63 Reviews for Dianes Dream Brides

Ring Bearers (1)
Garters (1)
63 Dianes Dream Brides Reviews

0.6

Racists people in here , there was an employee a young lady I don't remember her name but she was tall with short bob like hair and she was carrying a baby . And she is rude

Profile Picture Angela , 11/6/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Ring Bearers
0.5

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE I WILL NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN RHONDA IS THE WORST SHE IS VERY RUDE

Profile Picture User7417419, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I cannot begin to share my gratitude for Diane, and her team at Diane's Dream Brides. My journey to finding my wedding dress here was a complete full-circle moment for me!

Diane's Dream Brides was my first job out of high school, but it quickly became much more than a job for me. Diane's Dream Brides and the people who I worked with became extended family, and the store - a place to grow up and learn d how to provide excellence in customer service. I first learned here how to strive for specialized, focused, and genuine customer care that allowed people to find a sense of ease and belonging while shopping. I worked side-by-side with Diane (and Rhonda) for over 5 years, first as a sales associate and then store manager. Each day celebrating in the daily magic of people finding their "dream dresses." I honestly never thought that I would be buying a formal or traditional wedding dress, but when I got engaged in fall 2016 I knew there was one store I needed to go to.

I have been living in Chicago since '06, and have remained close to Diane and team mates from my time at the store. My experience shopping as a bride brought me back to my days working there. I had a clear vision as to what I wanted, and felt a little uncertain we would find it - but one person did not feel uncertain, Diane. She confidently brought into the fitting room what was to end up being my wedding dress. A vintage-inspired lace bodice, dropped waist dress with a thin net skirt and a boatneck illusion neckline in a beautiful light ivory color. The only downside was the dress was floor length, had some beading I didn't love, and the sleeves were long and I wanted 3/4 length - but ALL of those things could be custom ordered to my preferred length and style! That was IT! I was ready to say YES to the DRESS!

This fall I was married in Chicago, to my dream partner in life. And this original "Dream Girl" became a "Dream Bride!"

Profile Picture Amber, 10/22/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Bride

Diane and her staff were absolutely wonderful! I was not thinking about having to actually order a dress and get it altered, ( I waited too long to shop!) so I was so happy to find that they had an "off-the-rack" section. The dress I chose was not really what I was originally thinking, but it was so beautiful and was actually the perfect dress for me! From the time I first stepped into the salon, I knew it was different. Not one lady there made me feel like I was an inconvenience or "less than", as so many out there did. They treated me like I was special from the beginning! Their follow up was great and Diane made sure that I did not settle for anything less than what I wanted. The seamstress, Mary, was very patient in the very minor alterations I wanted. Since I am only 5'2", I kept having her cut the bottom until I was comfortable with the length. What I really appreciated was that she refused to take off a big portion at one time! She wanted to make sure the length was exactly what I wanted without going too short in the beginning! The prices were very reasonable, even the ones that I looked at that you had to order. I would HIGHLY recommend Diane's Dream Brides to anyone! Thank you Diane, and all your ladies for making me feel special and beautiful, and for giving me an overall very positive experience! Lori Sears,
9.18.2017

Photo for Dianes Dream Brides Review - Greg and Lori Sears 9.18.2017
Photo for Dianes Dream Brides Review - Greg and Lori Sears 9.28.2017
Photo for Dianes Dream Brides Review - Greg and Lori Sears 9.18.2017
Profile Picture Lori, 9/18/17, 3 Reviews
0.5

Their actual store is worn and looks a little dirty. They have a moderate dress selection. Dress prices are not cheap but I wouldn't say that they are higher than what else is around. If you have any need for modesty go elsewhere. The curtain to the dressing room is sheer. The woman who would bring the dresses to me wouldn't leave the room until I handed her the dress that was on my body to her. She saw every part of my body other than what was covered by my underwear sans my bra. Luckily I’m not body conscious but a little privacy would have been nice. If you have anyone in your bridal party who is larger than a size 4/6 they won't be able to try on bridesmaid dresses. All in all the woman who helped me ruined my first dress shopping experience. She was rude and did not hold back her snarky comments. I wouldn't recommend this store. Even if I would have found the dress of my dreams I wouldn't have purchased it there.

Profile Picture User7816539, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My bridesmaids picked their dresses at the store for my June 17th Wedding. The staff was great! They were patient as each lady picked out the dress that suited them. Love this store and staff.

