335 W 38th St 11th Floor, New York, NY 10018 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About A Simple Cake

A Simple Cake is a wedding cake company located in New York, New York. This company is dedicated to creating budget-friendly cakes while also offering a high-quality product. Their work has been featured in many publications, and they have also won the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards for their services. Couples may also use their sub-company, Behind the Oven, to create made-to-order cakes. Clients praise their simple, yet delicious cakes, as well as the staff’s responsiveness and coordination.

Experience
Nicolle Lugo is the current owner of A Simple Cake. She has operated this business since 2010. During her time as owner, she has serviced dozens of weddings.

A Simple Cake offers delivery and setup on your special day. A list of their services include:

• Cakes

A Simple Cake 5
  • Tiffany

Tiffany S · Married on 03/23/2019

Perfect cake for my NYC Elopement

When looking for a cake for our small NYC elopement with ten guests, I came across A Simple Cake. I reached out for some information and Nicolle responded right away and answered my questions. The ordering process could not have been easier and the cake was delivered to our hotel where we would be cutting it. The cake was absolutely beautiful. I did add some flowers to the cake but she is able to that if you deliver them to the bakery. We did not have time to do that as we flew in the night before. One of my concerns was being able to carry the rest of the cake back home on the plane and freezing it for our Anniversary. She provided boxes for each layer and little post it notes to tell me which one to put in which box.
    As far as the taste, we LOVED it. We ordered the dark chocolate cake with hazelnut cream and cappuccino cream filling. Not only did I enjoy it on my wedding day but I enjoyed it even more when I came home from my honeymoon and took a slice out of the freezer. Just an FYI, it freezes well and defrosts easily on the counter. We cut one layer in several large wedges and one will be traveling to Jamaica soon for my in laws to taste it since they could not be there on our wedding day. Thank you Nicolle for our beautiful, delicious and affordable wedding cake, I will be ordering another one when this is gone!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    A Simple Cake 6
    A Simple Cake 7
    A Simple Cake 8
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing cake for a great price

To be honest, I wasn't planning on having cake at my reception originally, as our caterer included a dessert parade as part of their dinner package. However, ultimately we decided on having a cake to cut, so I started looking for vendors... and let me just say, NYC-area prices are ridiculous. I eventually decided on A Simple Cake and another vendor to taste, and despite being about half the price of the other vendor, A Simple Cake's was much better, and a simpler, lighter cake. Day of, the cake was just as good as it was during the tasting (we got the red velvet with buttercream), with our guests telling us it was the best wedding cake they'd had. Nicolle from A Simple Cake was also very easy to work with and responsive. I'd highly recommend working with her and A Simple Cake.

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • softicweb

Ayesha · Married on 06/21/2018

Such a nice cakes order again this beautiful cake

Sent on 06/13/2018
    A Simple Cake 9
    A Simple Cake 10

A Simple Cake FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 7.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Tastings - Private
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit