AlexK Event Planning Reviews

5 | Lawrenceville, GA

5 Reviews for AlexK Event Planning

Cherlyn · Married on 08/18/2012

Everything when off without a hitch because of Kimberly! She was a great asset on the day of my wedding.

Sent on 08/28/2012
  • LAKESHA

LAKESHA · Married on 05/26/2012

AlexK Event Planning did an EXCELLENT job in coordinating my wedding. My wedding was on 5/26/2012. My wedding took place at St Marlo Country club. Kimberly and her excellent staff printed and put togething all of my programs, decorated the facilities, ensured photos were taken. She even created a timeline for the day, ensured my wedding party and vendors had a copy. With her help we were actually ahead of schedule (which is what I wanted). At the reception (located at a different location), everything went GREAT. My guests were fed in order and in proper timing, she worked with the caterer to ensure that food was ready and served. Kimberly did an excellent job in controlling those family members who like to take over in a professional manner, which is always a challenge. She quickly responded to any issues that may have arose. She and her staff's quality was excellent and very professional, she was flexiable (when I forgot something, she fixed it instead of becoming frustrated), and the value of their service can not be expressed in words or in monetary value on such an important day. Everyone (including my family members who complain about everything) said what an excellent job Kimberly and her staff did. At the end of the night I did not have to worry about anything but having fun. I would recommend Kimberly without a second thought. I would use her services again and will personally campaign for her services for anyone else. Poor planning (or cutting corners) on the brides part will cause a poor wedding. I did everything (decorcations, centerpieces, etc to cut costs) myself (with Kimberly's help) and my wedding was a HUGE success with her planning. Please use her!!

Sent on 05/30/2012
  •  Val

Val · Married on 10/24/2010

K & B did a great job working as day of coordination for my wedding. I was less than 30 days from my wedding when my hired day of coordinator bailed on me. I found K and B and meet up Kim immediately. She was professional and willing to hear all aspects of the wedding. All the planning was already done, I just need her to run the show on wedding day.
    Kim meet up with me at the venue and we walked through the whole wedding and everything I was going to need done. She also meet up with me again to finalize details and to make sure we were both on the same page. She came prepared with questions and an understanding of what I needed. She ran the rehearsal professionally and organized. During this time I realized she was going to do a great job.
    On wedding day I was completely at ease. If I needed something I'd ask a K & B worker and it was done before I could finish my sentence. I had a laundry list of decorating and tasks all day for K & B, and everything went off without a hitch. They kept me calm and I knew they had everything under control. I can only say nice things about this team, they are new and had never done a wedding before, but after the wedding I would have thought they'd done hundreds. They did an amazing job, and were on top of every aspect.
    I highly recommend K & B for any event. Obviously no tasks is to big since they stepped in to control a wedding of 130 people in less than 30 days out. I would be eager to talk to anyone looking to hirer K & B, and put there mind at ease for hiring this wonderful up and coming company. email nicksfirstwife@gmail.com Great job K & B!............ Val Torres"

Sent on 11/24/2010

Kelechi · Married on 10/09/2011

Starting 3 months out, she was there every step of the way. We had several meetings to discuss what needed to be done on the day of and reviewed things with the venue prior to the wedding day.

The day before the wedding she helped to coordinate the wedding rehearsal and the setup of the reception.

On the day of the wedding she was extremely instrumental in keeping everything organized. Being that this was her first Nigerian wedding, I told her that things could get REALLY crazy but she kept things in order even when things went a-rye with my caterer and didn't miss a beat.

I was so grateful to her being there and keeping everything together that I don't know what I would have done without her. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 12/21/2011

Myshai · Married on 09/17/2011

0.0

Hiring AlexK Event Planning was the WORST decision I made while planning my nuptials! I was highly disappointed with her skills and abilities as a planner/coordinator! Her duties were outlined for her from the very beginning and what was expected of her...she was unprepared, short with my guests, clueless, and uncoordinated herself. I had many guests come to me after the wedding to inform me that she did NOT do a good job!!! If my guests witnessed this, that says alot about her skills, or the lack thereof!!! I would never recommend her services to anyone! Wedding planner is not her forte!

Sent on 05/24/2012

AlexK Event Planning's reply:

It really saddens me that a client can go through such lengths to drag my company's name through the mud. However, I am using this as a learning experience. Since the wedding mentioned in this review, I have been using that experience as an example to other couples planning their wedding what not to do. For example, Myshai used her mother and law as her caterer and also had her apart of the wedding. This created a conflict because her mother and law could not be in 2 places at once. Also, her mother and law didn't have a caterer's license and didn't come equipped with servers. Because Myshai was trying to cut corners in her wedding, she created her own terrible experience. It really baffles me the lengths she is going through especially since I am consistently booking weddings even some brides that received my card during her wedding. So, I must have done a better job than she is letting on. I even have a wedding this upcoming weekend, 2 in July, and 1 in August booked so far.

In the end, I got paid for the work completed.