2960 La Posada Way, Julian, CA 92036 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About Pine Hills Lodge

Pine Hills Lodge is a rustic wedding venue in Julian, California. This historic venue, serving guests for 105 years, is located on eight acres of land and surrounded by pine and oak trees. This intimate, woodsy location 4,000 feet up makes for a unique venue space that is sure to make your event memorable and special.

Facilities and Capacity
Pine Lodge Hills has several indoor and outdoor options for your wedding ceremony and reception. The outdoor arbor space is great for ceremonies on the lawn, with a lovely cedar deck for the reception. There is also an indoor grand fireplace area for receptions, with a main dining room for your reception. The maximum capacity is 250 people.

Pine Hills Lodge has over 100 years of experience as a business, allowing them to provide amazing services to you and your guests. With in-house event planning services, your event is sure to be a successful one, tailored exactly to your needs and wants. The additional services that are available at this venue include:

• Accommodations

Pine Hills Lodge 3
Pine Hills Lodge 4
Pine Hills Lodge 5

Rita · Married on 01/05/2019

Beautiful mountain venue, amazing owner/manager!

We had the absolute best wedding at Pine Hills Lodge (PHL)! Hanna, the owner and venue manager, was incredibly easy to work with- super responsive to all of my panicked emails (of which there were many haha), extremely flexible, and so sweet! We changed the location of our ceremony several times before deciding on an indoor ceremony (too cold in January), and she was super patient and flexible with us. She even said we could change it the day of it we wanted! As for value, this place is amazing. It was around $30 per person for AMAZING buffet BBQ plus ice cream included with the pie we served (Julian Pie Co.). It was tough not getting to taste it in advance, but trust us, it is to die for. The brisket is especially amazing. I am a huge BBQ fan, and this was some of the best I've had. The rental fees are also super competitive- in talking to other brides I realized we were paying much less for a really nice space. The reception lodge area is absolutely gorgeous (lots of twinkle lights) and the conjoined pub area is so awesome. Once dancing stopped at 10pm in the lodge, Hanna keeps the pub and bar open for you and your guests until 2am! So you can keep the party going with no additional costs for going over. A huge draw for us was also the onsite lodging for our wedding party and family. Its nothing fancy (woodsy cabins), but its perfect for the mountain feel anyways! You basically get the whole place to yourself for the weekend if you book all the rooms, which turned our wedding weekend into a giant hangout with family! There is also the option to serve brunch on Sunday after a Saturday wedding, which gave us the opportunity to say goodbye to all of our guests. The brunch, much like the dinner, is also amazing.

My few pieces of feedback: we didn't realize that the lodge and other buildings where we would be getting ready were locked the day of our wedding until 9am. We were scheduled to start doing our hair at 7:45, so I panicked a bit when things were locked. Luckily I found someone to open our space on time, but would have been good to nail that down in advance. Also, the theater building where we had our ceremony and where we got ready could use a few small updates- heating wasnt on until late in the day and our girls were getting ready there so we were a bit chilly. The lighting could also use a little updating, since it gets sort of dark for an afternoon ceremony. But none of these things impacted our day- just tips that will hopefully be helpful!

Overall, we had just the best time at PHL and would 100% recommend it if you're looking for a woodsy, well-priced wedding weekend in the mountains!

Pine Hills Lodge 14
    Pine Hills Lodge 15
    Pine Hills Lodge 16
    Sent on 01/18/2019

Pine Hills Lodge's reply:

Thank you, Rita! You and Philip were such a pleasure to work with! I apologize about not getting you into the theater early that morning! I completely forgot. You could have called me, and, I would have gotten you right in. Thank goodness our maid was able to get you in!
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 12/07/2018

Unforgettable

My wedding was on December 7, 2018. I wanted a rustic/winter wonderlandy location for my dream wedding. After looking at so many locations Pine Hills Lodge not only fit my budget but the location was nothing short of breathtaking. It was everything I wanted in one spot. Hannah was very accommodating and super sweet. I tell you right now I challenge any one of you to find a better venue for your budget than what Pine Hills Offers. Their entire property is at your disposal and Hannah gives you full flexibility on what area of the property you'd like to have the wedding and/or reception and does not charge you extra for it. I can't tell you how amazing that is for an indecisive bride like me. lol I first wanted to have the wedding outside but 1 month, yes 1 month prior to the wedding we decided to have it in the barn and Hannah did not even flinch. The wedding was spectacular and I still have guests tell me it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've ever been to. The lodge itself was such a cozy romantic backdrop and it was so much fun. I wish I could do it all over again. Give this place a chance, you won't regret it.

Pine Hills Lodge 17
    Pine Hills Lodge 18
    Sent on 04/18/2019

Pine Hills Lodge FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 2800.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 2500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 300.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
    Hotel
    Inn/B&B
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Runners
    Altar/Arch
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Decor
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    January
    September
    October
    November
    December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    February
    March

• Sound Prodigy
    Sound Prodigy Wedding DJs

The Pine Hills Lodge this amazing rustic cabin nestled in the hills of Julian. Very cozy and very country. I have been performing at this venue for a number of years and its an AWESOME place. The staff is friendly, the food is wonderful and the surroundings are amazing! If your looking for a quiet out of the way location to have a wedding ceremony and reception The Pine Hills Lodge is the place. Its everything a venue should be. DJ Pat

• 2960 La Posada Way Julian, California, 92036 See on map