Delicate Delights Reviews

Delicate Delights 6
Delicate Delights 7

Thea Iovale · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

Douglass Ann is very personable & professional. Her cake tasting was so enjoyable. There are many choices- we picked sweet potato & pineapple. Both were a hit @ the reception! Douglass Ann made Stefanie & Robs special day even more special!

Meredith · Married on 08/11/2018

Douglass Ann is just as sweet as her cakes are! She welcomed my mother and I into her home for a wedding cake tasting. After the tasting we knew right then she would be the one to make our wedding cake. I sent her a photo of what I wanted and she nailed it!! Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious! I highly recommend Delicate Delights!! Thank you for such a great experience!

Delicate Delights 8

Delaina · Married on 07/13/2018

From the beginning, to the end, Ms. Douglass Ann was great! She was very responsive throughout the planning process. She kindly invited us into her home for our tasting (don't eat anything beforehand!). All the flavors are really good and I'm not a cake person. The sweet potato was our favorite! She talked us through sizing options, the cost, and looked at my Pinterest pictures for how we wanted it to look. She did exactly as we asked and came and setup everything at our venue. Everyone loved the cake; we only had 2 pieces leftover! I would highly recommend her and her business. She is the best!

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

There are not enough positive words to describe our experience with Douglass Ann and Delicate Delights. From the cake tasting to the finished product, everything was wonderful! After the cake tasting my husband and I kept saying to each other “I’m so excited for our wedding cake!” We just knew it would be delicious. And it was. It was everything I imagined and more! Our guests were in love with her creative flavors and some even asked for a second piece! I was absolutely blown away by how fresh and delicious the cake was! We went to two weddings prior to ours and thought both cakes were meh. But not ours! Absolutely beautiful and soooooo tasty! Thank you Douglass Ann for everything! We are so excited to enjoy our anniversary layer next year! :)

Delicate Delights 9

Cecilia · Married on 06/06/2018

The Cake was beautiful, and tasted delightful. Douglas went over and above anything we expected, with attention to detail and customer service. A job well done. Thank you!

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Wow, Douglass Ann is the best! She made our wedding cake and it was amazing. You can tell she takes great pride in what she does and it shows in her product! Our cake was both beautiful and delicious. She was always extremely responsive, and took care of working directly with our planners the day of the wedding so that my husband and I had nothing to stress about! When we went for our cake tasting, it was so tough choosing the flavors we wanted because all of them were amazing. I would highly recommend her-you are guaranteed to be happy with her product!

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

I have known Douglass Ann since I was a child. She has done almost all of my birthday cakes (and my mom and siblings) for as long as I can remember. It's become a standard and a request amongst friends and family to have "Douglass Ann cake!" We even have her make cakes "just because" and around holidays! It was without any question that we wanted Douglass Ann as our wedding cake provider. This was one of the most fun and exciting parts of wedding planning. Douglass Ann has a heart of gold and is FIRST CLASS in every single thing she does. She is so meticulous and will only serve you her best work! We went over to her house for the cake tasting and we were WOW'ed by each of the 7 flavors we got to try! We ended up doing a four layer cake with 3 flavors. We chose the sweet potato flavor for our largest layer, chocolate ganache for the second layer, and coconut for the top 2 layers. We knew our guests would love the cake but I didn't know how much of a hit it would be! People were running up to us during and after the wedding telling us how EACH layer was the best wedding cake they have ever had. People said they were going up for more and sharing pieces amongst each other so they could each get a taste of each layer! Our caterer (Floyds 1921) gave my husband and I 2 boxes with HUGE pieces of each cake flavor for us to have the day after our wedding (we were over the moon!). I can't say enough how much we love Douglass Ann. I have felt like she's been apart of my family and having her do our wedding cake was literally "the icing on the cake!" If you want to have a memorable wedding cake that your guests will talk about forever & a vendor that you do not have to be stressed about, then you must go with Douglass Ann! Thank you so much for being a JOY to work with during chaotic wedding planning. We will always remember how delicious our cake was and forever grateful for the masterpiece you created for us!

Delicate Delights 10
    Delicate Delights 11
    Delicate Delights 12
    Delicate Delights 13

Paige · Married on 04/28/2018

Douglass Ann is so incredibly talented! She did a great job of creating the cake I wanted while still making sure it would be delicious and not just pretty to look at. Love her!

Meagan · Married on 04/21/2018

I can't say enough wonderful things about Douglass Ann and her delicious cakes! She was incredible to work with and the cake was absolutely fantastic! She makes the best wedding cake! It was a huge hit with all of the guests. She offers so many delicious cake options, but everyone's favorite was the sweet potato. We also did a chocolate layer and a strawberry layer. All three were incredible! She's the best!

Madison · Married on 04/14/2018

Douglass Ann was beyond amazing. She made us feel so at home and comfortable with her from the beginning. I had an idea in mind of what we wanted from a previous cake she did and I took that to her and she made the perfect cake for us. We wanted a simple yet elegant cake and that’s exactly what we received. She is so talented and everything turned out perfect! The hardest part was choosing the cake flavors because everything we tasted was amazing! We ended up going with lemon raspberry, key lime and chocolate and it was such a hit, everyone loved it.

Delicate Delights 14

Annie · Married on 04/07/2018

Douglas Ann is so wonderful to work with! She makes amazing wedding cakes and made the experience great! We knew we had nothing to worry about after we attended her cake tasting. The most popular flavors for us were the sweet potato and the strawberry! So many compliments were given!!

Margaret · Married on 03/24/2018

From the moment we contacted Douglass Ann about our daughters wedding cake, it was the best experience! She was quick to respond, answered all our questions, invited us for the best tasting we've ever been to, and was just such a sweet, genuine lady to do business with. I loved her from our first phone conversation. You will not be disappointed! I had heard great things about her, but was blown away at her down to earth, sweet southern charm. We went with 4 different flavors. Our favorite was the sweet potato cake, then the key lime, almond pineapple and the strawberry. Our wedding guests complimented us all night, and the days to follow, about the delicious, moist cake. If you are in question about who to get to make your cake, stop worrying and just contact Douglass Ann. She will do the rest and you will not regret your choice. I promise!!!!

Mary Ann · Married on 03/17/2018

The cake was delicious and beautiful we had many compliments on the Sweet Potato layers...
    The Chocolate was also very good. Douglas Ann was a joy to work with.

Azlinn · Married on 11/18/2017

Douglass was amazing! She came highly recommended to us by our wedding planner, and she definitely came through. The cake looked perfect, and tasted even better. We were more than happy with her and our experience.

Delicate Delights 15

Katie · Married on 11/11/2017

We were so pleased with how the cake turned out! Douglass Ann is the best! She was so wonderful to work with and made the cake process of wedding planning easy. Our guests loved the various cake flavors! The sweet potato was a hit and my personal favorite! I was happy to support a small business in Beaufort for our wedding. Thank you for making our perfect wedding cake!

jacob · Married on 10/14/2017

Douglass was amazing! We wanted a custom three tier cat wedding cake and she delivered! We had a sweet potato caramel leche ( so good! ) bottom tier, middle chocolate with chocolate ganache ( which was a guest favorite) and a top lemon raspberry! She was so nice and professional! I honestly have been craving all three flavors since the wedding haha!

Delicate Delights 16
    Delicate Delights 17
    Delicate Delights 18

Julia · Married on 09/23/2017

Douglass Ann was a joy to work with. Her cakes are not only beautiful but they are delicious. The cake was anything I could ever dream of and more. Would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

Douglass Ann is absolutely a pleasure to work with and not to mention her cakes our insanely amazing. We used her for rehearsal dinner (Chocolate Cake & Cheesecake) that was out of this world and was a huge hit. For our wedding we had 4 different flavors (sweet potato, key lime, pineapple almond, & strawberry cream). Literally every bit of cake was eaten, we had no leftovers if that tells you anything :)!! So many guests have told me how wonderful our cake was and we owe it to Douglass Ann. They were absolutely delicious and I highly recommend Delicate Delights for any occasion. She did my niece's first birthday cake and it was perfect as well!

Anna J Snyder · Married on 07/26/2017

Really thought the cake fit the beach theme wedding. The taste was wonderful. Would recommend her in a heart beat. She is also very nice lady. Hope to use her again.

