Every bride dreams of the perfect wedding and a gown that is elegant;
A once in a lifetime statement.
Often the search for just the right gown takes a lot of energy, time and money - not to mention travel. To fill a local niche, Denise Marcey, who holds a degree in textiles from the University of Rhode Island and has a flair for flower arranging and decoration, decided to open Melissa Ashley Brides, Ltd.
In addition to providing head-to-toe bridal apparel for the whole wedding party, Denise and her staff take a prospective bride through her entire planning process, armed with ideas for an indelible experience. At Melissa Ashley Brides they guarantee quality apparel, reasonable pricing, one-on-one attention, and a willingness to custom-detail anything - veils, shoes, gowns - from bead work to embroidery to tailoring. If a wedding gown has blue crystals but a bride wants them pink, she can consider the change done. Denise takes special care to ensure that each bride finds her unique look for her special day. The shop has more than 300 bridal gowns and hundreds of bridesmaids gowns.
Come by today and enjoy the Melissa Ashley difference.
Restore Your Family Gown to the True Color...
If the wedding gown of your dreams is a family gown that time has yellowed and stained, call us! We specialize in restoring antique gowns to their true color without damage to delicate fabrics or dyes, and our process removes stains and discoloration that ordinary dry cleaners cannot. You can enjoy the wonderful feeling of using a family heirloom - a family wedding gown or one of the special dresses you or someone in your family wore as a child. Call today for a fee consultation becuase the perfect gown for you may be the one in your attic!
Our Thoroughness and Attention to Detail Guarantee Great Results...
* Free Evaluation: We will gladly give you a free consultation and estimate for the care of any fabric, new or old.
* Hand-Cleaning: We hand-treat and clean each gown individually - never in combination with other dresses. We take every precaution to protect delicate beads, embroidery, and lace during the cleaning process.
* Anti-Sugar Stain Treatment: Spills containing sugar, salt, and acid often dry clear and cannot be seen. these latent stains do not dissolve during ordinary dry cleaning and turn an ugly brown over time. Our unique anti-sugar stain treatment, featured in Modern Bride and Bride's, ensures that all sugar, salt, and acid - seen or unseen - is removed.
* Personal Inspection Available: We encourage you to inspect your gown before our MuseumCareTM preservation is completed.
* Environmentally-Pure, Lasting Protection: Vacuum or plastic seals and other acidic materials damage gowns. We use acid-free tissue to protect your gown and enclose it in a completely acid-free archival-quality wedding chest. Acid-free windows for viewing your treasured memories are available.
* International Guarantee: Members of the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists are represented in more than 500 cities around the world. Return your gown to any participating Wedding Gown Specialist who will inspect and press the gown at no charge. Improper handling of the gown without the supervision of a Wedding Gown Specialist may cause damage and compromise the preservation of your gown.
Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 99% of couples
7 User photos
Kaitlyn · Married on 06/08/2019
I didn't even know what my "dream dress" looked like until I walked into Melissa Ashley's. It was the second one a tried on and I knew it was the one! Melissa Ashley's has unique, up to date dresses to match every personality. The owner Kayla is an absolute sweetheart and a total joy to work with!Sent on 06/26/2019
Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019
This was the first dress shop I went to and I had a wonderful experience! As a plus size bride I was concerned that my options would be limited as far as things to try on and that I would need kind of guess how the dresses would look on me but that was not the case!! They had many options in the style I was looking for and I was able to try many on to get an idea of fit and style! It was a wonderful surprise that I truly appreciated. They were helpful and honest and I found my dream dress!! The dress was made to my exact measurements which made for no alterations except for a bustle. I ended up going back with my grandmother to find a dress for her and she had a great experience as well. She is very tall with a small top and larger bottom. She was able to find dresses that suited her and were flattering and couldn't have found a more perfect dress! The staff was super helpful, friendly and not pushy. The prices were varied and reasonable and all of the dresses were beautiful. It was a goal of mine to support local businesses for my wedding vendors and I am so happy I got my dress here!Sent on 05/28/2019
Lauren · Married on 12/02/2018
I went to visit the store during their sale this month with my mom, figuring we'd check it out but probably not purchase anything yet. This was due to us having never been there before and because my wedding isn't until Dec 2018, so we were mostly just planning to "looking around".Sent on 07/26/2017
Much to our surprise, an hour or so after walking in, I walked out having said, "YES!" to a dress! The staff was extremely knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. They were able to help me try on at least a half dozen dresses and provided great feedback for each, and the best part was that they took everything they'd heard from us, seen us pick out and try on, and ended up selecting a dress for me to try on that ended up being absolutely PERFECT! The final cherry on top of this great experience, was the price could NOT be beat for such a beautiful and quality dress.
I highly recommend checking them out (especially during sales) and take a peek!