Stella Event Design is the premire wedding and event florist in Southwest Michigan.
Beautiful blooms & creative containers – a fresh approach to wedding florals!
From the perfect picked-from-the-garden bouquet to creative & unique centerpieces, we can help you to create the wedding day you’ve always dreamed of, whether it be rustic-chic, traditional, contemporary or beach-inspired!
As a special event florist, all of our orders are customized to fit your specific style and needs. We suggest booking your date 9-12 months in advance, and making your floral selections about 6 months prior to your wedding. We’re happy to sit down with you to help you turn your photos and inspiration into the perfect custom floral design!
In an effort to make the process as easy as possible, We have provided as much information about our policies & process as possible below. We're more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have!
- We are an events-only florist and have a $1,000 minimum order. This is usually not an issue if you plan to use fresh flowers for both personal flowers (bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres etc) as well as ceremony and reception (centerpieces).
- We are often asked about what is "average." This varies greatly, but our average floral order is $2500-$3000 for a wedding of 150 guests if you plan to use fresh flowers for both personal flowers (bouquets, etc) as well as reception (centerpieces). We've created everything from $2,000 to $15,000 designs, and can create something beautiful to meet almost any budget!
- If you're early in the process (which you are), we just require a signed contract and $750 (non-refundable) retainer to secure your date. Pricing on the products change from time to time, so we do our actual designing (which determines your pricing) for you once we're 6 - 3 months before your wedding.
- Once a quote is created (or 3 months prior to your wedding, whichever is first) a 50% deposit (less your initial $750 deposit) is required. Some brides are ready to sit down and put a quote together right from the start, and bypass the initial $750 deposit. Please note that the 50% deposit is what locks in individual pricing on each item, as those are based on current wholesale costs.
- Your final balance and changes are due approximately 3 weeks prior to your wedding date, unless otherwise noted by your designer.
- Setup services start at $75, depending on your order & location.
- We design a limited number of events each weekend, to make sure your event gets the time & attention it deserves, and have very limited dates available each year. Providing a deposit and completed contract to us guarantees our service for you.
- We have a large assortment of in-stock containers, including standard cylinders, cubes, and glass white cubes, corrugated zinc cylinders, mercury glass, pedestal bowls, vintage glass, etched gold & silver planter boxes, barn-wood boxes and planter boxes, and more. We also offer candle holders to coordinate with most designs!
Find out what makes us different—Ask for our questionnair to fill out and get a free quote!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
What is the average price for a boutonniere?
What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)?
Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services?
Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
How would you describe your floral designs?
Which of the following services do you provide?
What types of arrangements do you provide?
Any other questions?
69 ReviewsWrite a review
17 User photos
Are you interested?
Professional Network & Endorsements7 Endorsements
It is always a pleasure working with Jessica Groth Pennington, Holden Alee and Stella Event Design staff. Everyone is professional, timely, and extremely conscientious of every aspect of the brides special day including being attentive to the needs of her guests'. CK knows IF there is a "bump" along the way that together as a team we work it out. Stella's staff is quick to think on their feet and to take action. Honestly though when CK hears a bride has hired Stella Event Design we take a sigh knowing it is all good. Thank you for the opportunities to work with you now and in the future.
Loved working with Stella Design! They are professional and so very organized!
The planners at Stella Event Design always go above & beyond to make sure everything is spot on for their brides! We have no hesitation referring our brides to Stella because we know how great they will get taken care of!