Brett Hickman Photographers Reviews

47 | Irvine, CA

47 Reviews for Brett Hickman Photographers

47 Brett Hickman Photographers Reviews

Tami · Married on 07/21/2018

Brett was terrific to work with. We just received our wedding photos and LOVE them. Brett made us feel relaxed even though my husband hates taking photos and Brett was super accommodating to our requests. He is professional, provides guidance, and made us feel comfortable. We are so happy we went with him and he was worth every penny. We highly recommend.

Joie · Married on 04/22/2018

Not only is Brett one of the nicest people I've ever met, he is a seriously amazing photographer. All of our family and friends were completely stunned by his photos used on our save-the-date and on our website. What's really great about Brett is that he knows exactly how to make you look great not only with lighting/exposure but also when it comes to positioning. He knows every angle your arm/wrist/chin/leg should be in and he will tell you exactly how to move - this is so helpful for those of us that aren't seasoned models. I had a different shoot in New Orleans where I live (because I won it at an auction) and to put it bluntly it really showed how amazing, skilled, trained and professional Brett was in comparison. You will not get the same direction from just anyone else. He is so enjoyable to work with and he'll know how to deal with your family no matter how crazy they might be, and on top of that he's super professional which I need, respect, and love. I would give him 10 stars if I could.

Nancy · Married on 02/24/2018

Where do I even begin? Brett Hickman is an absolute legend. He was one of the first vendors we locked down--and the one photographer whose work we fell in love with instantly upon seeing his portfolio online. His lighting was on point and his compositions were beautiful. I was living in Australia up until a month prior to our wedding and my now-hubby lives in North Carolina, but Brett was more than accomodating. He was fun and informative over the phone, quick to respond to emails, and flexible in moving dates and times around for us, especially for the engagement shoot that we scheduled a week before I flew back from Aussie. He didn't want us to meet him and be behind his lens for the first time on our wedding day, and so an engagement shoot with him would help us get to know and feel comfortable with him beforehand, and vice versa. It was a brilliant idea and a blast, and it only served to further solidify our trust and confidence in him and his photography. He was light-hearted, professional, creative and punctual on our wedding day. And the photos are just INCREDIBLE. Ever since receiving them, I haven't been able to stop looking at them and re-living the day. He captured all the moments so well, and all our family and friends agree. I highly recommend Brett as your photographer. You won't regret it--in fact, you'll thank yourselves for the rest of your lives.

Brett Hickman Photographers 1
    Brett Hickman Photographers 2
    Brett Hickman Photographers 3
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 08/12/2017

Brett came highly recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! Brett is an insanely talented photographer who has a knack for finding the best locations with the most amazing lighting. In addition, he was able to capture two un-photogenic people as the best possible version of themselves. While my husband and I don't enjoy the way we look in pictures, we actually enjoyed looking through all of Brett's photos.

Throughout the day, he efficiently set up shots and gave good direction for position placement without being pushy or impatient. In addition, during the wedding party photoshoot, he noticed that we were a bit parched from the day and fetched some waters for us which I found incredibly thoughtful. Taking pictures can be awkward, but Brett made the entire experience comfortable and enjoyable. Several bridesmaids and groomsmen came up to me after the wedding to tell me how impressed they were with his interactions with the wedding party as well as the other vendors. Brett did a great job working with the videographers to make sure each person was able to get the shots they needed.

One of my favorite things about him was that he would come up and show us pictures he took which showed how passionate he is about his work. This made us trust his professional judgment and got us super excited the see the final product. Once we received all of the photos, we were blown away. There simply are no words that could adequately articulate how amazing his photos are. Every single picture contains a sort of warmth that captures our wedding day exactly as we remember it - perfect. THANK YOU BRETT!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2017

Brett and his team were so great to work with for our wedding photos! We had to reschedule our engagement shoot a few times due to my fiances work schedule changing last minute, and it was never an issue for them. Brett made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and he really pays attention to detail when directing us where to stand, where to look, etc. We got our pictures back last week and they are amazing!

Allison · Married on 07/15/2017

Brett was the perfect photographer for our wedding! Throughout the entire planning process, Brett was always available and quick to respond, which I so appreciated! Our engagement and wedding photos came back better than we could have imagined, and Brett and his team made the whole day so exciting for us. He worked seamlessly with our other vendors, which made the process even more enjoyable. We can't say enough wonderful things about Brett and the photos he takes- we absolutely loved how light and natural the photos came out, which was just the way we wanted them. Thank you, Brett, for capturing the best day of our lives so perfectly!

