COJ Events Reviews

24 | La Quinta, CA

24 Reviews for COJ Events

24 COJ Events Reviews

Megan · Married on 09/27/2017

We highly, highly recommend COJ Events! As soon as we saw Cathy & Dorry's website and looked at their work, we hoped we had found the right planners for us. After a phone call with Cathy, then we knew we had! We had SO much fun planning our wedding with Cathy, she took care of all of our worries (& we were all the way across the pond in the UK) and made sure our dream wedding became a reality. Which it did! Cathy and Dorry are like family to us now, and Cathy even married us, making it even more special. The whole COJ team are great and we are so glad that we made the decision to hire COJ!

COJ Events 1
    COJ Events 2
    COJ Events 3
    COJ Events 4
    COJ Events 5
    COJ Events 6
    COJ Events 7

Regin · Married on 10/22/2016

THE ABSOLUTE BEST! I really don't have enough great things to say about Cathy O'Connell, Dorry Wynham and the entire COJ Events team! My husband & I were married 1 year ago at La Quinta Resort & Club, and we really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/weekend to celebrate our union as husband and wife! I didn't start looking for a coordinator until later in our engagement since I had already secured many of my vendors, but as soon as I met with Cathy and Dorry, I knew I needed their amazing expertise to help make our wedding weekend amazing - they even created a custom package for our contract... so amazing & accommodating! The COJ team took ANY anxiety that I had about passing off some of the responsibility to them, which was no small feat, considering I had already done so much work and I am a little bit of a "control freak!" When it came time to the weekend, they honestly and truly were my saving graces... Not only did they do an incredible job of executing a flawless wedding that was far and beyond any of my expectations, but they took all of the stress that could possibly fall onto my plate throughout the weekend and took care of everything... they even gave our wedding party, family, and guests their own personal phone numbers so that if anyone had questions, the guests could contact Cathy directly so that Jonathan & I weren't bothered by any guests throughout the weekend! They worked so incredibly hard to coordinate the countless vendors and ensure that everything went off without a hitch and that my vision was executed exactly how I wanted. They also provided me with access to their internal portal that allowed us to create a layout of the ceremony, cocktail reception, and reception that was so easy to navigate, gave us a vision of the event months in advance & made the creation of the seating chart (usually super stressful) a total breeze for Jonathan and me! I could not recommend COJ Events MORE to any bride, & I feel truly blessed to have met them!

COJ Events 8
    COJ Events 16
    COJ Events 17
  • mikeoutwest

Michael · Married on 11/14/2015

Celebrations of Joy literally saved our wedding. For our destination wedding at the Frank Sinatra House in Palm Springs, we realized less than two weeks out that our DC wedding planner had dropped the ball on a number of things. Owner Cathy O'Connell connected us with her wedding wiz Debra Meadows, who not only nailed down every aspect of our event in a very short amount of time, but was always cheerful, ready, and willing. From the moment she stared to every detail of our wedding day, she not only did everything she could to take stress off our shoulders, but reminded us every time we needed it what a great day our wedding would be. If I were doing any event in Southern California again, they are the first call I would make.

Monica · Married on 11/15/2014

Cathy and Debra were wonderful to work with! They made our day much less stressful. We were able to enjoy ourselves rather than worry about wedding details!

Richard & Jason · Married on 02/15/2014

Cathy and Dorry were absolutely great. We decided to have a destination wedding in Palm Springs, CA (we live in NYC), so having someone who can be our eyes and ears there, to deal with every little thing was crucial. From our first meeting with them, we immediately connected. They really care to understand what you want on the big day. She dealt with all the vendors and took care of every little detail. They are always available, email or text or call, they would answer every question. We are so happy we worked with them, and totally recommend them for your wedding. We bonded so much that we can't wait to see them on their next trip to NYC. Thank you both, Cathy and Dorry!

Elsa · Married on 05/26/2012

Cathy and her team were highly professional, organized and FUN! It was such a pleasure working with everyone and they brought that special magic to our wedding ceremony & reception!

Kelcey · Married on 05/06/2012

Both Cathy and Dorrie were totally wonderful. Our wedding was absolutely everything that we dreamed of and more. Cathy was not only our planner but also our officiant and helped us to write the vows and readings that made our wedding totally ours alone. I would highly recommend using their services in whatever capacity you need assistance with.

