Delicate Delights Reviews

Delicate Delights 5
Delicate Delights 6
Delicate Delights 7

Samantha · Married on 06/15/2019

Fantastic taste, look, and easy to work with!

She was so easy to work with, I went with wanting one flavor specifically, and after tasting them, I ended up with three! They were fantastic and the cake was beautifully created! I didn’t have to worry about a thing! She took care of every aspect regarding the cake and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cake to choose Delicate Delights.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Taylor Mcdonald · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicate Delights was the best choice!

Douglass Ann did an amazing job with our wedding cakes and cupcakes. From day one she was so kind, easy to communicate with, and a really hard worker. Our cake tasting was amazing and the cakes/cupcakes display the day of our wedding was stunning. The cakes and cupcakes were a hit and tasted fabulous. It was really easy working with Douglass Ann and she was a pleasure to work with. We will be using Delicate Delights again in the future. Thank you, Douglass Ann! Your cakes are delicious and we LOVED working with you! Love, Taylor and Jonathan

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Kate

Kate Fritts · Married on 04/27/2019

BEST cake ever!

Douglass Ann did the most AMAZING job with our wedding cake. It was absolutely beautiful, and was literally the best cake I have ever tasted! Our guests loved our cake so much that our wedding coordinator said it was the first time an entire cake had been eaten at a wedding at our venue! All of my friends said they got 2 pieces! My husband and I recommend Delight Delights to everyone getting married in Carteret County and beyond!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Angelika

Angelika · Married on 04/27/2019

Delicious wedding cake from Ms. Douglass Ann!

My husband and I heard wonderful things about Ms. Douglass Ann's cakes, so we contacted her for her services for our wedding cake and rehearsal cheesecake! Everyone could not stop talking about how good the cakes were- some guests even ate more than one piece! The white chocolate cheesecake she prepared for the rehearsal dinner was heavenly! We got pineapple almond, sweet potato and chocolate for our wedding cake and the sweet potato cake was the crowd favorite for sure! Did I mention how beautiful it turned out to be (I'll be posting a picture once I get the pictures back from the photographer.) Do yourself a favor and contact her today for any event of yours! Thank you again Ms. Douglass Ann for everything!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Carol W · Married on 04/13/2019

Wonderful Experience with Delicate Delights

We loved our experience with Delicate Delights. Douglass Ann was extremely responsive, professional, and dedicated to making our wedding cake everything we wanted and more. Our cake was beautiful, delicious, and enjoyed by all of our guests. An added treat was the option of having different flavors for the different tiers of the cake, as well as the cake tasting where we were able to try all of the many flavors. We would highly recommend Delicate Delights!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Heather · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding Cake

I wouldn't pick anyone different to do my wedding cake. Douglas Ann was so professional, kind and really understands cakes and how make them beautiful. I had a 3 tier cake for 80 people. Me cake was beach theme with beautiful seashells and coral up the cake. I was amazed how beautiful it was. The cake had 3 layers and was delicious! My guest talked about how amazing it was.

You will not regret picking Delicate Delights.

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Delicate Delights 8

Thea Iovale · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

Douglass Ann is very personable & professional. Her cake tasting was so enjoyable. There are many choices- we picked sweet potato & pineapple. Both were a hit @ the reception! Douglass Ann made Stefanie & Robs special day even more special!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Meredith · Married on 08/11/2018

Douglass Ann is just as sweet as her cakes are! She welcomed my mother and I into her home for a wedding cake tasting. After the tasting we knew right then she would be the one to make our wedding cake. I sent her a photo of what I wanted and she nailed it!! Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious! I highly recommend Delicate Delights!! Thank you for such a great experience!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Delicate Delights 9

Delaina · Married on 07/13/2018

From the beginning, to the end, Ms. Douglass Ann was great! She was very responsive throughout the planning process. She kindly invited us into her home for our tasting (don't eat anything beforehand!). All the flavors are really good and I'm not a cake person. The sweet potato was our favorite! She talked us through sizing options, the cost, and looked at my Pinterest pictures for how we wanted it to look. She did exactly as we asked and came and setup everything at our venue. Everyone loved the cake; we only had 2 pieces leftover! I would highly recommend her and her business. She is the best!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

There are not enough positive words to describe our experience with Douglass Ann and Delicate Delights. From the cake tasting to the finished product, everything was wonderful! After the cake tasting my husband and I kept saying to each other “I’m so excited for our wedding cake!” We just knew it would be delicious. And it was. It was everything I imagined and more! Our guests were in love with her creative flavors and some even asked for a second piece! I was absolutely blown away by how fresh and delicious the cake was! We went to two weddings prior to ours and thought both cakes were meh. But not ours! Absolutely beautiful and soooooo tasty! Thank you Douglass Ann for everything! We are so excited to enjoy our anniversary layer next year! :)

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Delicate Delights 10

Cecilia · Married on 06/06/2018

The Cake was beautiful, and tasted delightful. Douglas went over and above anything we expected, with attention to detail and customer service. A job well done. Thank you!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Wow, Douglass Ann is the best! She made our wedding cake and it was amazing. You can tell she takes great pride in what she does and it shows in her product! Our cake was both beautiful and delicious. She was always extremely responsive, and took care of working directly with our planners the day of the wedding so that my husband and I had nothing to stress about! When we went for our cake tasting, it was so tough choosing the flavors we wanted because all of them were amazing. I would highly recommend her-you are guaranteed to be happy with her product!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

