Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About A Sharper Palate

Serving Virginia Since 1993

Imagine the perfect event and your mind conjures up all sorts of gourmet delights, from delectable hors d'oeuvres to elegantly presented desserts.

At A Sharper Palate, that's only the beginning. For us, it's about creating an unforgettable experience from stylish table settings to unmatched personal service. We pay attention to every detail so you can relax and enjoy your event.

Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or an elegant gala, A Sharper Palate Catering Company can assist you with your special day.

Our skilled chefs are able to offer custom menu creations, because our kitchen strives to always fresh, local, high quality ingredients whenever possible a make our food items.

A Sharper Palate’s event planners tailor each event to best suite our client’s taste and budget.  Our years of off- site catering experience have taught us the key elements to making every event the best it can be.

Our approach takes a little more time and experience, but it's what sets A Sharper Palate apart from our competition.

Please contact us regarding your future event at (804) 553-0495.

email: info@asharperpalate.com

Stations (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Nut Free (1)
House Liquor (1)

The ASP team was great to work with during our wedding planning process. Kristen and Kyle made our out of town planning easier by coordinating with the rental company to have samples on site when we came into town for our tasting. My fiance and I were looking to offer southern comfort food in a formal setting and ASP struck the perfect balance for us. When I told ASP we were planning on getting desserts from a few of our favorite local vendors instead of going with one of their cakes, the team could not have been more supportive. Our day of contact, Kim, was just as excited about our dessert table as I was and absolutely made my vision come to life. In addition to catering, ASP also coordinated our rentals for us including delivery, set up and breakdown arrangements which made for such a smooth process. I did have to put my foot down when we received pushback on our floor plan for plated dinner service. However, once ASP realized our vision for dinner was non-negotiable, they did a phenomenal job accommodating our guests. Overall we had a great experience with ASP and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other couples.

Profile Picture Addie, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

This company did a wedding at my house on may 20th 2017 it was't my wedding it was a close friends daughter. They did a excellent job, they were well staffed. The food was very good, everything was replenished as needed. They were well staffed, everything was cleaned up. No mess what so ever was left in my yard they took all the trash with them. the left over food was put in container and put in a refrigerator. They got there in plenty of time to get the food ready before all the guest arrived. If I ever need catering services again. I would use them again.. I might add, I am very particular when it comes to food and this company impressed me. Great Job Sharper Palate.!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture DEBORAH, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Kim at A Sharper Palate was fabulous. She was with us from the inquire to the big day. Guests raved about the food and they were all over anything that needed to be done.

Profile Picture User6437668, Recently Married, 7 Reviews

18 Photos

My Photo Album

18 Photos

9 ENDORSEMENTS
LOVE LOVE LOVE A Sharper Palate. While working with Rent-E-Quip I have had the opportunity to take part in many events with this team and I can personally attest that they are worth every penny!

Exquisite food, presentation and staff.

Stephen, Lauren & the rest of the team make Sharper Palate our favorite catering company in Richmond-and their cheese plate is the best in town!!

Amazing food, stellar service. Highly recommend!

A Sharper Palate is on our preferred vendor list for our new rustic chic barn venue in Powhatan Virginia. We are very selective when we decided on caterers for the farm as presentation is everything and A Sharper Palate is the real deal-first class service, quality menus and many positive recommendations from others. Fairview Farm Events is pleased to partner with them!

Events