Katelyn · Married on 06/17/2017

You can't get a do-over when it comes to your wedding photos, so I wanted to make sure I made the best decision on which photographer to work with. I am so happy that we chose Brett Hickman Photographers. We absolutely loved our photos and our time working with Brett. He was honest, professional, and he even stepped up to make our day run smoothly when we ran into a couple snags. Thank you so much Brett!

Shelby · Married on 01/27/2017

Brett is truly one of the most gifted photographers I have had the pleasure of working with! Brett was extremely professional, responsive, and helpful throughout the entire process. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful and we have received endless compliments from friends and family. Not only is he extremely talented, but very kind and funny as well! He is intentional about making sure the couple is comfortable, relaxed, and have fun during the process. This is something we greatly appreciated! I would highly recommend Brett for both engagement and wedding photography. We were so blessed to have you! :)

Jason · Married on 10/29/2016

Brett has been incredible to work with on this journey. My fiancée found him through our wedding planner and we are so lucky to have him on our team. Our engagement photos are AMAZING! We have really enjoyed sharing them with our friends/family. We can't wait to see our photos of the big day! Brett is a must for your wedding!

Rachel · Married on 07/30/2016

Brett came highly recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, as well as our venue, and he did not disappoint. I spoke to Brett on the phone before meeting him in person on the day of my wedding. Even through the phone, Brett immediately put me at ease. When I finally met Brett in person, I felt like I had known him for a while-- he's the kind of the guy that makes you feel comfortable right off the bat. Brett could not have been easier to work with. He knew the venue incredibly well, and he checked in with my husband and me consistently throughout the night to make sure we were doing okay and getting the pictures we wanted. Brett showed us pictures as he took them to make sure we liked them. I didn't have much feedback for him because all of the pictures were absolutely stunning. My husband is a professional videographer, and he felt the same way.
    Finally, I cannot stress enough how kind Brett is. I don't mean that he is generically nice. Brett seems to care deeply about the happiness of every human around him. He was incredibly kind and respectful not just to my husband and me, but to his assistant, too. Having a photographer who radiates warmth, love, and respect sets the perfect tone for your wedding day!

Marissa · Married on 07/23/2016

We love Brett! He made the whole process comfortable and fun! My husband and I do not like to take pictures, but Brett made the whole process an exciting one!

We changed our wedding date for Brett and I am so glad, as he does amazing work! All of our guests commented on his professionalism and kindhearted attitude!

He does amazing work and I feel so lucky to have him capture the day!

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2016

I was referred to Brett by my friend who got married in the Dominican Republic. Her pictures were beautiful so I gave Brett a call. I 100% recommend Brett for a destination wedding (or for any wedding)! I was worried about the cost of a photographer for a destination wedding (I got married in Playa Del Carmen April of this year). I thought it would be very expensive to fly a photographer in and pay for hotel, etc. However, Brett’s prices for destination weddings is extremely reasonable and the quality of his work is amazing. I could not be happier with my decision. He is very responsive and he is very attentive throughout the entire process from planning to actual execution. We had 2 photographers come to Playa. The 2nd photographer was also amazing. Included in the package was a photo session the day before or after the wedding. We paid for it to be an hour long session but Brett is very accommodating and made sure we got all of the pictures we wanted (which definitely went beyond 1 hour). All of the photos came out perfectly. Brett knows what he’s doing from taking all of the pictures you want and ones that you would never even think of. He does a tremendous job of capturing all moments. You can tell he has A LOT of experience with destination weddings. When we first signed up for his services, we initially decided that we wouldn’t have Brett create our album. However, after the wedding and after seeing how amazing the pictures turned out, we changed our minds and decided to have him create our album. WE LOVE IT! His albums are beautiful. The quality of the layout as well as the actual book itself is amazing. We couldn’t be happier with Brett’s services. If we had to do it 100 times over, I would go with Brett each time.

Nicole · Married on 04/09/2016

Brett was seriously awesome to work with! When I heard that my clients hired a photographer from California for their New York wedding, I was a bit surprised but thought - he must be the best! "The Best" does not even begin to describe it - Brett was fantastic to work with, easygoing, creative in his shot setups, aware of the timelines (which is this Event Coordinator's favorite part!) and of course has such a great personality. I would love to work together again!

Christine · Married on 08/22/2015

Searching for a wedding photographer is not an easy challenge. After looking at endless online portfolios of prior weddings of other photographers, we realized one thing that they were all missing. CONSISTENCY. It wasn't until we saw Brett Hickman's work that we knew instantly we wanted to hire him to capture our wedding day! It doesn't matter if you are looking at a engagement session, wedding photos, or even family sessions that Brett has done...you get the same feeling of calmness from all of his pictures. His eye for lighting, location, and positioning shows in each and every single picture he takes. Brett is a photography genius! Upon meeting him for our first in person meeting, we knew right away what a great human being he was. He was so easy to talk to, friendly, knowledgeable, and completely put us at ease during our engagement pictures and wedding day! Another key thing to look for in a photographer is someone who can work with your family. Having your pictures taken and standing in what feels to be awkward positions is not easy (especially if you are no model) but Brett is so good at guiding you into different poses. The outcome in the pictures is simply gorgeous! Brett was such a joy to work with and we could not be happier with both our engagement session pictures and wedding day photos! We can't wait to have him photograph our family sessions in the near future.

Allison · Married on 06/20/2015

Hiring Brett as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. From the very first meeting we had with him we felt like he was the right guy. He made us feel comfortable and confident that our pictures would turn out great, even though we were not so sure (we're a little camera shy). We took our engagement photo session photos and they were BEAUTIFUL. It was so nice that Brett knew exactly what he was doing, and told us what to do every step of the way. He captured beautiful moments, and was very creative with his work. In the months coming up to the wedding we had the pleasure to coordinate with his assistant, Jennifer. She made sure that every question was answered and that they had everything they needed from us. About two weeks before the wedding Brett called and ran over everything that would happen during the wedding, and reassured me that everything would be great and that we would get pictures with my huge family done to start the reception on time. The day of the wedding went smoothly and stress free. We did not have to worry about pictures because Brett and his assistant were prepared and knew what they were doing. The BEST part about this whole process was how quickly Brett finished our wedding photos. We got married on a Saturday, and he had them ready on that Thursday! They turned out better than we could have every imagined, and we can not wait to get our books in! I HIGHLY recommend Brett; it is one of the best decisions you can make. Thank you SO much to Brett and his team for helping us relive our special day through the beautiful photos!

• Tyler & Maygen

Maygen · Married on 05/24/2015

Brett Hickman and his team have gone above and beyond for us. We just recieved our Save The Dates in the mail and we're truly thankful for the time and energy he put into every shot during our engagement shoot. We are so EXCITED to share!

He is extremely comfortable to be around and makes the process fun. We highly recommend booking him for any and every event of your lifetime. Cherish the moment he captures, they are priceless.

Thank you Brett!

www.TylerandMaygen.com

Ashley · Married on 04/10/2015

We loved working and having Brett as our photographer. He is a joy to work with from engagement photos to the actual wedding. I originally found his photos just browsing through the web and really loved how natural his photos are. He also has so much passion in what he does that it really shows through his excitement when working with you. On the day of, he is personal, he helps keep things running on time and also knows how to judge/get a feel for what the bride and groom are wanting. We had him and his assistant photographer, and they both dressed nice and knew how to be discreet throughout the event. They were so much fun to work with, we look forward to using them in the future.

Torrie · Married on 07/26/2014

Brett and his team are AMAZING. I am not/was not an easy bride to please and Brett and Nick seriously could not have been better. From the moment my husband and I decided to go with Brett we never had a doubt. From our engagement shoot (which came out with the most amazing pictures) all the way up until the last picture taken at our wedding.. Brett was fantastic. He is so friendly, professional and really knowledgeable about his work. We met Brett while living in California and when my husband and I started planning our wedding in New York we knew we had to have Brett here to photograph our big day! Brett said Yes thank goodness!! He is always available via phone or email and was always quick to respond. From our first meeting with Brett we could tell he truly loves photography and has an amazing way of making you feel so comfortable during our photos. I wish I could give him more than 5 stars because he seriously deserves so many more!! I looked around A LOT for photographers and could not be more happy with my decision to go with Brett. Even though our wedding was in New York and Brett lives in California, the distance didn't have any impact. He arrived days before our wedding (which made me breathe a little easier knowing he was here early!) and went to our locations ahead of time so once our big day was here he knew exactly where to have us stand and what lighting worked best. And from the way our photos came out.. WOW. Brett truly knows his stuff.

Kacy · Married on 05/23/2014

Brett is fun, professional, experienced, easy to get along with, polite and not Over-priced considering all this experience and expertise. His pictures are timeless, classy and consistent. Brett and his team were phenomenal! They helped us relax, have fun and really helped the day run smoothly as professional photographers. He was open and flexible to any ideas we had and my husband and I had a memorable time getting our engagement and wedding pictures taken by Brett.

Before even finding a venue, I found myself looking thoroughly through Brett’s beautiful albums. He’s shot so many weddings in Orange County and when I contacted the venue we decided on, he had an excellent reputation and relationship with the event coordinators and staff. When were confident that Brett knew exactly what he was doing and that he would maximize the time and opportunities he had on our wedding day. Not once did we worry about him working with or around many guests or with our tight itinerary. He was easy to work with, available for me whenever I had questions, and he and his team are also very organized. Phone meetings with him were not only helpful but they built excitement and anticipation for the big day!

