Chef Sunshine Catering Reviews

7 Reviews for Chef Sunshine Catering

1 User photo

Chef Sunshine Catering 1

Corinne Woodey · Married on 12/29/2018

Great Service and Delicious Tastes!

Chef Sunshine was recommended to me through my wedding planner, Lori, from Elegant Affairs. The staff was extremely helpful and ran back and forth from the warming kitchen to the buffet to make sure guests had all the food options available. Chef Sunshine was extremely easy to work with and they work closely with Peninsula Party Rentals so it's really easy to get all your linens in one order with the food! The appetizer and bar service after our ceremony was great. Waiters walked around passing out delicious appetizers to my guests. They kept drinks flowing and were excellent setting up and tearing down. Tables were bused efficiently and inconspicuously (I don't even remember anyone picking up plates!). We were very pleased with the taste of the chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad, and bread. Everything was delicious! I wish I had more room in my tummy to have eaten more!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Janelle · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing and delicious! We worked with Chef Sunshine as part of our wedding in Port Gamble (who requires use of verified caterers). Their team was amazing throughout the entire process, and especially on our wedding day! We were also able to bundle in rentals and bartending service, which made our wedding planning process even easier. Sometimes wedding food can be so-so, but Chef Sunshine creates beautiful and delicious food! Cannot recommend highly enough!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

Chef Sunshine did a great job catering our wedding! The food was delicious and they were very timely and organized.

Sent on 08/30/2018

E · Married on 06/23/2018

Thank you so much for providing the delicious food and excellent service for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding. Everything was presented beautifully, and the day ran smoothly thanks to your skilled staff. Your food is so delicious, and the family style wedding service made everything arrive at the table promptly and piping hot. I wouldn't hesitate to use your service again, great job!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

They say that “you get what you pay for” and as a bride with a strict budget, I was worried that we’d end up serving our guests soup & salad. Chef Sunshine was not only able to put together a STELLAR menu within our budget, but she and her staff were able to accommodate our guests dietary needs with ease ❤️ I HIGHLY recommend Chef Sunshine Catering to any and all couples seeking a perfect catering experience.

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Chef Sunshine Catering 2

Shellsi · Married on 08/25/2018

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Great communication from the employees and were on time delivering the food to my wedding. I have to say I was happy with everything we had but the mac-n-cheese was more bread then cheeses not really like what we ate at the tasting. But still good food

Sent on 08/30/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2018

2.0
      0.5
      0.5

Provided solid food for our wedding this past September (my mom still says the majority of the apps/dishes were too salty, agree to disagree). Unfortunately, my mom and I CAN agree that the food was the only positive component of the interaction with this company and has been sadly overshadowed. This company has been so unprofessional and dismissive of my family’s reasonable concerns post event and it is frankly appalling. We had a few basic points of feedback that we wanted addressed, which included the salads not being individually plated and pre-set (the salad type was specifically chosen given options delineated by the caterer for this purpose), running out of potable water (of which we paid for), and a variety of guest service concerns including the bartender informing guests they were “running out of wine” when we had cases of wine available to be brought out. Our contact basically responded to our concerns so unprofessionally and quite tersely, with her last reply not even addressing our response to her and our concerns which had been thoughtfully (and factually) laid out. She said they “take all clients concerns seriously” and then “wished us all the best” and then, that was that. Short and not so sweet. We paid them thousands of dollars for our once in a lifetime event and she basically shut down the conversation with a sorry not sorry and “all the best” which felt a wee bit empty when it accompanied a complete lack of response to my mom’s detailing of our concerns).
    I understand that there are not a ton of options out on the peninsula. What I don't get is where the base line customer service was, let alone this “superior service” that they boast. To make matters even more astonishing neither she or Chef Patrick checked in once at the Tasting. I have 10+years of experience working in hospitality and I was so excited to work with a caterer whose reviews boasted kindness, price flexibility, and creativity—I am not sure where those traits were.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Chef Sunshine Catering's reply:

From our initial interaction, discounted services were sought out & several times the Client offered to trade “good reviews on social media and other applicable platforms” in exchange for said discounts. It was made clear that because the Client had formerly been in the Hospitality Industry, they felt they deserved free/steeply discounted services. We are a small, locally owned business & take pride in our offerings. Chef Sunshine has worked hard to create a Catering Company that offers exemplary food options & professional service, and has done so by charging appropriately for services rendered. I took great care in responding to the Clients’ concerns in their email with every effort to be as detailed as possible. The 2nd email received only further digressed into the original concerns & it was at that point that I politely reiterated that we appreciate their concerns & wished the Couple “all the best and a lifetime of happiness”. It was not an attempt to end the dialogue, rather an effort to give all parties involved the opportunity to take a step back and let the aforementioned correspondence settle. In regards to the pre-set 1st Course & their request for the salad to be plated (vs Family Style, the service option that was chosen & signed for on their Contract), we offered to accommodate their request for an additional charge. The Client stated in our meeting on 09/18 that in an effort to reduce expenses, they would have the 1st Course served Family Style but still be pre-set, and we obliged. The potable water did run out 15 minutes prior to the end of the event; we apologized and have reimbursed them in full for the potable water charge. In regards to the Wine, it was made clear that all items provided by the client needed to be onsite & accessible by our staff. It is our sincere desire to accommodate our Clients’ wishes & demands for their Event and establish clear lines of communication and respect throughout, as is highlighted by all of our other reviews.