602 N. 29th Street, Richmond, VA 23223 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 15
  • Pricing

About The Hive Wedding Collective

(Formerly known as Wood Grain & Lace Events, we refreshed our name and brand in March 2018)

Over 180+ weddings planned, let our experience help you enjoy your friends and family. We specialize in event design, logistics and seamless planning with your vendors to ensure your wedding is enjoyable!

It is your job to host the event and give your best to your new partner, your friends and your family. It's our job to setup, break down, enforce the timeline and deal with the cake that fell in the van on the way to the reception.

Pick three things that you want your guests to be talking about at brunch the day after the wedding and spend your money on those things. The rest doesn't matter. Do you remember the chairs or the tchotchkes at the last 4 weddings you attended? Probably not.

A glass of wine or a strong cup of coffee can fix most problems.

No matter what happens, we've got your back. Drunk uncle? Crazy mother-in-law? Divorced parents? We've met them all. Don't worry.

This is just one day. You have the rest of your lives together. Let's have some fun with this!

Follow The Hive Wedding Collective on

The Hive Wedding Collective 6
The Hive Wedding Collective 7
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 08/03/2019

The Hive Collective hit it out of the park!

A lot of people talk about how stressful planning a wedding can be, but I honestly could never really relate! I attribute this relative sense of calm to working with Heather and the Hive Collective.

Simply put, Heather's organizational skills, sense of composure, and creative vision made for what felt like a dream wedding.

She assembled an exquisite team--from the caterers to the DJ--who collaborated to put on a ceremony and reception that felt just right and true to me and my now-husband. Throughout the planning process, it was clear how much the various vendors respect and admire her professionalism.

Of course, when you're having an outdoor wedding you're taking a risk. Luckily for us, it was a spectacular day with perfect weather. Having said that, Heather always had a proactive back-up plan and was one step ahead of us. Even if there were a monsoon, I'm sure that she would have made that an amazing event, too.

Throughout the evening, Heather's steady presence was such a comfort. Her lovely assistant Noelle inspired so much confidence, too. I never had to worry about logistics because I trusted everything would go well--and it did!

But enough from me. I am happy to quote others on Heather's brilliance:

- When I arrived at the wedding venue on the big day, the manager told me, "When I see Heather's name on the schedule, I always breathe a sigh of relief and know it's going to be an amazing event."

- After the last dance of the reception, one guest ran up to me and said, "Your wedding planner is amazing! My shoe broke and she lent me hers!"

- The day after the wedding, my dad said it best: "Heather hit it out of the park!"

Be kind to yourself so you can enjoy your big day and focus on the important things, like family, friends, and love: go with Hive Collective!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/19/2019

Ciera made our wedding day the most meaningful!

Ciera was an absolute gem and dream come true! She was our 90-Day Coordinator, and we knew we were in great hands the entire time—she is truly an expert in her field. She handled everything with careful attention, ease, and kept us laughing the whole way through! Ciera kept the rehearsal on a tight and organized schedule, and her timeline for the wedding day was incredibly thorough. She was great to collaborate with and provided such crucial insight on run of show for ceremony and reception—she was a guiding light for sure.

On our wedding day, Ciera and her assistant Noelle were so organized and provided such a calming presence for us. Whenever we felt like we needed a drink for a toast or just to have fun, we turned around and they were right there with drinks at the ready! Not once did we feel lost or confused about what we were supposed to do next, we felt guided and flexible to do our own thing at the same time—it was truly the perfect balance. Throughout the whole process, Ciera was extremely responsive and kept us moving right along when we were trying to make final decisions.

On a personal note, Ciera's personality and warmth were what made our experience so much more meaningful. She's the type of person we want to keep in touch with. We highly recommend Ciera and The Hive Wedding Collective!!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Krysten

Krysten Reid · Married on 07/05/2019

Enchanted Garden Wedding

I can't really say enough good things about Noelle. She was INCREDIBLE and the day wouldn't of gone so perfectly without her. I planned the wedding but was so worried about the day of logistics and coordination that super last minute I decided to turn to the pros. Noelle was flexible, accommodating, thorough, thoughtful, sweet and the best wedding decision we made. The ceremony site was beautiful and her coordination created a fairytale day. THANK YOU Noelle & The Hive - we are so grateful.

Sent on 07/16/2019

• What is the hourly rate? $ 100.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

• BRIDEface Richmond
    BRIDEface Richmond Wedding Hair & Makeup

The Hive Wedding Collective is simply one of the best groups you could ever want to work with on your wedding day. We have done numerous weddings with this group and every single one of them have gone smoothly and the brides could not say better things about them. They listen to what your vision is and help it come to life no matter what your thoughts are. If you want peace of mind that your wedding day will be amazing, start with The Hive!!!

• Cam DiNunzio
    Cam DiNunzio Wedding DJs

I have worked with the Hive Collective for many years now, not only as a vendor but also as a client! I cannot think of a more competent group of wedding planners. Not only do they cover all bases, attend to every detail, and communicate clear and timely instructions, but they can handle any last minute change or adjustment with greatest of ease. Additionally, I find that the other vendors they bring on board for any given event are similarly smart, capable, and effortlessly easy to work with. Everyone knows their role and executes it flawlessly. I am so happy to be a part of their regularly called-upon family!

• Fantasia Sound Disc Jockeys
    Fantasia Sound Disc Jockeys Wedding DJs

Wood Grain & Lace Events has fantastic planners and day of coordinators to take care of you and your special day! Give them and call and see how they can make your wedding vision a reality!

• 602 N. 29th Street Richmond, 23223 See on map