The Hive Wedding Collective Reviews

117 | Richmond, VA

117 Reviews for The Hive Wedding Collective

• Rebecca

Rebecca L. · Married on 05/01/2021

The Best of the Best. Hire them now!

I remember my first meeting with Christine over the phone and telling her how I was type A so I thought I could handle planning my wedding on my own. Through that conversation I realized how amazing she was and the next day we booked The Hive to help plan the wedding. Christine was a savior throughout the whole process. She says that she is a wedding planner, a therapist, a COVID restriction guru......well she is that and so so much more! I was having difficulty getting some vendors to contact me back and with COVID I knew I needed to act quickly. Within a week of hiring Christine she was able to secure my hair and make up, a DJ, and a videographer. Throughout the process of dealing with COVID restrictions and my venue, Christine was always professional but also my advocate. (My venue was being difficult with a few things). She made my dreams come true and I am so grateful for this. I was able to meet a few of the other wonderful ladies from The Hive the day of my wedding and although I don't know everything that went on behind the scenes I know that the day looked flawless to me and it is because of them! To anyone who is considering or is unsure if they need a wedding planner, contact The Hive and have the initial meeting. You will not be sorry! The investment is so worth it and I did not feel stressed at all the day of my wedding! Also, if I have learned anything throughout this process, a wedding coordinator provided by your venue is NOT THE SAME as a wedding planner! Love all of these ladies and I would hire them over and over again!

Sent on 06/13/2021
  • Jia

Jia Z. · Married on 10/24/2020

Absolutely Recommend!

Heather was wonderful to work with! She is organized, communicative, and had us in our best interest every step of the way. We worked with her as our coordinator and she provided so much value even before our official timing started. She had great recommendations and insights on vendors I was considering and helped immensely with the ongoing list of wedding questions that popped up throughout planning. My husband and I spent a lot of time discussing how best to adjust our wedding plans amid COVID, and when we consulted with Heather on our changes she was right on board and gave us peace of mind in moving forward with what was best for our guests. Our wedding day turned out to be a dream, and if we were to do it all over again I would definitely want to do so with The Hive!

Sent on 02/09/2021
  • Hannah

Hannah O. · Married on 10/17/2020

Highly recommend

My husband and I hired Heather from the Hive Wedding Collective feeling very overwhelmed with all the tasks we had to complete. As soon as we met Heather we were at ease. She helped us navigate contracts, gave us great contacts when others fell through, and expertly coordinated our wedding day. We did not have to worry about anything because Heather was making sure it all looked like our vision. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. I truly cannot say enough positive things about our experience.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Natalie · Married on 10/03/2020

The best of the best!

Heather was such an invaluable part of our day. Her attention to detail is next level - we were confident things were going to be taken care of if they were in her hands. She has this calmness and confidence about her and approaches every obstacle with a 'no biggie' attitude, which is exactly what all couples need during the stresses of planning. Our family and friends raved about her and echoed all of our thoughts. I could go on and on, but we cannot thank Heather and The Hive enough for making our day just perfect!

Sent on 11/16/2020

Genevieve · Married on 09/19/2020

Heather is simply incredible

We booked Heather at the Hive for a full wedding planning package (without venue scouting) in March 2019 for a wedding originally planned for September 2020. Every step of the way, Heather has proven that hiring her was the smartest financial decision we have made in the wedding planning process. Although the full list is much longer, here are a couple of the ways Heather has impressed as our wedding planner:
    1. In this uncertain and scary time where the wedding industry is being hit hard by coronavirus, she remained professional and unwaveringly supportive of helping us build a new plan for our wedding. She took time out of her weekend to help us advocate for ourselves in a tense negotiation with our venue, and stayed professional and calm when this venue became irrational and manipulative. The emotional support she has given us and her countless other couples is not an obligation, but evidence of the strength and beauty of her character.
    2. She is organized and detail-oriented. I am definitely on the OCD-spectrum, therefore my standards for meeting this criterion are high. To say that Heather meets them is a true testament to her as a skilled professional.
    3.. She is comfortable coordinating a variety of styles and looks for your wedding, and will work with YOUR style and vision to bring it to life. Heather's planning portfolio is extremely diverse from all perspectives, but it is especially impressive that she can work with a variety of styles from industrial chic to modern minimalist flawlessly.
    4. Perhaps most importantly, she is a kind, caring, and fun human being. In working with her for a year and a half, she has gone out of her way countless times to take stress of our plates, even before the current pandemic situation. But she is also so much fun to work with! We always have a great time chatting with her in our planning meetings.
    5. She remains calm, even when staying calm feels literally impossible. I honestly don't know how she does this. She is superhuman. But it is such a wonderful quality in a wedding planner.
    6. Every vendor she has recommended has been an abosolute joy to work with. Having a curated list of vetted professionals is a must-have when the tense current circumstances are exposing the true colors of many. We elected to chose our venue on our own and not include venue scouting in our package with Heather, but I know that IF we did include venue scouting with Heather, she would have identified the red flags with our chosen venue and recommended elsewhere. Just a note to potential future clients of the Hive: add venue scouting into your package to make sure you are utilizing the full knowledge of your planner!

