A Simple Cake Reviews

A Simple Cake 1
A Simple Cake 2
  • I

Irene · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing cake for a great price

To be honest, I wasn't planning on having cake at my reception originally, as our caterer included a dessert parade as part of their dinner package. However, ultimately we decided on having a cake to cut, so I started looking for vendors... and let me just say, NYC-area prices are ridiculous. I eventually decided on A Simple Cake and another vendor to taste, and despite being about half the price of the other vendor, A Simple Cake's was much better, and a simpler, lighter cake. Day of, the cake was just as good as it was during the tasting (we got the red velvet with buttercream), with our guests telling us it was the best wedding cake they'd had. Nicolle from A Simple Cake was also very easy to work with and responsive. I'd highly recommend working with her and A Simple Cake.

• softicweb

Ayesha · Married on 06/21/2018

Such a nice cakes order again this beautiful cake

A Simple Cake 3
    A Simple Cake 4

Soomin · Married on 06/16/2018

Our wedding cake was 4 tiered devil's food chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling frosted with swiss meringue (pearl dot design). The cake was gorgeous and delicious! Nicolle was so sweet and responsive and easy to work with! Both the sample and wedding cake were amazing and our guests really enjoyed their dessert :) Thank you so much again, Nicolle!

mike · Married on 01/14/2018

OMG!! We are so happy with the cake and cookies. We wanted a simple design and great taste combinations. We meet with several others then we sat down with Lauren. She listened and then started to sketch. We wanted a New York City vibe with bicycles incorporated in a subtle way, as this is how we met. She got it sport on simple 4 layers with a skyline motif and a few bikes thrown in. The cake was moist with a chocolate chip cake and mocha frosting. and the fondant with hombre blue dots added to the nighttime of the wedding. but as we talked, we discussed adding bicycle cookies as part a end of night goodie bag with custom bike socks. it all worked so well. Lauren is a professional and in all ways strives to meet and exceed our expectations. Well worth the inspiration!

Emily · Married on 03/25/2017

So glad we found "A Simple Cake". Not only was the cake exactly what we wanted - simple, delicious, good value - working with Lauren was great. She was always very responsive. Coordinating the cake tasting samples was easy. She worked directly with our venue with delivery and no issues. We went with the vanilla cake with white chocolate cream filling and buttercream icing. It was perfect. I didn't want anything complicated and this worked perfectly. Definitely recommend. Thank you Lauren!

Sent on 04/14/2017

A Simple Cake's reply:

Thanks Emily, it was so great working with you guys and I'm thrilled that you loved your cake!

Mark · Married on 06/06/2016

I absolutely loved the cake with both the design and the taste. I received a lot of compliments as well!

Katie · Married on 05/28/2016

We were so happy we chose Lauren to make our Wedding Cake! She was absolutely lovely to work with and made the planning process easy and seamless. We met with her at her bakery which is very cute and quaint, and a true reflection of her passion and artistry. We brought pictures of ideas that we wanted for the design and she sketched a few drawings which were great-- the end result blew us away and our cake was gorgeous!

Most importantly, the cake tasted like heaven. We went with a chocolate cake and salted caramel buttercream filling-- which was the perfect combo for my husband and I's decadent, chocolate-loving taste buds!! We received compliments the entire night about the cake! We took home the top layer of the cake, and my husband and I, our parents, and brothers all ate it the next morning since none of us had a chance to get a taste at the wedding--I wish I had a piece in front of me now because I'm still remembering how delicious it was-- moist, fluffy cake, and the filing was slightly salty and not too sweet! The price was also very reasonable.

I would recommend A Simple Cake to anyone, and I can't wait to come up with another event to get our next cake from Lauren!

Leidy · Married on 02/27/2016

Lauren was an absolute delight to work with! From our initial conversation to the very end of our wedding, we have loved our experience with her. SHe took her time in answering all our questions, prepared some amazing options for us to try during our cake tasting, coordinated with the florist on the design and delivery of the cake, and was an absolute professional the entire while being truly kind and patient. And, of course, our cake was absolutely delicious! We can;t take to have our top tier on our one-year anniversary!

