BellaCakes Reviews

70 | Marlborough, MA

70 Reviews for BellaCakes

70 BellaCakes Reviews

Harold · Married on 05/06/2017

As the father of the bride, I was looking for quality and value, Kristen went out of her way to make our Daughters Wedding Cake/Cupcakes Awesome ! She was so good, we have already been in contact with her about our next wedding coming up in a few months ! Kristen created a Beautiful Cupcake arrangement with a Tartis Cake for the top for 150 people ! I would strongly recommend BellaCakes to anyone looking for the perfect Wedding Cake !

Donya · Married on 11/11/2016

I have used Bellacakes on more than one occasion and I have NEVER been disappointed. The cakes are delicious wouldn't think of using any other vendor

Judy · Married on 10/28/2016

Our son and his fiancé did not want a traditional wedding cake – preferring, instead, a selection of gourmet mini-desserts for their reception guests to enjoy throughout the entire evening. Additionally, our son has a severe allergy to all nuts. As the wedding venue was unable to satisfy both of these requirements, my wife and I took on the responsibility. Kristen, at BellaCakes, had created a fantastic, beautiful, nut-free cake for a baby shower we'd hosted in the past, and we immediately contacted her for this event. From our first phone call to the last of many, many compliments on the spread we provided, we have had nothing but good feelings about the entire process. Kristen helped us with tasting samples, quantity recommendations, as well as being extremely knowledgeable when it came to packing all the desserts to arrive fresh and delicious after our eight-hour drive to the wedding. Success, success, success! BellaCakes is a shining example of a small business with a passionate goal – in this case to provide delicious, high-quality cookies, tortes, truffles, pies, cakes, ice cream and a renaissance of old-fashioned fountain drinks in a COMPLETELY NUT-FREE environment. Kristen is meticulously conscientious about cross-contamination throughout her shop. Anyone with nut allergies can visit BellaCakes and feel SAFE. Some of her offerings are additionally GLUTEN-FREE. Two weeks later, our friends are still raving about the truffles, the brownies, the chocolate truffle torte and the macaroons. Thanks, Kristen!

Andrea · Married on 10/22/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Kristen! She was very friendly, helpful and professional - I knew I could rely on her anytime I had a question or an update. After a fun cake tasting, we decided to order cupcakes for our wedding, with a small cake for my husband and I to use for the cake cutting, all at a very affordable price. We were even able to order a gluten-free cupcake for my aunt so you wouldn't have to miss out on dessert. When we shared with Kristen that we were getting married at a nearby winery, she suggested that she could bring a wine crate for what turned out to be a simple yet gorgeous display. The crowd favorite that day was the banana bread cupcake with brown sugar frosting...yum! We look forward to placing many future cupcake orders with BellaCakes.

Janet · Married on 10/02/2016

I would book them in a heartbeat. One short meeting deciding style and size of cake and cupcakes was all it took. The result was exactly what I had in mind. The presentation was great...idea of cupcakes on wine crates fit our theme. Coordination with wedding venue was seamless...BTW cakes were delicious and all gone. I would listen to advice about
    how many/much to provide.

Thomas · Married on 10/01/2016

Bella Cakes made us a stunning and delicious cake for our wedding. It was perfect!

Pamela · Married on 05/21/2016

I went to BellaCakes with a out-of-the-box wedding cake design and they did not disappoint! Kristen was amazing to work with and our cake was delicious. I would definitely recommend her to others and will be going back to BellaCakes in future.

Aimee · Married on 05/14/2016

Kristin at Bella cakes was amazing! Her creativity was fabulous and the cupcakes were excellent!