Sent on 06/07/2020
  • Kelli

Kelli L. · Married on 09/12/2020

Heather Clarke Kemmen from The Hive Wedding Collective was an incredible wedding Asset!

Heather Clarke Kemmen from the Hive Wedding Collective was an incredible asset to our family leading up to our daughter's wedding. She started off by introducing us to Aisle Planner, which is a software which made our planning much easier. Heather was ALWAYS easy to get in touch with and highly responsive. She helped me think through every detail beforehand so that when the wedding day came, we were not surprised, but prepared. She also took care of signage for me right before the wedding, something for which I was super grateful. She has a very "can do" attitude and was able to manage, in a calm and collected manner, the multitude of details that arise when coordinating a large wedding. She corresponded with all our our vendors and gave them very good and specific information ahead of time, so that everyone was well-informed and knew to call her if there was any emergency. Heather was gracious and gentle while being clear and direct.

She ran our rehearsal on Friday night and made it seems simple and clear. On the day of the wedding, she arranged for flowers from the reception and our other personal items to be returned at the end of the night to our home. Without being asked, she had one of her assistants make an extra trip to purchase false eyelash glue because of a conversation she overheard:). She made an extra trip to our home to deliver back some envelopes filled with tip money that I had mistakenly given her at the rehearsal. She made sure that my husband and I, and the groom's parents, were informed about the events of the reception in a timely manner so we didn't miss a thing! Heather was well worth the expense of having a 90-day coordinator and if she's still in the business when our younger daughter gets married, we will, hands down, call upon her again!

Sent on 01/18/2020

Jill D. · Married on 07/01/2020

Simply a miracle worker!

There are not enough complimentary words to describe Heather Clarke at the Hive Collective. I hired her for partial planning and she not only planned a beautiful wedding for 100, she then “unplanned” the beautiful wedding due to Covid-19, and pulled together an impromptu private elopement ceremony with less than two weeks notice. In what was an extremely stressful and uncertain time, her disposition was always calm, supportive, and understanding. The wedding planning industry was charting unprecedented waters but she was empathetic, resourceful and client-focused and I never sensed any stress on her end as she navigated all the communication and contract negotiations related to cancelling our event. She was a true partner and friend to me and I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for wedding or event planning. I look forward to working with Heather again at a future date in 2021!

Sent on 07/18/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen D. · Married on 05/09/2020

Personable and Professional

We hired Heather as our 90 day coordinator, and could not have had a more pleasant experience with her! From the moment I met her she was very personable and professional. Once the pandemic hit she did everything she could to make sure our minds were at ease and helped us postpone. She was calm and collected as we navigated the new normal. I highly recommend her for any event (big or small).

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Katy

Katy R. · Married on 05/02/2020

Lindsay Woodard is a brides dream!

We are thrilled we hired Lindsay through the Hive Wedding Collective. They have been responsive, flexible, and a joy to work with! We had a short engagement and then the experience of dealing with the current pandemic and with Lindsays help our experience has still been positive and joyful.

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Amy

Amy H. · Married on 04/25/2020

Perfect wedding day

I thought I could plan and execute a wedding with mostly just help on the day of the wedding but COVID had other plans. After postponing our wedding initially in April 2020, I decided I needed help and support to navigate the wedding world during COVID. I met with Christine, and her attention to detail and attentiveness was beyond impressive. I left the first meeting worn out from the questions but thankful to have her to help!!! And then the investment continued to pay off leaps and bounds as things constantly changed, shifted, and morphed including a complete venue change 1 month out from the wedding! So going from just coordinating my work to completely planning a new event in about 2 weeks, Christine KILLED IT! I could not have done it without her!!! She made everything perfect from the new venue to food to music to decorations and beyond. Our guests couldn't stop commenting that this didn't seem like a second choice/completely replanned event! It truly was perfect, and I'm beyond grateful to have hired Christine to execute this day. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/05/2021
  • Jessica

Jessica E. · Married on 10/12/2019

A wedding gift to yourself.

If you're on the fence about a planner, hop off right now and call The Hive! If you need a little more convincing, keep reading...