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/18/2015

A Simple Cake is just what I wanted, but it was so much more! It was beautiful, elegant and delicious! Lauren is extremely professional and talented. She made it all so easy and accommodated my last minute scheduling. My fiance and I enjoyed the tasting experience and came up with our favorite combination of chocolate cake with cappuccino cream and chocolate cream fillings. We took the top tier of our cake and ate it on our mini moon!

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2015

Delicious beautiful cake! Lauren was really easy to work with, the cake tasting was incredible and our wedding cake was outstanding!

Lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

I am a Wedding Planner with Storybook Weddings and Events, and I had a client who ordered their wedding cake from Lauren for their wedding back in June. The term "simple" can be used to describe the cake, but "simple" is not to be used in a boring way, but in an elegant and classic way :) Lauren was even willing to do a very last-minute change to the cake when an idea came to the couple literally a couple of weeks before the wedding. (We ended up not making the change, but I really appreciated her being open to the idea, and for helping out). Pictures can be seen at: storybookchicago. com/jess-and-matt

Alexandra · Married on 02/21/2015

Wow, Lauren is absolutely amazing! I called her 4 days before the wedding and asked her if she could do something for us. She not only understood our budget limitations, but made a cake that received compliments from EACH guest at the party! We picked red velvet cake, made with buttercream with a sugar swag design...Couldn't be 1. more beautiful and 2. more delicious. Above that, talking to Lauren was a pleasure, she is a sweetheart!
    I will definitely keep her contact for future events!

Teresa · Married on 11/15/2014

We are SO happy we chose A Simple Cake as our cake vendor. While we wanted the outside of our cake to look elegant and pretty, we were more concerned with the cake actually tasting good (which is where we have found a lot of cakes at other weddings to fail). A Simple Cake's approach seemed perfect for us, and we were right! Our cake was not only simple and beautiful on the outside (we just did butter cream frosting with a pearl dot design and fresh flowers/ivy), but also incredibly delicious on the inside; we've been told multiple times already that it was the best cake many of our guests had ever tasted at a wedding. The unique, elevated flavor combinations offered really allowed us to personalize the cake to our theme and the season as well - we had a 4 layer cake and went for Buttermilk Spice Cake with Hazelnut Cream filing for two layers and Dark Chocolate with Triberry Compote for the remaining two. Both combos were AMAZING. Lauren was funny, sweet, and incredibly easy to work with too, which really added to the sense of trust and ease we had while working A Simple Cake. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

eugene · Married on 09/30/2014

We had a great experience with Lauren and A Simple Cake. We wanted a no - frills cake for our small (50 people) wedding. Lauren had many designs and delicious flavors to choose from and our cake was a huge hit with the guests.

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with - accommodating, caring, and super creative. Our style leans much more modern than most of the fluffy, over-the-top "wedding cake" offerings that are out there so to discover her was a godsend. Her sensibility and style was perfectly "simple" and chic. She has a true love and talent for baking, and our wedding cake was both stunning and delicious. Honestly, I wish she could bake all our cakes for future special occasions. We only wish we had more cake leftover to enjoy!

I had a great experience with simple cake! I called Lauren in July ( only 1 month before the wedding! ) and I still got the cake I wanted. No compromises. Lauren called me two weeks before the wedding to finalize things and that was that. The cake was at the venue on time. They coordinated with the maitre d'themselves. I was very very happy with my cakes got a ton of compliments!

Krista · Married on 08/22/2014

I can't recommend A Simple Cake enough! Lauren was a pleasure to work with and helped answer all of my questions. She coordinated directly with our venue, which made everything so easy! Our cake turned out to be beautiful and so delicious!

Laura · Married on 05/03/2014

My husband and I got our wedding cake from A Simple Cake after tasting samples from a few other places. We were so happy with our decision! The cake was gorgeous and delicious -- we were sad not to have ordered extra to have more left over! But we plan to order a small one for our one year anniversary, it was that good. The people we worked with at A Simple Cake were professional and responsive, and the cake was delivered in perfect condition.

