Baton Rouge, LA 70817 Map · Phone number

About Poppy Lane Events

We have a passion for details, and know it is our purpose to bring dreams and visions to life for our couples, focusing
on the celebration of life and marriage. We love creating teams of like-minded folks to make it happen, and we would be beyond happy to collaborate with you.

Follow Poppy Lane Events on

2 Reviews for Poppy Lane Events

• Meredith

Meredith Rouillier · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Wedding Money Spent

I wish I could give one million stars. Randi and her team are absolute rock stars. We were married in November 2018, and my husband still talks about how hiring Poppy Lane Events to coordinate our day was the best money we spent on the wedding. Randi was so genuinely excited to work with us and had so many excellent suggestions. She handled everything so professionally and our day was perfect. From floor plan design, timeline creation, vendor recommendations and meetings, decoration set up and clean up, Randi was there. We were completely taken care of on our wedding day, and I didn't have a single stressful or difficult moment. I would recommend Poppy Lane Events to anyone.

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen DiCicco · Married on 03/29/2019

Ruined our big day

It honestly pains me to write this review as I prefer to look back on our wedding day with happiness and love but unfortunately, because of Randi, that thought is sullied.

Randi seemed to be on top of things leading up to the wedding. I received check-in emails once a month to remind me of what needed to be done and asking if I needed any help. I emailed her with the contact information of all of our vendors assuming she was going to contact them and making sure everything was in order since that's what we specifically hired her for. I was gravely wrong.

I found out about 2 hours before our rehearsal dinner that that band we hired was not coming even though I had emailed Randi to please check in with them about a month prior. I thought it was the fault of the band but then later came to find out she hadn't contacted them at all until 2 hours before the event and when she contacted them, she thought they were our second line band. She had no idea who was doing what which made me nervous for our wedding the following day.

The day of the wedding, we were receiving phone calls from our vendors asking for our coordinator's contact information. When we asked our vendors if they were ever contacted they all told us no. Although she told me via email she had reached out to everyone, she, in fact, called no one and if it wasn't for our amazing and professional vendors, we wouldn't have had anyone show up. I hired a tarot card reader who I hadn't heard from since I hired her. I asked Randi multiple times during our cocktail hour if she had contacted her and she looked like at me like a deer in headlights. When I asked Randi to please contact her to see if she was still planning on coming, she started to go through her phone to get her contact info so I assumed it was taken care of. I later came to find out she NEVER contacted the reader even after I had asked her to please call her. She was in town and could have made it but accidentally wrote down the wrong date. An easy fix if our coordinator did what she was supposed to do and reach out to our vendors before the day of the wedding.

My bridesmaids basically did her job for her. They were the ones to let people know about the first dance and cake cutting. She didn't speak to our band until 5 minutes before we were announced as husband and wife so they had no idea what was happening and we walked in with no music playing. They then announced the father/daughter dance which was extremely embarrassing as I was dancing with my mother because my father has been out of the picture for quite some time. The band then played the song for my husband's dance so I missed out on dancing with my mom to my song and he missed out on dancing with his mom completely.

She told no one what to do during the ceremony, forgot to tell us to grab the rings, didn't contact any vendors, PUSHED IN FRONT OF MY BRIDESMAID TO EAT OUR FOOD instead of doing her job, missed the fact that we didn't have sheet cakes to feed our guests and honestly the list could go on and on. Everyone I spoke to including every vendor, guests, and especially my bridesmaid who is a wedding coordinator was appalled by her performance.

She was unprofessional, unorganized and the exact opposite of what we needed to take the stress off of us on our big day. I feel as though I was robbed of my money and multiple once in a lifetime experiences thanks to Randi. Brides, do yourself a favor and hire another coordinator. It's worth any amount of money to avoid this.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Poppy Lane Events's reply:

As I expressed in our previous communication, it is my deepest and sincerest apology that you did not receive the fullest of the Poppy Lane Events experience. We take full responsibility regarding the mishaps and failure of services regards to the management of your Rehearsal Dinner (the miscommunication on our end regarding entertainment for both the Second Line and the dinner itself) and for failure to confirm with the tarot card reader the day of your wedding.

However we must note that the contact information for several vendors was not included on our Day-of Details form, as was submitted by you on 2/6/2019, and the final timeline (in which all vendors from that form were listed) that was confirmed as complete by you on 3/5/2019, and underwent several drafts in order to fit the schedule you wished for your wedding day. An email was sent to all accounted vendors the week of your wedding on 3/25/2018, in which all vendors as accounted for on the final timeline confirmed receipt.

Additionally, regarding the claims of insufficient (nonexistent) cake for your guests, and the errors that the band committed regarding introductions and music; we cannot be at fault or take responsibility for their actions or inactions, due to contracted agreements with them. We conveyed the information relayed to Poppy Lane Events to them, as approved on 3/5 and sent to accounted vendors on 3/25. While we certainly can adapt to changes day of, such as the introduction of the entire bridal party rather than just the couple, and convey the information in a timely manner upon this change and provide additional information such as names, we cannot be held liable for any errors that may occur as a result (that being in this instance, no music being played while bridesmaids and groomsmen were introduced). We cannot also be held liable for the missteps relating to incorrect music and announcements, despite information being relayed beforehand, due to the lack of control that Poppy Lane Events has over the personal actions of other individuals.

We were put into a awkward position at the end of the evening, when discussing the errors that occurred we were informed that if we did not provide at 30% refund, reviews would be posted on multiple platforms, and if we did provide a refund, no reviews would be left. As witnessed by multiple parties including other vendors, our team did not confirm a refund of any certain percentage, 30% or otherwise. This violated the terms of the agreement and contract between the client and myself, in particular, our abuse clause that prevents such situations from occurring. As such, we handled the situation appropriately and with the advice of our legal team.

Again, it is my sincerest and deepest apology that you did not receive the fullest extent of our services as your coordinator.

Poppy Lane Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 2800.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Baton Rouge, 70817 See on map