Profile Picture Cathleen, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

My daughter and I just happened upon Diane's and we are so glad we did. I was looking for a Mother-of-the-Bride dress and did not have much luck at a few other salons I visited. I cannot imagine having a better consultant than Rhonda and Diane was awesome as well. I didn't know what I wanted yet in terms of style so I was glad that there was a wide range of selection. Rhonda picked out a variety of dresses while letting me know what she thought would best match my figure, venue, and personality. She was patient and I never felt pressured to buy, but also never ignored (and it was very busy the day I was there.) which I really appreciated. In the end I found my dress there and I LOVE it. Thank you to Diane's Dream Brides and to Rhonda and Diane for such a fun and memorable experience. I can't wait to wear the dress!

Profile Picture User6096808, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Mother of Bride
2.5

I have very mixed feeling on this review. My experience at Diane's began wonderfully. I picked dresses that caught my eye, from there they chose what they thought would look best and they were spot on. I didn't feel pressured to make a decision, which I appreciated. The dress came in far ahead of schedule.
From there is when it went downhill- the original dress had an asymmetrical front, I special ordered it straight across. When I went in for my first fitting, we discovered the dress had come in between what the original dress was and how I ordered it. The seamstress was incredibly rude, inconsiderate, and short with me- not listening to my concerns, not understanding that the front of the dress was crooked. It was unbelievably disheartening. Diane took responsibility for the error because she was not the one who checked the dress when it came in, for this she covered the cost of alterations. The next time I came in to try it on, the dress was better- but still a bit off/uneven. I decided to leave it because I didn't want to keep messing with it and have it just keep getting worse. When Diane came in to check, I said it was better and my sister said but it still isn't even and Diane threw her hands in the air, turned around and said 'oh I can't', and walked out. It was clear she didn't want to hear about it. I wasn't going to ask for them to do anything else, but her reaction caught me off guard. It was completely unprofessional and rude. I understand they deal with a lot of brides and honestly probably some very high strung women, but it is our special day and the dress is an incredibly important part of that. Highly disappointed.

Profile Picture Kristen, 1/21/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids

I bought my dress on a tight budget, but I never felt like I was getting a budget experience. The salon was full of gorgeous dresses with a wide range of price points. Every single member of the staff (and the owner) exceeded my expectations for helpfulness. Have recommended to all of my engaged friends!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/12/16, 5 Reviews
1.8

I was loving the store until I over heard the boss talking about how we didn't have any money and that we were a waste of time. we did have money and we took it somewhere else. rude people who work here , DONT SHOP HERE PEOPLE
I like Eva's Bridal way better

Profile Picture User7417453, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I happened upon Diane's after visiting several other bridal salons in my area. I went in only to look for bridesmaids dresses because I found the dress I wanted at another shop. But once in Diane's, I was overwhelmed by the customer service from the ladies there, that I decided to come back and look for a dress for myself. Not only did I get a dress for me and all my bridesmaids, but we found dresses and jumpers for the hostesses. Diane and her staff are awesome. I glad I stopped in that day!

Photo for Dianes Dream Brides Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Stacie, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I went to Diane's Dream Brides because my friend who recently got married also went there. The service as a Bride blew me away! Every time I walked in the door, everyone knew who I was. Rhonda, my consultant and Diane, the owner helped me find and design the perfect dress for my wedding day. Every step along the way was flawless and my dress was amazing! So happy I went to Diane's Dream Brides. Such an outstanding experience!

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/20/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Groom
3.4

I was a bridesmaid in wedding and the bride and us found our dresses here. Everything was wonderful until the alteration appointment. I felt very rushed through this process, and wasn't sure what the dress was suppose to look like. After I picked up my dress and was getting dressed for the wedding my straps were to long and had to have someone pin them down and my sash that was attached to the dress was crooked and had to pin the dress to my bra to make the dress not crooked. I was really disappointed in my alterations and felt different in the dress then everyone else!

Profile Picture Carrie, 4/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

From the beginning of my wedding planning process till the day I picked up my gowns Diane and all her girls were absolutely amazing. We were able to customize my gown so it would be like no other dress. We also ordered custom jewelry as well as a custom cathedral veil to match. My bridesmaids all ordered different dresses since they were all different sizes and changing the fabric to make sure they all matched was no problem at all. Diane and all her girls were beyond accommodating, so glad I went there!