We heard it so many times (for real, a lot). Be present. You’ve been planning for months but—no matter what—things will not go 100% according to your plan. So just be in the moments. By the end of our wedding day, albeit a broken record, it was truly sound advice. But if you want someone that will actually handle anything that does go awry and work her hardest to bring your vision to life, have Lindsay Woodard be a part of your day.

Reaching out to The Hive and meeting Lindsay was a wedding plan game-changer. From our first meeting she took time to really listen and understand what was most important to us. We wanted something nontraditional and laidback. Being a woman with experience, she knew it would take work to look chill. Right away she helped us think through all the details to make sure our guests wouldn’t be lost. During our site visit she helped us design a layout to support the free flowing vibe we wanted. She stayed in contact with our vendors and worked on the day's timeline, becoming our day's advocate and always putting our vision first. She took time to notice the small details and by our wedding day, we knew we could trust her 100% to bring the day to life better than we imagined. And she did!

Seriously, we cannot imagine the day without her and The Hive's support. One of my favorite parts was walking the space and seeing all of Lindsay's loving touches, from twinkle lights to table designs. When stress started to get in the way of us enjoying the moments, I'd look to Lindsay for reassurance. She handled everything with grace, kindness, and a her wonderful humor. We cannot thank her enough and no words can express how much we appreciate her support.

We reached out to The Hive because these ladies have a bad ass reputation. They absolutely do not disappoint!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Jasmine E. · Married on 10/12/2019

Ciera is the Best!

When I set out to plan our wedding I was going about it in a DIY sense. I was going to pick everything out and do it all for a modest budget. I got as far as venue before they told me they required a wedding planner. And honestly I was bummed. This was not a line item in my budget but I knew I had to make it work because we really loved the space. Luckily for us the venue gave us a like of 3-4 planners that they have worked with in the past, including The Hive. I ended up checking out each companies website and social media pages but I was just unsure. I ended up posting on a status on facebook that I was looking for a wedding planner. Several of my friends recommended The Hive. I felt reassured from personal friends enough to reach out.

I swear it was like almost immediately after I reached out ,I got an email response from Ciera asking us to come in for a consultant. I say we hit it off immediately! Ciera was so upbeat and her energy just sat well with both of us that we agreed to go with The Hive. We ended up selecting the 90 wrap up package. It was within budget for us and allowed me to still have that control over things that I wanted. Ciera was honest and straightforward with budget overview, prices ranges on ideas we had, and she overall knew our venue space and what needed to take place for a successful event there.

Ciera kept me in line! And I needed that. I would get overwhelmed with things and just set them aside. And she would hit me up with her check lists and then I knew I had to hop to it. Ciera filled in when my husband was not able to make tasting. On my wedding day Ciera, her assistant, and the catering team made the venue look amazing. What was shocking is I do think that I ever explicitly told her how I wanted things set up. I was extremely happy. Throughout the night she made sure my cup of blue drink was full and that we were taken care of fully. I would recommend Ciera for anyone looking for a wedding planner. I wish I had another event for her to assist me with. I will just stick to me trying to be her friend in real life lol.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer H. · Married on 09/28/2019

The Hive is the best of the best

We purchased the full planning package from Hive, with Christine Greenberg as our planner. She is literally the reason why our wedding happened. Without her, it wouldn't have been possible. I certainly couldn't have pulled off something like this on my own. Planning a wedding in a different state with vendors I didn't know (we live in NYC, my husband is from Richmond) seemed daunting and would have been impossible without Christine. She is organized, professional, and the best of the best in terms of wedding planners. Her relationships with top notch vendors in the area made it super easy to find our vendors (and that Hive discount wasn't bad either!). She knew exactly our vibe within minutes of meeting me. Throughout the entire year of planning, I knew that she had our back and would have everything handled. She nailed it. Hiring the Hive is the BEST thing you can do for yourself in terms of wedding planning. Hands down.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Sasha K. · Married on 09/22/2019

If I could give Christine more than 5 stars I would!

We interviewed multiple wedding planners in the Charlottesville area and we are SO HAPPY we chose Christine at the Hive Wedding Co. Christine was absolutely amazing to work with!! My husband and I both work 80+ hour weeks and were planning a wedding across the country so we really needed a planner who had a lot of integrity for their work and would help narrow down decisions for us. I could not have imagined planning our wedding without Christine's guidance and support. I would highly recommend Christine and her team for anyone planning a wedding in the Charlottesville/Richmond VA area!