I had also emailed a lot of friends (both male and female, older, younger, married and single) a few photographers’ blog I had been considering for my wedding. I had asked them whose photos they liked, majority of the people voted for Brett. They replied that his photos looked clean, classy, professional, valuable and beautiful. This only gave me confidence and reassurance in the decision I already knew I was going to make!

Brett, if you read this- Thank you for making our wedding day so special! We will definitely keep you in mind for future celebrations to come!

Brett was extremely professional, kind and had a great sense of humor.. which was a huge plus. He made my husband and I feel like we have known him for years which made it much easier for us to be in front of the camera. The combination of him making us feel so comfortable and his extraordinary talent made for amazing photos that we will cherish all of our lives. I am so pleased with his service from our first phone call through him delivering our final images, and I recommend him to every bride-to-be that I come across. He will definitely be the first person I call for any future events or family photos! He loves what he does and it truly shows in his work! Thank you for everything Brett!

Kathryn · Married on 12/15/2013

We are so glad that we chose Brett as our wedding photographer! Brett and his assistant Nick did an amazing job at the wedding capturing every moment of us, the ceremony, reception, family, and bridal party. Brett has a creative eye and he knew where the best spots were to shoot in good lighting. He made us feel comfortable shooting in front of the camera and always pays attention to detail. We are so happy with the wedding photos and experience we had with Brett Hickman photographers!

Matt · Married on 09/29/2013

My wife and I were blessed with the opportunity to work with multiple talented and delightful professionals, but Brett stood out as our favorite for both his incredible skill for capturing our special moments and very friendly personality.

Rewinding the clock to when we first started planning our wedding, photography was at the near top of our list. After reviewing countless websites, blogs, and social sites, we narrowed it down to four photographers. Only minutes after sending out inquires for service, Brett called me. We chatted for a few and immediately set up a time to meet. I was instantly impressed at his professionalism and eagerness to earn our business. After meeting with all the photographers, we narrowed it down to two. We both elected to go with Brett not just for his talent with the camera, but his personality. We were confident that he would be able to make us feel comfortable and naturally extract the best out of us.

Thank you Brett for being there on our special day. The images are incredible. We can’t wait to one day when our family expands to have you again capture our special moments.

- Matt & Lisa

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2013

Brett was the first photographer we had met with and as soon as we saw his work my husband and I decided to use him as our photographer. His work was amazing! Not only that but he was very down to earth and flexible. He also is easy to reach and makes sure he is available if you have any questions. We had a lot of fun working with him throughout our wedding planning process. We highly recommend Brett to anybody that is looking for a photographer that knows what he is doing and enjoys what he is doing!!!

emily · Married on 09/06/2013

Brett succeeded all my expectations I had with wedding photographers. My husband and I were comfortable from the start with Brett. With Brett's creative eye there is no need to worry on your big day because the photos will be absolutely amazing! You would be crazy to not have Brett shoot your big day! I just got my photos and relived the whole day with tears of happiness. His photos really show the love between each other, family & friends! Brett we can't thank you enough!!!!!!!

Natalie · Married on 08/23/2013

This review is long overdue, but I knew that I had to write it, as it is well deserved. My husband and I were married in August of 2013 at Laguna Presbyterian Church followed by a reception at the St. Regis Monarch Bay. Our wedding planner gave us several photographer recommendations. After contacting and interviewing just about all of them, I was confident that Brett Hickman was the best choice. He was just as professional as he was enthusiastic, and was able to connect with the vision my husband and I had for our wedding. He was an excellent listener, very organized and a genuinely lovely, affable person.

I can honestly say that, of all of our vendors (who were all fantastic, by the way) and wedding-related decisions, Brett was the best choice that we made. We had quite the multi-cultural wedding, with bridesmaids and groomsmen from England, New Zealand, Dubai… And guests from just about every corner of the world! Yet, it took Brett and his assistants no time at all to make everyone feel completely comfortable. He engaged everyone and succeeded in making mine and my husband’s post-ceremony photography session exciting and enjoyable!

He went so far above and beyond what he was hired to do. He coordinated brilliantly with the other vendors, namely our planner, stayed longer than we had asked him to on his own accord and at no extra cost, and came up with the most gorgeous, creative spots and angles for photos.

After our wedding, he was very efficient about following up, giving us a preview and having our 900-some photos ready in a timely manner, all of which were absolutely stunning. He didn’t miss a thing! Truly, we could not have hoped for better. And to this day, we still enjoy flipping through all of the amazing photos that help us relive every bit of our special day!