Laura Ford Photos

• Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Laura Ford Photos

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

Hello! I’m Laura Ford, a Midwestern native who has fully adopted sunny Southern California as home. I’ve been living in Los Angeles since 2013, and have happily kissed winter boots and car ice scrapers goodbye forever!

As far as aesthetic goes, my photos are bright, cheerful and thoughtfully framed. Combining the perfect setting with the right color palate and a bit of art direction for my clients is my superpower. My approach for portraits can be described as editorial, and my goal is to artfully capture the essence of you!

When I’m not photographing people and weddings you can find me hiking in Griffith Park with my husband, antique store browsing, hanging out with my sister and her two goofy rescue pups, playing euchre with neighbors or grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s. :-)

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT YOU:

Your wedding is a big deal, and the day itself will go by faster than you can imagine. Your wedding photos should not only help you remember the aesthetic details of the day; it should also transport you back to the way you felt. The anticipation of getting ready, the surreal moment of exchanging vows, the incomparable joy of partying with all the people you love in one place. The day itself is fleeting, but photography is a powerful memory-keeper.

I want to connect with you and know what you are anticipating the most on your wedding day. I want to hear about the favors you chose and the people you are inviting. All of these details we discuss and prepare for so that on the day of the celebration I already know what to keep an eye out for and how to capture all the moments that will tell the story of your wedding day.

Follow Laura Ford Photos on

Laura Ford Photos 2
Laura Ford Photos 3

Alison · Married on 03/16/2019

Laura is amazing!

Laura is the BEST. Finding a photographer for our wedding was one of the most important things to me - photos are one of the only things you get to keep to remind you of your day after it has come and gone. I looked at lots of different photographers and spoke with 5 different people and I knew immediately when I talked to Laura and saw her work that she was the perfect fit for us.

Laura is not only insanely talented, but she is also incredibly sweet and fun to work with. My husband and I legit had a blast doing our first look and taking photos before our wedding. Laura has a talent for understanding people. She gets to know you really quickly and is really good at picking up on what you like. She scouted out locations for our photos that were exactly what we were looking for without us even knowing it! She makes you feel comfortable behind the camera and is great at giving direction without making you feel posed. She is also great at wrangling family and friends; my husband's family is huge and she managed to get them all to cooperate for lots of family photos that turned out beautifully. She also did us a solid when our timeline ran later than we planned and stayed later than she had planned to capture a few photos of our friends and family getting down on the dance floor.

We just got our previews back and looking at them made us feel like we were able to relive our day all over again. They're intimate, candid, and capture all of the little moments we loved about our day. They were exactly what we were hoping for! Thank you so much Laura for capturing our day so beautifully!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

Laura is an incredible photographer! My now-husband and I began planning our wedding from a different state, and Laura was quick, prompt, and very accommodating when it came to "e-meeting" us via Skype for an initial chat to talk about our wedding and what to expect. We loved the photos we saw in Laura's portfolio before meeting with her, and talking with her just solidified our decision to pick her as our photographer on the big day. She described her style at work, which was non-intrusive and thoughtful, which we loved, particularly being in a wedding party full of nerds and introverts! On the wedding day, Laura was an absolute master at herding people around for photos, thinking up creative ideas for shots and angles, and working quickly and, again, thoughtfully as she kept our timeline in mind throughout the day. Our wedding was just over a week ago, and she sent us several previews just a few days after the wedding that had us in awe. My husband, who was perhaps the most camera-phobic of us all, had a huge smile on his face as he was going through the preview shots she sent us and commented on how great Laura was. After the wedding, I had a few guests comment to me on how impressed they were with Laura's "ninja-like" skills at the event -- she had a great sense of where to be and when, so she was able to capture so many great shots. We can't wait to see the full gallery when it's ready, and we highly recommend Laura if you're considering her as a photographer for her beautiful work, conscientious nature, and quick work on her feet! We can't thank her enough!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2018

So many wonderful things to say about Laura! I was so comfortable from the first minute we met! She shot a beautiful engagement shoot of my husband and I at the Union Station in LA. All the pictures were flawless, it was so hard to pick my favorite one. Communication with Laura was easy and she was very responsive. The day of the wedding was perfect. Everything ran smoothly. Laura really took control, however she was never aggressive or pushy. She was able to share with me some of the shots from the wedding and they were nothing but AMAZING!!! People thought the photos came out of magazines, I can't wait to see them all! If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. I love her vision and her beautiful work.!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Laura Ford Photos Pricing

Laura Ford Photos Price Rates

Laura Ford Photos FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional, Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Video, Wedding Portraits

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Laura Ford Photos 1
    -3%
    3% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Brandon Baker Photography
    Brandon Baker Photography Wedding Photographers

Laura is a great photographer and mentor. I only wish we were closer so we could work together more often. Her work is nothing short of amazing and she is always very calm and professional. I would high recommend her.

• 722 S Los Angeles St 514 Los Angeles, CA, 90014 See on map