Alexi · Married on 10/16/2015

Kristen is amazing! I absolutely loved working with her. My husband and I went for 2 cake tastings. The first one was incredible.. we had no idea what it was going to be like but Kristen had everything all set up waiting for us. She sat there and took notes, writing down the flavors we liked. She is SO talented. We couldn't stop talking about her cupcakes the whole ride home.. After that tasting we were pretty much decided so we emailed her back to set up a second and final tasting to really nail down the flavors that we wanted. Kristen was so accommodating and organized. On the wedding day, she set everything up like she said she would and all we were left with were comments from our guests raving about her cupcakes. We also had a couple of GF guests and we had a dozen GF cupcakes made for them and they made sure to eat every last one that night. The compliments but our desert table seemed never-ending and I cannot thank Kristen enough for being such a big part of our day.

I already recommended a friend of mine who's getting married in the summer and I will be sure to recommend all of my friends in the future.

Thanks so much Kristen!!

Bellacakes is amazing! We got to have a tasting with more cupcakes than a person should eat in one sitting. And they all tasted so great I just had to eat it all. We used them for both my wedding shower & my wedding. All I heard from people was they were the best cupcakes & cake they had ever tasted. And the wedding cake design that Kristen made for us was so awesome , no one believed it was edible cake. And on top of all that, the prices for the amount of cake you get was better than any other place we looked at. I think anyone that needs a cake for anything should use bellacakes !

Liz · Married on 09/06/2015

Bellacakes is amazing. They provide wonderfully tasty baked goods and alternative options to a big decorated wedding cake. They flavor combinations for cupcakes is amazing and they are willing to try to create something that they don't normally offer. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Daniela · Married on 09/05/2015

Kristen was very easy to work with. The variety of cake flavors, toppings and fillings was great. She also helped us with a design for our cake. It was beautiful and delicious. We had some guests with food allergies and Kristen was able to accommodate that as well with some cupcakes. We would not hesitate to use her services again.

Kristen was responsive and helpful. But more importantly, our cake was delicious!

Brandy · Married on 07/11/2015

BellaCakes made my cupcakes for my wedding. The owner was very nice and accommodating to my needs. The cupcakes were delicious, everyone loved them! The price was also very reasonable! I will be recommending BellaCakes to everyone in the future!

BellaCakes made our cake tasting and decision making a breeze! My husband and I were torn on whether we wanted a traditional multi-tier cake or to go the cupcake route, and through some informative brainstorming with Kristen, we were able to come to an agreement that would incorporate both. I'd been in constant contact with Kristen about what we envisioned for our big day, and she was able to execute it seamlessly. She was so accommodating with all our wishes and it turned out to be even more amazing than I'd imagined. Till this day, our guests are still raving about how delicious the cupcakes at our wedding were. I highly recommend BellaCakes for ANY event!

Alex · Married on 09/13/2014

Our cake was spectacular! We had a 3-tier cake that was yellow cake with lemon curd filling and a brown sugar buttercream frosting. All of the guests loved it. We also got gluten-free cupcakes for our GF guests, in the same flavor. Her bakery was entirely nut free, and it was so nice (as a PN/TN allergic groom) to be able to just order a cake and not have to worry. The cake was amazing, and her customer service was spot on. She even accommodated me for a tasting on a day that I was going to be in town (I was flying in from AZ), even though it was a day she was already busy.

Meghan · Married on 09/06/2014

Bella Cakes was amazing! Kristen was very helpful giving us lots of choices to taste for flavor options and the prices were fairly reasonable as well. She responded to all my emails within 24 hours and the cake was beautiful and delicious on our wedding day. She also made a special grooms cake for us which came out great and everyone loved it. I will definitely recommend Bella Cakes to family and friends!

We got exactly what we were looking for! The gluten free cake was absolutely delicious!

Bella Cakes is a wonderful bakery that will suit your needs. The owner and baker, Kristen is reliable, patient and knows how to make delicious cakes and desserts. In my opinion, they are delicious, tasty but not sugary-sweet. Definitely have a tasting. You'll likely leave relieved that one more thing is checked off your list.
    Highly recommended.

brenna · Married on 08/16/2014

Kristen was so wonderful to work with. As someone with Celiac's, I purposely sought after a bakery that specializes in both gluten-free and regular cakes. For my wedding, I had a small, two-tiered, vanilla gluten-free wedding cake. In addition, we had 4 assorted non-gluten free cakes, a flourless chocolate cake, as well as cookies and brownie bites. Our dessert display was a hit! As with all gluten free desserts, I assumed the cake would be dry and grainy, but this was hardly the case! Our gf wedding cake was moist, filled with sweet berries ,and topped with a delicious and light butter-cream frosting. The chocolate Guinness cake and flourless chocolate cake were especially note-worthy. Kristen was incredibly professional and thoughtful. We are so grateful!

