough about her. She definitely had our backs through the entire process. Thank you DIY Wedding Mentor!

Sent on 10/17/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much Carole for your kind words and for working with us! The wedding was absolutely beautiful, and we were honored to be a part of it :)

Dorothy · Married on 10/10/2015

Caitlin and the entire DIY wedding mentor team went above and beyond to make our wedding day special, unique and smooth. We had a very large wedding and Caitlin assured us that she could still encorporate our vision of doing it at my parents house. There was a ton of moving parts, lots of things to juggle and Caitlin and her team did it without a hitch. The planning process was just what it should be. In the beginning, it was the perfect amount of space-- I felt like I was still in charge and planning my own wedding with as much assistance and advice as I needed. As the day approached, Caitlin seemlessly took over and made my life so much easier. Two weeks prior to the wedding she truly did everything she could to ease my concerns, was so organized and really thought of everything. The day of, I can't even explain how grateful I was for her. I was able to actually relax, let go of control and enjoy my wedding day. We ran out of menus for each place setting, no big deal-- she put one at every other seat without me knowing, and it looked like we planned it. Power went out in the tent briefly? I look over and Caitlin has her phone in the air encouraging everyone to act like a concert with the band until we got the power back and running. She was professional, sweet, organized and most of all genuine to her style. We did not want a cookie cutter wedding. This was special and unique and although I wanted it to be "pinterest worthy" I wanted it to have heart. She totally got that. She never made us feel crazy for imagining to do a 300 person wedding at my parents house, she embraced the challenge and was excited by our vision. I really can not recommend DIY wedding mentor enough, I really think she was put into our life for a reason. There are many planners out there, but Caitlin and DIY wedding mentor is something different-- they plan for love, they are excited by new ideas, they embrace the spontaneity of the day while being in total control. THANK YOU, thank you!!

Sent on 02/04/2016

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Dorrie, thank you so much for this review! It means so much as you perfectly captured our approach to wedding planning, and because your wedding meant so much to us. What an incredible day it was! Can we do it again -- one year vow renewal maybe? ;-) Hope you and Kyle are doing amazing!

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2015

Working with Caitlin helped us feel safe, that everything (all the details) would be taken care of and remembered. She was great!

Sent on 09/16/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Lisa & Brendan, it was so wonderful working with you both, and I loved your unique approach to your wedding! It was so much fun, and a great reflection of you. Congrats again!

Renee · Married on 09/06/2015

Working with DIY Wedding Mentor was a wedding day life saver! We had a lot of decorations that we needed to set up ourselves. As the bride, I had help from ladies in my wedding party and family, but there are always details that will need to be done the day-of. If you can avoid doing that yourself- definitely do! We had Brittany come in on our wedding day and set up all our ceremony decorations, our wedding favors and some additional decorative details. Also Brittany handled the break-down, gathering and packaging of all our leftover supplies which was a HUGE help. After you've wrapped the reception- you're tired and will want to relax. I was able to do so knowing things were being taken care of. Thank you ladies!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

We're so glad you used our Event Staff Services, Renee & Peter! The details you came up with were beautiful, and it was so much fun helping your vision become a reality. Thanks so much for your review and congrats again on your marriage!

Adriana · Married on 08/27/2015

My wedding was in Burlington, VT but I was planning it from Denver, CO. I was doing a lot of the planning alone and was starting to really stress. I insisted that we hire a day of planner and Caitlin's prices were definitely the best.. the reason the price changed was that we hired an extra helper for the day and then any last minute costs...Anyway, I couldn't be happier that I did hire her. Caitlin was my saving grace...Not only could I send her random emails in the middle of the night when I was overthinking things but she would get back to me either the next day or day after. Talking to her quickly became more like talking to a friend and she completely understood my feelings and helped to calm me down and/or point me in the right direction. Throughout the wedding, I would constantly see her running around doing things so I knew she was really trying to make the day perfect - she even texted me the morning of to let me know that our family friend that we hired to help had twisted her ankle but that she had found a replacement! A REPLACEMENT THE MORNING OF! I wouldn't have been able to do that myself. As we got closer to the wedding day, even my husband who had originally fought the idea of spending money on a planner agreed that it was definitely for the best that we hired her(and I definitely threw in a "I TOLD YOU!"). Seriously, Caitlin is the best. Everyone show hire her, all the time.

Sent on 08/10/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Adriana and Jamie, thank you so much for sharing your review here! As I'm sure you already know, we LOVED working with you guys :) From start to finish, it was an awesome day and wonderful getting to know the two of you!

Nancy · Married on 08/22/2015

My experience with DIY wedding mentor was nothing short of amazing. I knew that I did not need a "full-on" wedding planner and my venue had someone on-site to assist the evening of my wedding. But I did need help with the small, minor details leading up to the wedding; Brittany was perfect for that. She helped me with my table numbers and settings, contacting and coordinating with the various vendors, and most importantly, with the time line the day of the wedding.

One small token that I will share about Brittany that really speaks to her character is this: she assisted me in creating a poster thanking all my guests for being there and being a part of the lives of my husband and I. When the poster arrived, I realized there was a small grammatical mistake - something that we both missed. When I pointed it out to Brittany she offered to fix it free of charge and even paid for the re-print out of her own pocket. This was a mistake we had both missed but Brittany went above and beyond insisting that she should have caught it. That's the type of person she is.

