Stella Event Design Reviews

64 Reviews for Stella Event Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

64 Stella Event Design Reviews

J · Married on 05/21/2017

Jessica did an excellent job on decorating outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for my wedding in May. She was very professional, friendly and flexible to work with. I had customized proposal on how I would like to have the sites decorated to be within certain budget, Jessica made it happen and even more beautiful than I expected! I’m very happy with her amazing work and really appreciate it!

Stefan · Married on 09/05/2015

Working with Stella Events was probably the most important decision we made in planning our wedding. Holden and Mary Beth went above and beyond any expectation we had. They gave wonderful suggestions and advice. They listened to our ideas and concerns and gave thoughtful and helpful responses. Stella also was our florist and they made the most beautiful arrangements for both our ceremony and our reception. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding and Stella Events had a HUGE part in making everything perfect!

I was completely blown away by Stella Event Design's work! We hired them for day of coordination services, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Throughout my planning process, Holden answered my millions of questions quickly, patiently, and thoughtfully. He coordinated with all my vendors leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding, he (along with his team of Sidney and Lindsey) executed every detail flawlessly. My family and I spent most of the day relaxing, with nothing to do! Holden took my vision for both the ceremony and reception and made them happen as if they were his own, and we heard over and over again how perfectly the whole day unfolded. Being able to be present and enjoy every moment of your wedding is a gift, and I cannot begin to thank Stella Event Design, and Holden, enough for their talent and everything they did to make my wedding day the best day of my life. They will always be so dear to me as a huge part in making the whole day a success! I would highly recommend Stella Event Design, especially Holden, for wedding coordination services.

Kate · Married on 09/28/2013

I was completely blown away by Stella Event Design's work! We hired them for day of coordination services, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Throughout my year long planning process, Jessica and Holden answered my millions of questions quickly, patiently, and thoughtfully. They coordinated and provided our beautiful decor rentals, and in the few weeks before the wedding, Holden was my rock! The day of the wedding, he and Chardonnay executed every detail flawlessly, so much so that not only were we on time (unheard of for me!), but my family and I spent most of the day relaxing, with nothing to do! When circumstances required an impromptu MC for the reception (we didn't have a DJ), he stepped in with grace and charm. Holden took my vision for both the ceremony and reception and made them happen as if they were his own, and we heard over and over again how perfectly the whole day unfolded. Being able to be present and enjoy every moment of your wedding is a gift, and I cannot begin to thank Stella Event Design, and Holden, enough for their talent and everything they did to make my wedding day the best day of my life. They will always be so dear to me as a huge part in making the whole day a success!

Stephanie · Married on 09/14/2013

Stella Event Design and Jessica were truly, absolutely amazing. Jessica made the process of planning my dream wedding stress free and so fun! She was able to take the vision of what we wanted and duplicate it, if not making it even better. Jessica was so flexible - always willing to travel to us to meet or go out of her way to do something for us. My husband's goal was to have Jessica allow for me to be completely calm on our wedding day, which is exactly what happened. I didn't have anything to worry about because I was confident Jessica would handle everything. She had relationships with so many vendors in the West Michigan area which especially helped when we had an Etsy vendor take our money and run after we placed an order for our invitations. Stella Event and Jessica were fabulous and without a doubt would be highly, highly recommended to anyone looking for a planner.

Mary Kay · Married on 09/14/2013

Jessica provided the Full Service Planning for my daughter's September 2013 wedding. I can tell you that it was worth every penny! The wedding was an outdoor reception along the shore of Lake Michigan. We had to rent everything - tent, tables, chairs, dishes, grills, etc. Jessica was able to secure the rentals at a significant discount and we were able to save more than half of her fee by not renting everything on our own. We also were scammed by a wedding invitation designer from Etsy and Jessica stepped right in and connected us with a local person she knew that was able to get our invitations complete on time in a super short turn around time. Jessica met with our florist with us and in her sweet and gentle manner was able to slightly modify the florist's design to better fit with the "look" Jessica was creating for us at the reception. She never made the florist feel uncomfortable. The tent and tables were gorgeous and everyone commented on them! She is a wonderful team player and worked beautifully with the vendors we had selected on our own. Jessica was extremely calm and unflappable which allowed my husband and I to thoroughly enjoy every minute of all the festivities. I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Alex · Married on 08/03/2013

We decided to hire a day-of wedding coordinator on the recommendation of our DJ and I’m so glad we did. I knew right away that we wanted Stella Event Design from the moment I landed on their website. Jessica and Holden know what they are doing…period. When I shared our decision with the rest of the wedding vendors it was like they all breathed a sigh of relief because they knew the day would run smooth.

Holden was my coordinator for the day and after meeting with him just a few times I felt like I had known him for a long time. His dedication, enthusiasm, creativity, kindness, and attention to detail made it seem like he cared about the wedding like a friend or family member instead of a vendor.

Like all weddings we had a few hiccups and Holden was right there through them all. There were several issues that he solved behind the scenes without me even knowing. I can’t tell you how may times I had to say, “go find Holden,” or “Holden will take care of that.” At some point we got stuck with our two dogs because nobody could get them back to the daycare. Holden’s assistant Chardonnay jumped in and spent all evening walking them and taking them on potty breaks. There were also several times where I would catch Holden’s eye and he would nod to me with a smile as if to tell me that everything was handled and under control. Finally right before the ceremony began, when emotional exhaustion set in and I was overwhelmed with family drama, Holden appeared in the small dressing room. Everyone had been ushered out and we stood alone for a few minutes. He dried a few tears, fluffed my dress, and somehow just saved the day with a few creative quick fixes. He had this wonderful calming effect on me.

In the end, I would strongly suggest Stella Event Design to any Bride that is looking for a stress free day. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Holden, Jennifer, & Chardonnay for all the love, support, and hard work. My wedding day was a dream come true!

We were lucky enough to work with Jessica and from the first moment we met her she was very enthusiastic, organized and had great ideas. Since we live in Chicago and were going to get married at our lake house in Michigan, we decided to invest in a wedding planner and it was the best decision ever! Jessica was always full of great ideas, was a great listener and understood exactly the type of wedding we wanted, and she always did her best to stay true to our wishes.
    We got married 3 days ago and I am still in disbelief at how seamless everything was. Jessica has a great rapport with the vendors, she took care of everything, and we literally did not have to worry about anything at all.
    I highly recommend the full wedding planning package. We weren't sure if it was the best choice, but it took away so much stress knowing Jessica was taking care of everything. We met at her office and she is completely professional, organized beyond belief, and is always upbeat and happy. Our wedding day was a dream come true, and a lot of that is credited to Jessica and her excellent team (Holden included!) who made everything just perfect.
    Thank you Jessica - we called her JLo(from the movie) : ) - we can't thank you enough!!!!!

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2013

Jessica and Holden with Stella Event Design were both absolutely fantastic!!!!! I got engaged in March, planned our Michigan beach wedding from the Chicago area, and was married by July...they helped me plan and have the wedding of my dreams within 4 months!! Stella did my flowers as well and people have been raving about them!!!! I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were and would recommend them in a heartbeat!!!!

Lindsay · Married on 05/26/2013

Holden @ Stella Event was wonderful and made my wedding just perfect! Planning from Cincinnati proved very difficult and he stepped in and really did a fantastic job taking my direction and running with it. The one thing that I especially loved was that he called all my vendors the week of the wedding to touch base with them and ensure everything would be exactly where and how i wanted it to be. This was a huge help as i had a million other things to do that week, including traveling up to Michigan. Thank you to Stella Event for making my day one I will never forget.

Janelle · Married on 11/17/2012

Hiring Stella Event Design was the best decision I made for my wedding. Jessica, the lead planner, coordinated my wedding and she was reliable in every way and has a personality that could make even the most nervous person relaxed and comfortable. She provided every service with professionalism from designing a budget, recommending vendors, designing the look of the reception and making the rehearsal, wedding and reception go smoothly. My family, wedding party, and myself all got to enjoy the entire day with no stress b/c Jessica did the set-up, made sure vendors were on time, gave vendor tips, did the take down, and much more that I don't even know b/c I didn't have to be concerned with any behind the scenes. I would recommend Stella Event Design to anyone that wants their day to be sensational!

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2012

Stella Event Design exceeded my expectations at every turn! They helped bring the vision my husband and I had for a laid-back and relaxed but still carefully planned wedding to life. From their ongoing counsel and wedding expertise to design concepts and day-of flow, we could not have done it without them! To have them there on the day of the event was priceless and allowed me to enjoy my wedding as much as my guests did. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat, only I won't need to! :)

Emily · Married on 08/25/2012

Jessica and Brittany both helped us tremendously with every aspect of our wedding! They answered ever email and phone call in a timely matter and always had a helpful response for every question. They were both so inviting and kind and never made us felt like we were asking too many questions. I had a vision of what I wanted my wedding day to look like but didn't know exactly how to execute it so thankfully Brittany and her whole team did! Everything from the decor to the schedule of the day was perfect and everything we wanted!. Stella events also referred us to other amazing vendors to help make our wedding great and we loved everyone that worked with us on that day, which was all made possible thanks to Stella!

Kristen · Married on 08/11/2012

The Stella Event Design team exceeded my expectations! I found their creative and inspired designs to be right on target for our vision for a wedding weekend celebrating family, friends, and our new life. We enjoyed the detailed plans that the Stella Event Design team prepared giving us a really clear picture of how we could maximize our budget. The preferred vendor/supplier list also made our research much more efficient by reducing the need to contact pages upon pages of potential suppliers.

I loved that Stella Event Design checked in periodically to see how our planning was going. They managed the coordination with several of our suppliers/vendors to ensure a successful and stress-free wedding day. To that point, I spent the entire day at the spa with my maid-of-honor relaxing knowing that Stella Event Design had it all under control. I even have pictures of my groom "chilling" the afternoon of our wedding day since I reassured him Stella Event Design would take care of all the details and set up.

Investing in wedding planning services was the second best decision I made (picking a pretty amazing husband to wed ranks at the top of the list!).

Kathy · Married on 06/16/2012

Jessica Pennington far exceeded our expectations. She was totally on top of all of the many details and did a fantastic job. She used creativity and skill in creating a magical venue. The vendors she recommended ALL came through in a spectacular fashion. The weeks before the wedding we shipped things to her, called her, emailed her and she was wonderfully responsive. Having her took the stress out of the event. Call me anytime if you have questions. I am the MOB, Kathy Carrier, (260) 403-6746 or email me: kcarrier@keepsakethreads.com

Emily · Married on 05/27/2012

Jessica was awesome to work with! She was always available prior to the wedding day if issues arose, and on the wedding day she made it seem so seamless. I highly recommend her!

Andi · Married on 05/19/2012

I can not say enough good things about Stella Event Design. They made the entire experience of planning a wedding stress free and fun. Jessica and her staff are professional, energetic and great to work with. I couldn't have asked for anything more from my wedding planner.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/12/2012

Jessica and her team made our wedding phenominal from start to finish. Our first meeting she informed us that there was a huge golf tournament occuring in St. Joseph on the weekend we were considering for our wedding. We had spoken with 3 reception venues prior to our meeting, and none had mentioned the tournament or the logistical issues it would pose for our day. We right then how valuable she would be to our wedding planning experience.

She had the ability to hear our ideas and transform them into reality. She was never overbearing, and just wanted to give us the wedding of our dreams on our budget. She was there with us through the whole process and was always available to help us navigate bumps in the road. If you are looking for a down to earth, creative, and exceptionally organized planner .... Jessica is your girl!

Catherine · Married on 09/25/2011

Stella Event Design- We had an opportunity to work with Brittany Johnson. We chose the “Day-of-coordinator” package and we were very glad to have her help! The Barn was just too big to do alone, plus I couldn’t imagine rushing around feeling stressed having to set-up, decorate, and try to get pampered all the while trying to feel like a bride. The day goes sooo fast, I wouldn’t want to do anything other than get pampered, smile, and marry the love of my life. Save yourself the headache and hire them ASAP. Also, their vendor list is worth the money you pay them. We saved a lot of time by taking their recommendations. There will be a 1,000 things to do, having to supply a list of your own vendors is not worth the time it will take to compile the list. Brittany is fast on email replies and great at communication with the Bride and Groom. Overall, things went smoothly. I am very specific, controlling, and neurotic, so the fact I had a blast and only felt panicked a few times, (family related), is a great sign. Brittany has a great poker face and puts fires out quietly which makes her perfect for the job. Planning a wedding is stressful, running a wedding is high pace and high-stress, but Brittany keeps it moving and handles hiccups without making a sound. I highly recommend Stella Event Design. 10 out of 10

Dawn · Married on 09/24/2011

Working with Jessica at Stella Event Design was amazing! As a Detroit bride planning a wedding on the other side of the state, it was extremely helpful to receive vendor recommendations that were reliable, within my budget and matched my "vision." Looking at past event photos, I knew Jessica and her team would come up with something fun, modern and perfect for my theme and venue. I really trusted her judgements and referrals. She was extremely flexible with me since I couldn't always get there for a face-to-face meeting (or had very short notice!) and answered all emails immediately. She definitely went above and beyond just day-of-coordination and I am very thankful that I had her to help me on the day of the wedding. I literally do not know what I would have done without her. She was very professional and very caring. I never felt like my wedding was just another job to her, or that she was too busy to help me with things. She stayed until the very end of the reception and helped my family load up the cars (very efficiently!). I have nothing but good things to say about her and my experience-- VERY highly recommend her and Stella Event Design. You will not regret it!

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2011

Every bride and groom should be as lucky as us to have Jessica Pennington from Stella Event Design as their wedding planner. From the minute we started working with her, she exemplified professionalism. She also has a vast knowledge of the industry and goes above and beyond to make sure your day goes perfectly. Without Jessica, our wedding would not have been nearly as perfect as it was. On top of her great knowlege and professionalism, Jessica goes above and beyond to really get to know the couple she is working with and make sure that they are the highlight of the event. We simply cannot send enought Thank You's her way!

Virginia · Married on 09/17/2011

Brittany, one of Stella's event planners, was essential in the planning of my southwest Michigan wedding. I was planning my wedding from Chicago and had NO idea about which vendors to work with. She was friendly, responsive and professional and full of ideas. My wedding day was completely without stress because of Brittany's organization and ability to tie things together.

Devin · Married on 09/09/2011

Stella Event Design helped make our wedding day perfect! Everything was organized and planned to a T. We had no worries or concerns the day of the wedding, simply because of all the help from Stella Event Design and there presence on our wedding day. They are sincere, enthusiastic, flexible, and professional. I truly enjoyed and appreciate all of their help and guidance! Thank you so much ladies from Stella Event Design! Everything you did is greatly appreciated!

Jillian · Married on 08/19/2011

We hired Stella Events for day-of planning for our wedding at the Blue Dress Barn. From the very beginning Jessica was extremely helpful, friendly, and extremely quick to email me back with any answers to our questions. Being from Chicago and not knowing much about the area, Jessica provided us with a list of recommended vendors to work with, all of which turned out to be reliable, quality professionals.
    Our actual planner was Mary Beth, who was AMAZING!! Mary Beth is extremely sweet, kind, and made us feel at ease. Each meeting we had with her was wonderful, and she executed our vision to perfection. Our day ran as scheduled and without flaw because of her, and there is no way we could of had such a beautiful, stress-free wedding without all of her help. From schlepping loads of decorations, cupcakes, etc to the barn and spending hours setting everything up exactly as we discussed (and even better!) to making sure our other vendors were right on point, Mary Beth and her assistant Lexie were the best! Stella Events is the best, and we would definitely say this service was money well spent!!!

Kate · Married on 08/06/2011

Since we were having an outdoor wedding at a friend's farm, we decided that it would be worthwhile to hire a wedding planner for the day of the wedding. Since I wanted to plan the majority of it, we used Jessica for the day of coordination. From the very first day we hired her, she was helpful and very easy to work with. She has wonderful enthusiasm and clearly enjoys what she does. She provided us with a great list of vendors and was always very prompt in returning emails and calls. She made me feel very comfortable that I was planning appropriately, and she gave me great advice and ideas.

She came to the rehearsal the night before and jumped right in. I let her know what needed to be done, and she took care of everything. I had done a lot of DIY projects, and she made all of my work look better than I could have ever envisioned! She was also so helpful with vendors, organizing the wedding party and making sure everything ran smoothly. And because of her, it all did run smoothly. I never worried about a thing.

I cannot say better things about Jessica and her whole staff. They are an absolute pleasure to work with and well worth the money. I highly recommend them!