53 Ludlow Street, New York, NY 10002 Map · Phone number

About Silk Cakes

Silk Cakes offers premium customized wedding cakes and specialty cakes. Known for Asian inspired designs and flavor combinations.

Please contact us at:

wc collage 4
silk cakes

51 Reviews for Silk Cakes

Kevin · Married on 09/17/2016

My wife and I chose Silk Cakes out of a recommendation from our reception venue, and we really couldn’t be happier. We worked with Judy to design our dream cake. We met in person twice. The first meeting was to sample the cake flavors we would like for our cake, to get acquainted with the process, and to explore several cake designs. At the second meeting, we finalized the pricing, the cake size, and the cake design. We shared with Judy a cake design that we loved from Google images, and she was able to recreate it in a yuzu cake with green tea buttercream and green tea truffle. And it looks wonderful! Throughout the entire process, I admire Judy’s professionalism, attention to detail, and speed. They even shipped it over to our reception venue! Thank you Judy and Slik Cakes!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/01/2015

I absolutely loved our wedding cake!! My husband and I had such a positive experience working with Judy. She was highly professional and so pleasant throughout our process. She truly listened to what we wanted and she delivered beautifully. The cake was not only breathtakingly beautiful but DELICIOUS as well!! Judy is extremely talented I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a special occasion cake.

Sent on 08/21/2015

When I was looking for a cake vendor, I knew I would have to spend quite a bit given that we're in NYC, but I was worried as I've seen other wedding cakes that cost a fortune and look just ok. Judy Lai was incredible to work with from start to finish and I can say that my cake was actually PERFECT. We went for a tasting and had a couple pictures of what we wanted; we then communicated via email/phone to be sure we were clear on all of the details. When I saw the cake at the reception I was stunned - it was absolutely beautiful and exactly how I had imagined. The cake design was flawless- sometimes cakes with fondant seem to wilt a bit but this cake just looked like a piece of art! As for the taste - we got compliments from almost everyone about how delicious the cake was. We chose the vanilla butter cake with a dulce de leche butter cream frosting - there are no words to describe the taste! I highly recommend Silk cakes if you want a beautiful and delicious cake - she made the cake process exceptionally easy! I chose Judy because other cake vendors were making the consultation/tasting and design process so complicated and many were more interested in imposing their own designs and ideas. Judy listened to us and made something that we wanted. Stop by the bakery in NYC and taste the cupcakes!!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Silk Cakes FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 8.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 9.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Tastings - Private
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit