Huntington Beach, CA 92649 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Red Feather Photography

Carolyn's love of photography began 18 years ago from the other side of the camera - as a professional model and actress. The experience of working with some of the best photographers in the world was priceless. Armed with an old Canon T70, Carolyn started snapping pictures as she traveled through Africa and Europe on her modeling assignments. One important thing she noticed is that when she was on a shoot where the photographer made her feel comfortable and beautiful, the photographs turned out great. This concept is the backbone of Carolyn's approach to her subjects. Many people are apprehensive about having their picture taken and Carolyn's warm and genuine personality help them to be relaxed.

Carolyn and her husband Bruno originally lived in New York City. She felt the California landscape was the perfect backdrop to her fresh and colorful photography, so they relocated to Southern California 10 years ago. Besides the invaluable knowledge garnered from her modeling and acting careers, Carolyn has taken numerous photography classes and seminars, including studying at the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. She has won numerous awards in various art competitions and has been published in several national publications.

Carolyn especially enjoys photographing weddings because she knows the images will be cherished for generations, and she always feels honored when she is chosen to document such an important milestone. The images from her own wedding 11 years ago were disappointing and she strives to give her clients better images than they could have imagined.

Carolyn continues to do some modeling and acting, which helps her become a better photographer. "It gives me better insight into both sides of the equation," she says. "Certain elements of photography cannot be taught. Although passion is necessary, it is not enough," Carolyn says. She explains, "when I put my camera up to my eye, the world moves in slow motion and is somehow more colorful, more beautiful, more innocent."

7 Reviews for Red Feather Photography

jennifer · Married on 08/09/2009

Where do I start...Carolyn was amazing! She is a brilliant artist who takes pride in delivering the most exquisite images possible. She captures every detail and special moment! I told Carolyn what we wanted and she surpassed any of my expectations. With a wedding party of 20 my wedding was not going to be an easy wedding to shoot. We were in the heat during a August day in Corona, Ca. Needless to say it was hot. But it never showed on Carolyn. She was focused and very professional as well as fun loving and creative. It just goes to show that no task if to great for Carolyn Troadec! My husband and I feel truly blessed that she was the one documenting the most important day of our lives. She has this ease about her that makes you feel so comfortable. She connected with us right away and you could tell she really loves what she does. And it show in her incredible work. She became a wonderful friend through the whole process and I look forward to working with her in the future for any other special pictures we will need taken. After working with someone as talented as her i couldn't imagine ever using anyone else. Thank you Carolyn for being such a wonderful person and artist and blessing us with such gorgeous wedding pictures!

Sent on 09/04/2009
  • Z

Zara · Married on 05/30/2009

Carolyn was an amazing photographer!! She really listened to me and what I wanted and gave me exactly what I was looking for. She is so incredibly artistic and creative and she was able to put a better spin on all of my ideas and had wonderful ideas of her own. I could not be happier with Carolyn and the wonderful job she did. She also was able to turn the pictures around quickly which I truly appreciated… the anxiety was killing me! I would recommend Carolyn to anyone I know who gets engaged, married or just wants great pictures taken of them.

Sent on 06/15/2009

Kelsey · Married on 09/12/2008

Carolyn Troadec of Troadec Photography helped create our wedding to be better than ever imagined, with memories that will last forever!!! Carolyn was with us throughout every step of the way to help create a small family beach wedding into something fun and elegant with fabulous photos to keep forever. She understood our ideas and what we wanted and added onto them to make the wedding everything we ever dreamed of. She captured all the right angles and definitely has the eye of an artist. She included a slide show with our song to send to all our friends and family only a few days after the wedding. I still watch it over and over again. We have never got so many complements as we did on our photos. Carolyn represented our sunset wedding to it's fullest extent in such a professional artistic manner. To this day she is still giving us ideas and advice for photo prints. We would highly recommend Troadec Photography. We had the most professional, fun, friendly and memorable experience with Carolyn!

Sent on 09/28/2008

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• A Sweet Design
    A Sweet Design Wedding Cakes

I am impressed by the spirit that Troadec Photography captures in her artwork. I have recommended her to clients and vendor friends as well as used her for personal events. Thank you Carolyn for adding your special touch!!!

• Huntington Beach, 92649 See on map