(Formerly known as Wood Grain & Lace Events, we refreshed our name and brand in March 2018)
Over 180+ weddings planned, let our experience help you enjoy your friends and family. We specialize in event design, logistics and seamless planning with your vendors to ensure your wedding is enjoyable!
It is your job to host the event and give your best to your new partner, your friends and your family. It's our job to setup, break down, enforce the timeline and deal with the cake that fell in the van on the way to the reception.
Pick three things that you want your guests to be talking about at brunch the day after the wedding and spend your money on those things. The rest doesn't matter. Do you remember the chairs or the tchotchkes at the last 4 weddings you attended? Probably not.
A glass of wine or a strong cup of coffee can fix most problems.
No matter what happens, we've got your back. Drunk uncle? Crazy mother-in-law? Divorced parents? We've met them all. Don't worry.
This is just one day. You have the rest of your lives together. Let's have some fun with this!
Other couples have also viewed:
111 Reviews for The Hive Wedding Collective
Recommended by 100% of couples
49 User photos
Genevieve · Getting married on 09/19/2020
Heather is simply incredible
We booked Heather at the Hive for a full wedding planning package (without venue scouting) in March 2019 for a wedding originally planned for September 2020. Every step of the way, Heather has proven that hiring her was the smartest financial decision we have made in the wedding planning process. Although the full list is much longer, here are a couple of the ways Heather has impressed as our wedding planner:Sent on 06/07/2020
1. In this uncertain and scary time where the wedding industry is being hit hard by coronavirus, she remained professional and unwaveringly supportive of helping us build a new plan for our wedding. She took time out of her weekend to help us advocate for ourselves in a tense negotiation with our venue, and stayed professional and calm when this venue became irrational and manipulative. The emotional support she has given us and her countless other couples is not an obligation, but evidence of the strength and beauty of her character.
2. She is organized and detail-oriented. I am definitely on the OCD-spectrum, therefore my standards for meeting this criterion are high. To say that Heather meets them is a true testament to her as a skilled professional.
3.. She is comfortable coordinating a variety of styles and looks for your wedding, and will work with YOUR style and vision to bring it to life. Heather's planning portfolio is extremely diverse from all perspectives, but it is especially impressive that she can work with a variety of styles from industrial chic to modern minimalist flawlessly.
4. Perhaps most importantly, she is a kind, caring, and fun human being. In working with her for a year and a half, she has gone out of her way countless times to take stress of our plates, even before the current pandemic situation. But she is also so much fun to work with! We always have a great time chatting with her in our planning meetings.
5. She remains calm, even when staying calm feels literally impossible. I honestly don't know how she does this. She is superhuman. But it is such a wonderful quality in a wedding planner.
6. Every vendor she has recommended has been an abosolute joy to work with. Having a curated list of vetted professionals is a must-have when the tense current circumstances are exposing the true colors of many. We elected to chose our venue on our own and not include venue scouting in our package with Heather, but I know that IF we did include venue scouting with Heather, she would have identified the red flags with our chosen venue and recommended elsewhere. Just a note to potential future clients of the Hive: add venue scouting into your package to make sure you are utilizing the full knowledge of your planner!
Kelli Lewis · Getting married on 09/12/2020
Heather Clarke Kemmen from The Hive Wedding Collective was an incredible wedding Asset!
Heather Clarke Kemmen from the Hive Wedding Collective was an incredible asset to our family leading up to our daughter's wedding. She started off by introducing us to Aisle Planner, which is a software which made our planning much easier. Heather was ALWAYS easy to get in touch with and highly responsive. She helped me think through every detail beforehand so that when the wedding day came, we were not surprised, but prepared. She also took care of signage for me right before the wedding, something for which I was super grateful. She has a very "can do" attitude and was able to manage, in a calm and collected manner, the multitude of details that arise when coordinating a large wedding. She corresponded with all our our vendors and gave them very good and specific information ahead of time, so that everyone was well-informed and knew to call her if there was any emergency. Heather was gracious and gentle while being clear and direct.
She ran our rehearsal on Friday night and made it seems simple and clear. On the day of the wedding, she arranged for flowers from the reception and our other personal items to be returned at the end of the night to our home. Without being asked, she had one of her assistants make an extra trip to purchase false eyelash glue because of a conversation she overheard:). She made an extra trip to our home to deliver back some envelopes filled with tip money that I had mistakenly given her at the rehearsal. She made sure that my husband and I, and the groom's parents, were informed about the events of the reception in a timely manner so we didn't miss a thing! Heather was well worth the expense of having a 90-day coordinator and if she's still in the business when our younger daughter gets married, we will, hands down, call upon her again!Sent on 01/18/2020
Jill Davenport · Married on 07/01/2020
Simply a miracle worker!
There are not enough complimentary words to describe Heather Clarke at the Hive Collective. I hired her for partial planning and she not only planned a beautiful wedding for 100, she then “unplanned” the beautiful wedding due to Covid-19, and pulled together an impromptu private elopement ceremony with less than two weeks notice. In what was an extremely stressful and uncertain time, her disposition was always calm, supportive, and understanding. The wedding planning industry was charting unprecedented waters but she was empathetic, resourceful and client-focused and I never sensed any stress on her end as she navigated all the communication and contract negotiations related to cancelling our event. She was a true partner and friend to me and I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for wedding or event planning. I look forward to working with Heather again at a future date in 2021!Sent on 07/18/2020
The Hive Wedding Collective Price Rates
The Hive Wedding Collective is simply one of the best groups you could ever want to work with on your wedding day. We have done numerous weddings with this group and every single one of them have gone smoothly and the brides could not say better things about them. They listen to what your vision is and help it come to life no matter what your thoughts are. If you want peace of mind that your wedding day will be amazing, start with The Hive!!!
I have worked with the Hive Collective for many years now, not only as a vendor but also as a client! I cannot think of a more competent group of wedding planners. Not only do they cover all bases, attend to every detail, and communicate clear and timely instructions, but they can handle any last minute change or adjustment with greatest of ease. Additionally, I find that the other vendors they bring on board for any given event are similarly smart, capable, and effortlessly easy to work with. Everyone knows their role and executes it flawlessly. I am so happy to be a part of their regularly called-upon family!
Wood Grain & Lace Events has fantastic planners and day of coordinators to take care of you and your special day! Give them and call and see how they can make your wedding vision a reality!