Christine was organized, professional, and always kept calm even when we had a last minute hiccup with Minted placecards three days before the wedding. Her fee more than paid for itself as we received discounts from her preferred vendors as well. She did a great job at letting me know what was or was not worth spending money on, she kept everything within budget and helped us find creative solutions that fit our needs.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 09/14/2019

Noelle and the entire Hive team are awesome!

We hired Noelle Parent for our 9/27 wedding and she was worth her weight in gold. Noelle was full of great advice and wisdom in our entire wedding planning progress and with her at the helm our rehearsal, ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. My visits to the Hive office were always friendly and welcoming. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth W. · Married on 09/07/2019

Ciera with The Hive was amazing!

My husband and I worked with Ciera from The Hive Wedding Collective for our September wedding and we could not have been happier. After we got engaged I initially thought that I might be able to plan myself, or get a "day-of" coordinator. I started looking online quickly realized that I was in over my head and was going to need more help. I heard about The Hive from my wedding DJ (Rudy) and contacted them to set up a meeting. I met with Ciera and she made me feel much better right away. I had an idea of how I wanted things to look but I had no idea how to execute my ideas. I also really wanted to do a cocktail-style wedding (no assigned seating) and was unsure how to implement this. Tredegar Ironworks is a beautiful location, but it is a little more work because you have to rent everything (except the venue and the tent) which makes things more complicated. Ciera and I spoke for a couple of hours at our first meeting and decided on the partial wedding planning package. I am so glad that I decided to work with Ciera. I pretty much used every vendor that she recommended and they were all great. She was very organized and knew exactly what we needed to do when. She knew everything that we needed to rent from Rent E Quip (which was a lot) and created the full rental order. There were a lot of things that I wouldn't have thought of-like renting tables for the caterer/dj etc. She handled many things behind the scenes so that I only had to make the bigger decisions and didn't have to focus as much on the minutiae. She kept in close touch with me along the way and was really approachable and fun. All of her work culminated in the most beautiful wedding. She brought my vision to life and it was better than I could have imagined. If there were any hiccups she handled them and we didn't hear about them (I still don't know about them haha!). She took everything in stride. We also really liked working with her assistant Keneil on the wedding day-she was so kind. They both made sure that Zach and I were well-fed and comfortable. They were just the best. You can see her fluffing my veil before I go down the aisle haha! Thanks lady! We highly recommend Ciera, Keneil and The Hive. Thank you all!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 09/07/2019

The perfect planners to make your day stress-free!

Christine Haines Greenberg truly made our wedding memorable, stress-free, and absolutely perfect. I can't imagine the planning process or what our wedding day would have been like without her incredible guidance and organization! My husband and I instantly connected with her no-nonsense attitude and we immediately trusted her. Hiring her was by far the best decision we made in the wedding planning process!

We planned our wedding from afar, and she seamlessly worked with our vendors and accommodated our schedule to make the entire planning process stress free. She knew exactly what vendors were the right match for us based on personality and style, and we couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out.

Her organization made the wedding day better for us, our families, our wedding party, and our guests. Everything looked beautiful, but she knew how to set up the spaces and how to make the day flow so perfectly that it enhanced the experience for our guests.

Working with her and her team was an absolute pleasure, and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Julia · Married on 08/24/2019

Noelle is a godsend!

Noelle was an absolute must-have for our wedding. Words cannot describe how much of an asset she was for making our day run completely smooth. The entire 90 days leading up to the wedding, she was incredibly organized, available, and helpful for EVERY little thing we needed. Her personality is incredible-- she is calm yet assertive and can get things done. Brides- trust me, you will want a wedding planner who your personality will mesh well with but who also is 10 steps ahead and knows the wedding industry- Noelle is THE woman!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney T. · Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic experience

Ciera is amazing. She did an outstanding job of organizing our wedding and ensuring everything was flawless. She took care of all of the logistical conversations with the vendors and was very accessible to us for our millions of questions and thoughts leading up to the wedding. She is super easy to work with and had great ideas on details and scheduling that would make the big day run perfectly. I recommend her 1000%

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Nora

Nora · Married on 08/03/2019

The Hive Collective hit it out of the park!

A lot of people talk about how stressful planning a wedding can be, but I honestly could never really relate! I attribute this relative sense of calm to working with Heather and the Hive Collective.

Simply put, Heather's organizational skills, sense of composure, and creative vision made for what felt like a dream wedding.

She assembled an exquisite team--from the caterers to the DJ--who collaborated to put on a ceremony and reception that felt just right and true to me and my now-husband. Throughout the planning process, it was clear how much the various vendors respect and admire her professionalism.