If you need help with your wedding - big or small - I highly recommend Brittany Hollman and DIY Wedding Mentor.

Sent on 10/08/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and kind words, Nancy! It was a pleasure helping you & Chris plan your wedding, and we couldn't have been happier to be a part of it. We wish you both the very, very best!

Phoebe · Married on 08/15/2015

Caitlin is all sorts of awesome-- seriously. Throughout the planning phase, Caitlin is incredibly easy to talk to, helpful and knowledgeable about pretty much every subject that comes up, and toward the end of planning gets down to the details of the details so she can execute well on the day of the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Caitlin's flexibility was fantastic. For our summer wedding weather we had what is probably a wedding planner's worst case scenario-- mother nature's indecisiveness bouncing back and forth between being beautiful and sunny, then being dark and brooding with small patches of rain, and then back to sunny all throughout the day! Basically, Caitlin had to hold TWO plans in her head and had to execute fairly quickly especially when it turned into a massive thunderstorm right before the ceremony was supposed to start!

But! Thanks to Caitlin, everything went off without a hitch and we didn't have to worry at all because we knew the decisions and coordination were in Caitlin's capable hands. The guests all had an amazing time, we had a great time, and we considered ourselves lucky to have Caitlin on our team.

Sent on 08/23/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you Phoebe & Ben! You guys were so great to work with and I think the thunderstorm ended up bringing a unique element to the day for the wedding of a wonderfully unique couple. It brought some additional excitement for sure and you guys were amazing at rolling with it :) Thanks for the review and say hi to Toby--what a cutie-pie!

Anneka · Married on 06/06/2015

I can’t recommend Caitlin and Brittany of DIY Wedding Mentor highly enough. My husband and I were lucky enough to find them after realizing our DIY camp-style weekend wedding was a bigger task than we had accounted for. I immediately loved Caitlin’s energy and knew from speaking to her that she had experience with weekend DIY weddings. Caitlin and Brittany brought their incredible energy, sense of calm and organizational skills to every meeting we had, and they totally went above and beyond to ensure that the actual day went super smoothly. For us, a big part of their work meant keeping track of all our hired vendors and family members who helped out. We felt really good about having them oversee everything so that one family member didn’t end up working the entire weekend and missing out on the fun. Caitlin and Brittany did an incredible job staying on top of all of the details and working with everyone.

Booking DIY mentor was just about the best decision I made during wedding planning and I would highly recommend them to couples who need some help keeping or staying organized on your big day.

Sent on 06/16/2015

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Thank you so much Anneka for your kind words! We loved working with you and Dan, and it was amazing to help out with such a great wedding, filled with such supportive and friendly people. You have lots of rock stars among your family and friends, and the sense of community was totally infectious. It was a beautiful day because of the vision you guys had!

Kasey · Married on 08/29/2014

I cannot say enough good things about DIY Wedding Mentor, Caitlin!! We used her as a wedding coordinator, planner, decorator, And everything inbetween, and the entire process was stress-free, seamless, and better than we could ever have imagined!!! My husband and I didn't know too much of what we wanted, but Caitlin knew the right questions to ask so that OUR vision was carried out and our wedding day was absolutely PERFECT and a true reflection of us!!! Everybody talked about how this was the best wedding they ever attended.

Caitlin is SO easy to work with! She is kind, considerate, thoughtful, friendly, flexible, organized, attentive, professional, imaginative, creative, innovative, responsive, positive, and fabulous in every way!!!! I would recommend her services to ANYONE!!! Because of HER, our day was stress free and a true reflection of us! She took what we wanted and made MAGIC happen!!! It was as if we did everything ourselves minus the stress that comes with wedding planning!!! Thank you for making our day PERFECT!!! We love you, Caitlin!!!

Sent on 09/04/2014

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Kasey, I am so happy the wedding came out just the way you and Ryan had hoped it would :) It was SO beautiful and fun!! I loved the cocktail reception you had, and how everyone danced the night away. Thank you so much for having me be a part of your day!

marti · Married on 08/29/2014

DIY Wedding Mentor/Caitlin is a God send. I am the mother of the bride and have had many years’ experience as an event planner for a Fortune 100 company, as well as have planned weddings for friends and family members. Needless to say I am rather detailed and have my idea of how things should be done. When I asked Caitlin questions she was always a step ahead of me, having attended to the issue at hand and providing the answers that put me at ease. Her demeanor was calming when I wasn’t. She has the ability to get vendors to respond and deliver, when I didn’t think possible. I relied on her expertise (and I thought I was the expert  ) and by the time the big day came, I was comfortable being completely out of the last minute details and execution. I was able to relax and think of nothing other than the perfect day.
    Caitlin made my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding magical for them, their family / guests and me.

Sent on 09/04/2014

DIY Wedding Mentor's reply:

Marti, it was such a pleasure to work with you and help with the wedding! You were so much fun to work with, and I'll never forget how kind and appreciative you and your whole family were. I'm so grateful that our paths crossed and hope they cross again!