Ryan · Married on 12/10/2011

It is rare that I can ever check 5 stars across the board on something like this and not be lying, but I couldn't be happier to tell the WORLD how much I love Celebrations of Joy and Cathy & Dorry! My name is Ryan and one month ago I married my husband, Graham in Palm Springs. We started planning a year prior and started working with Celebrations of Joy about 9 months before. I'll be honest.....I'm needy. I had high standards, lots of demands, complicated ideas and expensive taste....on a limited budget. My mother is even MORE complicated. I may be a man, but I can be a bit of a bridezilla and, I must say, no one could have handled me or my mother better than Cathy. Every single thing we came up with, Cathy orchestrated, organized and condutced perfectly and ABOVE my expectations. Her vendor recomendations were flawless. She got us fair prices, downright bargains, and walked us through our planning in a way that I can honestly say was one of the most exhilirating experiences of my life. I genuinely miss talking to Cathy every day and wish we could do it all over again!! (hey, that's what anniversaries are for, right?)

Now, if for whatever reason you aren't able to use Cathy & Dorry as your planners, DO NOT MISS the opportunity to have Cathy officiate your wedding. Cathy seamlessly and instinctively delivered the pefect ceremony for us, based on getting to know us, asking the right questions and then using the gift she has been God given to lift up our ceremony and incorporate our loved ones and our individual spirits and beliefs in a way that felt like a dream.

Cathy and Dorry love what they do and it shows in every moment they spend on your day. Everyone who attended our wedding compliments me on what they ALL say is the greatest wedding they've ever been to. I always thank them kindly, and know that this is because of the love and dedication we received from Cathy & Dorry and Celebrations of Joy.

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2011

The ladies at Celebrations of Joy provided me with exactly what I was looking for--a seamless, worry-free, question-less wedding day, where I was able to relax and enjoy the whole day. I got to just show up and soak it all in, thanks to them. I would definitely recommend them!

Carrie · Married on 05/07/2011

Kathy was amazing and then she brought on Olivia Prescott who was also incredible. What a great help and guidance they were for the day.

Matt · Married on 05/07/2011

Cathy and the crew at Celebrations of Joy provided us with what we thought was impossible; absolute perfect wedding planning. Our wedding was a difficult one. We had a large number of people from all over the US, each with their own issues on travel, accommodations, questions and/or involvement issues within the wedding. In addition, this was a destination wedding for all parties, so our ability to be able to be at the location was limited. Celebrations of Joy was able to do all of this without a hitch. I say this without reservations and it is worth repeating. The wedding went off without a hitch. Without Cathy and her crew, none of this would have been possible.
    I not only recommend Celebrations of Joy to anyone asking me, I ONLY recommend Celebrations of Joy.

Joan · Married on 07/10/2010

They are fun, polite, commanding and listened to my every concern. I told them exactly what I needed them to do for the event and they took care of it. They brought up all additional items I wasn't even thinking of and took care of those too. All I had to do during the day of the wedding was relax and take care of myself. No sweat and no drama. I love love love them and full heartedly recommend them!

S · Married on 10/30/2009

Cathy and Dorry made our day easy and special despite sleep deprivation (me) and much excitement (our guests). I barely even noticed them buzzing about like little bees and yet whenever I turned around, there was a tablecloth getting steamed, a place card getting set or a chair being put in its proper place. Cathy and Dorry though, are more than just a pair of professionals, they are truly wonderful women. Had I known them before this experience I would've asked them to be guests at our celebration! The warmth and care that exudes from them made our wedding day truly magical. We were in very good hands.

mimi · Married on 10/10/2009

Cathy and Dorry are just wonderful people. They are down to earth and very professional, which to me is a perfect combination. My budget was not that big and they were one of my bigger costs, apart from food and drink, but with my quick turnaround, it was definitely worth it. My only regret, which wouldn't be directed towards them as it wasn't in their contract to work with all my vendors, would be to have hired them to do more, so I wouldn't have had to deal with anything on the big day. One of the best parts of their service and that many people commented on was the officiant. Cathy did an amazing job and made everyone feel like such a part of the ceremony. It was undoubtedly one of the best parts of our wedding. You can't go wrong working with them.

Jen · Married on 08/22/2009

Cathy and Dorry are the absolute best and worth every penny! They are kind, thoughtful, sensitive, positive, creative, attentive, patient, professional, classy and constantly problem-solving. There was not a second we didn’t feel they were both working hard for our wedding to be better, more beautiful or more perfect. We wanted a secular, modern, but personal wedding and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect event.

