98-1277 Kaahumanu Street, PMB229, Aiea, HI 96701 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 37
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Rev. James / Wedding Officiant

Rev. James has been involved in Hawaii weddings for over 15 years. Having lived in Hawaii for most of his life, James is familiar with it's local culture and happily calls Hawaii his home. "Hawaii has given me a home, friends and my beautiful wife and children", says James. James resided in Aiea along with his wife of over 20 years, two daughters and doggies - Chewie and Solo.

In his early 20's, after a visit from his lifelong friend, who works in Hollywood, James was introduced to the world of film. After some training, James then started a video production company that still operates today.

During his free time, James enjoys movies, cooking and staying fit at the gym; but most of all, spending time with family and friends.

"I believe that God designed us all with the unique ability to create happiness in ourselves and those around us", says James. He believes there are five things that everyone should practice regularly.

1 Pray - Give thanks for where we are, pray for guidance in where we want to go.

2 Be Active - Activity is good for the body and the mind. It reduces stress, lifts your mood and keeps you young.

3 Work - The pursuit of happiness is often more rewarding than the prize.

4 Love - The most important thing in life are your relationships. Cherish each of them daily.

5 Experience - Try something new. It could be as simple as trying a new route on a daily run or a new restaurant. New experiences always bring joy and freshness to life.

Follow Rev. James / Wedding Officiant on

Rev. James / Wedding Officiant 7
  • Z

Zandra Zampaga-Le · Married on 07/18/2019

Wedding at Wahiawa Botanical Garden

There are no words that can express how patient, kind, and understanding Rev. James Chun is. I had my ceremony at Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Like most (or some) brides, I had a situation which ended up having me to be late from the start time. Then, I had to wait for my parents who were late as well. He was very kind about it and asked if there was anything that I wanted regarding about who will walk down with me. Of course I wanted my parents next to me and it was very important that my grandma (the last of seven siblings alive and we recently buried her sister) to walk a short walk down (for picture purposes, to be recognized, and be a part of). VERY understanding! He recommended a nice area where my guests can watch and take pictures with a beautiful background. Also, he responds very quickly to emails and in a professional manner. Although this ceremony was small and intimate, my husband and I will be having a big one to have our families from the mainland to come and watch us recite our vows. You have the option to recite your own vows or to follow him. We decided not to for our intimate one. We will surely use his services again for our big one and recommend him to anyone who can’t decide who they would want to wed them. Thank you Reverend Chun!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob Moore · Married on 04/04/2019

Absolutely Amazing and Very Patient

Rev. James made our wedding amazing. We were running a little late with getting everything set up, and Rev. James gave us the time to make sure everything was in order. Rev. James also came very prepared and helped us make our day run smoothly. We have alot of respect for him and believe he is the best choice when it comes to wedding officiants in Hawaii. Very happy, thanks again Rev. James for making our day amazing.
    - Amanda and Jake

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Penelope

Penelope Humphries · Married on 03/23/2019

So Happy Rev. Chun was our officiant!!

Rev. Chun performed our ceremony just over a week ago & it was beautiful. His words are sincere & beautiful. He was so professional & so prompt addressing my emails. Really happy we put the research in & found him. I wouldn’t want anyone else to have performed our ceremony. He exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 04/02/2019

Rev. James / Wedding Officiant Pricing

Rev. James / Wedding Officiant Price Rates

Real Weddings

• Absolutely Loved Photography
    Absolutely Loved Photography Wedding Photographers

Reverend James performs beautiful wedding ceremonies. We have worked with him for many years and love the way he takes care of our clients. He is highly recommended!

• Right Frame Photography - Honolulu Wedding Photography
    Right Frame Photography - Honolulu Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

I highly recommend Rev. James to any couple who is looking for an officiant. He is always flexible and so pleasant to work with! You'll remember your ceremony forever.

• 98-1277 Kaahumanu Street, PMB229 Aiea, 96701 See on map