I have known Douglass Ann since I was a child. She has done almost all of my birthday cakes (and my mom and siblings) for as long as I can remember. It's become a standard and a request amongst friends and family to have "Douglass Ann cake!" We even have her make cakes "just because" and around holidays! It was without any question that we wanted Douglass Ann as our wedding cake provider. This was one of the most fun and exciting parts of wedding planning. Douglass Ann has a heart of gold and is FIRST CLASS in every single thing she does. She is so meticulous and will only serve you her best work! We went over to her house for the cake tasting and we were WOW'ed by each of the 7 flavors we got to try! We ended up doing a four layer cake with 3 flavors. We chose the sweet potato flavor for our largest layer, chocolate ganache for the second layer, and coconut for the top 2 layers. We knew our guests would love the cake but I didn't know how much of a hit it would be! People were running up to us during and after the wedding telling us how EACH layer was the best wedding cake they have ever had. People said they were going up for more and sharing pieces amongst each other so they could each get a taste of each layer! Our caterer (Floyds 1921) gave my husband and I 2 boxes with HUGE pieces of each cake flavor for us to have the day after our wedding (we were over the moon!). I can't say enough how much we love Douglass Ann. I have felt like she's been apart of my family and having her do our wedding cake was literally "the icing on the cake!" If you want to have a memorable wedding cake that your guests will talk about forever & a vendor that you do not have to be stressed about, then you must go with Douglass Ann! Thank you so much for being a JOY to work with during chaotic wedding planning. We will always remember how delicious our cake was and forever grateful for the masterpiece you created for us!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Delicate Delights 11
    Delicate Delights 12
    Delicate Delights 13
    Delicate Delights 14

Paige · Married on 04/28/2018

Douglass Ann is so incredibly talented! She did a great job of creating the cake I wanted while still making sure it would be delicious and not just pretty to look at. Love her!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Meagan · Married on 04/21/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about Douglass Ann and her delicious cakes! She was incredible to work with and the cake was absolutely fantastic! She makes the best wedding cake! It was a huge hit with all of the guests. She offers so many delicious cake options, but everyone's favorite was the sweet potato. We also did a chocolate layer and a strawberry layer. All three were incredible! She's the best!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Madison · Married on 04/14/2018

Douglass Ann was beyond amazing. She made us feel so at home and comfortable with her from the beginning. I had an idea in mind of what we wanted from a previous cake she did and I took that to her and she made the perfect cake for us. We wanted a simple yet elegant cake and that’s exactly what we received. She is so talented and everything turned out perfect! The hardest part was choosing the cake flavors because everything we tasted was amazing! We ended up going with lemon raspberry, key lime and chocolate and it was such a hit, everyone loved it.

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Delicate Delights 15

Annie · Married on 04/07/2018

Douglas Ann is so wonderful to work with! She makes amazing wedding cakes and made the experience great! We knew we had nothing to worry about after we attended her cake tasting. The most popular flavors for us were the sweet potato and the strawberry! So many compliments were given!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Margaret · Married on 03/24/2018

From the moment we contacted Douglass Ann about our daughters wedding cake, it was the best experience! She was quick to respond, answered all our questions, invited us for the best tasting we've ever been to, and was just such a sweet, genuine lady to do business with. I loved her from our first phone conversation. You will not be disappointed! I had heard great things about her, but was blown away at her down to earth, sweet southern charm. We went with 4 different flavors. Our favorite was the sweet potato cake, then the key lime, almond pineapple and the strawberry. Our wedding guests complimented us all night, and the days to follow, about the delicious, moist cake. If you are in question about who to get to make your cake, stop worrying and just contact Douglass Ann. She will do the rest and you will not regret your choice. I promise!!!!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Mary Ann · Married on 03/17/2018

The cake was delicious and beautiful we had many compliments on the Sweet Potato layers...
    The Chocolate was also very good. Douglas Ann was a joy to work with.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Azlinn · Married on 11/18/2017

Douglass was amazing! She came highly recommended to us by our wedding planner, and she definitely came through. The cake looked perfect, and tasted even better. We were more than happy with her and our experience.

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Delicate Delights 16

Katie · Married on 11/11/2017

We were so pleased with how the cake turned out! Douglass Ann is the best! She was so wonderful to work with and made the cake process of wedding planning easy. Our guests loved the various cake flavors! The sweet potato was a hit and my personal favorite! I was happy to support a small business in Beaufort for our wedding. Thank you for making our perfect wedding cake!

Sent on 12/01/2017

jacob · Married on 10/14/2017

Douglass was amazing! We wanted a custom three tier cat wedding cake and she delivered! We had a sweet potato caramel leche ( so good! ) bottom tier, middle chocolate with chocolate ganache ( which was a guest favorite) and a top lemon raspberry! She was so nice and professional! I honestly have been craving all three flavors since the wedding haha!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Delicate Delights 17
    Delicate Delights 18
    Delicate Delights 19

Julia · Married on 09/23/2017

Douglass Ann was a joy to work with. Her cakes are not only beautiful but they are delicious. The cake was anything I could ever dream of and more. Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

Douglass Ann is absolutely a pleasure to work with and not to mention her cakes our insanely amazing. We used her for rehearsal dinner (Chocolate Cake & Cheesecake) that was out of this world and was a huge hit. For our wedding we had 4 different flavors (sweet potato, key lime, pineapple almond, & strawberry cream). Literally every bit of cake was eaten, we had no leftovers if that tells you anything :)!! So many guests have told me how wonderful our cake was and we owe it to Douglass Ann. They were absolutely delicious and I highly recommend Delicate Delights for any occasion. She did my niece's first birthday cake and it was perfect as well!

Sent on 09/25/2017