• O

Oksana · Married on 11/09/2013

Lauren was amazing! She created the cake of my dreams! It looked awesome and tasted so good. All the guests loved it! I would highly recommend her to my friends.

Cannot say enough nice things about this vendor. I met with Lauren very close to the date (less than two weeks) for a tasting, but she was unruffled, matter-of-fact, and refreshingly NOT bridal-industry-crazy! My fiance was ill at the time, so Lauren boxed up slices of the same cakes I'd tasted to take home... all we had to do was contact her once we'd made up our minds. The cake was beautiful and was delivered on time, and exactly as promised.

We planned our wedding in a ridiculously short time frame, and throughout the process I would meet what I think of as wedding-industry hysterics—you know, the people who screech, "What do you mean you didn't start planning a year in advance?! You must not be ~~serious~~ about your wedding!" Lauren was the perfect example of the OPPOSITE of that kind of vendor. No drama, no hysterics—just straight-up competence and an exceptional product. An absolute pleasure to work with... and, seriously, ALL the cakes I tasted were superb. Already wishing our first anniversary could come faster so we can have more of it immediately! :)

Elizabeth · Married on 09/14/2013

I can not begin to tell you how awesome Lauren at A Simple Cake is but I will try . She is very detail oriented, professional, punctual, knowledgeable , and friendly. She genuinely loves her job. She not only made our cake beautiful and delicious , she was like a best friend helping us with detail in our wedding. I can not tell you how important that is to have in a vendor . She goes above her job description. Now onto the cake.. We had a lemon cake with fresh berries and cream inside. Our guests loved it. She also did a surprise grooms cake of dark chocolate and chocolate cream. Delicious! They keep the top tier of the cake which is perfect for freezing. Thank you so much again Lauren!

Lauren was fantastic to deal with, very nice, efficient and helpful. Our cake was truly beautiful and delicious. I cannot recommend A Simple Cake highly enough. Thank you!!!!

We had a wonderful experience working with Lauren. She answered all of our questions thoroughly and was very helpful in making decisions about the flavor and design of our cake. But beyond all else, the cake was DELICIOUS. Our friends and family still can't stop talking about how good it was all these months later! We also really appreciated the clarity and ease of using their website. Having prices, flavors and decorations outlined upfront, plus the ability to order samples and the actual cake online was a tremendous plus -- if only the rest of the wedding industry would follow suit!

Clare · Married on 03/29/2013

We worked with Lauren at A Simple Cake, for our wedding cake and what a pleasure it was!

Lauren herself is lovely, talented and extremely professional. Nothing was a problem working with her. Emails and phone calls promptly responded to, tasting a breeze, and day-of delivery a non-issue!

We had a three tier buttercream, golden yellow cake, with tri-berry filling and it was delicious. They have their own buttercream recipe and it definitely tastes that way without the weird grainy, sugary or oily feeling that you get from so many weddings cakes.

We didn't want to spend a small fortune on the cake, but obviously wanted something delicious and pretty and A Simple Cake fit the bill perfectly. They had such wonderful designs to choose from and we settled on the Ruffles, which is one of their new designs and so divine! There are a few pictures of it on our wedding photographers blog here http://www.michellelange.com/blog/2013/04/01/wed-clare-john-new-leaf-restaurant-fort-tryon-park/

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any of my friends not only for a wedding but for any special occasion!

My husband and I found A Simple Cake because it came with our reception package. This was perfect because we wanted a simple, white cake and probably would have found A Simple Cake had they not been recommended by our reception site.
    We had our tasting and tried a number of different cakes and filings, as well as the fondant. Everything tasted amazing and we wound up picking an all chocolate cake. Picking the exterior design was also difficult because there were so many pretty options. When we finally made our choices, submitting them on the website was very easy and user-friendly.
    Lauren was a wealth of information during our tasting, and followed up promptly when she said she would. When the big day came, our cake looked beautiful and tasted even better than I remembered. It was a pleasure working with A Simple Cake and the results were delicious!