602 N. 29th Street, Richmond, VA 23223 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Pricing

About The Hive Wedding Collective

(Formerly known as Wood Grain & Lace Events, we refreshed our name and brand in March 2018)

Over 180+ weddings planned, let our experience help you enjoy your friends and family. We specialize in event design, logistics and seamless planning with your vendors to ensure your wedding is enjoyable!

It is your job to host the event and give your best to your new partner, your friends and your family. It's our job to setup, break down, enforce the timeline and deal with the cake that fell in the van on the way to the reception.

Pick three things that you want your guests to be talking about at brunch the day after the wedding and spend your money on those things. The rest doesn't matter. Do you remember the chairs or the tchotchkes at the last 4 weddings you attended? Probably not.

A glass of wine or a strong cup of coffee can fix most problems.

No matter what happens, we've got your back. Drunk uncle? Crazy mother-in-law? Divorced parents? We've met them all. Don't worry.

This is just one day. You have the rest of your lives together. Let's have some fun with this!

Follow The Hive Wedding Collective on

The Hive Wedding Collective 4
The Hive Wedding Collective 5
  • Jessica

Jessica Erwin · Married on 10/12/2019

A wedding gift to yourself.

If you're on the fence about a planner, hop off right now and call The Hive! If you need a little more convincing, keep reading...

We heard it so many times (for real, a lot). Be present. You’ve been planning for months but—no matter what—things will not go 100% according to your plan. So just be in the moments. By the end of our wedding day, albeit a broken record, it was truly sound advice. But if you want someone that will actually handle anything that does go awry and work her hardest to bring your vision to life, have Lindsay Woodard be a part of your day.

Reaching out to The Hive and meeting Lindsay was a wedding plan game-changer. From our first meeting she took time to really listen and understand what was most important to us. We wanted something nontraditional and laidback. Being a woman with experience, she knew it would take work to look chill. Right away she helped us think through all the details to make sure our guests wouldn’t be lost. During our site visit she helped us design a layout to support the free flowing vibe we wanted. She stayed in contact with our vendors and worked on the day's timeline, becoming our day's advocate and always putting our vision first. She took time to notice the small details and by our wedding day, we knew we could trust her 100% to bring the day to life better than we imagined. And she did!

Seriously, we cannot imagine the day without her and The Hive's support. One of my favorite parts was walking the space and seeing all of Lindsay's loving touches, from twinkle lights to table designs. When stress started to get in the way of us enjoying the moments, I'd look to Lindsay for reassurance. She handled everything with grace, kindness, and a her wonderful humor. We cannot thank her enough and no words can express how much we appreciate her support.

We reached out to The Hive because these ladies have a bad ass reputation. They absolutely do not disappoint!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Jasmine Estep · Married on 10/12/2019

Ciera is the Best!

When I set out to plan our wedding I was going about it in a DIY sense. I was going to pick everything out and do it all for a modest budget. I got as far as venue before they told me they required a wedding planner. And honestly I was bummed. This was not a line item in my budget but I knew I had to make it work because we really loved the space. Luckily for us the venue gave us a like of 3-4 planners that they have worked with in the past, including The Hive. I ended up checking out each companies website and social media pages but I was just unsure. I ended up posting on a status on facebook that I was looking for a wedding planner. Several of my friends recommended The Hive. I felt reassured from personal friends enough to reach out.

I swear it was like almost immediately after I reached out ,I got an email response from Ciera asking us to come in for a consultant. I say we hit it off immediately! Ciera was so upbeat and her energy just sat well with both of us that we agreed to go with The Hive. We ended up selecting the 90 wrap up package. It was within budget for us and allowed me to still have that control over things that I wanted. Ciera was honest and straightforward with budget overview, prices ranges on ideas we had, and she overall knew our venue space and what needed to take place for a successful event there.

Ciera kept me in line! And I needed that. I would get overwhelmed with things and just set them aside. And she would hit me up with her check lists and then I knew I had to hop to it. Ciera filled in when my husband was not able to make tasting. On my wedding day Ciera, her assistant, and the catering team made the venue look amazing. What was shocking is I do think that I ever explicitly told her how I wanted things set up. I was extremely happy. Throughout the night she made sure my cup of blue drink was full and that we were taken care of fully. I would recommend Ciera for anyone looking for a wedding planner. I wish I had another event for her to assist me with. I will just stick to me trying to be her friend in real life lol.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hunley Green · Married on 09/28/2019

The Hive is the best of the best

We purchased the full planning package from Hive, with Christine Greenberg as our planner. She is literally the reason why our wedding happened. Without her, it wouldn't have been possible. I certainly couldn't have pulled off something like this on my own. Planning a wedding in a different state with vendors I didn't know (we live in NYC, my husband is from Richmond) seemed daunting and would have been impossible without Christine. She is organized, professional, and the best of the best in terms of wedding planners. Her relationships with top notch vendors in the area made it super easy to find our vendors (and that Hive discount wasn't bad either!). She knew exactly our vibe within minutes of meeting me. Throughout the entire year of planning, I knew that she had our back and would have everything handled. She nailed it. Hiring the Hive is the BEST thing you can do for yourself in terms of wedding planning. Hands down.

The Hive Wedding Collective 6
    The Hive Wedding Collective 7
    The Hive Wedding Collective 8
    Sent on 11/11/2019

The Hive Wedding Collective Pricing

The Hive Wedding Collective Price Rates

The Hive Wedding Collective FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1800.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3000
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 4500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 100.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• BRIDEface Richmond
    BRIDEface Richmond Wedding Hair & Makeup

The Hive Wedding Collective is simply one of the best groups you could ever want to work with on your wedding day. We have done numerous weddings with this group and every single one of them have gone smoothly and the brides could not say better things about them. They listen to what your vision is and help it come to life no matter what your thoughts are. If you want peace of mind that your wedding day will be amazing, start with The Hive!!!

• Cam DiNunzio
    Cam DiNunzio Wedding DJs

I have worked with the Hive Collective for many years now, not only as a vendor but also as a client! I cannot think of a more competent group of wedding planners. Not only do they cover all bases, attend to every detail, and communicate clear and timely instructions, but they can handle any last minute change or adjustment with greatest of ease. Additionally, I find that the other vendors they bring on board for any given event are similarly smart, capable, and effortlessly easy to work with. Everyone knows their role and executes it flawlessly. I am so happy to be a part of their regularly called-upon family!

• Fantasia Sound Disc Jockeys
    Fantasia Sound Disc Jockeys Wedding DJs

Wood Grain & Lace Events has fantastic planners and day of coordinators to take care of you and your special day! Give them and call and see how they can make your wedding vision a reality!

• 602 N. 29th Street Richmond, 23223 See on map