Marc · Married on 08/02/2014

We had researched a few different vendors that offered gluten free wedding cake options. We came across the Bellacakes website by doing a google search.

BEFORE THE WEDDING:
    When we talked to Kristen on the phone, we found her to be extremely pleasant, accommodating, and very professional.

When we met her in person at our tasting event, she was very easy-going and super patient.

She had prepared a "feast" of gluten free cakes, gluten free icing, and gluten free filling options for our tasting. Since my wife has celiac disease, our wedding cake had to be safe for her to eat and tasty.

We both came away from this tasting event convinced that we had sampled some of the best cake (GF and non-GF) that we'd ever had.

Choosing Bellacakes and Kristen was one of the best choices we made in preparation for wedding!!!

1 MONTH BEFORE THE WEDDING:
    When we were finalized the headcount with Kristen, I realized that the cakes we tried were delicious!! I went ahead and ordered an extra cake for the "day after" brunch.

Kristen was (again) very flexible and was able to modify our order.

WEDDING DAY:
    Kristen delivered the cake on time. She set up the display beautifully!!! The decorations were very elaborate and intricate!

She came to find me to let me know that she had placed my extra cake in the venue's fridge for safe-keeping. NOTHING BUT EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE, FROM START TO FINISH!!!

And the wedding cake did not disappoint!!

Our guests found the cake yummy and delicious! No one even knew or suspected they were eating a gluten free cake. THAT'S HOW GOOD IT WAS!!!!

DAY-AFTER BRUNCH:
    when we offered our guests some more cake the following day, everyone again commented on how good the 2nd cake was.

Bellacakes and Kristen offer an exceptional product and service that caters to the celiac and gluten free crowd.

My wife and I are very proud to have had Bellacakes as part of our wedding. We highly recommend her!

If you are looking for cupcakes Bella Cakes is the only place to look! Kristen did a fantastic job.... three different kinds of cupcakes plus the small cake for us to cut on top. Each one was delicious, reasonably priced, seamless to coordinate and got rave reviews from all our guests. Bella Cakes went way over our expectations. Cheaper than the competitors but much tastier and very easy to work with. Delivery was like magic....we didn't see her, they just showed up and were where they needed to be when we needed them! If you are looking for cupcakes you don't need to look anywhere other than Bella Cakes!

I used Bella Cakes for my wedding and we went with 4 different flavors of cupcakes, a small two tier cake, and blondies and brownies! Still hearing about how delicious those blondies and brownies were from guests! Everything was both beautiful and delicious- and very reasonably priced! Kristen was very professional and accommodating during our planning process.

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2013

Absolutely delicious!! First off, the tasting was great. The store was closed for us, and Kristen baked six different cupcakes and had a number of different fillings to try them with. We chose three flavors--two for cupcakes and one for cake. When Kristen found out we were incorporating art deco designs in the printed materials for our wedding, she offered to design a three tier custom art deco cake. It was amazing! So beautiful and unique. I highly recommend working with Bellacakes.

Nathan · Married on 09/22/2013

Kristen Livoti, the owner/operator of BellaCakes, was excellent to work with from the moment we walked in for our tasting. Aside from enjoying the cakes at the tasting, Kristen was great about putting something together that would fit the theme of our wedding. Our wedding cake and the groom's cake (a 3-dimensional VW Beetle) were a hit at the wedding and people raved about the appearance and taste of both!

I look forward to having a reason to get a cake made by BellaCakes in the future!