Of course, when you're having an outdoor wedding you're taking a risk. Luckily for us, it was a spectacular day with perfect weather. Having said that, Heather always had a proactive back-up plan and was one step ahead of us. Even if there were a monsoon, I'm sure that she would have made that an amazing event, too.

Throughout the evening, Heather's steady presence was such a comfort. Her lovely assistant Noelle inspired so much confidence, too. I never had to worry about logistics because I trusted everything would go well--and it did!

But enough from me. I am happy to quote others on Heather's brilliance:

- When I arrived at the wedding venue on the big day, the manager told me, "When I see Heather's name on the schedule, I always breathe a sigh of relief and know it's going to be an amazing event."

- After the last dance of the reception, one guest ran up to me and said, "Your wedding planner is amazing! My shoe broke and she lent me hers!"

- The day after the wedding, my dad said it best: "Heather hit it out of the park!"

Be kind to yourself so you can enjoy your big day and focus on the important things, like family, friends, and love: go with Hive Collective!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/19/2019

Ciera made our wedding day the most meaningful!

Ciera was an absolute gem and dream come true! She was our 90-Day Coordinator, and we knew we were in great hands the entire time—she is truly an expert in her field. She handled everything with careful attention, ease, and kept us laughing the whole way through! Ciera kept the rehearsal on a tight and organized schedule, and her timeline for the wedding day was incredibly thorough. She was great to collaborate with and provided such crucial insight on run of show for ceremony and reception—she was a guiding light for sure.

On our wedding day, Ciera and her assistant Noelle were so organized and provided such a calming presence for us. Whenever we felt like we needed a drink for a toast or just to have fun, we turned around and they were right there with drinks at the ready! Not once did we feel lost or confused about what we were supposed to do next, we felt guided and flexible to do our own thing at the same time—it was truly the perfect balance. Throughout the whole process, Ciera was extremely responsive and kept us moving right along when we were trying to make final decisions.

On a personal note, Ciera's personality and warmth were what made our experience so much more meaningful. She's the type of person we want to keep in touch with. We highly recommend Ciera and The Hive Wedding Collective!!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Krysten

Krysten R. · Married on 07/05/2019

Enchanted Garden Wedding

I can't really say enough good things about Noelle. She was INCREDIBLE and the day wouldn't of gone so perfectly without her. I planned the wedding but was so worried about the day of logistics and coordination that super last minute I decided to turn to the pros. Noelle was flexible, accommodating, thorough, thoughtful, sweet and the best wedding decision we made. The ceremony site was beautiful and her coordination created a fairytale day. THANK YOU Noelle & The Hive - we are so grateful.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Troy J. · Married on 06/29/2019

Phenomenal

Christine and Lindsay did a phenomenal job. We started working with Christine about 6 months before our wedding and I’m glad we did. My wife and I were trying to plan a wedding by ourselves, but quickly realized it’s a job left to the pros. Christine came in, for us organized and on track. She is super detail oriented as absolutely crushed the planning. She and Lindsay were fantastic day of, thinking on their feet and making sure everything ran smoothly. You can’t put a price on piece of mind, but that’s what I felt working with these two.

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine B. · Married on 06/29/2019

Hiring the Hive was the single best decision we made for our daughter's wedding

Noelle Parent at the Hive Wedding Co. is absolutely wonderful to work with! My daughter lives in LA and her wedding was in Richmond, Va so as mother of the bride, we did a lot of long distance planning. Noelle and her talented assistant, Hannah, were our day of wedding coordinators but the process started about 90 days beforehand. Noelle promptly answered my many questions and provided excellent advice, suggestions and resources. To put it simply, she kept me sane by managing the myriad details and logistics for the wedding day and reception. The bride and I were able to relax and enjoy this special day, knowing that Noelle and Hannah had it all in hand. I can't say enough good things about Noelle Parent and The Hive! 100% recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Chidi U. · Married on 06/29/2019

Hire them!

I met the ladies at Urban Set Bride and upon finding my wedding dress there I knew then and there that Christine and her team would be the only ones I’d entrust with my husband and my special day. Over the course of 5 months never once did I feel that we were unheard, oversold, or not taken care of. Christine literally took over, per our wish, and led the way with communications with vendors, negotiations, setting expectations, and organizing our lives. Not only was she understanding of our busy lives, she was always flexible, cognizant and respectful of our budget. This was so important because, let’s be honest, one can get far away from what’s most important very quickly. She kept us grounded. The rehearsal and wedding day off went off without a hitch which I’m sure isn’t true but the fact that 2 months later, I still don’t know about it means she did her job flawlessly! I will hire The Hive Collective for all party planning going forward and continue to sing their praises to every soon-to-be bride and groom I come across!

Sent on 09/06/2019