Profile Picture User6173580, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

I went to this shop looking for a dress for my son's wedding. I was greeted right away by Joyce. She was SOOOO helpful in finding a dress that looked good and we tired on alot. I ordered it and it came in right as scheduled. All of Diane's employees and her as well were so helpful in this process, even helped me find the right accessories to go with my dress. Bonnie (think that was her name) did a SUPER job on the alterations, she really customized the dress to my liking. EVERYTHING from first impressions to last "pick up" was a total joy. I would HIGHLY recommend any bride, mother of the bride, mother of the groom, and all brides maids go here. You will get top notch service and they really care about you!!!! Grade A+++++++++

Profile Picture User5511301, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Diane, the owner, is AWESOME! She was very responsive and willing to work with me. I had some bead work that needed fixing on my dress and they took care of it with no worries. She even took extra off of my off-the-rack dress since I found it online for cheaper! The seamstress did a wonderful job both on my wedding dress and on my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding a few months later. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful every time I visited the shop. The only downside is that the seamstress is only in one day a week (I believe Thursdays, if I recall correctly), but that's really no big deal. I HIGHLY recommend Diane's Dream Brides for their fantastic customer service and great prices!!

Profile Picture User4354572, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I had purchased 2 bridesmaid dresses here in the past, so when it came time for my wedding gown I knew the place to go! I did go to a couple other places just to see what they had to offer. My experience at Diane's was the best by far. Other places were more concerned with me just buying a dress and it seemed like they wanted me to try on as few as possible. This was not the case at DDB, I ended up buying the second dress that I tried on, however Diane and her associates grabbed several more dresses for me to try on so I could be positive that I had found the dress. My wedding was only 3 months away from when I found my dress and Diane never made me fell like I was crazy for planning everything with such short notice. Even AFTER I had bought my dress I had the BEST costumer service. Since I had bought an ivory dress, I was worried about matching the groom's attire so Diane called the seamstress (who had my dress) and she cut off a sample piece from inside the dress and it was ready the day after. She also expedited the shipping for my veil so it would be in on my final fitting,when it wasn't she called the company and it arrived early the following week; a sales associate even called to let me know it was ready althoughI had told them this was not necessary. EVERYTHING about my experience here was amazing, I felt like I had special treatment even though I wasn't always the only bride in the shop. Without a doubt I recommend Diane's Dream Bride for any bride looking for her dream dress and excellent customer service!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My Bridesmaids dresses were amazing! Diane was so accommodating and efficient. All the girls were able to get their dresses exactly when they were told they would and alterations were quick!! I highly recommend! I wish I would of lived Michigan at the time I bought my wedding gown and could of found one with them!

Profile Picture User5164236, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my daughters flower girl dresses from here. They helped me find something within my budget in the style the I was looking for. The ladies in the store were very nice!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/17/15, 4 Reviews
3.7

I ordered my bridesmaid dress from this store and I wasn't very impressed with the customer service here. I don't have any real complaint about them other than I didn't find them to be very helpful during our shopping trip. I would much rather have went somewhere else but since this was the only store in our area that sold the color the bride wanted we had to shop from here.

Profile Picture shannon, 10/10/14, 10 Reviews
4.2

After going to four other places, I found the perfect dress at Diane's Dream Brides. There was a wonderful selection of dresses to choose from for both bridal gowns and bridesmaids dresses. Although the staff was friendly to me, a few of my bridesmaids shared the lack of professionalism from one of the staff members. The price was reasonable as it included alterations. I would recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture User3683436, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

There staff was professional and welcoming. They had a good selection and and the had sizes to try-on above a size 12.

Profile Picture User3109449, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The entire staff was friendly, easy to work, with and very honest in a polite way) and helpful when selecting my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

he owner is so friendly and helpful. She worked with my budget and got me the dress of my dreams.I bought a dress from the sales rack to save money. It was a few sizes to big and I was concerned about alteration cost and it not looking right after it was fitted. Bonnie, who works there and altered my dress is amazing at what she does. The dress after alterations looked stunning. You would of thought the dress was designed just for me. The cost was very reasonable. I could not be happier. Thank you Dianes Dream Bride.

Profile Picture Amber, 5/24/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This was the first store I went to and I found my dress, my bridesmaids' dresses, and my mom bought a dress too! The staff was very welcoming and knowledgeable about their dresses. When I mentioned something I liked or didn't like about a particular gown, the saleswomen were able to find something I loved. Fittings were quick and easy too. I had a great experience at Diane's.

Profile Picture Sara, 3/29/14, 2 Reviews