5021 Huguenot Road, Richmond, Virginia 23226 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 83

About Kim Moody Design

About Kim Moody Design

Since 2004, Kim Moody Design has offered floral design for hundreds of amazing couples on their wedding days! We provide floral designs that are representative of you as a couple and can do anything from classic and timeless to modern and trendy. For the past 15 years we've been known throughout the commonwealth for our seamless event planning! In 2008 we added floral design to the mix. In late 2019 our team will be focusing our efforts on floral design and venue sales at the up and coming Estate at River Run in Goochland, Virginia!

Perfect execution and flawless style are trademark qualities of any Kim Moody Design floral design and we look forward to talking with you about your event!

Experience
A licensed Interior Designer, Kim received her BFA in Interior Design from James Madison University. Shortly thereafter she earned her National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) and opened her design studio that year. When the economy started to struggle in 2008, weddings went from being a small part of our business to a key component. Since that time we've served over 1,200 families with our work in planning and florals for weddings and special events.

Couples who entrust their floral design to KMD can rest easy knowing each detail is covered by an experienced, reliable professional. Whether lavish or low-key, Kim and her team believe each couple deserves the peace of mind on their special day, therefore, the following services are provided with your floral order booking:

• Consultation
    • Event Design
    • Event Styling
    • Decor Rentals

• Floral Design
  • Floral Delivery
  • Floral Installation

Areas Covered
The team at Kim Moody Design works at venues across the Commonwealth of Virginia and surrounding states, but also enjoys traveling even farther for destination events! Contact us today to see what we can create for you!

Follow Kim Moody Design on

Kim Moody Design 6
Kim Moody Design 7
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/15/2019

Professional, organized, and so personable!

Hiring Kim Moody and her team was the best decision I made when wedding planning. From the beginning everything was so organized and all of the team members working with me kept in touch on a weekly basis. They have great relationships with some amazing vendors, and I have nothing but good things to say about each and every vendor they recommended. Erin, Kim, Honey, and Ariel all were so friendly and easy going throughout my 2 year planning process and were so easy to get in contact with whenever I needed them! The day of the wedding went SO smoothly for me and I couldn't have asked for a more organized, easy, and amazing wedding day thanks to these wonderful ladies! My guests also had such great compliments to give this whole team as well and mentioned how organized, nice, and on top of everything they were. Kim Moody Design truly made my dream wedding come true AND made beautiful flower arrangements for me as well!! I highly recommend Kim Moody and her team for all wedding planning needs, they are truly the best!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Kim Moody Design's reply:

It was absolutely our pleasure! We had so much fun with your family. And you are right - with a 2-year planning process - it's important that we all have great chemistry together! Your day was so special. Highlights included the bouquet quarter-mile sprint, Erin being star-struck by her favorite actor, and your dad telling her he wasn't the bride's father! haha. What a weekend! Thank you for choosing us!
  • Lauren

Lauren Gillam · Married on 04/13/2019

My Wedding Was Absolute Magic with Kim Moody Design

My fiance and I were engaged for a while before we finally came to the conclusion that we needed help in a major way planning our wedding. Enter Honeylyn Armstrong from Kim Moody Design. I can't say enough good things about her - she took our raw ideas and turned them into the wedding of our dreams. Everything was absolutely perfect down to the very last detail. Everyone at our wedding has told us how smooth everything was, and my friends who are planning weddings themselves have asked what we did differently - the answer is having a rock star wedding planner! My mom and I have talked about it several times since, but on the day of my wedding, we had absolutely no worries, because we knew that Honey and her team were going to make sure that everything got done, and we just knew it was going to be perfect. For all you brides/grooms to be, I can't even begin to tell you what an incredible gift it is to be able to actually relax and enjoy your wedding day! You're able to get ready with your friends and family and actually focus on yourself and be present for all those special moments. You're not worried about things being done correctly and on time when you have a team of professionals whose sole focus is making sure your vision and dreams come true. And not only that, but when my new husband and I left that night, I wasn't worried about our parents having to stay until all hours of the night packing up because that was taken care of too. Our wedding day felt like absolute magic, for us and for our families, and I know so much of that was because of Honey and her team's amazing work and their loving hearts! Everyone deserves to have the wedding day they've always dreamed of, and you can too if you give Kim Moody Design a call!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Kim Moody Design 8
    Kim Moody Design 9
    Kim Moody Design 10
    Kim Moody Design 11
    Kim Moody Design 12
    Kim Moody Design 13

Kim Moody Design's reply:

Lauren that is so sweet! It's WILD to see your last name as Gilliam! YAY!! Our whole crew was delighted to serve you.

The look of the event was stunning and your caterer has since told mutual friends of ours it was the very best wedding he's ever been part of. I think he was shocked how things ran like clockwork. haha. We adored your family and thank you for giving us the design abilities you did to make it so special and so unique for you! warmly, Kim

Kim Moody Design FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 275.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 130.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 21.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 150.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 225.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 5,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 1
  • What lighting services do you provide? Accent, Lanterns
  • What decor services do you provide? Clean Up, Day-of Coordination, Delivery, Drapery, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design, Setup, Venue Selection
  • What decor items are available? Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Chalkboards, Paper Flowers, Signage, Table Runners, Trinkets, Vases

• White House Catering
    White House Catering Wedding Caterers

The pros at Kim Moody Design are a total delight to work with from the initial consultation to the honeymoon!

• RVA Trolley
    RVA Trolley Wedding Limos

We have worked with everyone from Kim Moody Design a few times, and they are always wonderful to work with! We look forward to working with you all again soon!!

• Party Perfect
    Party Perfect Wedding Rentals

The gals at KMD are awesome!!! They are super fun, organized, professional and creative! We know they will do an awesome job as your planning team!

• 5021 Huguenot Road Richmond, Virginia, 23226 See on map