As my new husband and I walked from table to table to thank our guests during dinner we heard rave reviews from our guests about Cathy. We had a wedding of 140 guests and we heard many times that this was the best wedding some of our guests had ever been to. Our greatest compliment was that our wedding felt just like us.

Our ceremony was meaningful and funny, there were tears and huge beaming smiles of love and support. We feel very strongly that these two wonderful women contributed more to the tone of our day than anyone else we worked with. We couldn’t possibly be happier with Cathy & Dorry and highly recommend them! Our wedding was absolutely perfect!

Jen McGowan & Philip Lott
    Colony Palms Hotel, Palm Springs, CA

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2008

My husband and I both loved working with Cathy and Dory! What a wonderful team and a great energy to have surrounding our wedding. They were incredibly organized, had great contacts for us to use, very creative, worked with our vision, helped us save some money and were happy to accommodate our last minute requests and ideas. All our vendors loved working with them as well!

Casey · Married on 05/17/2008

My husband and I enjoyed every aspect of working with Cathy and Dorry throughout our wedding planning process! They are creative, intuitive, accommodating and a joy to be around. They anticipated every detail and gave superb recommendations for every question asked. Our wedding weekend was more spectacular and meaningful than we ever could have imagined thanks to this dynamic duo, we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Pantea · Married on 02/03/2018

I absolutely LOVED working with Cathy O'Connell, Dorry Wynham, and Angela Crawford while planning my wedding this past February. I did not have much support from my family during the wedding planning process or from my bridesmaids (who all live out of the state). Cathy O'Connell and Angela were really there to hold my hand during every step of the process, including venue searches, cake and food tastings, flower arrangement and rental selections. They were also there to listen to me cry or vent about budgets and other peoples' unrealistic expectations and when I freaked out about our seemingly unending guest list. Leading up to the event, Dorry even made our welcome sign, which we still display in our living room. During the day itself, Angela made sure everything went smoothly from beginning to end.

I absolutely loved working with COJ Events and cannot recommend them highly enough. All of the ladies there really go above and beyond to help you have your perfect day, regardless of your culture or budget. They are true professionals and delightful individuals.

Thank you for helping me get through the whole process!

mimi · Married on 10/10/2009

My wedding budget was by no means extravagant and the services were a significant part of my budget, but my wedding was planned quickly and I really needed someone who would make me sure I wasn't missing anything. They were absolutely a pleasure to work with and could not have been more professional and warm. Both my husband and I, as well as most of our guests will always remember the ceremony as the best part of our wedding and this was largely in part to our absolutely wonderful officiant, Cathy O'Connell, who made all of our guests feel like they were part of the ceremony. Dorry was behind the scenes making sure everything went smoothly and keeping me calm. My only complaint, which would not be directed towards them as it was not in their contract to work with all my vendors, I would have them do even more and take more off my plate to not have to think about anything else that day!

• Diana

Diana · Married on 05/27/2012

Cathy and Dorry of Celebrations of Joy are fantastic!! They kept me calm when I was freaking out, and were always so positive. I had my own vision of what I wanted the day to look like and they helped me achieve it in everyway. I never felt like I needed to cede control of my vision, but had I wanted to, they would have stepped up immediately. They had great vendor contacts/relationships in and around the LA area too.

christy · Married on 05/07/2011

Best wedding planners every! We had a magically day all thanks to our wonderful wedding coordinators.

Karen · Married on 03/22/2009

Cathy and Dorry are great! I highly recommend their services and am very glad we had the chance not only to meet them and become acquainted with their talents, but also to get a chance to know them beyond just the vendor capacity. They are extremely helpful and considerate and really know how to pull a wedding together! Together they present a very calm, warm, beautiful day with just the right amount of no-bull-take-charge to make everything come together. We love them!!

shelle · Married on 06/23/2007

I was planning my wedding from out of town and Celebrations of Joy was very flexible to accommodate my schedule. They made the whole process unforgettable. They are very professional and at the same time care about each one of their clients wants and needs. All of my guests still tell me it was the event of a lifetime. I would recommend Cathy and Dorry to any of my friends and family they are amazing people :)

Marcus · Married on 11/04/2017

2.6
      3.0
      2.5

Based on the other reviews, we must have caught Cathy on a bad day. Paperwork consistently had errors including name misspellings and calculation errors, Cathy didn't show up to a scheduled meeting with my fiancé, and my last name was misspelled on the event signage. In addition, her event coordinator failed to pick up my 86 year mom from her room as planned.