Mary Hannah · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't speak highly enough about Douglass Ann and the incredible cake she made for my wedding. I had multiple friends refer me to her when my husband and I first started looking at cake vendors. We only had 1 cake tasting and it was with Douglass Ann – once we tasted the cakes, it was game over. My husband isn't usually a big cake fan and he was blown away by all of the flavors! It was so hard to choose one flavor that we ended up choosing 4! We went with Sweet Potato (don't knock it until you try it - this one was, unexpectantly, our favorite!), Key Lime, Strawberry Cream and Lemon Raspberry. Not only was the cake phenomenal (seriously, the best cake I've ever had), my mom, husband and I had an instant connection with Douglass Ann and from day one she was nothing shy of a complete joy to work with. She was upfront and honest, a sucker for detail and perfection, and one of the kindest people I had the pleasure of working with throughout the wedding planning process. Our reception was outside on June 10th and she went above and beyond to make sure the cake was in the right place at the right time without melting that wonderful buttercream icing. By the time I saw it, it was still in absolute perfect condition and was everything I dreamed it would be. We STILL have friends and family talking about how tasty it was. I truly can’t say enough about Douglass Ann or give her a high enough rating. To say I highly recommend Delicate Delights, would be an understatement. :)

Lisa · Married on 06/03/2017

I contacted Douglas Ann about a year before my daughters wedding. From the bingeing she has been the sweetest, most professional talented and responsive baker and person. She took our daughters dream for a cake and made it a reality and more. She took the time to get to know both my daughter, Abbie and I personally. We had many phone conversations and emails but it was a great day when we had the pleasure of sitting down with her and tasting her amazing cakes. She welcomed my husband, the bride, groom and I into her home and took a picture of both the groom's cake and the wedding cake and made it a reality that were not only beautiful but delicious. We had so very many compliments on the cake, as a matter of fact, we had a guest list of about 230 and there was very little wedding cake left! I would highly recommend Douglas Ann with Delicate Delights to anyone who is in need of a beautiful and delicious cake for their wedding.

Priscilla · Married on 05/13/2017

Douglass was AMAZING!!! Every little girl dreams of her wedding day. And besides the dress and husband (of course :) ) the cake is on the top of the list of what you imagine. I could not have ever pictured a more perfect cake. The whole experience was so special. I assumed a cake tasting was just a cake tasting until we met Douglass. Her passion and love for her craft was obvious within in few moments of knowing her. I can't even begin to guess how many hours she put into our cake. The meticulous handmade gum paste roses that covered the entire bottom tier were beyond breathtaking. Guests thought the delicate petals were real and were astonished they were handmade. Each rose was impeccable and I knew each one was made with love. I made sure not a single one was harmed in the cutting of our cake :) She genuinely loves what she does and why she does it. Not only did it look flawless, but it tasted so GOOD!! Not that I was surprised. The sweet potato (trust me, try it) and the lemon raspberry were the crowd favorites, but I think the almond pineapple was my personal pick. Every tier was moist and delicious! The groom's cake is not pictured, but it was perfect too of course. She also made a cake for our Mardi Gras themed shower back in February that was spectacular. I can not say enough wonderful things about the beautiful work of art she created for our wedding. The cake was beautiful, but more than that so is Douglass. She truly cared about how important this day was for my husband and me and wanted to make sure we would be happy. Thank you Douglass for being such a beautiful part of our wedding experience.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/29/2017

I hate to say I'm often disappointed in the cake quality at weddings, so we wanted to make sure our cake stood out from others and didn't seem like an afterthought. Many people recommended Douglass Ann's wedding cake as the best in the area, and we were not disappointed! She was incredibly responsive from the first time I called, and the moment we tasted her cakes at her home, we were sure we made the right decision. She let us try several flavors which was great because we couldn't pick just one! We had a four-tier cake with strawberry cream, chocolate, and sweet potato, and they were all delicious. Many guests went back for more slices to try them all. We picked the sweet potato flavor as our anniversary tier because it was so uniquely delicious, but you can't go wrong with any of them. Look no further than Delicate Delights for your amazingly delicious and beautiful wedding cakes--and book early (a year in advance) because her schedule fills up!

Lindsey · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious! We went with the Red Velvet, Sweet Potato (TO DIE FOR), and the strawberry! A lot of our wedding guests were going back for seconds and thirds on cake. I would highly recommend Ms. Douglass to anyone! Contact her for a tasting! You will be glad you did :)